Start by marking “Making It Complicated (I Heart Iloilo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Making It Complicated (I Heart Iloilo, #2)

Making It Complicated (I Heart Iloilo #2)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
No promises. No expectations. Just one night on a paradise island that could mean everything.

Nineteen-year-old Cam has a metric ton of emotional baggage and is in no mood to unload them on anyone. After her parents' marriage imploded, stress-free is the only way she wants her life to be. And what could be more freeing than spending the summer on Boracay? Absolutely nothing
Published October 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Making It Complicated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making It Complicated

kb
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just want to say first that this book and I share the same birthday, and that it was the extra icing on top of my cake! Will post review later on~
Cookie
{you can also read this review on my blog}
---
I adore Clarisse David and her writing. Her romances are always amazing, as well as the other issues her main characters tend to have. With fun characters and engaging stories, it's easy to fall in love with her books.

Cam's story was one I was super excited to read about. I loved Cam from Keeping the Distance because I could highly relate to her. Hunter, in the scenes he was in, was super cute and kind, too, so to see them get together? It was the bes
Natalie
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's just something about these romance class band boys i sweaaaar. loved it. now i need book 3 (Jace will it be youuu???) and i need all the other boys of The Integers band to have a story, especially Cal.

i loved Cam's relationship with the guys!

Kristy Mauna
I absolutely loveeed Making it Complicated - an amazing coming-of-age story full of my three favorite things: family, friendships, and love!!

"Show me."
"What?" My eyes snapped back to his.
"Tonight. Show me how nice you can be," Hunter said, his easy smile belying the weight of his words, the dimple on his cheek a warning sign he was trouble.

This is the second book in the I Heart Iloilo series by Clarisse David, so if you've read Keeping the Distance (if you haven't then you should) then you'll
Lisa
Also on Romances Ever After.

It's a shame that as I get older I find myself unable to read and enjoy books in the YA and NA genres, simply because the characters are some ten years younger than me, so I have little patience for teenage angst. Fortunately, Making It Complicated was a smooth ride for me. It felt very short and I probably would have finished it in one sitting if school didn't get in the way (boo, school).

What I love most about Making It Complicated is how sweet the whole story is,
Inah (The Bibliophile Confessions)
3.5 maybe? Might still change. Totally different from Keeping The Distance which was great, while also incorporating elements from KTD.

Main issue was I didn't connect with Cam as much. But this book was overall enjoyable! Hi Eddie!
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
SO GOOOOOOD. This was such a guilty pleasure read. It was short but sweet. I love all the new characters especially Cal so yep I'm waiting for his story. Full review to follow.
Shealea
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review to follow!
Samantha Louise Borbe
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a couple of weeks since I received the ARC of Clarisse David’s new novel Making It Complicated. She gave it to me in exchange of an honest review and here it is:

Making It Complicated is the 2nd installment of the I Heart Ilo-Ilo series and it revolved around Cam and Hunter, Melissa’s (from Keeping The Distance) best friend and childhood sweetheart. I’ve been waiting for this since I finished the first book. I had a crush on Hunter ever since I encountered his character in KTD. Well for
Bookablereads Reviews
First of all, I would like to say thank you to the author, Clarisse, for sending me an eARC  copy in exchange for an honest review. And this will not affect my thoughts or opinion about the book in any way.

To be honest, I never got the chance to read the first installment which is the story of Mel, bestfriend of Cam. But regardless of not having a chance to read it I still enjoy and understand the story as the second installment is about Cam. This is also my first time to read a book that is wr
Shaine
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I volunteer to give honest review. The digital copy was provided by the author. Thank you, Clarisse David.

I had to apologize for taking it so long to finish it and to post my review because I had moments that I don’t feel like reading or doing anything. But I assure you that this book is wonderful.

Before I start reading Making It Complicated, I made sure that I’ve read the first book in the series which is Keeping the Distance. I enjoyed the first book so much that I did not hesitate to start th
Miel Salva
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clarisse David now goes to my auto-buy authors. I love how she promotes Iloilo in her works. I believe DOT should tie-up with #romanceclass authors for this. And as someone who’s never been to Iloilo, I’m already itching to take the trip.

What are the things I loved about #MIC?

1. The lines. How can Clarisse pack all the feels in two to three sentences, I’d like to know.
2. The personal conflicts. #MIC tackles a sensitive issue about broken families. But Cam’s Mother’s issues struck me most–about
Thai (ReadBreatheRepeat)
Okay, this was pretty cute. I loved Hunter, and even though Cam wasn't for me in the beginning, by the end I didn't hate her like I thought I would so yay! The first one is still my favorite but this was super enjoyable as well!
Lynai
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Angsty protagonist, drummer love interest, music bands, Boracay Island, Iloilo City.

Aira Irish
Shelves: arc-books
When I read the story, I felt like I'm with the characters maybe because I knew the places where they went to. Thumb ups for a swoon worthy treat of romance. It's cool to read stories that features the places like Iloilo. I'm looking forward for more from this author.

For the full review of this book visit my blog below.

Tina
Oct 22, 2017
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Oct 20, 2017
ana
Oct 26, 2017
Mayumi Cruz
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

After having read Prom Queen Perfect, I knew I couldn’t pass up the chance of getting an ARC of Clarisse David’s new book, Making It Complicated. And I wasn’t disappointed.

The author loves to write about flawed yet relatable characters and the struggles they undergo and overcome, making the reader feel each and every emotion they go through. This book has a lot of anger and angst. It was a bit differrent from PQP in that there was a lot more romantic innuendos emphasizing the phy
M
Breeny
Jul 05, 2017
Charlie
Jul 18, 2017
Clarisse David is a Young Adult and New Adult author from the land of epic heat waves a.k.a. the Philippines. She graduated with a bachelor of arts in Literature, and cannot survive without red lipstick and books. When not hanging out on Twitter, she can be found working on her latest writing project.

You can find her on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook. You can also send her an email at clarisseda
More about Clarisse David...

I Heart Iloilo (2 books)
  • Keeping the Distance (I Heart Iloilo, #1)