Start by marking “Token (Daring the Kane Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Token (Daring the Kane Brothers, #1)

Token

(Daring the Kane Brothers #1)

I DARE YOU TO SAVE ME...

On the anniversary of the death of my family
I put away my good-girl, free the darkness, and completely let go
Th
Published March 21st 2017 by Kelly Gendron

To ask other readers questions about Token, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Token

XxTainaxX
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want my own Token to play with. That man was one sexy tension-building, dirty-talking package. Phew! Harley is on a downward spiral with no safety net to catch her when she gets retrieved by the mysterious Token on behalf of her uncle. Right away there's a spark, but she's pretty stubborn and attempts to resist. Pft.

**raises hand** I won't resist :-p

The plot was executed very well. It was interesting to read as all the pieces fell together. There wasn't a time when the pace slowed down enough
NiCoLeTa E.
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
***4,5 "Hot Mess!!!" stars***

I have already read "Breaking the Declan Brothers" series by Mrs. Gendron and i loved all three books very much!!! And now, came Kane brothers's turn and I'm so excited for this!!!

We've already seen Token as a guest in Zeke's book and I couldn't wait to find out his own story and the stories of his other four brothers!!!! And I'm sure that they will be a hell of rides!!!!

But enough with that, I have to focus on Token... and his Harley!!!!

Token was a retired boxer w
Laurie
Apr 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I know I'm going against the tide here, but I gave up at the 30% mark. Neither main character was working for me, especially the heroine. She seemed to be stuck in a destructive cycle of a yearly pity party and was way too melodramatic for me. This is my least favorite type of heroine and I saw no reason to continue on.
Carvanz
Token is assigned the task of picking up and delivering Harley. She’s one tough cookie but she’s been hurt from the loss of her family and protects herself with her tough girl act. Token is calm and patient but determined to deliver her to her uncle. Keeping her purse, phone and car as hostage to ensure that outcome, Harley is forced to follow his lead.

This was a nice read with a fast pace. No real over the top behaviors and yet they both definitely start to fall from the very beginning. Althoug
Emily
Token Kane has been given an assignment to bring Harley Redbourne back to Bronx, the man who is paying him. He doesn't know how he knows Harley, only that he wants her back. When he finds Harley though she is a hot mess and trying to keep her in his truck and heading home is harder than it seems.

Harley knows she is not in a good place, she doesn't want to be around Bronx it reminds her of her past. Token though is a nice diversion but like everything in her life it will end, or will it?

There ar
~Mandi~
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Token
Kelly Gendron

Super cute and sexy read! Ex-boxer meets bosses niece and sparks fly.
Token is hired to bring Harley back to her uncle. Harley has lost everything important to her and every year around the same time that she lost her entire family. She lets loose and drowns her sorrows in lots of alcohol. She knows that Token wants her and she teases him since he thinks he can't have her.
Good read. A little bit of romance, some drama, and a small amount of steam. I am looking forward to Book
Erin
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3 stars.

This was an easy, fast paced read where I was entertained the entire time. I did not love it, but I liked it well enough. This was my first book by this author so I wasn't sure what to expect. The MCs were well liked and their chemistry was strong. While I liked it well enough, I don't think I'll pursue this series further.

*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank ya, thank ya.
Vasiliki
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 stars!

ARC kindly provided by Book Enthusiast Promotions via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Harley and Token.

I really liked this story! There was tension, secrets, pain, lust, love and maybe a bit of darkness. Ms. Gendron writes beautifully. There was not one boring moment in this book! The plot moves nicely and there were a couple of twists as well. The story is said by a dual POV and it’s good!

Harley is in a dark place in her heart. She is self-destructive
Tpagirl
Token is the first book I've read by Kelly Gendron. It's the first book in the Daring the Kane Brothers series and I can't wait for them all. There are 5 gorgeous and diverse brothers and one little sister. The series has promise.

Token Kane is a retired boxer. He's big, loyal, humorous, sexy and totally alpha. He's been hired by a personal friend to bring Harley Redbourne back home. Harley is a lost soul. Her family died a decade earlier and she's not only lonely but on a destructive path.

Gendr
Maria11
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kick butt book! wow what a read. I loved it.

Others will say it dragged and there wasn't much action, but it isn't a book about that at all. It is about forgiving and dealing with the tragedies life gives you by swimming to the surface and not drowning.

