Start by marking “Twisted Luck” as Want to Read:
Twisted Luck

Twisted Luck

When I told him to go to hell, I never realized it would be a trip for two.

All I wanted was luck—the good kind. I’d lost my job, a jerk hacked my bank account, and I caught my best friend screwing my fiancé. When stood up by my Internet date in a bar, I met the perfect man—tall, dark, and handsome in the most expensive suit. He was out of my league, but I didn’t want forev
Published April 7th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Luck

Start your review of Twisted Luck
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
3.5 STARS!

Review to come :).
Tabatha
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been awhile since I've read anything from Mia, and Twisted Luck was so worth that wait! Let me tell you guys that this was one great read! Parts of it were so unexpected, and the romance between these characters was interesting to say the least. Who knew that one little wish could be so life altering...

So not only was this book thoroughly entertaining, but I also just loved how Olivia worked things out to her advantage. She was clever in her determination to protect her mother, and she was
Shirley
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, this was a fun one with an interesting twist. ;) It's also my first Mia Downing read, but I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be my last.

Poor Olivia. It was hard not to sympathize with her from the beginning of Twisted Luck. It was also easy to see how Olivia could fall for Leo's charm, even without magic on his side.

As smooth and charming as Leo was, Olivia had luck on her side and a determination to protect her mom. She just had to figure out exactly how to use her luck to get back
Kelly
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, read-in-2017
Oh goodness, I liked this one. For a demon, Leo is a pretty good guy. I mean, he works the soul exchange and everything, but he feels bad about it. On the plus side, he's willing to learn new things. True, it takes a while for him to figure some of those things out, but he does try. I guess it's also true that he kinda has to learn new things given the accidental restrictions Olivia places on him, but he rolls with it.

He rolls with it and ends up a better demon after all is said and done.

Meanwhi
Nikki Cook
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Olivia has had some bad luck. After losing her job, her money, her fiancé, and her best friend, she was facing the loss of her apartment as well. Hoping to quench more than one thirst, Olivia heads to the bar to meet a date. Enter Leo, the demon more than happy to satisfy her needs... For the price of one soul. Of course, it doesn't end there. Twists and turns of expectations and emotions, Olivia and Leo do what they can to survive the arrangement that binds them together.

Twisted Luck by Mia Do
Courtney
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this book while poking around on Netgalley. I have never read anything by Mia Downing and the cover caught my eye. Hello Mr Abs! And, is that a feather in your pants, are you just happy for me to read you? Needless to say, it made me stop and read the blurb. And, I'm glad I did, since I realized I have read a bajillion vampire and shifter books, but only a small handful of books with demons as a romantic lead. Eager to add to the handful, I requested this book and was given an ARC in exc ...more
Christi Snow
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
Wow. This book was pure craziness. Twisted Luck is right...and thank goodness Olivia wished for things the way she did.

Up until this point, Olivia has had rotten, awful luck. She finally hits rock bottom and goes out drinking...and that's when Leo walked into her life and screwed her over more. Seriously not cool. But I liked how she never gives up fighting. More than luck, she has hope and that's huge because she needs that so that she might be able to save both herself and her mothe
elizrdbthspeaks
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hey there!! Mia Downing is a new author to me, boy does she have a creative imagination ...this book is so wild. I LOVED IT!! I can not believe that every one has not considered what it would be like to give the devil your life in trade for this or that ... something you have always wanted in your life? Not saying it is right or wrong? Just saying it would be a very interesting situation!! I never get when people say "This book was not a believable book". WHAT??! Are you kidding me, not that I k ...more
Ctrl, Alt Books!
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off with just saying how much I loved this book! I went into this not really knowing what to expect. Maybe some romance, some action, but what I got was so, so much more. Twisted Luck is very well written and entertaining. There is not a dull moment in the book. You will keep turning the pages, wanting to know what happens to Olivia.

We know that Olivia sells her soul to Leo. Olivia has to try and find a way to get it back, or at least prevent Leo from getting her mother’s soul. Not
Kim
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was not only a fun book to read but it was very unexpected. As a reader, you always bring your own expectations and preconceived notions of a character to the book at the beginning but what you don't usually expect to find is to have those notions and expectations not only blown out of the water but completely revamped. Leo is the perfect evilly exciting demon at the beginning. Hot, sexy, wild, he hits all the slots but then as their relationship grows you see him grow as well. With a simpl ...more
Jessica
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2017
*I was gifted an ARC for an honest review*
If you had a bad luck streak, wouldn't you ask for "Luck"? The good kind!!
Without going into too many details of this book, I really did enjoy Twisted Luck! The chemistry was pupating between Olivia and Leo, the two main characters. I thought Olivia was strong and stood her ground when it came to Leo, especially with there undoubtable "connection". I also thought Leo was a pretty good guy being that he was a demon.
There were some parts that were slow fo
Vicki
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I've always loved demon books, especially those I read from Kathy Love, both her Devilishly Series and New Orleans Vampires, so when Ms. Downing offered me the opportunity to read this one, I jumped at the chance and wasn't disappointed. I was engaged from the beginning and had quite a few laugh out loud moments with Leo and the food. I loved how Olivia worked her 'good' luck. My only issue is that it started to feel a little long towards the end but otherwise engagin ...more
Pbkreader
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the publishers of this book for allowing me to read an advance copy through Netgalley.

