Start by marking “Il mio nome è Jamie. Outlander” as Want to Read:
Il mio nome è Jamie. Outlander

Il mio nome è Jamie. Outlander

(Outlander 0.5)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  9,120 Ratings  ·  626 Reviews
1740: Il giovane Jamie Fraser, orfano di padre ucciso dagli inglesi e a sua volta ferito, ha lasciato la Scozia e sta andando in Francia con l'amico Ian Murray per raggiungere un gruppo di mercenari. Entrambi hanno delle ottime ragioni per stare lontani dalla loro patria ed entrambi, nonostante facciano di tutto per rimediare alla situazione, sono ancora vergini. E così, q ...more
Published February 2nd 2017 by Corbaccio (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Il mio nome è Jamie. Outlander, please sign up.
Tracy The author, Diana Gabaldon, has a list of recommended order on her website - I have been a huge Outlander fan for nearly 20 years and would recommend…moreThe author, Diana Gabaldon, has a list of recommended order on her website - I have been a huge Outlander fan for nearly 20 years and would recommend you read them in the order she suggests; everything will make more sense in her order. I read a lot and recommend books to people - but not too many books, they have to be really special for me to feel worthy of recommendation. I not only recommend the Outlander - but I collect copies as I find them (i.e. used books stores, thrift stores, garage sales) but I never give anyone *just* the first book. I always give people the first 2 books - because I think it is the second book (Dragonfly in Amber) that hooks you to the series. Diana is not a mean author, she doesn't really leave cliffhangers that force you to purchase the next book to find out what happens. And, if she does leave a cliff hanger, you can nearly always find out what happened on her website before the next book comes out. I appreciate an author who appreciates me - and no one does it better. So if you *do* start the series, please read at least two books - you won't be sorry!(less)
Missy I just got the hardcover in the mail a few days ago, the story itself is 126 pages, the rest is a note from the Author and the first few chapters of…moreI just got the hardcover in the mail a few days ago, the story itself is 126 pages, the rest is a note from the Author and the first few chapters of 'Outlander'(less)

Cathrine ☯️
A quick and fun novella to get Outlander fans through extreme periods of droughtlander.
Without prior book/character experience I don't think it would hold much interest for newbies.
Also, Jamie apart from Claire is not as compelling as their adventures together.
Pour yourself some scotch or “claret” and enjoy in one sitting, but beware of Claire-hangover.
Alex Farrand
Virgins is a short novel, about one adventure after Jamie escapes the clutches of Randall and is forbidden to return home.

This is my first Audible, and I am very proud that I finished it. I didn't think I would, because I easily get distracted. I bought an Audible because I am trying (not very successfully) to work out again. I have been too lazy, too long, and I thought reading a book could motivate me to work out. Another book off my endless TBR list. The main reason I am unsuccessful is due
Jill
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

A tale of two virgins....

Jamie (aka Diego) and Ian (aka Juan) are the titular virgins.

The story begins in October, 1740 near Bordeaux, France. Jamie has just arrived from Scotland, delivered by Murtagh, instructing him to stay and not return to Scotland. To earn their way, Jamie and Ian work as mercenaries, protecting and delivering goods and people safely to destinations for payment.

Diana Gabaldon has done a great job of the characterisations of Jamie and Ian as young men. Interesting to note
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
Short little story featuring Jamie and Ian. It gave a little bit of perspective on events that happened before Outlander.

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

So, after reading book one but before reading book two, I thought it might ease my heart to read a tale about young!Jamie when he was still just a teenager (nineteen, I believe). Freshly escaped from his brutal fate at the flogging post and banned from his homeland of Lallybroch, Jamie and his best pal Ian wander around in France with a group of bawdy, rapacious mercenaries. They end up coming into the acquaintance of a Jewish doctor named
Marianne
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Virgins is a prequel novella in the popular Outlander series by American author, Diana Gabaldon. It is October, 1740, and as a wanted man in Scotland, young Jamie Fraser goes to France to join a band of mercenaries that includes his good friend, Ian Murray. Jamie’s knowledge of Hebrew has them included in an assignment to take a young Jewish woman from her home in Bordeaux to her prospective husband in Paris. But the trip does not go according to plan, and Jamie sees the young, innocent-looking ...more
Lizzy (Bent Bookworm)
~*Full review and details on The Bent Bookworm!*~

"The Virgins" felt short-story in length to me, though I think it’s actually classified as a novella. I read it in less than an hour though, so…maybe I just read fast? The hardcover addition available from The Book Depository is 256 pages…which I don’t understand since my e-book version was only 86 pages! HUGE difference there and I feel slightly cheated, but it doesn’t seem that there’s actually a difference in content. HOW.

