Start by marking “Tempt the Boss (Tempt, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempt the Boss (Tempt, #1)

Tempt the Boss

(Tempt #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  7,413 ratings  ·  1,070 reviews
Lauren
Published March 1st 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

·  7,413 ratings  ·  1,070 reviews

Start your review of Tempt the Boss (Tempt, #1)
Geri Reads
May 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Please don't throw things at me...yet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I tried. I really, really tried. I read this a couple of weeks ago because I read the blurb and saw all the feedback saying, "OMG, this book is hilarious!" That's like waving a red flag in front of a raging bull, the bull being me of course. So I bought this book and started reading. After a few chapters, I stopped because I didn't like a single thing.

But then I looked at all these glowing 5-star reviews again and thought to myself, "Surely, all these pe
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romcoms

➦4 stars for OTT humor lol Do you like romantic comedies? Office and second chance romances? Douchebag bosses who secretly lust over their female PA? ...a little pranking at a workplace, perhaps?

➦Ok! Then this one is for you. The heroine is a divorced mom of two who starts a new job as a PA for Mr. Douche. It's her first job in years and she is determined to succeed. Ez, right?

➦This was my first book by Natasha Madison and I very mu
Corina
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, reviewed
If you haven't read this book yet - you should!!!

And here is your chance.....

Enter below to win a copy of Tempt The Boss

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

OMG – This book was incredible!!

The first half had me laughing so hard and the other half I was busy swooning over Austin. If this wasn’t the perfect combination, I don’t know what is.

Funny story, 3/4 into the book I realized that something sounded very familiar, and lo and behold I read the authors de
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

If you've been looking for a HOT and HILARIOUS new book to fall in love with, then you have to read this book!!! It's about a sassy single mom who started a new job only to find that while her boss was incredibly gorgeous, he was also a complete asshat. Or so it seemed. They got off on waaay the wrong foot and their hate-to-love romance -- not to mention the outrageous pranks they pulled on each other -- almost made me cry with laughter. And when the sexual tensio
Jilly
The award for the best "ride or die" bitch goes to our heroine's sister.
In the preface, our heroine, Lauren, calls her sister to tell her that Lauren's husband has been having an affair. When she pulls into her driveway, this is the scene that awaits her:

..she is there throwing Jake's clothes out of our bedroom window....I don't see Kaleigh come from the side of the house with a gasoline container in her hand. I just see her pouring it all over his clothes. She walks over to me, handing me the packet of mather:
Jen
This was my first read by Natasha Madison and I can tell you that it won’t be my last! This story was absolutely hilarious!!! The antics between Austin and Lauren were impossible not to laugh at!! OMG!! These two were very original with their pranks against one another! I was highly entertained by them! When they finally raised their surrender flags, and gave in to their attraction, things began to heat up very quickly!

I highly recommend this book when you need a great laugh and also
Sabrina
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
BUY LINKS:
Amazon * B&N * Kobo

This was my first read from Natasha Madison and I'm pretty much slapping myself for not reading her words sooner. I loved watching Lauren and Austin battle it out in the office and it was actually a lot more amusing than I was thinking it would be. At the start I had a little bit of a hard time getting into the story but then once Lauren raged war on Austin with pranks I was captivated.

I loved their fun and
Dee Montoya
FIVE IRRESISTIBLE STARS *****

If you love rom-coms and office romances, look no further, THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!!!

Full of lust and great humor , this book was just perfect for me. Lauren and Austin tortured each other throughout the work day, in both good and very bad ways, and ucky for us we go along for the delicious ride. Tempting the boss has never felt soooo good.

photo 3D69E077-59ED-481D-9934-29768627DF20_zpslcjj0up1.jpg

Lauren married her college sweetheart and they had two beautiful children. She stopped working and became a mother and a housewife. She though
Alex ♈
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: strong-heroine, safe

I liked the beginning and the last 25-30%.

Absolutely loved how the heroine handled her cheating husband!
The idea with burn his clothes was great! :-)

The story itself was ok, partly funny, partly very funny; some things the MCs done were a bit too much/odd for mine liking, but since it was fiction and not a real working environment it was ok I guess.

The scene with OW (who came in trench coat to H’s office) didn’t make any sense to me, but
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
I bust a gut laughing at this romantic comedy. The hijinks and shenanigans are off the charts funny! This book is the perfect mix of funny and sexy! I thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it!

This is only my 2nd read from Natasha Madison. I really enjoy her mix of high-handed alpha-hole male leads and spunky, take no crap heroines. I'm looking forward to reading many more books from this author!

