Start by marking “Heels Over Head” as Want to Read:
Heels Over Head

Heels Over Head

Jeremy Reeve is one of the best divers in the world, and he’s worked hard to get where he is. He intends to keep pushing himself with one very clear goal in mind: winning gold at the summer Olympics in two years. That medal might be the only way to earn his father’s respect as an athlete.

Brandon Evans is everything Jeremy isn’t: carefree, outgoing, and openly gay. With his
Paperback, 1 edition, 366 pages
Published May 29th 2017 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Heels Over Head, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heels Over Head

Start your review of Heels Over Head
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Heels Over Head is the second book I've read by Elyse Springer, and I really enjoy her writing style. I always feel like I'm IN the story versus on the outside looking in. The dialogue has a certain rhythm, and each character is given a voice.

In addition to the MCs, Jeremy and Brandon, we meet:

- Jeremy's emotionally abusive redneck family (whom I loathed with a passion); they are so homophobic and dismissive, they’re almost caricatures.

- Andrej, Jeremy and eventually Brandon's diving coach, a
Gabby
Ahhhh, this book is so cute. This book is a male/male romance that follows Jeremy Reeve, who is training for the Olympics as a diver, and Brandon Evans - who is also a diver, and starts training alongside Jeremy. Jeremy has been diving for thirteen years and he finally has his shot to compete in the Olympics and he won't let anything distract him from winning a gold medal. Brandon is openly gay and doesn't care about diving nearly as much as Jeremy does - he mainly does it for fun. Jere
MaDoReader
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Too much whining for my taste, meh
Renée
I picked up Heels Over Head because I truly enjoyed Whiteout by the same author. And I also have a certain fascination with the sport of diving at each Summer Olympics.

Jeremy has been training to dive since he was seven. It was the only thing he found he was good at, and since his father and brothers have bullied him since birth about how much of a "fairy" he is, he will prove his worth by being a world champion. An injury took him out of the running for the Olympics last time, so he's determine
*TANYA*
(Insert gasp)

What a book! I was immediately hooked on it. I lost count of how many times I wanted to slap Jeremy for being so....so...frustrating! A slow simmer romance for sure! Sigh! How I loved this book, reminded me of Wall of Winnipeg or Kulti just a different sport. Lol.
Christelle
**5 stars and more if it were possible**

A beautiful love story between 2 different men, both with their flaws, their strengths, their dreams, set up in the uncommon but fascinating universe of diving.

Jeremy has dreamed about winning the Olympics as a diver since childhood, desperately hoping to make his father and brothers proud of him. He breathes diving and spends all his time, apart from studying, training hard to be the best for National and Worldwide competitions.
Two years before the Olym
Fabi
Words, words! I need new ones to describe how much I loved this book.

Jeremy and Brandon are two young men finishing their final years in college. Jeremy has been training as a diver since he was a little boy. He is serious about the sport and focused on getting to the Olympics. Brandon dives off cliffs for fun until he is recruited by a college scout. When the two meet, sparks fly.

No, no, not those kind of sparks. The two clash in every which way. One is quiet and regimented. The other is grega
BWT (Belen)
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2017
2.5 Stars

Honestly? I felt like I invested years into this and was left without a resolution. Don't get me wrong, there's an HFN...but the overarching plot of the whole diving bit was left without, for me, a proper end.

Dual POV, slow burn, not-quite-enemies to lovers, with some angst and a whole lot of diving info.
Fenriz Angelo
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
The characters behave badly and are idiotic.
There's better YA books over there, try Silvera's.
Katerina
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT.

This was one of the best books I've read. Those who have enjoyed Training Season and The Master Will Appear will find joy and pleasure here. It's the subject of enemies to lovers. And it was perfect. Absolutely realistic.

Today, though, I’m thinking about blue eyes and black ink.

By the time Brandon Evans shows up, I’m in that focused zone where the only thing that matters is the next movement in front of me. I barely notice as Andrey gets him started, walking him thro
Eugenia
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lovely! I absolutely adore sport centered romances and this book was no different. The slowly moving story mapped out the growing relationship of pseudo enemies to tolerable team mate to lovers. The pacing suited the story told about an Olympic class diver and a new raw talent. One's so deep in the closet he's a skeleton full of self recrimination. The other is a powerful, out and proud new diver, floating through life.

