Start by marking “Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris” as Want to Read:
Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris

Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris

Murder is afoot in the Southwest, again.
Muriel Jennings, elderly mother and owner of the successful Jennings Clay Company, has met a premature end; survived only by her children and business partners Stella and Mark. James, Katie and Fiona Sinclair, at Moorland Forensic Consultants, have been tasked with assisting the investigation.
After attending a meeting at Muriel's
Published January 31st 2017 by Austin Macauley Publishers

Start your review of Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris
Miriam Smith
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-macauley
I was pleasantly surprised at just how good "Moorland Forensics - Bound by Polaris" was, and how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
Muriel Jennings, elderly mother and owner of the very successful Jennings Clay Co., has been murdered. She is survived by her children and business partners Stella and Mark Jennings. Can Moorland Forensic Consultants help solve this mysterious and baffling crime. Can a book "The Sinner's Daughter" based on a Dartmoor serial killer from 15 years ago hold all the
Susan Krich
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very enjoyable book.
As I started the second chapter, I was reminded of "Rosewood" a TV show that I used to watch every week.
It is not the same but the forensics lab and some characters are reminiscent of it. Sometimes this can cause a comparison that is unfair but the book did not disappoint me at all.
The story line is interesting and moves right along.
I liked the twists, turns and surprises along the way and at the end.
Bev Ward
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be one of the very best books I have ever read, I read the whole thing in 3 days, I couldn't put it down, every spare minute I had I was reading it.

The writer has the most amazing ability to take you to every site - you literally feel part of the various investigations.

I loved the descriptions of the characters right down to their cars and the trusty old Land Rover !

I have tried very hard to be sure I dont add any spoilers - but I truly loved this book and thoroughly recommend it
Mark Richardson
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a brilliant book. The author has done a lot of research and I love the sub-plots along the way. My wife and I have spent a lot of time in Devon and loved reading about this beautiful part of the world. I highly recommend this book as an enjoyable murder/mystery novel.
Ann
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Good central plot and I liked the forensic consultants orientation. However it was let down by the characterisation and writing style. There were cliches, predictable/exaggerated characters, poor expression & punctuation, and detailed medical/forensic/equipment lists that all created a feeling of ticking required boxes rather than bringing a good plot to life with drama, action and fascinating people. Also not sure about the meaning of the title - although the Pole Star (currently Polaris) ...more
Cel Jel
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
For an Australian reading this book I found the fact that the forensic scientists were involved in the investigation was unusual. Being involved in the forensics at crime scenes and making suggestions as to what happens seems to be all that is completed in Australia. This though is set in Devon and the members of the family forensic science business become involved in solving the crime. I enjoyed the twists and turns, and the final reveal.
Chris Turnbull
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great murder mystery right to the end, not scary, just puzzling. A few spelling mistakes and I'm not sure it is possible to see Haytor and Salcombe at the same time, but not a big problem! Lovely to read about my favourite place
Carole
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievable and not in a good way.

I am 52% of the way through this book and struggling. The 2 stars are for recognisable locations. I live in Plymouth, so being able to visualise locations is lovely.

HOWEVER and it's a huge HOWEVER, the plot is ridiculously unbelievable. Since when would forensic investigation companies would be allowed to conduct the investigation, interview suspects etc, etc, etc, path than the Police? Never, Nada, etc.
Linda
May 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Far too much unnecessary detail, not content with saying it once, it was repeated or enlarged upon - you almost expect to sit a test afterwards. Until I read the bio and discovered the author was a nurse I was sure she was a teacher, such a shame as it was good to read a locally set story.
Fiona
Feb 22, 2017
christine bruce
rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2018

• Stone Circle
  • The Heart of the Ritz
  • Trust Me, I'm Dead
  • Damascus
  • The Long Call (Two Rivers, #1)
  • The Land Beyond the Sea
  • The Book of Dreams
  • Elevator Pitch
  • Yellow Notebook: Diaries Volume I 1978–1986
  • For the Love of Old Bones: and Other Stories
  • The French Photographer
  • The Yield
  • There Was Still Love
  • The Sanctuary Murders (Matthew Bartholomew, #24)
  • Guilty Not Guilty
  • The Hypnotist (Joona Linna, #1)
  • Made In Scotland: My Grand Adventures in a Wee Country