Audiobook Review: The narration was perfectly sufficient. The narrator did a good job capturing the tone and ti
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳A story filled with war and anger that transforms to passion and lust that both Austen and Lauren portray to the audience in a way that makes you want to keep reading what is coming up next after every page…

➳After finding out that her husband has been cheating on her for a while now with their kid’s elementary school teacher, Lauren decides to change her life to a complete turn. Being a-stay-a-home mother, Lauren had to only deal with taking care of her husband’s needs and make sure the kids need
Snow

funny moments and little sexy steamy ones too...

this book has delivered...

I was laughing so hard throughout the book, then I watched a transformation from a hardcore bachelor/workaholic into a man that knows his whole universe has changed and wholeheartedly enriched by this special person as they embark on yet another adventure called life.
Ever since she came into my life, ilife.
♡Tonya♡
IT'S LIVE!

**ARC RECEIVED IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

It's not often that I read a book that runs me through multiple emotions.  I felt-
~sadness for the heroine- (because of her ex's actions)
~anger on her behalf -at her humiliation at his betrayl
~irritation at the hero (and the heroine a time or two)
~I laughed out loud and I was happy when they finally got it together

The first half of the book was just the two of them going at each other wit
Michelle
Funny sexy and just brilliant.

This book was just brilliant. I laughed al the way through this book. This isnt the normal CEO and PA fall in luv story they actually can't stand each other at first. The way they met was why they couldnt stand each other and then they end up working together Lauren things life couldn't get any worst. Austin felt the same way but he thought she was sexy as hell and she thought the same as him. But Lauren as been hur
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
The good: I finished it and the first sex scene was hot.
The bad: I found the couple a bit immature with the pranks, it went downhill towards the end and Noah's disclosure for the next book (I assume?) O.O!!! Not acceptable!

Maria...
4 Stars

This book was really hilarious and I laughed so damn much!

She's the drug and I'm the addict. I've never wanted someone so much in my life.

Austin and Lauren were amazing and so funny and a bit immature for their age, but who cares the book was really good and funny and captured my attention since the beginning. I read it in one sit and I enjoyed every second of it.

Besides the main characters I really enjoyed every one else as well. They were one crazy gang of people who had n/>She's
AJ
I FREAKING LOVE THIS BOOK!!

5 stars!

An enemies-to-lovers story, this book is smart and sexy with fantastic banter and a heap of snark, and it’s absolutely hilarious! I haven’t laughed this hard while reading in such a long time, I had tears streaming down my face! So much fun! And the love story is sweet and emotional, making this a really well-rounded read that I could not put down. A definite favourite, I loved it!

Lauren’s picture-perfect life fell apart when she learned that her husband was cheating on her. Now
Dilek VT
What can I say? This was one hell of an entertaining book! Solid 4 stars :)

It was so hilarious and so much fun that my face is now aching because of the constant smile and LMAO moments...

It was also steamy hot with a little bit of kink in it ...

He doesn't go all Christian Grey but he does a little bit of that stuff :) Hot hot hot
Michelle
3.5 Stars
Loved the beginning of this book! Enemies to lovers is my thing! The pranks these two pulled on each other had me dying laughing!! But sadly after they finally got together the book became just ok for me. I'm sad to say I skimmed all the sex scenes. Loved how great Austin was with her kids. Loved how Lauren handled her douchebag cheating ex! Loved Lauren's sister and Austins best friend!

If you're in the mood for childish pranks between a PA and her boss this book is for you! Get
Kiki
I would recommend you check out Alex's review:

For me: 3.5 Stars

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

Lauren is the true hero of this book. She is a strong woman. Period.

It took me a while to Warm up to Austin. He really WAS a weak hero. He DID intend to sleep with OW, on the other side of the door while Lauren was there. She was sitting on his LAP, kills the buzz and DOES leave a bad taste in your mouth. Well he went nowhere near the thought of sex once the OW w
Ann Lou
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Really enjoyed the first half this book. Their antics were funny even if sometimes a bit silly. But I still found myself in stiches especially the itchy powder. It was classic.

The h's sister Kaleigh, I truly love. She's loyal and funny. She's epic. The bomb Noah dropped about him getting a divorce, really wonder about that.

I was a wee bit disappointed with the h because one day she was adamant about not quitting her job for the H and next she made arrangements for her replacement. hmmmm... ...more
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️
3.75 stars.

This! This is what I'm talking about!

