Start by marking “The Truth About Love (The Truth About Love Vol:I)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Love (The Truth About Love Vol:I)

The Truth About Love (The Truth About Love #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
An alternate title/cover for this ASIN can be found here.

Eve Harris has always had a point to prove: where you come from doesn't matter, it's what you aim for that counts. She has it all planned; find the perfect teaching job, live with her best friend, Cherry, and never get dragged back into the destructive world of her youth.

The last thing she expects is to bump into mil
Published February 2017 by Dreamscape Books

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Love

Siobhan
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was somewhat tentative about reading The Truth About Love: Volume I. You see, I have this love hate relationship with novellas – I enjoy reading them, yet I hate waiting for an entire story to come to fruition due to it being told over multiple short tales. Nevertheless, I was willing to give this one a read. I was curious about it, as it sounded rather sweet. After finishing, I’m glad I decided to give the story a read.

Although an exceptionally short read, a lot happens in this one. This stor
A
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC received in exchange for an honest review :)

I gave this novella 5 stars, because I absolutely loved the characters and writing style, but I am still not sure what to think about the story itself... need a few days to gather my thoughts, but expect a full review on the day of the release :)

edited to add my full review :)

I got an ARC of this novella in exchange for an honest review ;) so first of all I feel the need to warn you people that this is not a fully standalone story… ;) it’s more of
DJ Sakata
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

The truth is I’m tired. Job placement nearly killed me. I feel like a thread of cotton that’s been worried and pulled at until only the finest, weakest fiber is left. I’m that fiber, barely there.

Cherry got to go to some quaint little village school for her placement. She came back glowing, and possibly ten pounds heavier. ‘It was the cakes in the staff room,’ she keeps telling me. Bloody cakes, the only thing they had in the staff room at my school were painkillers, wine, and ch
Nadine Keedy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Anna Bloom, I really enjoyed it. The Truth About Love is a novella so if you want a quick sweet read these are for you. I couldn't put it down as soon as I finished I was on to the next one. I'm so glad I had all three waiting as I'm so impatient at cliffhangers and need to know what's going to happen next.
Sara Oxton
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truth about love vol 1 – Tells us the story of Cameron Wallis Eve Harris, Eve has always worked hard for everything she has and when she bumps into the playboy son of a millionaire she doesn’t expect him to be who Cam is, a strangely down to each guy. Not at all the man she believes him to be. The problem is will she ever give him a chance to prove himself to her? There is a cliff-hanger, but this is a great short read. Anna Bloom writes great passion.
Rebecca Crane
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for this well written novella. Review to come.
Rhonda Brant
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author for me, and I must say, I really enjoyed this Novella. I'm not one for short stories, you just get started and the book is over, but this one had me hooked from the first page, and barely cut me loose on the last page. Cam and Eve's story is full of challenges, a first love for Eve who doesn't believe in love because of her past with her mother, and Cam is the rich mans son who is judged because of the money his family has, instead of who he really is. Loved the writing in t ...more
Becky Fairweather
I absolutely loved this book
So sweet and heart warming,
This is not the first nor the last book I will read from Anna, her style of writing has me hooked. I connected to each character and that for me is the best part of a book.

I won't give to much away
Eve and Cam first met at the study library where they were both studying for their final exams, two people brought up in different worlds. Eve's past has her grown into a strong independent person, she has bottled up alot from her up bringing whi
Sharon Betts
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful way to start this series! I spent a lovely couple of hours reading and relaxing. The story starts just as Eve is finishing her degree, and literally covers just a few days. The characters are very likeable and its easy to connect to them, leaving you rooting for them. I smiled in places, and had my heart tugged at for the situation they find themselves in. There's a great message contained in the book too, about not judging based on preconceived ideas.
I'm hoping it won't be too
Ann Walker
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fab read! Anna's words have me hooked from the very first chapter and I didn't want to stop reading. I loved the main characters Cam, Eve and Cherry. I loved the chemistry between Cam and Eve and the friendship that Cherry and Eve have. This is such a lovely quick read and I am left definitely wanting more.
Ree
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novella was so much more than I expected. It was good, funny, full of banter & very intriguing. I can't wait - truly - for the continuation of Cam & Eve's story.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.