After a string of bad luck, all Olivia wanted was luck...the good kind. How was she supposed to know that the handsome, charming Leo was a demon who could make her wish come true. All it would cost her was her soul. This is a well written, funny and smart story that will make you laugh! It's also pretty hot, so keep the ice water close ladies! I'm looking forward to Mia Downing's next book!
Kim Vanravenswaay
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Leo didn't know what he was signing up for when he signed for Olivia's soul. But then again neither did Olivia. This book was unexpectedly funny throughout. Olivia is creative in her pursuit to save her and her mothers soul.
C bond
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
netgalley

A well written, funny read. I really liked.
Mia Downing
Feb 20, 2017 marked it as written-by  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-f
Pre-order sale. $.99!
*Flora*
I wish I could rate it 4.5 stars.
To read my full review check out my WordPress blog, Flora's Musings...

So, what did I like about it?
Quite a lot actually!
Mia Downing is a new-to-me author and I found writing style very easy to read. Her descriptions, characters and plot development engaged me from the very first page and kept me reading. The first chapter sets up the pace and feel of the story; introduces our leading lady, Olivia Denning, her relevant personal background and her romantic counter
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Twisted Luck was one of them reads where I'm slightly on the fence in regards to its characters It did keep my interest but there were just a few niggles that dragged it down a star for me.
This for me is more of an individual preference than a black mark for the book and this no way takes away from the flow of the writing as Twisted Luck was expertly written, It is just a personal opinion and might not be an issue for anyone else reading this.
So here we go, Olivia has had a string of bad luck, e
Shana
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a bad book, not a great one either. I really enjoyed the beginning of the book, but started to lose interest when we found out Leo's a demon. The storyline wasn't very believable. I felt like if the writer had taken a different approach to explain who Leo really was, the story would've been better. My second issue with this book was that I didn't like Olivia, the female lead. I just couldn't connect with her character.

*I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for a
Bea LaRocca
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Demons are my favorite paranormal characters...the good kind. And Leo Weston definitely fits the bill!
I fell in love with this occasionally arrogant, occasionally clueless demon and was rooting for him and the smart and sassy Olivia right from the very beginning.
A well-written story with just the right balance of suspense and humor, Twisted Luck is an enjoyable read that I highly recommend to any and all paranormal romance fans.
My favorite quote: “So how many demons participate in ‘Take Your
poppy
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book and i could not put it down.I really liked Leo he was a pretty nice guy and tried to be good even though he is a demon.I really liked Olivia too.This was quite a fun read and if you have not tried it give it a go i don't think you will be disappointed.
Irene
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Every have a string of plan ol bad luck? Wished you could have nothing but good luck??
Olivia had the worse luck ever! Lost her job, her apartment, her boyfriend!
She wished for luck, the good kind. The way she wished for it, you wouldn't believe.
Leo an tall handsome stranger you meet at a bar, asks you if you could wish for anything what would it be? Would you sell your soul for that? Would you do it?
There were parts where the book took off great, then it simmered down. Olivia trying to find a w
Layna
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on Ctrl, Alt, Books!

Shymsal
DNF at 28%. Just, not for me. I didn't "feel" the leads much. While Olivia had spark and I liked that she was a fighter, I just didn't connect with her. Leo, for a demon, seemed passive and, frankly, didn't seem like anything more than a fuck-toy. Maybe he gets better later, but I just can't force myself any further and I have too many other books that interest me to be stuck here.

Thanks to Netgalley and Mia Downing for giving me an ARC in return for my honest opinion.
Amahle
Kathy
Apr 11, 2017
Rose
Apr 14, 2017
Mia Downing started creating heroes at age four, but her heroes back then rode ponies and only kissed her on the cheek. Today, Mia's heroes still rescue those in need, but the price of their toys and the expertise of their seduction leads to a lot more. When Mia isn't busy creating new stories for her readers she fills in as an underwear model for a prestigious lingerie company. She lives with her ...more