Start by marking “Il mio nome è Jamie. Outlander” as Want to Read:
Il mio nome è Jamie. Outlander

Il mio nome è Jamie. Outlander

(Outlander 0.5)

1740: Il giovane Jamie Fraser, orfano di padre ucciso dagli inglesi e a sua volta ferito, ha lasciato la Scozia e sta andando in Francia con l'amico Ian Murray per raggiungere un gruppo di mercenari. Entrambi hanno delle ottime ragioni per stare lontani dalla loro patria ed entrambi, nonostante facciano di tutto per rimediare alla situazione, sono ancora vergini. E così, q ...more
Published February 2nd 2017 by Corbaccio (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Il mio nome è Jamie. Outlander, please sign up.
Tracy The author, Diana Gabaldon, has a list of recommended order on her website - I have been a huge Outlander fan for nearly 20 years and would recommend…moreThe author, Diana Gabaldon, has a list of recommended order on her website - I have been a huge Outlander fan for nearly 20 years and would recommend you read them in the order she suggests; everything will make more sense in her order. I read a lot and recommend books to people - but not too many books, they have to be really special for me to feel worthy of recommendation. I not only recommend the Outlander - but I collect copies as I find them (i.e. used books stores, thrift stores, garage sales) but I never give anyone *just* the first book. I always give people the first 2 books - because I think it is the second book (Dragonfly in Amber) that hooks you to the series. Diana is not a mean author, she doesn't really leave cliffhangers that force you to purchase the next book to find out what happens. And, if she does leave a cliff hanger, you can nearly always find out what happened on her website before the next book comes out. I appreciate an author who appreciates me - and no one does it better. So if you *do* start the series, please read at least two books - you won't be sorry!(less)
Missy I just got the hardcover in the mail a few days ago, the story itself is 126 pages, the rest is a note from the Author and the first few chapters of…moreI just got the hardcover in the mail a few days ago, the story itself is 126 pages, the rest is a note from the Author and the first few chapters of 'Outlander'(less)

Jaidee
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: damsels in distress who like blue stilton
Shelves: two-stars-books
2 "a wee bit charming, a middling amount of cringing and eye-rolling and a whole lot of CHEEZ" stars !!!

Second Most Fun Review Written in 2018 Award

For a good number of years I had considered reading Outlander. A romance, an adventure and men in kilts ! Nice ! Yes I was warned by my gal pals who love this series to stay away !

So I perused and I found this little prequel and at 86 pages I could get a little taste and see if I wanted to take this much loved series further. Welll.....

I think I
Alex
Virgins is a short novel, about one adventure after Jamie escapes the clutches of Randall and is forbidden to return home.

This is my first Audible, and I am very proud that I finished it. I didn't think I would, because I easily get distracted. I bought an Audible because I am trying (not very successfully) to work out again. I have been too lazy, too long, and I thought reading a book could motivate me to work out. Another book off my endless TBR list. The main reason I am unsuccessful is due
Cathrine ☯️
A quick and fun novella to get Outlander fans through extreme periods of droughtlander.
Without prior book/character experience I don't think it would hold much interest for newbies.
Also, Jamie apart from Claire is not as compelling as their adventures together.
Pour yourself some scotch or “claret” and enjoy in one sitting, but beware of Claire-hangover.
Jill
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

A tale of two virgins....

Jamie (aka Diego) and Ian (aka Juan) are the titular virgins.

The story begins in October, 1740 near Bordeaux, France. Jamie has just arrived from Scotland, delivered by Murtagh, instructing him to stay and not return to Scotland. To earn their way, Jamie and Ian work as mercenaries, protecting and delivering goods and people safely to destinations for payment.

Diana Gabaldon has done a great job of the characterisations of Jamie and Ian as young men. Interesting to note
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
Short little story featuring Jamie and Ian. It gave a little bit of perspective on events that happened before Outlander.
Nenia Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

So, after reading book one but before reading book two, I thought it might ease my heart to read a tale about young!Jamie when he was still just a teenager (nineteen, I believe). Freshly escaped from his brutal fate at the flogging post and banned from his homeland of Lallybroch, Jamie and his best pal Ian wander around in France with a group of bawdy, rapacious mercenaries. They end up coming into the acquaintance of a Jewish doctor named
Marianne
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Virgins is a prequel novella in the popular Outlander series by American author, Diana Gabaldon. It is October, 1740, and as a wanted man in Scotland, young Jamie Fraser goes to France to join a band of mercenaries that includes his good friend, Ian Murray. Jamie’s knowledge of Hebrew has them included in an assignment to take a young Jewish woman from her home in Bordeaux to her prospective husband in Paris. But the trip does not go according to plan, and Jamie sees the young, innocent-looking ...more
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Full review and details on The Bent Bookworm!*~

