Start by marking “Making It Complicated (I Heart Iloilo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Making It Complicated (I Heart Iloilo, #2)

Making It Complicated

(I Heart Iloilo #2)

No promises. No expectations. Just one night on a paradise island that could mean everything.

Nineteen-year-old Cam has a metric ton of emotional baggage and is in no mood to unload them on anyone. After her parents' marriage imploded, stress-free is the only way she wants her life to be. And what could be more freeing than spending the summer on Boracay? Absolutely
133 pages
Published October 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Making It Complicated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making It Complicated

Start your review of Making It Complicated (I Heart Iloilo, #2)
Nat
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been patiently biding my time for this companion to Keeping the Distance to release out into the world ever since I finished the first bookthat fateful night inFebruary. After nine faithful months, it finally came to my notice today that the sequel was already out, so I hurried on to catch up with these beloved characters.

kb
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Just want to say first that this book and I share the same birthday, and that it was the extra icing on top of my cake! Here are my thoughts about this book and author!
mith
{you can also read this review on my blog}
---
I adore Clarisse David and her writing. Her romances are always amazing, as well as the other issues her main characters tend to have. With fun characters and engaging stories, it's easy to fall in love with her books.

Cam's story was one I was super excited to read about. I loved Cam from Keeping the Distance because I could highly relate to her. Hunter, in the scenes he was in, was super cute and kind, too, so to see them get together? It was the
natalie
There's just something about these romance class band boys i sweaaaar. loved it. now i need book 3 (Jace will it be youuu???) and i need all the other boys of The Integers band to have a story, especially Cal.

i loved Cam's relationship with the guys!
Kristy Mauna
I absolutely loveeed Making it Complicated - an amazing coming-of-age story full of my three favorite things: family, friendships, and love!!

"Show me."
"What?" My eyes snapped back to his.
"Tonight. Show me how nice you can be," Hunter said, his easy smile belying the weight of his words, the dimple on his cheek a warning sign he was trouble.

This is the second book in the I Heart Iloilo series by Clarisse David, so if you've read Keeping the Distance (if you haven't then you should) then you'll
Lisa
Also on Romances Ever After.

It's a shame that as I get older I find myself unable to read and enjoy books in the YA and NA genres, simply because the characters are some ten years younger than me, so I have little patience for teenage angst. Fortunately, Making It Complicated was a smooth ride for me. It felt very short and I probably would have finished it in one sitting if school didn't get in the way (boo, school).

What I love most about Making It Complicated is how sweet the whole story is,
Inah
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 maybe? Might still change. Totally different from Keeping The Distance which was great, while also incorporating elements from KTD.

Main issue was I didn't connect with Cam as much. But this book was overall enjoyable! Hi Eddie!
Elena ( The Queen Reads )
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
SO GOOOOOOD. This was such a guilty pleasure read. It was short but sweet. I love all the new characters especially Cal so yep I'm waiting for his story. Full review to follow.
Shealea
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unlike most NA contemporary stories, Making It Complicated did not introduce itself slowly, gently, and with caution. Instead, right from the beginning, I was, without warning, thrown into a whirlwind of fluttery feelings, summer vibes, hilariously brilliant banter, eloquently described sceneries, and undeniably explosive chemistry.

As much as I loved the interactions of Cam and Hunter, what I appreciated the most about the book was that there was enough space for Cam to battle against her inner
karla
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
waaaaa I really enjoyed reading this book!

so, we meet Cam. 19 years old, just out of high school and in the middle of her parents fallout. *sigh* parents. why must we learn they're people with good and bad qualities instead of the idealized heroes we thought them to be? Cam is angry. so angry. and I get it, but honestly I thought she was kind of too rude and too dense sometimes, especially at the beginning. but that could also be because we're just getting to know her and her situation. I never
Samantha Louise Borbe
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a couple of weeks since I received the ARC of Clarisse David’s new novel Making It Complicated. She gave it to me in exchange of an honest review and here it is:

Making It Complicated is the 2nd installment of the I Heart Ilo-Ilo series and it revolved around Cam and Hunter, Melissa’s (from Keeping The Distance) best friend and childhood sweetheart. I’ve been waiting for this since I finished the first book. I had a crush on Hunter ever since I encountered his character in KTD. Well for
Bookablereads Reviews
First of all, I would like to say thank you to the author, Clarisse, for sending me an eARC copy in exchange for an honest review. And this will not affect my thoughts or opinion about the book in any way.