Oh Dear God in Heaven, this was hilarious! I only wish it wasn't the middle of the night so I could howl with laughter real loud and not get cursed or exorcised. xD

You have to read this you guys! Even if you like different things just read it for the humour cause I'm still recovering and fast becoming addicted to Natasha Madison's crazy ass characters and story!
Shayna
I've just recently discovered Natasha Madison's work and I've been so impressed so far, but her latest release, TEMPT THE BOSS, was one of the FUNNIEST romantic comedies I've read in a very long time! People, we are talking laugh out loud, fall on your ass, tears in your eyes, spit-take worthy romantic comedy here. The banter is EVERYTHING in this story. The sexy and hilarious shenanigans are EVERYTHING in this story. The minute I read the very last page, I wanted to experience the hilarity ALL ...more
nicklein
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hilarious, fun and enjoyable read. Me likey.
Miss H
Warning: this review is likely to contain spoilers.

Another one bites the dust.

I think Tempt the Boss had some good intentions, especially in regard to rom-com. But, ultimately, very little of it worked for me. It had potential, but, on the whole, it was executed so poorly as to render it unbelievable—in an utterly preposterous way. The book tried too hard to be funny, which ended up having the opposite effect and, in turn, lost its appeal. Charmed, I was not.

Warning: this review is likely to contain spoilers.

Another one bites the dust.

Lauren Harrison, of indeterminate age, is starting her first day at a new job after having spent the last ten years being a stay-at-home mom. Her friend, who runs her own HR firm specializing in placing temps, got her a job as a PA at Mackenzie Jacob Associates, owned by one Austin Mackenzie.

While in route, Lauren gets in a fender-bender with another vehicle. The fancy car behind her rear-ends her van, though very little damage is done. The driver of the car behind her is more upset than she is and accuses her of being drunk, to which she counters by accusing him of texting while driving. The two exchange snarky comments, but being in a hurry, they both decide not to involve the cops, opting instead to swap phone numbers for insurance purposes before going their separate ways.

Lauren, of course, is late to work, but it’s cool, because, as she’s informed, her new boss was late in getting to the office as well. After filling out the required paperwork, Lauren is introduced to the man in charge, and low and behold there he is, Mr. Fender-Bender himself, a.k.a Austin Mackenzie.

Austin, also of indeterminate age, is surprised to see the supposed drunk woman waltz into his office, and immediately accuses her of stalking him. Outraged, Lauren quits on the spot. Barbara, Austin’s childhood nanny and current head of HR, is appalled to learn that her precious Austin not only hit Lauren’s car, but accused her of being drunk. She raised him better than this, she rants, demanding that he apologize right this second.

Whining in a tone that sounds more at home coming from a child, and all but sticking his tongue out, Austin tells his side of the story. Because why the hell not? He accuses Lauren of braking suddenly for no reason, so it’s totally all her fault that he crashed into her van because, according to him, there wasn’t even anyone in front of her at the time.

Nanny McBarbara is not amused, so bratty Austin sort of apologizes: “I’m sorry I accused you of being drunk. I should have just called you what you are—a reckless, clueless female driver.”

As one would imagine, this sentiment doesn't go over well, resulting in Barbara's immediate resignation. This shocks Lauren so much that she offers to stay—temporarily, that is, if only Barbara won’t quit. Austin has already gone through ten assistants in the last month alone, and poor Barbara has been desperate to fill the position, so she readily agrees to stay on now that Lauren has agreed not to quit. And just like that, Barbara and Lauren become fast friends.

From that moment on, Austin and Lauren don't even try to act like professional adults. He pulls her pigtails and she pushes him in the mud. I kid, I kid. Sort of. He rearranges her alphabetized Post-its. She spent all day working on those, damn it, and retaliates by lacing his drink with a laxative. And on and on it goes.

And this is where the story lost me. I just couldn’t reconcile the fact that a newly divorced, single mom with two young kids to support would stoop so low as to pull petty, childish pranks just days after being hired at her new place of employment.

I mean, come on. Who in their right mind would put laxatives in their boss’s drink? Or itching powder—of which he developed a severe allergic reaction—on the crotch of her boss’s dry-cleaned suit pants?

Being newly divorced, one has to assume that Lauren actually needed this job. Why else would she be going back to work after ten years? I understand that this is fiction, but I can only suspend my disbelief so far. I’m all for harmless pranks and back-and-forth banter, but there is still such a thing as professionalism. I know it was meant to be funny, but had this been real life, Austin not only would’ve fired her, but he also would've likely filed criminal charges as well. And he would’ve been justified in doing so.

We were told many times throughout the book that Lauren was the best PA to ever have graced the universe, more or less. But her actions didn’t reflect that notion. She was unprofessional to such a degree that she should’ve been fired on the spot on more than one occasion. Austin, on the other hand, was an immature boss from hell, so maybe these two idiots were meant to be. But I certainly didn't enjoy the journey to their happily-ever-after.

