Start by marking “The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health--AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT” as Want to Read:

Eliminate avoidable toxins, mitigate the effects of those you can’t avoid, and enjoy a longer life with this essential health guide from a pioneer in integrative medicine, Dr. Joe Pizzorno—the author, teacher, practitioner, and founder of Bastyr University, the country’s first and largest fully accredited university of natural medicine.

Dr. Joe Pizzorno is convinced that

Published February 21st 2017 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about The Toxin Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Toxin Solution

Start your review of The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health--AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO FIX IT
Wendy Phraner
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great read for those that wish to rid themselves of toxins and avoid them in the future. I garnered a lot of tips and tricks and took copious notes for future reference. Good to know the "Dirty Dozen" and the "Clean 15" and how certain foods can help your kidneys to perform better. You only get one body in this life, so you may as well try to take good care of it!
Dr. Sara Jean Barrett
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall, I think this is a very well written book in regards to research in the toxicity of our environment and how it impacts our health. I think the plan he created is too complicated to follow and very heavy in supplements for the average reader. It was a worthwhile read and I did follow his plan but it took me a lot of time to prepare, organize supplements, and follow the plan and I'm a naturopathic doctor! If you are wanting more information on how toxins are impacting your health I think ...more
Bret
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on toxins

I am a health and wellness expert who runs one of the largest detox groups on Facebook called smart detox. This book has been helpful to me and many people in my Facebook group.
Ietrio
Apr 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: junk
A peddler of superstition selling his wares. Nothing special. What is immoral is his use of fear to make his victims buy his junk.
Amy
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is scary.

Not the horror movie kind of scary, but the "we are killing ourselves with our modern lifestyle" kind of scary.

Dr. Pizzorno presents evidence of how our western lifestyle, which relies heavily on chemicals, plastics, pesticides, and heavy metals is slowly but surely making our society sicker and sicker. And although modern medicine can help alleviate the symptoms, it cannot fix our health issues because we keep poisoning ourselves with what we put in and on our bodies.

The
Lauren
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Really interesting read. The plan was no joke though and something I will not be attempting. Two things bothered me about this book. It came with really detailed meal plans, two or three weeks of breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks with NO recipes. I looked online as well and there was nothing there either. Also this is extremely supplement heavy. Each week comes with a new list of supplements for the specific area you are detoxing. (like three different types of herbs you take days 7-16 and ...more
Lara
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of great info about how to avoid toxins. It's main purpose is to do a 9 week detox, it has menus and all the info you need. There are also shorter 2 week detox diets that are detailed as well. I am not doing the diets but learned a lot about toxins in every day life and how to avoid them. He also gives a great app to check on the toxin levels in products that you may use. I've used that while shopping to make better choices and use less toxins. Very informative!
Sarah Hissett
You have to take a bit of the information with a grain of salt (but cut out all added salt according to the book). I can make any information match what I want the results to say by creating my own graphs. Like we seen an increase in obesity which corresponds with the increase in avocados. Some good tips and pointers, but not the only authority to trust on detox.
C.A. Gray
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dr Pizzorno is a terrific speaker and just as good a writer. I also happen to agree with his premise that most cases of chronic disease I see go back to toxicity. This book has lots of very practical advice on how to support the body's detoxification mechanisms, and some patient cases that help to drive his messages home.
Kim
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
ANOTHER book with a detox diet. pizzorno is really really worried about
every chemical possible, a very thorough list, and very scary to think about.
most of the info seemed accurate, although i did look up info on arsenic+cadmium poisoning in portland and that was old news...
too many limited detox diets for my taste.
Suzanne
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pizzorno has a clear sequence for healing the body from toxins. It is admirable that he focuses on using foods but some of these foods can also cause harm to your body. Most of his examples of treating and healing are anecdotal. Where's the research documentation?
Zana Carver
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful and pragmatic book!
Sasha Dofflemeyer
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great advice on how to detoxify the body and then lead a toxin-free lifestyle as much as possible. I plan the follow the program he outlined myself. Great, detailed appendices.
Carly
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should read this book! It’s very eye opening how much toxins are in our air, water, food and products. It’s a program to detox your toxin load!
Armita
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow... what an amazing book! It definitely changed my perspective towards our environment and lifestyle.
Royale
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Too technical in some places and basic in others. Heavy on science, but light on practical explanations of protocol steps. If you don't have a working knowledge of this information it might be hard to undertake on your own.
Amber Walker
Nov 03, 2018
jan coats
Jan 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?
  • Toxic: Heal Your Body from Mold Toxicity, Lyme Disease, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, and Chronic Environmental Illness
  • Medical Medium Thyroid Healing: The Truth behind Hashimoto's, Graves', Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Nodules  Epstein-Barr
  • Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever
  • Zapped: Why Your Cell Phone Shouldn't Be Your Alarm Clock and 1,268 Ways to Outsmart the Hazards of Electronic Pollution
  • Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain for Life
  • The Oxygen Advantage: The Simple, Scientifically Proven Breathing Techniques for a Healthier, Slimmer, Faster, and Fitter You
  • Toxin Toxout: Getting Harmful Chemicals Out of Our Bodies and Our World
  • Radiation Nation: Complete Guide to EMF Protection & Safety - The Proven Health Risks of EMF Radiation & What You Can Do to Protect Yourself & Family
  • Get Serious
  • The Testosterone Optimization Therapy Bible: The Ultimate Guide to Living a Fully Optimized Life
  • The Ozone Miracle: How you can harness the power of oxygen to keep you and your family healthy
  • Testosterone Replacement Therapy: A Recipe for Success
  • Testosterone: A Man's Guide
  • The Definitive Testosterone Replacement Therapy MANual: How to Optimize Your Testosterone for Lifelong Health and Happiness
  • Pemf - the Fifth Element of Health: Learn Why Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (Pemf) Therapy Supercharges Your Health Like Nothing Else!
  • Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To