Start by marking “Heels Over Head” as Want to Read:
Heels Over Head

Heels Over Head

Jeremy Reeve is one of the best divers in the world, and he’s worked hard to get where he is. He intends to keep pushing himself with one very clear goal in mind: winning gold at the summer Olympics in two years. That medal might be the only way to earn his father’s respect as an athlete.

Brandon Evans is everything Jeremy isn’t: carefree, outgoing, and openly gay. With his
Paperback, 1 edition, 366 pages
Published May 29th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heels Over Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heels Over Head

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Heels Over Head is the second book I've read by Elyse Springer, and I really enjoy her writing style. I always feel like I'm IN the story versus on the outside looking in. The dialogue has a certain rhythm, and each character is given a voice.

In addition to the MCs, Jeremy and Brandon, we meet:

- Jeremy's emotionally abusive redneck family (whom I loathed with a passion); they are so homophobic and dismissive, they’re almost caricatures.

- Andrej, Jeremy and eventually Brandon's diving coach, a
Gabby
Ahhhh, this book is so cute. This book is a male/male romance that follows Jeremy Reeve, who is training for the Olympics as a diver, and Brandon Evans - who is also a diver, and starts training alongside Jeremy. Jeremy has been diving for thirteen years and he finally has his shot to compete in the Olympics and he won't let anything distract him from winning a gold medal. Brandon is openly gay and doesn't care about diving nearly as much as Jeremy does - he mainly does it for fun. Jere
MaDoReader
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Too much whining for my taste, meh
Renée
I picked up Heels Over Head because I truly enjoyed Whiteout by the same author. And I also have a certain fascination with the sport of diving at each Summer Olympics.

Jeremy has been training to dive since he was seven. It was the only thing he found he was good at, and since his father and brothers have bullied him since birth about how much of a "fairy" he is, he will prove his worth by being a world champion. An injury took him out of the running for the Olympics last time, so he's determine
Christelle
**5 stars and more if it were possible**

A beautiful love story between 2 different men, both with their flaws, their strengths, their dreams, set up in the uncommon but fascinating universe of diving.

Jeremy has dreamed about winning the Olympics as a diver since childhood, desperately hoping to make his father and brothers proud of him. He breathes diving and spends all his time, apart from studying, training hard to be the best for National and Worldwide competitions.
Two years before the Olym
Aeren
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
No creo que esta novela, de la que sólo he leido un tercio, merezca más de una estrella. Gracias a Amazon por los previos gratis porque me ha salvado de malgastar mi dinero.
Fabi
Words, words! I need new ones to describe how much I loved this book.

Jeremy and Brandon are two young men finishing their final years in college. Jeremy has been training as a diver since he was a little boy. He is serious about the sport and focused on getting to the Olympics. Brandon dives off cliffs for fun until he is recruited by a college scout. When the two meet, sparks fly.

No, no, not those kind of sparks. The two clash in every which way. One is quiet and regimented. The other is grega
BWT (Belen)
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, mm-fiction
2.5 Stars

Honestly? I felt like I invested years into this and was left without a resolution. Don't get me wrong, there's an HFN...but the overarching plot of the whole diving bit was left without, for me, a proper end.

Dual POV, slow burn, not-quite-enemies to lovers, with some angst and a whole lot of diving info.
Fenriz Angelo
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
The characters behave badly and are idiotic.
There's better YA books over there, try Silvera's.
Katerina
LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT.

This was one of the best books I've read. Those who have enjoyed Training Season and The Master Will Appear will find joy and pleasure here. It's the subject of enemies to lovers. And it was perfect. Absolutely realistic.

Today, though, I’m thinking about blue eyes and black ink.

By the time Brandon Evans shows up, I’m in that focused zone where the only thing that matters is the next movement in front of me. I barely notice as Andrey gets him started, walking him thro
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
Sep 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Terrible
Raquel
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF al 1%, una pregunta, ¿es necesario puntuar un libro cuando abandonas su lectura?.
Lo dejo aquí porque "la merda quan més es remena més pudor fa".
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Enjoyed this NA contemporary romance, set in the world of competitive diving. It was delightful. 3.5-4 stars.
Francesca
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Having read the available preview, this book is literally not for me.
Julie   (*Happily Ever Chapter*)
Jeremy is a very focused and dedicated diver with goals to one day compete in the Olympics. He trains with a one of the best trainers in the world and keeps his eye on the prize. That is, until Brandon walks into their training one day and his trainer decides to take him on as well. Jeremy is not only annoyed because now the trainer will have to split the focus between the two of them, but also because Brandon represents everything that he pushes away inside of himself. Brandon is out and proud ...more
Natasha
I received an arc from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Review also posted on my blog

So if I'm being honest, I thought I wouldn't like this book as much as I did. I've read two of the author's other books, both of which were much shorter, and didn't like them too much. This one though? I can't even put into words how much I loved it.