P.S. Cliffhangers aren't my favourite, but I promise you'll enjoy the book nonetheless.
Lauren
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
he finally thought she was done with her drunken Pill popping mother however she gets sucked back in by another overdose. did it ruined her chance with her three date dream man? The book ends rather abruptly and leaves us wondering what's coming next.
Reading with 2 book lovers
this is the first book In this series.
I loved eve and Cameron so much, they were a great couple.
if your in the mood for a good little novella I highly recommend this series!
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Casey Leigh
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable and interesting read. At times slightly contradictory- seemingly strong characters being less so. A tale of perceptions, judgements and family obligations.
Fala Misscheeksz
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Camron is a billionaire playboy heir. When Cam sets his eyes on Eve he knows shes not like the rest and he has to have her. Eve has enough personal drama that she stays to herself. When she meets Cam she thinks hes a self centered jerk. But when she gives him a chance she sees a different side to him and cant help but like him. But as fate would have it something gets in her ways as usual and Eve cant see the light at the end of the tunnel. Will it be the end of her and Cam or can she see past t ...more
Tiffany
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first installment in the series. It is a quick read that can be completed in a couple hours. It's perfect for a lazy afternoon. Eve and Cameron are great and have a sweet romance. I can't wait for the second installment.
*I voluntarily reviewed this book. This is my honest review.*
Catherine Hayward
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book left me wanting more, I want to know what's going to happen to Cam and Eve, and I'm desperate to know Cherry's story. It's a serial novella. From the first few lines I thought , oh this is going to grab me and not let go.

It's not a simple boy meets girl insta love, for such a short read it has depth and substance. Eve and Cam are from two very different backgrounds . Cam has grown up with money and privilege. Eve has struggle all her life. So keeping her head down , doing her job , liv
Thi
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Eve's snarky personality and how sweet Cam is. I just didn't like the ending. I need more.
Betty Blue Reads
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I WANT MORE!!

I just loved it.
It is a great story.
Too short and with a huge cliffhanger... but very interesting and good.

I can't wait for vol. 2
Thi
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Eve' snarky personality and how sweet Cam is. I just didn't like the ending. I need more.
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This first installment of the Truth About Love series was short and sweet.

Eve and Cam come from completely different worlds. Eve has just finished college and is ready to find a teaching job so she can have some stability in her life. Stability that she never had growing up. Cam comes from an extremely wealthy family and has a playboy reputation if the gossip columns are to be believed. Can these opposites have something amazing or are their differences too many to make it work?

Even though this
Andie Long
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fantastic book. Looking forward to the next one.
Jane Woods
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new story. A short read with a cliffhanger but loved it. The story of Eve just finishing her teaching degree who meets Cameron by chance and how their friendship builds over a few days. Love Anna's writing and cannot wait for the next instalment.
Jardine Clark
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally enjoyed this short novella I wanted more by the end. The author has you glued to every page from the beginning needing you wanting to read more. Hope to read more about Eve and Cameron story. A brilliant start to a new series. Looking forward to more.
Alison
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a short novella approx 87 pages so easy to read in one sitting. Make a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy.

I really enjoyed this, it is so easy to slide into and get to know Eve and Cam. Eve is a poor student, typical of the breed, lives hand to mouth literally but has achieved her dream of becoming a primary school teacher. She had a tough childhood but is happy with her plans for the future which includes living with her best friend Cherry.

Cam is a wealthy heir, smartly dressed, astonish
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
4.5 Stars!

The Truth About Love was a cute little read I really enjoyed! It had two beautiful characters, a few important lessons on taking chances, and to put preconceived judgments about people aside.

Anna did a fantastic job with the two main characters, Eve and Cameron. They were both so likable, had struggles they were working to overcome, and I easily connected with them. Eve's a college student focused on graduation and finding a job--trying to stay distraction free. She comes from a hard
Amy
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-books
This book really felt too short, it could have had at least another hundred pages. Unfortunately it read too rushed, just wish it had have been longer
Kathy Rouchelle
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a perfect little appetizer for this well written story. I love these well written and developing characters. The storyline is entertaining and sweet in that you have the son of a millionaire who acts in no way the way that you would expect him to act. He is confident, great looking and does come from money, that is not who he is. You have the daughter of an addict, working her way through to graduate college, with a cheeky best friend who's family adore her just as one of their own. And the ...more
Tracey
This is part one of three and this is a novella length book that can be read in a couple of hours, and I would advise putting that time aside as the book flows so well you won't want to put it down!

I found very refreshing and dialogue so real, and the way things unfold between these two is sweet and a touch amusing too - it has a sexy side too but we only get a taste of that but the attraction between Cameron and Eve is most definitely felt through the pages - those kisses, made me want to kiss
Crystal Wilke
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Truth About Love is the first book in this series. This is the story of Eve and Cameron. I loved their story and want more of them! I dont want to give anything away. If you need a quick read fix then The Truth About Love is worth reading. I can't wait for Cherry's story.

The Truth About Love (3 books)
  • The Truth About Love Vol:II