Token.. wow what a character in this book. I liked him a great deal and he just seemed to possess the ability to see things in other and really know them just by watching. He seemed to know what Harley needed at every turn and I liked that about h
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Kelly Gendron isn't new to me in the indie world for this very reason... this chick can write her ass off and give me an addicting and delicious story that I just can't and won't shake.... plus her alphas *swoon*!

I fell hard and fast for the Declan boys (this new one is a spin off from that). That series is and has everything I love when it comes to contemporary romance but this new series, Dating the Kane Brothers, is definitely in its track to surpass that by miles.

Token is the first s
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 incredibly hot stars!! I can't wait for the next book!!

This book is the first of the "Daring the Kane Brothers" series. I believe it can be read as a stand alone BUT why?!?! I am on the edge of my chair over here. I NEED the next book now and the sad part is, this book hasn't even been released yet!!!

So this story takes two damaged souls and brings them together. Token is incredibly hot and bad ass!! He is like my newest love. Don't let me forget he has a heart the size of Texas!! God I love t
Faith89
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
copy received through Netgalley for review
This is a spinoff from the Declan brothers which was another good series by this author.The story may be a quick read but the author buts alot of emotion in the story. It could have been a depressing tale, but the author knew how to level things out. There is some humor lift it up. to we get the pleasure of meeting Token again. He and Harley meet under strange circumstances. He was hired to find her and bring her to California. When they meet sparks fly
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Token Kane didn't realize the next Harley he'd pick up would be the one he fell for.

Harley lets her good girl self go one week every year. The week of the anniversary when she lost everything. This time, though, her uncle Bronx sends Token to retrieve her, and she falls hard for the man. But, there's an invisible tether of connection between the two that neither knows exists. When it's revealed, will Token have a chance of keeping the woman he's in love with? Or will Harley no longer be able to
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a moving story which travels in unexpected directions and has a very satisfying outcome. It mixes a number of sub-genres for me, and does so very successfully.

I was kept quite securely on the edge of my seat for quite a significant part of the story, as Harley really has no fear - and I seemed to take it on for her! And as we learn why, it starts to make sense, but still is very powerful. I love how the whole st
KittyLuvr
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I felt this was a wonderfully written, beautiful & touching love story. The author (IMO) did a stellar job in building up the background & detail of the main characters Token (H) & Harley (h).
Token Kane is late twenties, strong, tall & handsome & retired from a brief boxing career for unknown reasons. He's part of a large but intensely loving family that includes 4 other brothers & a sister, who all joke with, tease, bicker & fight with each other. He's tough but not
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review

After reading the Declan Brothers series, I thought that I couldn't fall in love with Kelly Gendron's heroes anymore than I already had. Boy was I wrong! I tumbled head over heels for each one of the Kane brothers and cannot wait to find out more about each one with every book in their series! It wasn't long and I was caught in Token and Harley's cross hairs and ready to see their emotional and desire filled tug of war play out. L
books are love
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have loved each and every one of Kelly Gendron’s books and this one is no exception. I did love seeing Zeke pop up in this book too.

For me it was Token that stole the book. HIm and his family are awesome. So close and loving. Token is a guy that has been through alot. He has some demons but he deals with them. At first I didn’t get how the prologue belonged in the story but towards the end I put the pieces together and you feel for Token. Token is a great guy. He is kind, fun, caring and hones
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I want that feeling again. Like when I was ten years old at the circus, all the excitement and fear, the high wire act, the fire, and the lions. Forced to sit in my seat, keeping all the excitement bottled up inside as I watched the performance when all I really wanted was to be a part of it. I wanted to experience it firsthand. That’s how I feel right now.

I won’t settle for that, and you know it. To get me you’ll have to trust me, open-up and show me your ugly. You’ll have to l
Veronica
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Sparks fly between Token and Harley from their very first meeting. Harley is drinking to forgot. 10 years ago her family died and every year on the anniversary she gets sloshed. Token is sent by his boss to collect Harley and bring her home to California.

