Start by marking “Thirty Days: Part One (SwipeDate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Thirty Days: Part One (SwipeDate, #1)

Thirty Days: Part One

(SwipeDate #1)

Gavin is a struggling writer with a complicated past, who’s reeling from the loss of the only woman he’s ever loved. More than a year after the breakup, he’s still suffering major heartbreak and a serious case of writer’s block. In an attempt to help him out of his funk, Gavin’s best friend and fellow writer, Bobby, sets up an account for him on the new dating app SwipeDat ...more
ebook, 1st edition
Published February 28th 2017 by BT Universal, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Thirty Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirty Days

Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book by a new-to-me author that I enjoyed very much. Note the 'Part One' in the title, as this one does end on a bit of a cliffhanger! This very raw and honest story is funny in parts, very emotional in others, and overall just felt very relatable.

Gavin is an author who is struggling with writer's block and trying to get past a nasty break-up. He just can't seem to drag himself out of his depression.

"Never have I been so captured by someone like I was by Joanne. Past breakups have been ugly,
Kiera
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thirty Days, Part One is my third read from BT Urruela and it does not disappoint. It's a story about Gavin, a down and out author who is dared by his friend to go on 30 dates in 30 days via a swipe dating app. It is a heartfelt dramadey about what it's like to deal with depression and how the people around you rarely understand it or relate to it.

Anna
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was kindly gifted this ebook through a FB giveaway by Michelle!

Reading this book I saw BT in Gavin. I knew from the beginning through the humor, the realness, the darkness and depression. That's all BT's style. I enjoyed this book because it's so relatable and it's real life.
Stephanie Osborne
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional. Raw. Real. Written with so much heart, soul and truth. And funny. I laughed, cried and laughed some more.
Jenn
May 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars...

This novella is written in Gavin's POV, an author struggling with depression and PTSD. Having enough of this, his friend dares him to sign up for a dating app and go on 30 dates in 30 days. I guess this book just was not what I was expecting it to be as I felt like it was just going through the motions. The fact that what has actually happened to Gavin is not fully disclosed and keeps you guessing, but otherwise I found it to be a bit dry.
Chele
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Swipe to the right...

Excellently depicted story, Gavin is all about shooting from the hip and telling it like it is .
There is Laughter and sadness. Joy and pain. Friendships and I can't wait to get away from you's.
There is also the F word in it's many incarnations. (insert smile here.)
And this is only part one
5 stars and a recommendation that EVERYONE get this and experience Gavin's journey.
Cassandra Magnussen
You know when you read a book and you just... feel it?

You feel the author's words, experiences, emotions and… it hits you.

The way the story eventually overtakes all of you, and you lose sight of everything around you because you’re soo sucked into this other world that you just don't notice.

When you can relate to a character not only be the way they are described or by the way the act talk, or even look…not even by the thoughts that run through their minds’… but by ALL of it!

When the story line
Sue
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
30 dates in 30 days. That is the basic premise of this book. Swipe left if you aren't interested, swipe right if you are. It would seem to be fluffy filler wouldn't it? But nothing could be further from the truth. What starts out as a bet, a challenge...could end up being one of the most difficult, eye-opening, revealing and possibly earth shattering experiences of Gavin's life. His friendships with his closest friends, his relationships with his family and his past intimate relationships will a ...more
Andrea Jacobsen
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gavin is trying to get trying to get his life back on track. He is a published author who hasn't written anything in almost 2 years and really isn't living. His best friend convinces him to try swipe dating and so begins his adventure. His challenge 30 dates in 30 days, if he wins $25,000.

This is a cliff hanger for sure which I was expecting but still was like "that can't be the end". I enjoyed this story very much, as I have some experience with on line dating so I can relate to some of the fe
Lynne Garlick
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give more than Five stars, I would!!

This author is on my one click list! I don't even need to read the blurb before I commit to purchasing his work! He has a writing style that I love and he draws you in from the first page with his words........I could not put Thirty Days down.......in fact I read it in one sitting.......with my partner looking on in concern at times!
I invest heavily at times, emotionally when I read and this.......got me......when I wasn't laughing out loud at the
Deborah
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cleverly written story that had me laughing out loud and reminiscing over my dating years. Yet, I was also reminded that not everything is roses and unicorns. Gavin is struggling with his life. It's been a long time since he's been in a relationship. So can his best friend help him out? Will Gavin finally pull out of his funk?