Initially I thought I wouldn't like it due to some things at the start. Brandon, who's out and proud as gay, automatically assumes Jerem
Jude Sierra
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heels Over Head is a lovely sports romance centered on a sport I’ve not yet seen written about in this genre. Springer does a great job with the technical aspects of this story. I know nothing about diving other than what I see on the Olympics: this book really takes the reader behind the curtain and into what it takes to be an Olympic level diver (caveat being that since I don’t know anything, I cannot vouch for the 100% accuracy here. It seemed to me, however, that the author did a lot of rese ...more
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
I'm head over heels in love with this.

Review to come closer to release date, but basically: go and buy it. This is one of the best enemy to lovers I've ever read and I absolutely adore Jeremy and Brandon.
Sadie
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5 stars, but I bumped it up because a 3.95 average is much too low for this excellent (and long) sports novel.

Full review to come :)
Anali
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 ★★★

Heels over Head es una novela de romance m/m que tiene como protagonistas a dos jóvenes: Jeremy, un clavadista muy prometedor, y Brandon, quien da sus primeros pasos en la natación. Es el primer libro que leo de Elyse Springer y, a decir verdad, la novela me sorprendió un poco porque va más allá de ser una simple historia de romance y refleja las dificultades, dudas, sueños, temores y el arduo esfuerzo en la vida de un atleta.

Trama: Es simple. La historia engancha, sobre todo, en la prim
Elsbeth
*4.5 stars*
Bucletina
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
El libro no me gustó nada.
Theresa
Aug 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF. Brandon had a low IQ or he had a mental disorder. He wasn't doing drugs. So........ Well, whatever his issue was, he was abnormal plus he had a crappy attitude. He was very unlikable. I quit caring and lost interest in him.
michelle (magicalreads)
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, arcs, reviews
**I received a free ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Heels Over Head is such a cute book!! It has such good aspects: a healthy relationship, found family, hate to love romance. I liked it so much!!

Jeremy Reeve is an extremely talented diver who was set to compete in the Olympics two years ago but unfortunately had to drop out after an unexpected injury. Now, he works insanely hard in order to go to the next Olympics. He's also dealing with his sexuality after his coach takes o
majo
This book is about Jeremy and Brandon, two divers who are training together and fall in love. I always have loved sport romances because they are addicting reads and the sport plot makes the story very interesting. And this book is one of the best sport romances I've read in a while.

Jeremy hasn't come out as gay to anybody, because his family is horrible and they've always make him think that being gay is being weak. So, Jeremy's goal has always been winning a dive competition in the Olympics t
Lindsay M.
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I've become so incredibly hesitant to pick up a romance that has anything to do with sports. Which stinks, because I'm so drawn to them...but more often than not, I'm disappointed because I get my hopes up so high! But I took a chance on this one, and I'm so happy I did.

The only reason this wasn't a five star read for me is that if left me wanting more across the board. I absolutely loved the pace of the first 60 percent of the novel, but around that point, I started noticing that
namericanwordcat
4.5 Stars

It is a real joy to read about such well drawn characters as Brandon and Jeremy.

In Jeremy, we have a driven uptight hero who has suppressed his emotionial and sexual life in the hopes of being the best and therefore good enough. His journey is a long one to letting go of looking for acceptance from his family that will never come.

In Brandon, we have a seemingly carefree hero who depends to much on himself. He lives in the present but does not look to the future with hope.

The sports as
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN Confusion 3 33 Mar 31, 2017 02:25AM
  • One Under (Porthkennack, #9)
  • Straight Shooter (Rear Entrance Video, #3)
  • The Next Competitor
  • All the Wrong Places (Bluewater Bay, #14)
  • House of Cards (Porthkennack, #4)
  • Play On (Glasgow Lads, #0.5)
  • Pull Me Under
  • Action (Murmur Inc., #2)
  • Losing It (Ringside Romance, #4)
  • Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point
  • Thanks a Lot, John LeClair
  • Saugatuck Summer (Saugatuck, #1)
  • Undue Influence: A Persuasion Retelling
  • Coach's Challenge (Scoring Chances, #5)
  • Double Up (Lake Lovelace, #1)
  • Poster Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #5)
  • The Unforgiving Minute
  • On the Ice (Stick Side, #1)
“He doesn’t hug back.
But he doesn’t pull away, either.
Yeah, we’re improving.”