The characters were one-dimensional, unrealistic, and inconsistent. Take Austin, for example. The blurb leads one to believe that he’s this arrogant, cocky alpha male, when in all actuality, that couldn’t be further from the truth. He was almost childlike in nature, whiny tantrums and all. Even the side characters lacked substance. They were nothing more than annoying background noise—over-the-top caricatures of themselves. I just didn’t warm to Austin and Lauren, neither individually or even as a couple.

The writing style left a lot to be desired. It was pedestrian and off-putting at times, to be honest. The book just wasn't well-written. Reading dual points of view of the same exact scene, right down to identical dialogue, was redundant and highlighted a lack of know-how.

The pacing was problematic. At the halfway point, the characters still hadn’t managed to get together in an official capacity, and barely even qualified as friends. When they finally did together, it was more to scratch an itch and satisfy their mutual lust. They’d move forward, lull us into believing that they were finally going somewhere, only to regress and find something else to fight about.

The book also focused too much on details that had no bearing on the actual story itself. I’m talking long-winded sentences spent describing every minute detail of the heroine’s numerous outfits from head to toe. The constant brand dropping was an irritant I could’ve done without.

All in all, I wasn’t all that impressed with this one. There wasn't much to the plot, the characters lacked depth, and I found the romance so unsatisfying as to barely even quality as romance.

If you're looking for a well-written office romance with a good enemies-to-lovers plot, I highly recommend The Hating Game by Sally Thorne.
Syndi
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny. Hilarious. Especially the first 50%. Oh my all those pranks are just hilarious. Good thing I read it in private place so I don't have to snort out loud. It is also a sweet story. I really like Austin. He is sweet and loving alpha male. I want more of his POV actually. And it is right ladies. A man who is not afraid on doing household chores is very sexy.

The things that I found lacking is the layer and depth of the story. On some part of the book the story is bit flat. I wish the ending c
Coco.V
Mar 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/21/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Lauren
Going back to work was supposed to be a painless transition, but when my new boss turns out to be an arrogant, cocky jerk, he quickly turns my professional life into a world of torture. Okay, fine, calling him an asshat before knowing he was my boss wasn't my finest moment. Hating him should be easy. I just never counted on him being so gorgeous or charming when he's not annoying me.

Austin
I expected my new
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
A witty Love/Hate Office Romance.

Really enjoyed this sweet read, a good handful of wit made it a 4 star. I loved the side characters and the heroine's confidence was a good change of pace. There's pranks and a silly boss type hero instead of the kind you expect in a book like this.

Worth a read.
Chan
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funniest office love/hate book I’ve read thus far
description/

Writing: SARCASM GOLDMINE! I gobbled Natasha Maddison’s writing style up! Sarcasm everywhere. Awesome!

I was not a fan of the repeating scenes when it switched POVs. 1st Person Narration.

Characters: MC’s are Austin and Lauren. They were fun, playful characters. I want Matthew’s story - he was a serious OTT Alpha! Kayleigh, Lauren’s sister was a lot of fun too.

Storyline: Lauren’s life takes a majNarration.
:class="gr-hostedUserImg">
More books like this! 2 24 Aug 08, 2018 09:57AM

• Hot Stuff
  • Beautiful Mistake
  • The Coppersmith Farmhouse (Jamison Valley, #1)
  • Mister Moneybags
  • Shacking Up (Shacking Up, #1)
  • La torta di Natale
  • Jingle bell rock
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Mister Romance (Masters of Love, #1)
  • Piccoli imprevisti di Natale
  • Ho sposato un maschilista
  • The Clover Chapel (Jamison Valley, #2)
  • Di fuoco e d'ambra
  • Nemici
  • Dear Bridget, I Want You
  • Imperfetti sconosciuti
  • The Billionaire Boss Next Door
  • Two Weeks Notice
When her nose isn't buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she's in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It's a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn't listen to her...

Tempt (3 books)
  • Tempt the Playboy (Tempt, #2)
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
“I want you … Only you. You drive me absolutely fucking crazy, and you keep me on my fucking toes. You make me want everything, and I’ve never wanted everything. I’ve only wanted me. Now, I want you and everything that comes with you.” 4 likes
“I shouldn’t use the word ‘car’, because this isn’t a car, it’s a minivan. A big, safe, screams it’s-for-a-family vehicle. I obviously got this in the divorce settlement, while he drives around in his new Mercedes, which is not for families. It’s for cheating bastards who only get their kids every other weekend and once during the week. Making” 3 likes