BT's extremely talented. This man CAN write and write very well. He took a 'simple' topic like dating and added real emotion and depth to the pages. I just wish it didn'
Chris
Normally I stay far away from serial type novellas until all parts are released, but since I really like this author's work, I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. It had me sucked in right from the beginning with Gavin's story. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of his journey.
Can I please have book two now??????
Often Sarcastic
What a great read!

This is a story about Gavin who is still heartbroken over his break up with Joanne. His friend Bobby convinces him to try the SwipeDate app and go on a few dates. When the dates don't work out, Bobby is convinced Gavin is not trying hard enough to get himself out there and offers Gavin a challenge to go on 30 dates in 30 days for a check in the sum of twenty five thousand dollars. Will Gavin complete the challenge?
There is so much more to this book than the lighthearted journey
Evie Heisskell
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Gavin's story. His journey is just beginning in this book. Mr. Urruela's characters draw you in and grab ahold of your heart and mind, and Gavin is no different. I had tears in my eyes several times while reading this book, some because the emotions described hit a little too close to home and some because I was laughing so hard. Can't wait for Part 2 of this series so I can see where Gavin goes from where Mr. Urruela left him. Cliffhangers kill me, but I can't recommend this one highly e ...more
Jessica
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is raw and emotional with a bit of humor. Its well written, and from the heart!

This story is about Gavin. He is struggling to move on from a past relationship and a bet has him going on 30 dates in 30 days. His story is just beginning and I can't wait to find out where it goes.

So far a couple of the dates have been good and one was so horrible. I felt bad for Gavin and wanted to punch the bitch in the face!

As you can tell by the title this is just part 1 in the series. It leaves yo
Misti  Long
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Challenge

An author Gavin is having a major case of writers block and is battling a depression from it seems like a variety of things. His best friend since childhood Bobby, who is also an author challenges him to 30 dates in 30 days and then he'll give him 25,000.00.

BT is a new author to me and I'm extremely happy to say that I'm glad I found his books 📚. I feel as though the words just flowed into the page because I feel as if part of this story is him. I love when an author gives bits of
Thetaintedrose Ttr
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars. The book is very well written and the humor throughout helps to lighten things up when dealing with heavy subjects like mental illness. I was able to relate to Gavin right from the beginning and there is great insight into the inner struggles people face. I also found Tabitha from Day Seven relatable. We don't get a lot of info about her but it's obvious she is socially ackward. What's sad to see is Gavin's reaction to her and the fact that he jumps to conclusions and assumes the wo ...more
Christie Marsh
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dating is hard enough, we all know it. The dreaded first date is the worst, awkward and uncomfortable. Especially being an introvert, it's like standing in front of an audience and trying to talk about something you aren't comfortable with. Dating one person everyday for 30 days feels painful and just crazy and the concept made me laugh out loud. This read not only incorporated what it's like to date and what a dating site could be like, the author puts his own life experiences into it and bring ...more
Shirley
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Raw, real and honest MUST read from BT Urruela

Thirty Days: Part One is so much more than a look at a man’s adventures into the “new” world of dating while trying to bounce back from a break up that he didn’t want nor see coming.

Gavin’s story is a raw, real and honest look at the struggles to live with and attempt to overcome the affects of anxiety, depression and PTSD, told as only someone who’s experienced them can.

Thirty Days: Part One is also real and honest with the humor that comes with dat
Catherine
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I literally just finished reading this and, although I usually hate reading cliffhanger books (yes this is one, hence the part one in the title) until I can read all the parts together, I just want more like right now. You will seriously not be disappointed in this book at all. BT uses his words to draw the reader straight in to the story of Gavin, an author who has hit a rough patch dealing with a break-up and writers' block. His best friend tries to get him out of his lingering funk by ch ...more
Ladyjovi Stone
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently finished Thirty Days Part One by BT Urruela. This is a fantastic story about navigating the mine field of online dating. The story is about Gavin a writer who is still dealing with a bad breakup and suffering from writer’s block. His friend challenges him to try online dating as a way to try and get him out of his rut and back into the land of the living. The story deals with more than just online dating, there is also the subject of depression and the very real effects of depression. ...more
Indie Editor Nancy
This was an incredible book experience for this reader; the genuine emotion and experiences of the author as he presents Gavin with PTSD, anxiety and depression. BT is as Gavin is portrayed; he is a real man, funny and with a zest for life that just needed a few friends to remind him what life is all about.
The premise of the story is also unique and originally drew me into purchasing this book. My own personal struggles with depression and anxiety kept me reading from start to finish; I could no
Tina
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually finished this book in two days and all I could say is wow and I can't wait to start book 2.
BT Uruella does an amazing job in portraying Gavin and the inner struggles he is dealing with while taking on the online dating world. I loved the fact that the character was so relatable and that made the book such a pleasure to read! Gavin is a struggling writer who has a history of depression and has signed up for online dating mainly a challenge brought up by his best friend Bobby. I would h
Kiera
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

