Start by marking “The Twin Game” as Want to Read:
The Twin Game

The Twin Game

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  1,734 Ratings  ·  136 Reviews
From the author of the USA Today bestselling novel, The Girl on the Stairs.

Hope Ross isn’t crazy, but she knows crazy. Crazy is...

...a father telling his daughter to pretend her twin sister doesn't exist. Worst. Game. Ever.
...a sister never leaving the house.
...a disturbed woman hidden away in the attic.
...bodies rotting in the basement.
...being accused of attempted
Published January 20th 2017 by Punk Rawk Books

To ask other readers questions about The Twin Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twin Game

Mandy White
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audible, kindle-owned
My head is spinning from all the twists and turns in this book - wow! I thought I had it all worked out but so many times I was wrong. Great book, really enjoyed it
Stacy
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome

Thanks for awesome story that kept me captivated until the very end of it. Can't wait to read more about these twin sistes.
Stacey Timmons
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book puts you on a roller coaster of a ride. There are so many things that happen, you don't know whether to believe they are real or not! Like, Is Hope as crazy as everyone says she is? She doesn't think so and she's out to prove it!
Hope has been released from the mental facility, after being in there for 2 months, because she claimed that someone tied her up and was going to kill her!
He lifelong friend Rhys comes to take her home. And this is where things starts going wrong, for everyone
Jaymarie Dixon
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about whiplash!

This book really puzzled me. I thought I had it figured out, then I thought I had it figured out again, then again, and now here I am writing this review with my heart still racing. Seriously. Read this book.
Lisa
Aug 20, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
I can't carry on with this book - I'm halfway through and it's just too confusing!
The main character Hope is just too unreliable to be able to follow and her behaviour makes no sense to me whatsoever.
I'm sure this is the point but my brain is too weary to figure this all out - I quit!
Scott
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good psychological thriller that follows a young woman who has been haunted by her twin her entire life, blamed for all these bad things that have been perpetrated by said twin.

But is the twin real?

And now, bad things are happening again, shortly after she's released from a mental hospital. So the need to figure out what's going on is greater than ever for her.

This was a fast, tense read that kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. V.J. Chambers has a very readable style and
Adel
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
The storyline was not too bad, although not believable, but the book itself is not very well written.
Dianna Wessel
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The 4 star review culminates more from the fact that this book was exactly what I needed at the time. Having a bunch of partially read books on my device I needed something to hold my interest and crazy as an alley rat Hope provided exactly that.
Hope has come home from the mental facility, and as you read you have to wonder who in their right mind would let this girl out, ready to solve a crime. Very quickly she realizes she has no one to trust least of all herself.
A quick read with at least on
Janice Kujawa
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

Everybody made Hope second guess herself. Shed played the game "Serenity doesn't exist" her whole life. But when it came down to being accused of attempted murder...she had to prove that her twin Serenity DID exist. Or did she? Read in one sitting. Couldn't put it down. Will definitely recommend to friends and fellow readers. Great job! Looking forward to more from this author.
Elaine Plourde
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book,I was at the point where I couldn't put it down. Every time I thought I knew the ending there would another event that got me wondering again.
Nathalie ~*Our Future Has Come*~
Apr 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: thriller
Wow this book was unbelievably bad, both plot wise and writing wise. I'm actually pretty pissed that I wasted time and money on this! It's definitely not a psychological thriller *SPOILER ALERT* Evil twin and gas lighting urgh it's been done a million times, I really expected better.
Cassandra
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Normally I don't read thrillers, but this one pulled me in and really did have me second guessing the entire way to the end!
Pam
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Reminded me of Flowers in the Attic... I recommend.
Emily Schauer
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so intense! I loved that it really made you think and ask who really is crazy? Definitely recommend for a psychological thriller.
~Mindy Lynn~
Freebie 6/5/17
Heather
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
rating may change... I have no idea how to feeeeeel
Megan
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a pretty easy read, but the plot was so obvious. Tidbits ment to lead you to one conclusion were so heavy and deliberate it made the twists easy to expect.
Cinbad72
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down