I loved their story, I only wish there had been more tension between the two
River
Meh.
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Enjoyed this NA contemporary romance, set in the world of competitive diving. It was delightful. 3.5-4 stars.
Mike Oaks
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One, two, three - go

Loved this story. The main characters are beautifully flawed. The journey to the Olympics and growing a relationship kept me glued to this book. 4.0 for flying.
Francesca
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Having read the available preview, this book is literally not for me.
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: gay mcs
tw: internalised homophobia, homophobia, homophobic slurs, abusive parents, homelessness

some of the events are clearly like 'who cares abt logic, we need this to move the plot forward and have the character do some cute shit', at times it can feel like it's written by a straight person just lowkey idealising gay ppl, but overall it's actually pretty fun! and, for a new adult m/m romance book, very respectful
Julie
Jeremy is a very focused and dedicated diver with goals to one day compete in the Olympics. He trains with a one of the best trainers in the world and keeps his eye on the prize. That is, until Brandon walks into their training one day and his trainer decides to take him on as well. Jeremy is not only annoyed because now the trainer will have to split the focus between the two of them, but also because Brandon represents everything that he pushes away inside of himself. Brandon is out and proud ...more
Natasha
I received an arc from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Review also posted on my blog

So if I'm being honest, I thought I wouldn't like this book as much as I did. I've read two of the author's other books, both of which were much shorter, and didn't like them too much. This one though? I can't even put into words how much I loved it.

Initially I thought I wouldn't like it due to some things at the start. Brandon, who's out and proud as gay, automatically assumes Jere
Jude Sierra
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heels Over Head is a lovely sports romance centered on a sport I’ve not yet seen written about in this genre. Springer does a great job with the technical aspects of this story. I know nothing about diving other than what I see on the Olympics: this book really takes the reader behind the curtain and into what it takes to be an Olympic level diver (caveat being that since I don’t know anything, I cannot vouch for the 100% accuracy here. It seemed to me, however, that the author did a lot of rese ...more
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
I'm head over heels in love with this.

Review to come closer to release date, but basically: go and buy it. This is one of the best enemy to lovers I've ever read and I absolutely adore Jeremy and Brandon.
Sadie
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5 stars, but I bumped it up because a 3.95 average is much too low for this excellent (and long) sports novel.

Full review to come :)
Elsbeth
*4.5 stars*
Theresa
Aug 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF. Brandon had a low IQ or he had a mental disorder. He wasn't doing drugs. So........ Well, whatever his issue was, he was abnormal plus he had a crappy attitude. He was very unlikable. I quit caring and lost interest in him.
michelle (magical reads)
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, reviews, 2017
**I received a free ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Heels Over Head is such a cute book!! It has such good aspects: a healthy relationship, found family, hate to love romance. I liked it so much!!

Jeremy Reeve is an extremely talented diver who was set to compete in the Olympics two years ago but unfortunately had to drop out after an unexpected injury. Now, he works insanely hard in order to go to the next Olympics. He's also dealing with his sexuality after his coach takes o
Safrena
5 STARS!!!

I waited for almost 2 weeks for this book to arrive and it was worth the wait! I have been reading quite a lot of M/M books lately and this one is absolutely amazing!

This book is just so cute and how each character is written seamlessly is absolutely amazing. It's not like other books that I have read, the progression was in a slow pace but somehow it was real and I felt the connections with each character.

It started with Jeremy or (Jer- I find it so cute when Brandon or Val calls him
namericanwordcat
4.5 Stars

It is a real joy to read about such well drawn characters as Brandon and Jeremy.

In Jeremy, we have a driven uptight hero who has suppressed his emotionial and sexual life in the hopes of being the best and therefore good enough. His journey is a long one to letting go of looking for acceptance from his family that will never come.

In Brandon, we have a seemingly carefree hero who depends to much on himself. He lives in the present but does not look to the future with hope.

The sports as
majo
This book is about Jeremy and Brandon, two divers who are training together and fall in love. I always have loved sport romances because they are addicting reads and the sport plot makes the story very interesting. And this book is one of the best sport romances I've read in a while.

Jeremy hasn't come out as gay to anybody, because his family is horrible and they've always make him think that being gay is being weak. So, Jeremy's goal has always been winning a dive competition in the Olympics t
Lindsay M.
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I've become so incredibly hesitant to pick up a romance that has anything to do with sports. Which stinks, because I'm so drawn to them...but more often than not, I'm disappointed because I get my hopes up so high! But I took a chance on this one, and I'm so happy I did.

The only reason this wasn't a five star read for me is that if left me wanting more across the board. I absolutely loved the pace of the first 60 percent of the novel, but around that point, I started noticing that
amanda
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I really liked this! i love sports romances!!! I enjoyed reading about the relationship between Brandon and Jeremy develop over time, and Val was a great friend to them both. Andrey was an awesome and supportive coach, and I really liked his character too. the diving aspect of the book was really interesting, and I love the fact that the olympics took place in toronto. I need more, though!!! I want to see that olympic gold! i’m so looking forward to reading more about these characters ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN Confusion 3 33 Mar 31, 2017 02:25AM

• Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Project Hero
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities, #2)
  • #Junkie (GearShark, #1)
  • Top Secret
  • #Rev (GearShark, #2)
  • Pieces of Me (Spectrum Nights #1)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Aced (PresLocke, #1)
  • Out in Spring (Out in College, #6)
  • Blindside Hit (Toronto Wolverines #1)
  • Coming in First Place (Between the Teeth #1)
  • Goodbye Paradise (Hello Goodbye, #1)
  • Unscripted (Unscripted, #1)
  • The Stopping Place
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)