Start by marking “The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)

The Court of Miracles

(A Court of Miracles #1)

A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book.

In the dark days following a failed French Revolution, in the violent jungle of an alternate 1828 Paris, young cat-burglar Eponine (Nina) Thenardier goes head to head with merciless royalty, and the lords of the city's criminal underworld to save the life of her adopted sister Cosette (Ettie).

Her vow will
Expected publication: June 2nd 2020 by Knopf Children's

Start your review of The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
☙ percy ❧
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as tbr-unreleased
1828??? louis xii????

is this a typo and did they mean louis xvii? and if they did, THEN THIS IS AN ALTERNATE HISTORY IN WHICH LOUIS-CHARLES A.K.A. MY FAVE IS ALIVE?????????? AND THE KING????????????

tho if it IS my child louis-charles then he'd BETTER be presented as GOOD and not some sort of EVIL KING ok. it's a les mis adaptation so........ D: BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO BE BAD!!! OH FUCK, WHAT IF HE'S KILLED ALL OVER AGAIN??? CANNAE DEAL WI THIS LIKE

holy fuck tho... alternate history in which
Faith M ✨
Jun 30, 2019 marked it as potentials
Shelves: upcoming-release
"A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book."

"A Court of Miracles"

...is it a Hunchback retelling also?

And based on the synopsis...where exactly does the Jungle Book come in?
amy ☂︎
Jan 17, 2020 marked it as anticipated
me: i won't fall for books that have 'for fans of six of crows' in their description anymore
this book: hey
me:
description
Anka “Viva La Papaya”
*sees book that looks interesting*

*sees it's compared to Lies of Locke Lamora and Six of Crows*

*sees it's compared to Throne of Glass*
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:
Thank you to the author for sending me a copy to review!

Um okay YES thank you! I really enjoyed this new YA Fantasy! This story is inspired by Les Misérables, The Jungle Book, and honestly I caught some The Hunchback of Notre Dame vibes as well. At first I was almost worried we were getting a slow start but honestly there is just something about the language and how the author curls and crafts her prose that kept me glued. I found myself easily immersed in this alternative
♠ TABI ♠
May 27, 2017 marked it as to-read
LES MIS and THE JUNGLE BOOK???
Oh, I got to wait until 2020, do I?

description

HELLO YOU BEAUTIFUL COVER
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
a diverse fantasy retelling of LES MIS and the jungle book with EPONINE as the main character and NO ONE??? told me abt this???? Y'ALL ARE ALL CANCELLED, NOW KESTER GRANT IS MY ONLY FRIEND
Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
I read an early draft of this book last year and from the first page, I was in love.I have been dying for this deal to come out and now I can't wait to see the finished book!
Hiba
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
'For fans of something something and Leigh Bardugo's Six of Crows?

I'M READY
Zainab
Jun 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
It says Six Of Crows and The Gilded Wolves so I kind of have to read it.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
LES MIZ AND THE JUNGLE BOOK

like?? i'm ready even though I have no fucking clue what that even means
Lia
Nov 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: waiting-for-it
I don't even know where to begin explaining how much I need this book in my life
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
11/28/19
This cover is very pretty <3
---
A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book.

Seems like a strange combination, but I'm open to it.
Kester Grant
16/01/20
UK Cover reveal + Exclusive signed Waterstones Edition + ARC's...
Harper Voyager just revealed the shiniest goldest UK cover!

quote1

Waterstones has special signed limited edition hardback up for pre-order here

Harper has been sending out these deliciously gilt UK ARC's
quote1
Jealous? Want to be the first to read? A little cat tells me you can REQUEST A UK ARC on Netgalley here

5,000 adds!
quote1

4,500 adds! Here's a shiny quote to celebrate.

28/06/19
Updated USA release date : JUNE 2020

26/06/19
Ich höre, dass
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
Mar 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
"retelling of les miserables"

I LOVE LES MISERABLES

"... for fans of six of crows"

brain machien broke, too excited
Mikaela
A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book
I have absolutely zero clue what that means but I think I've been preparing for this ever since I was born.
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
A diverse fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and the Jungle Book? Sign me up!
Lex
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
*I received this book from a publisher in exchange for a review.*

I wasn't the perfect audience for this book because I couldn't read 'Les Misérables' and I couldn't finish 'The Jungle Book' either. I love the story of 'Les Misérables' but the novel is too slow and boring to me, and I found 'The Jungle Book' pretty tedious too. But I was really interested in their mix, so I started reading 'A Court of Miracles' with good feelings. Sadly it was a big dissapointment to me.

