Start by marking “About Last Summer” as Want to Read:
About Last Summer

About Last Summer

(Second Chances #1)

Pretend to be from Spain? Act like she can barely speak English? Sure, why not? It wouldn’t be the first time Gabby Vega had agreed to a challenge from her best friend, Kenzie. Besides, it’s only for a week of vacation with Kenzie’s cousins. Gabby will prove to Kenzie she can keep up the fake identity for the whole trip—that she’s not a quitter.

There’s just one major surpr
ebook
Published May 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about About Last Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about About Last Summer

Kenley Coles
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
This book is ADORABLE! When I got to the Sardine Game part...swoon. For a clean YA romance, I definitely felt their feels. Oh my goodness, it was perfect. And that's all I'll say because you'll just have to read the book.
This is a fun, summer read, that makes you love summer vacations. So, go read this book.
Shala
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! I read this adorable summer contemporary in one sitting! Cute story with engaging writing! If you like the story of Persuasion by Jane Austen, it gave me a similar story vibe! Check it out!
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gmmg-ya
After spending time together at camp the previous summer, Noah and Gabby meet again, but Gabby is pretending to be someone else. Noah goes along with the charade, but neither of them can deny the unresolved feelings and the relationship that abruptly came to a halt. The dual point of view allows the reader to see both sides of the story, and the ultimate conclusion is very worthy of two former drama camp kids. Also, the side characters, especially Kenzie, were fun to read and had a lot of drama ...more
Jessthebookslover
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think I said this before, and Imma say that again: Patricia's writing style is awesome and every story she writes is even cuter than the previous one. How she does that is still a mystery to me.

5 stars to this incredible contemporary YA because yes. Yes, I love good love stories.
This one has great characters, both the two main characters AND the "side" (they're everything but side) characters. Kenzie, Molly and Geoff are great examples, each and everyone of them different in their own unique w
Jessica
Originally published at Novel Escapism

When Gabby Vega’s best friend, Kenzie, accuses her of failing to follow through on anything and challenges her to work on her acting by pretending to be from Spain for one week, Gabby decides to prove she’s not a quitter. After all, it’s only one week of vacation with Kenzie’s cousins. But, that was before she knew that Noah Jernigan would be joining. Noah, the boy from drama camp last summer who she had to dump when summer was over. Now he’s the only other
Cecily Wolfe
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute romance with an HEA that put a smile on my face. If you're looking for a sweet escape, this is the right story for you. The premise is unique, and the feelings realistic - it brought back memories of my own high school awkwardness and anxiety, which seem so far away now, but are growing pains many readers can relate to. The humor takes the edge off the drama, leaving a feel-good story that entertains.
J. James
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
At first, I didn't like Noah and Gabby. Noah came off as vindictive, and Gabby seemed scared of her own shadow. However, as their characters' grew, so did my enjoyment of their story. My hands-down favorite scene in the whole book was the play at the end, which had moments where I literally laughed out loud. It was a cute read, and I will check out more of Ms. Tighe's stories.
R.H. Tucker
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid 4 STARS.

I really enjoyed this book! :)
Martha
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a super cute quick Summer read. If you enjoy young adult with a side of drama and a love story you will enjoy this book....
KarenJo Custodio
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, e-books
4.5 Stars! Well that was PRETTY DARN CUTE!!! About Last Summer is a super fun read that will have you swooning and giggling. At least I did… and now I’m smiling like a dork after that perfect/adorable ending.

Full review to come.

Review

*I received an E-ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Before I go into my review, let me just say that I have a weakness for cutesy, fun, and fluffy YA contemporary romance. There is just something about them that always makes me fee
Ashley Goldsmith
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emily Bourne
May 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was given a free ebook by the author for a honest arc review. If I wasn't reading for the sole purpose of review, I would have put the book down before reaching 100 pages.
I was put off by how the best friend Kenzie put Gabby down and Gabby didn't react. I wasn't given any reason why the two were friends.
As it flips between POV of Gabby and Noah, there was no significant change in voice. I had to flip back a page a few times to remember who I was reading as they were so similar.
The story ran e
Jun 16, 2017
Apr 08, 2018
Melanie McFarlane
Jun 18, 2017
The award-winning YA romance author of THE ZONE series and the SECOND CHANCES series, Patricia B. Tighe lives in West Texas with her husband and dogs. She’s a sucker for romance and loves to put her characters in sticky situations to see what happens. When she’s not writing, she eats way too much pizza, drinks way too much coffee, and watches way too much NFL football.

Second Chances (3 books)
  • The Dylan Dilemma
  • Amanda Vs. The Universe (Second Chances #3)