Feels :

I was so happy
Melodie
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A prequel novella to Outlander, the story opens in 1740 with Jamie joining a band of mercenaries in France with his friend Ian Murray. He survived the vicious flogging by Black Jack Randall and the death of his father. Warned to stay away from his homeland he is ripe for an adventure.
Trouble finds young Jamie without effort. And as usual it comes in the form of a beautiful young woman. Both virgins, Ian and Jamie speculate and dip their toes in the pool of sexuality. And not surprising, events
Sally ☀️
This is a pleasant enough novella about Jamie and Ian before the events of Outlander. Jamie has recently been flogged and shipped off to France by Murtagh and told not to return to Scotland and Ian still has his leg. Jamie is one of my favourite fictional characters EVER so I had to pick this up, and I love Ian too. Jamie didn't quite have the same magic he does in the big books but it wasn't completely gone and I did enjoy the little insights to their beliefs and their relationships and them ju ...more
Teresa
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I have been perfectly happy with the fantasy element in the Outlander books I've read so far. Even the little sketch of Claire meeting Nessie did not made me raise my brows in the least. I just found it amusing.

Voyager was peppered with highly improbable events too readily explained as coincidence that still did not bothered me too much, and I managed rather easily to put my misgivings away to the point that they certainly did not interfere with my enjoyment of the book as a whole too much, so
Miranda
Las aventuras de Diego(Jaime) y Juan(Ian). No puedo negar que me he reído un rato y eso que no es comedia, pero Jaime sigue siendo Jaime. (bae❤)
Estuvo bien, me gusto conocer más de su amistad con Ian y el amor tan profundo que se tienen y que los a unido en las distintas etapas de sus vidas.
Eso sí, no sé cómo le hizo Diana para que una novela de 96 páginas las sintiera como un libro entero, creo que fue por qué estaba de corrido y parecía que no dejaban de pasar cosas.

PD: Recomiendo profusament
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
James Alexander Malcolm Mackenzie Fraser, where have you been this whole time?

Gail - Slitty
Pre-Claire Jamie isn't nearly as colorful as post-Claire Jamie

This novella picked up after Jamie's stay at Wentworth prison and the death of his father. He is recovering from the floggings by Black Jack Randall, and cannot return to his home, so he joins his pal Ian for an adventure. This novella was filled with historical information about
Jewish practices and history during the 18th century, but the journey itself was drab and very gray to me. Pre-Claire Jamie is not nearly as interesting and
Ronja
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok as a kindle edition for 0,99 €. If I had paid 11 € for the book I would have been angry. It's nice for Janie-and-Claire-fans, of course, but I wouldn't even call it a novella and it's not terribly good. I can't really recommend it.
Kathy (My Nook Books and More)
A quick story to satisfy my Jamie obsession during droughtlander. This short story made me love Jamie and Ian more.
Yukino
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, miei
SERIE OUTLANDER n. O.5

Lettura di gruppo E&L

Dovevo continuare un altro libro..ma ho letto le prime righe e non mi sono più fermata. Il libro ha poche pagine e si legge velocemente. Narra un'avventura di Ian e Jamie in Francia, arrivato qui subito dopo il fattaccio con il capitano Randall...
Carino, simpatico in alcuni punti, e Jamie è sempre Jamie anche se qui è ancora un po' immaturo.
Per i super fan delle serie , che hanno bisogno di sopperire al fatto che la Gabaldon ci sta mettendo un po'
Eline
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leuk boek over Ian en Jamie om tussendoor te lezen. Ik vond de twee personages een beetje te jong naar voor gebracht. Ik hou toch meer van Jamie in de periode waarin hij Claire ontmoet. De andere personages zijn tof, maar niet diepgaand zoals in de andere boeken. Gezien het weinige aantal bladzijden was dit voor de auteur waarschijnlijk moeilijk om verder uit te werken.
Wilja
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just boring.
☠tsukino☠
Anna
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars Was excited to be getting some back story to Jamie and Ian's lives, but very disappointed when I got halfway through the book and it was finished - the second half of the book was just the first chapters of my much-loved Cross Stitch (Outlander). Not enough character development, not enough story, not happy.
Jo
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Para ser precuela no es muy relevante pero entretiene xD
Books.Paper.Mania
One can never get enough of Jamie Fraser. There will never be enough books of him.

I will always buy and get whatever related to Jamie Fraser or the Outlander series. I'm just addicted and extremely LOYAL <3

In this book or prequel novella we get to know what happened to Jamie after he was flogged by Jack Randall and how did spend his life in Paris fleeing from his home town and seeking an adventure with his friend Ian Murray.

"Jamie gave an irritable twitch, then stiffened as he felt one of the
Jena
It . . has Jamie in it.
So . . . five stars. :-)
Lau
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5

Historia (precuela) breve que transcurre al comienzo del exilio de Jamie en Francia, después de la muerte de su padre y por lo tanto del castigo a manos de Jack Randall.
Me gustó ver a Jamie y a Ian tan jovencitos y compartiendo amistad, aventuras y peligro. Y lidiando con las hormonas. No me sorprendería que haya alguna otra historia más en el futuro, ésta en particular me gustó y me sorprendió.
Pobre Jamie, de todos modos, qué personaje sufrido.