BT has successfully combined comedy with raw emotion, Gavin's inner dialogue giving insight into what this mental illness can do to you. As per usual,
MacKenzie Paxton
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
So much potential within these pages, but I struggled a bit. There was just so much going on inside the main character's head that it dragged for a bit. I kept thinking "use the 30 dates to write a book!"

I've read other books by BT Urruela and really enjoyed this one, but Gavin and I didn't click. I wasn't invested. Had it been by another author, I might have quit before the end, but I pushed through since it was BT. I will read the next book in hopes that some of the characters are deeper and
Mindy
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part one in the story of a life in transition

You meet, Gavin, an author who had success with his first book then a flop with his second this is part of his spiral down. His marriage breakup wasn't pretty or his idea, adding to his funk. His best friend Bobby tries to bring him out of his pot and alcohol depression by challenging him to get out into the world, thirty dates in thirty days. Very colorful characters, well written story of a man fighting with his demons to feel if it's worth the figh
Lorie Reinfeld
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i i would have to say that BT Urrillua did a fantastic job development of the characters. as you go through the book you can see how Gaven deals with the challenge that his friend Bobby gives him with online dating with the ups anf downs and how he takes in his feelings as he learns about each person he meets. Gaven also learns how ti deal with PTSD from his childhood.
this is a book i would recommend to everyone. it is a fast reading book that keeps your interest as you can't wait to see what
Andrea Bills
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is my first read from BT. I loved loved this book. Even though Gavin is in a dark place and not able to like himself there's something extremely loveable about him!
i laughed at his banter with his friends but also at the realness of Gavin's character! We've all been in his shoes one way or another and maybe not all at once like he's experiencing but the character is so relatable. I wish I could have a beer and share some meatballs with him!
I can't wait for part two and to read more o
Phyllis Smith
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
BT made me laugh and he made my heart hurt with this book! I can definitely tell he's put a little of his own experiences in this story.
Gavin has agreed to 30 dates in 30 days. These dates are fun to read and I laughed out loud. But it's when Gavin is alone with his thoughts,that hurt my heart. Makes me want to go all mama bear on him and hug him so tight!
This is a little different than BT's other books, but it is such a high caliber, fantastic story! I absolutely loved this book and I cannot wa
Shelley Salter
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I am a huge fan of Mr. Urruelas, his commitment to those who've served their country, his other books, and him as a human being. I was a little disappointed with this story, however. I think I might have been expecting too much because as I said, I loved his other books. I WILL read the second book in the series when it comes out. Who knows, maybe I just wasn't in the mindset for this story or like I said I was expecting too much.
Here's too future stories!!!
  • No Reservations (The Winemaker's Dinner, #0.6)
  • Amuse Bouche (The Winemaker's Dinner, #1.5)
  • Wicked Little Words
  • Santa's Secret
  • Alphas & Fairytales
  • Coming Home
  • Made to Suffer (Journeyman, #3)
  • Detecting Lust: an erotic detective novel (Sin) (Volume 1)
  • It's Only Acting
  • Controlled Burn (Brotherhood of District 23 Book 3)
  • Fearless Anthology - 12 Sizzling Stories
  • Lover Come Back
  • A Lover's Lament
BT Urruela was an infantryman in the US Army from August 2004 until February 2011. At the end of a year long tour to Baghdad, Iraq, his vehicle was hit by two roadside bombs, which took his right leg below the knee and the life of his commander. He was awarded a Purple Heart for his wounds, an Army Commendation Medal, and Combat Infantryman's Badge. He medically retired from the Army in 2011 and m ...more

SwipeDate (3 books)
  • Thirty Days: Part Two (SwipeDate, #2)
  • Thirty Days: Part Three (SwipeDate, #3)
“You almost have to treat it as a fiction novel though, regardless. They work the same way. You need a beginning, a middle, and an end. You need the ebb and flow… the conflict… and of course, the why. Why am I writing this? What am I trying to get across? What is the purpose… the moral to the story? If you don’t have that, you don’t have a story people want to read. You have to have a why.” 1 likes