"The Virgins" felt short-story in length to me, though I think it’s actually classified as a novella. I read it in less than an hour though, so…maybe I just read fast? The hardcover addition available from The Book Depository is 256 pages…which I don’t understand since my e-book version was only 86 pages! HUGE difference there and I feel slightly cheated, but it doesn’t seem that there’s actually a difference in content. HOW.

Feels :

I was so happy
Melodie
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A prequel novella to Outlander, the story opens in 1740 with Jamie joining a band of mercenaries in France with his friend Ian Murray. He survived the vicious flogging by Black Jack Randall and the death of his father. Warned to stay away from his homeland he is ripe for an adventure.
Trouble finds young Jamie without effort. And as usual it comes in the form of a beautiful young woman. Both virgins, Ian and Jamie speculate and dip their toes in the pool of sexuality. And not surprising, events
Sally ☀️
This is a pleasant enough novella about Jamie and Ian before the events of Outlander. Jamie has recently been flogged and shipped off to France by Murtagh and told not to return to Scotland and Ian still has his leg. Jamie is one of my favourite fictional characters EVER so I had to pick this up, and I love Ian too. Jamie didn't quite have the same magic he does in the big books but it wasn't completely gone and I did enjoy the little insights to their beliefs and their relationships and them ju ...more
Teresa
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I have been perfectly happy with the fantasy element in the Outlander books I've read so far. Even the little sketch of Claire meeting Nessie did not made me raise my brows in the least. I just found it amusing.

Voyager was peppered with highly improbable events too readily explained as coincidence that still did not bothered me too much, and I managed rather easily to put my misgivings away to the point that they certainly did not interfere with my enjoyment of the book as a whole too much, so
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser, where have you been this whole time?

Gail - Slitty
Pre-Claire Jamie isn't nearly as colorful as post-Claire Jamie

This novella picked up after Jamie's stay at Wentworth prison and the death of his father. He is recovering from the floggings by Black Jack Randall, and cannot return to his home, so he joins his pal Ian for an adventure. This novella was filled with historical information about
Jewish practices and history during the 18th century, but the journey itself was drab and very gray to me. Pre-Claire Jamie is not nearly as interesting and
Ronja
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok as a kindle edition for 0,99 €. If I had paid 11 € for the book I would have been angry. It's nice for Janie-and-Claire-fans, of course, but I wouldn't even call it a novella and it's not terribly good. I can't really recommend it.
Kathy (My Nook Books and More)
A quick story to satisfy my Jamie obsession during droughtlander. This short story made me love Jamie and Ian more.
Virgins is only a short novella so I'm going to keep my review pretty short too. Set before Jamie and Claire meet this story sees Jamie travel to France to meet up with his best friend Ian. Jamie is recovering from serious injuries and can't return home for his own safety so he joins the mercenary band that Ian has been working alongside.

I don't really want to say much more than that so you'll just have to read the story for yourself if you're interested. I did really like the friendship between
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Quick novella with lots of Jewish characters. Some tough scenes. More to come.
Wilja
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just boring.
Anna
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars Was excited to be getting some back story to Jamie and Ian's lives, but very disappointed when I got halfway through the book and it was finished - the second half of the book was just the first chapters of my much-loved Cross Stitch (Outlander). Not enough character development, not enough story, not happy.
Books.Paper.Mania
One can never get enough of Jamie Fraser. There will never be enough books of him.

I will always buy and get whatever related to Jamie Fraser or the Outlander series. I'm just addicted and extremely LOYAL <3

In this book or prequel novella we get to know what happened to Jamie after he was flogged by Jack Randall and how did spend his life in Paris fleeing from his home town and seeking an adventure with his friend Ian Murray.