To be honest, I never got the chance to read the first installment which is the story of Mel, bestfriend of Cam. But regardless of not having a chance to read it I still enjoy and understand the story as the second installment is about Cam. This is also my first time to read a book that is
Shaine H.
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I volunteer to give honest review. The digital copy was provided by the author. Thank you, Clarisse David.

I had to apologize for taking it so long to finish it and to post my review because I had moments that I don’t feel like reading or doing anything. But I assure you that this book is wonderful.

Before I start reading Making It Complicated, I made sure that I’ve read the first book in the series which is Keeping the Distance. I enjoyed the first book so much that I did not hesitate to start
Miel Salva
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clarisse David now goes to my auto-buy authors. I love how she promotes Iloilo in her works. I believe DOT should tie-up with #romanceclass authors for this. And as someone who’s never been to Iloilo, I’m already itching to take the trip.

What are the things I loved about #MIC?

1. The lines. How can Clarisse pack all the feels in two to three sentences, I’d like to know.
2. The personal conflicts. #MIC tackles a sensitive issue about broken families. But Cam’s Mother’s issues struck me most–about
Bookbed
This book is featured on Bookbed! Read our post here.

Please note: We don't use ratings but for this purpose, we tag books with three stars by default.
Would like to be a reviewer/contributor to Bookbed? Sign up here!
We also accept review requests. More info here.
Yaiza
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aunque es una historia de romance tiene un conflicto familiar que aporta un hilo argumental interesante y unos personajes secundarios muy majos (el grupo de Hunter son mis faves pero me gustaría que Mel hubiese tenido más importancia).
thai
Okay, this was pretty cute. I loved Hunter, and even though Cam wasn't for me in the beginning, by the end I didn't hate her like I thought I would so yay! The first one is still my favorite but this was super enjoyable as well!
Lynai
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Angsty protagonist, drummer love interest, music bands, Boracay Island, Iloilo City.

Julia
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute yet angsty read at the same time. I could relate to Cam so much about my *anger at the world* and ugh I'm so in love with Hunter. PS: Please tell me the next book is about Jace!!
Aira Irish
Shelves: arc-books
When I read the story, I felt like I'm with the characters maybe because I knew the places where they went to. Thumb ups for a swoon worthy treat of romance. It's cool to read stories that features the places like Iloilo. I'm looking forward for more from this author.

For the full review of this book visit my blog below.

Denise
mands
Feb 08, 2017
Lisa
Apr 15, 2019
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Oct 20, 2017
ana
Oct 26, 2017
Natarina
Nov 05, 2018
Mayumi Cruz
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

After having read Prom Queen Perfect, I knew I couldn’t pass up the chance of getting an ARC of Clarisse David’s new book, Making It Complicated. And I wasn’t disappointed.

The author loves to write about flawed yet relatable characters and the struggles they undergo and overcome, making the reader feel each and every emotion they go through. This book has a lot of anger and angst. It was a bit differrent from PQP in that there was a lot more romantic innuendos emphasizing the
Caryssa
Jun 11, 2019

• Like Nobody's Watching
  • The Queen's Game
  • Ghost of a Feeling
  • Before I Lose My Nerve: (This is NOT About You)
  • Settle the Score / Hustle Play
  • The "Forget You" Brew
  • Love and Other Questionable Life Choices
  • What Kind of Day (Six 32 Central, #1)
  • You Out of Nowhere (Flair #1)
  • Keep the Faith
  • Bucket List To Love
  • Better At Weddings Than You (Chic Manila, #9)
  • Paper Planes Back Home
  • Feels Like Summer
  • That Kind of Guy (Chic Manila, #5)
  • Second Wave Summer
  • The Way You Make Me Feel
  • Waiting in the Wings
Clarisse David is a Young Adult and New Adult author from the land of epic heat waves a.k.a. the Philippines. She graduated with a bachelor of arts in Literature, and cannot survive without red lipstick and books. When not hanging out on Twitter, she can be found working on her latest writing project.

You can find her on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook. You can also send her an email at

I Heart Iloilo (2 books)
  • Keeping the Distance (I Heart Iloilo, #1)