I loved Token. He is tough, sexy, smart and very patient. He wants Harley but he sees that she is in pain and is not ready to let someone in. And Token is right. When we see
Cathy Geha
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Token by Kelly Gendron
Daring the Kane Brothers #1

Tormented, troubled and at times troublesome Harley Rebourne loses herself to the demons that lurk within her only to emerge on the anniversary of an enormous personal loss. One year, though, Token Kane is sent to find her and then take her to Bronx Mosley. There is attraction between them that Kane is unwilling to take advantage of until Harley is in the right frame of mind. In the revealing of their pasts to one another a closeness occurs and a
Mary Mooney
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so glad when I saw The Kane Brothers were getting their own books. And to have Token be the first brother was even better.
This is Token and Harley's story and it is electric. Token is sent after Harley to bring her back for his boss. But he thinks she is one of his women, but she is too young. Harley doesn't correct Token. She fights him at every turn and doesn't want to go back home.
When they meet, the sparks are explosive but Token will not act on them because he knows that Harley doesn
Tami
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5

It was DESPERATELY in need of an edit. I just had an ARC copy, so hopefully the author gave it one before it published.

Pam
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

Oh this is a start to another great brother series by Kelly Gendron. There is a great family dymanic in the Kane family, this creating a fine range of interesting secondary characters I can't wait to get to know better.

When Token sets out on this job to bring Harley back, he gets more than he bargained for. Finding a broken Harley and waking his need to help her. But first he needs to find strength to get her back to Cali. Will he be successful?

Harley has
Nadine Bookaholic
Feb 07, 2017 marked it as to-read
Pre-Order Blitz with Giveaway now posted: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...

(view spoiler)

And my mission to take her just got complicated ~ Token Kane

One week out of the year
On the anniversary of the death of my family
I put away my good-girl, free the darkness, and completely let go
This year, my plans were cut short by TokenKane
The ex-boxer hired to bring m
Racy
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was excited when the announcement that Kelly Gendron said she was going to be doing a series of the Kane boys. She had made this announcement after she had written the series of the Declan Brothers. The Kane’s well the Kane sister and Token was introduced in the Declan Brothers series. Oh, don’t worry you do not have to read that series before this one but trust me it is a series worth reading.

I thought Token was a good chose on the Kane brothers to start the series with. He is this sexy, bad
Anny hernandez
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

Wow I just finish reading this book and have to say this one was one hot read. I love the characters and the chemistry that they have with each other, I have to say that there was some part where I got angry and other where I laugh but all in all I love it from the first page the very last one, I am going to tried to keep this short since I don't want to give anything away. This is the first book in the series Daring the Kane B
Johnna Canter
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so love Kelly’s books. She is such a wonderful author. She has a way of sucking you in from the get go and keeping you wanting more. I always have such a hard time putting them down. This one is did not let me down. I wanted to just keep reading it till I finish it. But this one has so left me hanging on the end! You seriously had to end it that way!! I so hope the next one is available soon. I love Harley. She is such an amazing, strong woman. I just wanted more of her story. She is strugglin ...more
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
As soon as I learned that Lurlene had five brothers in Zeke, I wanted them to have their own series and I was so excited when I heard that we were actually going to get stories for the Kane brothers! I couldn’t wait to start on Token, but with me being me, I waited forever to read it and I started it a few times and then I’d stop, it was just a vicious cycle. I finally burned down the hatchets though and got to it because I need to read Steele and things did not go as expected, but in the end, I ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Kavanagh Christmas (Kavanagh Legends, #5)
  • Deal Breaker (Billionaire Bosses, #2)
  • Punctured, Bruised, and Barely Tattooed
  • Lust is the Thorn
  • Stacked Up (Worth the Fight, #6)
  • Naked (Body & Soul, #1)
  • Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3)
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me (Lost Boys, #2)
  • Running with the Devil (Plantain MC Series, #1)
  • Vindicate (Recovered Innocence, #1)
  • Sleeping with Her Enemy (49th Floor, #2)
  • Mr. Big
  • Once Pure (Shattered Past, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Need
  • Unspoken: The Epilogue (Woodlands, #2.1)
  • Raw Need (Larson Brothers, #2)
You can usually find USA Today Bestselling Author, Kelly Gendron tucked away in a quiet suburb in the upstate NY area writing her steamy, blush producing romances. But, when she’s not creating HEA stories, you can find her representing a reputable group of nursing facilities. If you Google her, she’ll pop up there too. And please, do google her. Kelly loves to hear from her readers and to meet new ...more

Daring the Kane Brothers (3 books)
  • Steele (Daring the Kane Brothers, #2)
  • Crash (Daring the Kane Brothers, #3)