"Jamie gave an irritable twitch, then stiffened as he felt one of the
Jena
It . . has Jamie in it.
So . . . five stars. :-)
Amy Norris
This was just OK for me. It’s nice to be in the Outlander world but the story itself was pretty average.
Erin Stevenson
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diana Gabaldon's talent with her characters is a commendation to her skill as a writer. This story is set before Cross Stitch (Or Outlander as it is more commonly known as these days), and follows a young Jamie and Ian in France. It was fascinating to see Jamie so young and, dare I say it, naive. The development of her characters throughout her novels are simply amazing and a large reason why I love these books as much as I do. I will never tired of reading these stories.
Renee
May 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was very excited to read this book as I love the Outlander series and cannot wait for the next book. I was extremely disappointed in this short story. The story seemed very random and did not have much of a point. I found myself distracted while reading which is unusual with this author.
Stephanie Bain
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was so nice to get into the world pre claire and see ian and jamie be well ian and jamie :)
Natalia
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Virgins is a prequel to Outlander starring Jamie Fraser and Ian Murray. After Jamie faced a brutal whipping from British officer and nemesis Black Jack Randall, he went to France in search of his friend Ian Murray...

It was a strong, fascinating story about Jamie before Claire. This story is worth a read from fans of the Outlander series as well people looking for a good story. Maybe I'd like this story to be longer, but still I enjoyed it a lot!

4.3 stars!
Bárbara
I feel so bad, but I just couldn't care for this one. I guess I'm still too hung up on LJG that not even Jamie and Ian's epic friendship can get me out of this funk. Oh well...
Vikki Vaught
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome. Loved seeing Ian and Jamie as young men. Great adventure for them. The narrator is very good. Happy reading/listening!
Cecilia
It was so much fun to read about young Jamie and Ian. But it was several times when I just thought "Claire should be here!" - I really missed her, although I like the novel just fine on its own.
Kristina
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-goal-105
I didn't realize that this was the same story that was told in The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel, just in story format. I liked this novella a tad better than the graphic novel though (which I gave 3 stars to here)

With no Claire it almost doesn't feel like an Outlander novel, but it is an interesting look at Jamie and Ian's relationship before Claire came into Jamie's life and before Ian married Jenny.
Books & Coffee Bo...: Virgins (Outlander #0.5) 2 6 Apr 14, 2019 04:00AM
Around the Year i...: Virgins: An Outlander Novella, by Diana Gabaldon 1 27 Apr 08, 2016 05:26AM

• The Widow Vanishes (Heart of Enquiry, #0.5)
  • Kiss Across Swords (Kiss Across Time #2)
  • The Endless Forest (Wilderness, #6)
  • The Making of Outlander: The Official Guide to Seasons 1 & 2
  • A Very Proper Monster (Elemental World, #3.5)
  • A Conall Christmas (Morna's Legacy, #2.5)
  • Behind the Plaid (Highland Bound, #1)
  • Dawning Ascent (The Pearson Prophecy #1)
  • The Pretty Little Box
  • Lady of the Glen: A Novel of 17th-Century Scotland and the Massacre of Glencoe
  • The MacKlenna Family Legacy Books (Boxed Set Collection)
  • Sailor Moon the Novels: A Scout Is Born (Mixx Readz, 1)
  • The Spring of the Ram (The House of Niccolo, #2)
  • Lucky Number Six (The Fortune Cookies Chronicles #1)
  • Kept by the Beast
  • Mechanical Hearts (Skeleton Key)
  • Sensual Danger (Venice Vampyr, #4)
  • A Darcy Christmas
Diana Jean Gabaldon Watkins grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona and is of Mexican-American and English descent. She has earned three degrees: a B.S. in Zoology, a M.S. in Marine Biology, and a Ph.D in Ecology.

She currently lives in Scottsdale, Arizona .

Outlander (9 books)
  • Outlander (Outlander, #1)
  • Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2)
  • Voyager (Outlander, #3)
  • Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4)
  • The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5)
  • A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6)
  • An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)
  • Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)
  • Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone (Outlander, #9)
“Did ye not mean to go to Confession yourself?” Jamie asked, stopping near the church’s main door. There was a priest in the confessional; two or three people stood a discreet distance away from the carved wooden stall, out of earshot, waiting. “It’ll bide,” Ian said, with a shrug. “If ye’re goin’ to hell, I might as well go, too. God knows, ye’ll never manage alone.” Jamie” 0 likes
“What’s that you two were shouting at each other?” He put his hands to his mouth and hooted, “GOOOOOON!” in a deep, echoing voice that made the others laugh. “Have ye never heard a war cry before?” Jamie asked, shaking his head at such ignorance. “Ye shout it in battle, to call your kin and your clan to your side.” 0 likes