Should I complain about
ash | emeraldbookowl
Holy GIVE ME NOW.

This.Sounds.AMAZING.

Yet another 2019 2020 release that can be etched onto my tombstone.

A fantasy reimagining of Les Misérables and The Jungle Book. AND the court of Louis XVII.

*GASP*
Annette
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-copies
The moment I heard about this book I was not entirely sure what to think of it. Les Miserables meets Jungle Book? How the hell was that going to work? And what kind of book would that become? But, then I heard it was Eponine centered (one of my favorite characters of all time) and that there was a way to get ARC's as a blogger. They didn't need to tell me twice.

And damn, what an amazing, impressive and lovely adventure was this! I never ever could have imagined that Les Miserables meets Jungle
Kathy - Books & Munches
Dec 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: releases-2020
They had me at "fans of Six of Crows" and "fans of Caraval" and then they ended up mentioning The Gilded Wolves? Oh, and a DIVERSE fantasy?

UHM YES PLEA-HEASE.
Rena
I need time to gather my thoughts and just...come back from the high this book threw me into. It was different from what I expected, and so much better for it. I...I just can't stop smiling, I loved every second of this ride, and I can't wait to talk more about it. And I need the second book now!

Review (Full Version on my blog):

Disclaimer: I received an E-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review

There are certain stories, where Im going to read every retelling. Les Miserables is one
Rachel Price
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was kindly given a review copy by the publisher in return for an honest review.

This book was, quite simply, wonderful. I was initially worried that it was going to be difficult to read as there is a lot promised in the blurb and Les Miserablesles isn't exactly known for getting straight to the point, but my doubts were swiftly assuaged.

The Court of Miracles was an action-packed, exciting book, packed full of interesting and multi-dimensional female characters. There were a few moments where
Fanna
Mar 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
A retelling of Les Mis and The Jungle Book??? Uhhhm, yes, please! Also, 1800s in Paris? Perfect setting ever! Especially after reading The Gilded Wolves
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
Why have a retelling of one classic when you can have a retelling of TWO classics???????
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
anyone know if this is still happening?
Love, Jamie
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
“And for anyone who knows Eponine deserved so much more”
I will give you my firstborn child to have this book right now
Monique V
Apr 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019
OMG!! *GRABBY HANDS* I want it now ...more
Just Josie
Dec 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Paris with a jungle vibe- okay- I am strangely intrigued ...more
Amanda Kinsey
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc of this book, and let me tell you...it definitely delivered. I loved the world, the characters, the story. It's lush and imaginative and THE PROSE! It's one of those books that you get wrapped up in, and I can't wait for the next one!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ein Traum von Liebe (Strange the Dreamer, #1B)
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • The Mercies
  • Der Junge, der träumte (Strange the Dreamer, #1A)
  • A Sprinkle of Sorcery
  • The Deathless Girls
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • Magieflimmern (Die Krone der Dunkelheit, #2)
  • Of Silver and Shadow
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Foul Is Fair
  • Wanderers
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Me
  • The Handmaid's Tale: The Graphic Novel
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
Kester Grant is a British-Mauritian writer of color. She was born in London, grew up between the UK, Democratic Republic of Congo, and the tropical island paradise of Mauritius. As a wanton nomad she and her husband are unsure which country they currently reside in but they can generally be found surrounded by their fiendish pack of cats and dogs.

Kes can be found lurking with intent on

A Court of Miracles (3 books)
  • Untitled (Court of Miracles #2)
  • Untitled (Court of Miracles #3)
“He is the hunting song calling through the night.
The broken boy beneath the lash.
It ends where it begins.
It begins with him.”
3 likes
“Do not cry for me, I am already dead."
"No, not dead, the dead at least are free.”
1 likes