“If ye’re goin’ to Hell, I might as well go, t
Erin Stevenson
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diana Gabaldon's talent with her characters is a commendation to her skill as a writer. This story is set before Cross Stitch (Or Outlander as it is more commonly known as these days), and follows a young Jamie and Ian in France. It was fascinating to see Jamie so young and, dare I say it, naive. The development of her characters throughout her novels are simply amazing and a large reason why I love these books as much as I do. I will never tired of reading these stories.
Sonja
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Nadat Jamie door Black Jack Randall werd gegeseld met een zweep, ging hij naar Frankrijk op zoek naar zijn vriend Ian Murray. Ian is bij een groep huurlingen aangesloten die een lading waardevolle tapijten beschermen. Wanneer ze aangevallen worden vechten Ian en Jamie met de rovers en slagen erin het merendeel van hun lading te behouden, op één duur tapijt na.

Om aan geld te komen moeten ze direct opnieuw aan de slag. Hun nieuwe opdrachtgever, een Joodse dokter, verzorgt Jamies wonden alvorens h
Renee
May 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was very excited to read this book as I love the Outlander series and cannot wait for the next book. I was extremely disappointed in this short story. The story seemed very random and did not have much of a point. I found myself distracted while reading which is unusual with this author.
Stephanie Bain
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was so nice to get into the world pre claire and see ian and jamie be well ian and jamie :)
Aires
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jamie Fraser a Claire. Jejich příběh známe z knihy Cizinka. Ale taky vám někdy vrtalo hlavou, co bylo předtím, než Jamie potkal Claire? Jamie toho má za sebou více, než dost. Léta v Paříží, první lásku, vojenskou službu, střet s kapitánem Randallem a v neposlední řadě také jednu celkem bezvýznamnou epizodku, kterou vám představí tato kniha- Panicové.

Těšila jsem se na další setkání s Jamiem, které jsem si v Cizince velmi oblíbila. Bohužel, Panicové jsou jen kraťoučký 90stránkový příběh, zbytek k
Natalia
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Virgins is a prequel to Outlander starring Jamie Fraser and Ian Murray. After Jamie faced a brutal whipping from British officer and nemesis Black Jack Randall, he went to France in search of his friend Ian Murray...

It was a strong, fascinating story about Jamie before Claire. This story is worth a read from fans of the Outlander series as well people looking for a good story. Maybe I'd like this story to be longer, but still I enjoyed it a lot!

4.3 stars!
Around the Year i...: Virgins: An Outlander Novella, by Diana Gabaldon 1 26 Apr 08, 2016 05:26AM
  • Kiss Across Swords (Kiss Across Time #2)
  • A Conall Christmas (Morna's Legacy, #2.5)
  • Wicked Company
  • Penny (Women & War #2)
  • The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs, #2)
  • Good Groom Hunting (Misadventures in Matrimony, #2)
  • Kiss Across Chains (Kiss Across Time #3)
  • Scandal And The Duchess (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6.5)
  • The Endless Forest (Wilderness, #6)
  • Scherzo: Murder and Mystery in 18th Century Venice
  • Behind the Plaid (Highland Bound, #1)
  • Garden of Secrets Past (English Garden Mystery #5)
  • Partners To A Degree
  • Rivals for the Crown (Highland, #2)
  • My Highland Bride (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • The Postcard
  • Sound of the Heart (The MacDonnells, #2)
  • Trade Wind
Diana Jean Gabaldon Watkins grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona and is of Mexican-American and English descent. She has earned three degrees: a B.S. in Zoology, a M.S. in Marine Biology, and a Ph.D in Ecology.

She currently lives in Scottsdale, Arizona .

Outlander (9 books)
  • Outlander (Outlander, #1)
  • Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2)
  • Voyager (Outlander, #3)
  • Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4)
  • The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5)
  • A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6)
  • An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)
  • Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)
  • Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone (Outlander, #9)
“Did ye not mean to go to Confession yourself?” Jamie asked, stopping near the church’s main door. There was a priest in the confessional; two or three people stood a discreet distance away from the carved wooden stall, out of earshot, waiting. “It’ll bide,” Ian said, with a shrug. “If ye’re goin’ to hell, I might as well go, too. God knows, ye’ll never manage alone.” Jamie” 0 likes
“What’s that you two were shouting at each other?” He put his hands to his mouth and hooted, “GOOOOOON!” in a deep, echoing voice that made the others laugh. “Have ye never heard a war cry before?” Jamie asked, shaking his head at such ignorance. “Ye shout it in battle, to call your kin and your clan to your side.” 0 likes