This story had me guessing all along from the first page. I thought Hope was crazy the whole time. How it ended surprised me.
Diana Febry
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Intriguing albeit confusing read. The author's aim to keep the reader guessing and unsure - is Hope crazy? Is there really a twin & an aunt? - is very ambitious and for the most part Chambers pulls it off. I had nagging doubts about the parent's and the doctor's behaviour and didn't find their past actions believable.
An enjoyable read that will keep you guessing right up the end but you have to meet the author half way with some suspension of belief.
Maryjane Vender
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
You got me good

As the headline says, "you got me good"! I was sure I had this story figured out. You tricked me into believing I was right. I'm not going to give anything away but good job. I've enjoyed your books. Always happy to have time to get back to reading them.
Denise DeSio
There's something about twins that fascinates me. Wally Lamb's "I Know This Much Is True," Arundhati Roy's "The God of Small Things," Kingsolver's "The Poisonwood Bible," Parravani's "Her" were all novels with twin characters that had me riveted to my seat, so I jumped at the opportunity to obtain the audiobook version of The Twin Game. The fact that it was billed as a psychological thriller made it doubly exciting.

Chambers starts off interesting enough, unique even, with twin sisters, Hope and
Tammie
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

It was very confusing at first but than I started seeing a pattern.. Very good story.. Don't normally read thrillers though
Bob
Feb 04, 2017 rated it liked it
There's not a lot original about the premise of this book, but the execution is unique. That's both good and bad. The premise is one used in books and movies for years: a pair of twins, one good and one evil, fighting for dominance and/or survival with mayhem ensuing. Some of these stories have a plot twist that one of the twins is purely in the imagination of the other. This was used best in Tom Tryon's The Other. This book keeps the reader on the edge of believing such is the case in this stor ...more
Mary Manson
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally Insane

What an awesome thriller! I started the book and finished reading it in less than a day. The story gripped me from the beginning and wouldn't let go until I read the last page. The book was well-written, the characters were well-developed, and the storyline had lots of twists, turns, intrigue and secrets. It kept me on the edge of my seat and totally enthralled until the very last word!! I am looking forward to reading more books by this author.
Connie Zinsmeister
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent twisted tale

Excellent twisted tale of two sets of twins, or is it? Who did what? Can you figure it out between the delusions and all the murders. It is such a twisted tale. Couldn't wait t o get to the end, it was so compelling.
Summer
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful fun!

This book kept me on the edge of my seat until the end. The author did an amazing job of portraying the confusion Hope was feeling, and had me guessing the whole way about her sanity. I would love to read more like it!
Joan Cross
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Keeps you guessing

This book is so suspenseful that it keeps you guessing right to the end of the book!! Excellent read!! Highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading psychological thrillers!
Jenn
Mar 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad

A lot of twists and turns to keep the story interesting but the characters were pretty one dimensional and the story felt like it was told from by a teenage not a grown woman.
Ben Tucker
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Excellent writing

I've never read a whodunit I couldn't figure out...but I was as confused as the protagonist and questioning my own sanity before the book was done.
Stacey
Mar 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Was not a fan of this one at all and had to force myself to finish.
V. J. Chambers writes about being inexplicably attracted to the dangerously alluring. Her works span mundane settings and fantastic ones. She writes about serial killers, cult leaders, werewolves, witches, for-hire assassins, zombies, space pirates, and regular everyday people.

She lives in Shepherdstown, WV, with her boyfriend Aaron and their cat Isis.

More about V.J. Chambers

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Mr. Paradise
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
  • Mystic River
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Hard Goodbye (Frank Miller's Sin City, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • The Dinner
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike, #3)
  • The Secret in Their Eyes
  • Snow Falling on Cedars
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist (Agatha Raisin, #6)
  • Absolute Power
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Instinct (previously published as Murder Games)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #17)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • American by Day
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)
“was beginning to think she’d lied about that.” 0 likes
“When we were conceived, we were one egg and one sperm that inexplicably split into two little girls instead of one.” 0 likes