Start by marking “Everything I Left Behind” as Want to Read:
Everything I Left Behind

J.C. Emery

Everything I Left Behind

(Men With Badges #1)

Some people never grow up, and there are some people you never grow out of no matter how hard you try.

She’s irrational. He’s crass. She wanted out of South Boston. He never wanted to leave. She keeps him at a distance. He refuses to leave her side. Together, Colleen Frasier and Bradley Patrick are ridiculous and juvenile. Apart, they’re just plain miserable.

While Colleen h
Kindle Edition, 3
Published February 1st 2017 by Christina Emery (first published January 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Everything I Left Behind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything I Left Behind

Start your review of Everything I Left Behind
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

I was looking forward to this one but I didn't make it far..
let's start with why, well let me show you!

"Next to James is my childhood best friend, Brad. Just a few inches shorter than James, Bradley Patrick is tall and muscular. Built like a cop, my dad, Dan, says. Brad is slouched in his seat and asleep with his jaw hanging open and drool slinking down his unshaven chin. He is not at his best. He looks like he hasn’t showered in days, and his stubbly face indicates my guess is likely true. I ad
Margo - my business is in ashes but now I have time to read
Summary
RUN don't walk to buy Marital Bitch by J.C. Emery now. It is currently FREE on Amazon, and it was more than worth the cost even if I'd paid full price. In fact I may go buy it on Barnes & Noble just because I think the author deserves the appreciation. Colleen Fraser and Bradley Patrick are what Stephanie Plum and Joe Morelli wish they could be. They're funnier, more messed up, and hilariously outrageous.

Fantasy World
This story is all about Boston and the neighborhood of Southie. It's so
Kelly
I thought that whole premise to this novel was quite interesting and could have made for a very lively and entertaining romance novel. Instead I felt that it fell short of my expectations.

Characters: Coleen was mental. Not in an I'm-so-cute-but-don't-mess way or a I'm-mental-but-funny-so-you-love-me way, but in an I'm-scary-and-unrelatable way. I didn't want her to end up with Brad because for all her judging, he was the better person. Emery kept emphasising that they were normal people apart b
Jacqueline
3.5

I love a best friends to lovers plot and a marriage of convenience plot so this one didn't have to do much to be a good read for me.

It was pretty funny in places, with some cute characters doing some stupid things. The humour bordered on the slapstick at times and I was reminded of the Neighbors from Hell series more than once.

Bradley is a detective, Colleen a lawyer, they've been besties since childhood and now they've both reached their mid thirties without ever getting serious about anyon
Candice
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I got this for free on Amazon. What was I expecting? Not sure. I have to say this was pretty funny. However, I thought that "pretty girl" was acting like a child most of the time. Sticking her tongue out, lashing out, throwing things, etc. How Brad put up with all that, I have no idea.

They are best friends, but yet they can't talk to each other?? UGH!

Why the 3 stars? Because I laughed at the games. I laughed at the vows. I laughed at "come now". I laughed at the 2 headed baby. I laughed 'borro
M3tamorphasis11
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off the Title just POPPED at me! I was hooked at that moment, I just had to read it. Let me tell ya, I can so relate in many ways to these characters.

Fantastically written!

Colleen and Bradley are two people from Southie that have grown up together. Literally, since the cradle, Best of friends. For Colleen, Bradley needed to give her his undivided attention and for Bradley, Colleen's happiness and protection is the world to him. That and the fact that he wants all of her love...Well, life
Michelle [Helen Geek]
02/27/2013 --

Overall Rating = 3.5 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 2 / 5 = 3.5 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 3.5 Stars
Character Development = 3.5 Stars
Story Appreciation = 3.5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars [Free on Amazon – $.99 on B&N]

This was a cute story. A story about Boston cop, and a Harvard educated lawyer. These two have been so important to each other for forever and can't remember a past without the other in it; best friends their whole lives. They each love the other, but do they LOVE the oth
Stacey
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I finished this book I really had trouble with it. First off Colleen is supposed to be 35 years old but acts like a petulant child. How Brad put up with her is beyond me. And to be that far out of law school and still be such a low man in the company should have been a huge clue to her. And she acted like that was the only law firm in all of Boston. I mean come on. If she was smart enough to get through law school then she is smart enough to find another job that doesn't make her miserable ...more
Cristina Buzoianu
Well... this book was nothing like I was expecting and everything I hadn't, but oh, how I loved it!
I had so much fun while reading it and I got fond of the characters.
It's a quick and fun read, perfect for a summer day, but I'd be lying to say that some moments in it didn't bring tears to my eyes.

If you love funny books with bantering couples and awesome supporting characters, go grab this NOW!
I really need more than just five stars to rate it properly.
Coco.V
Jun 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (6/7/2018)!💝
Jenn
This book was free on Amazon, when I picked it up. I really like it and I would give it a 3.5. The first 20% was back ground on the characters in the book and the set up. Once you got past that it was pretty good and quite a few laughs.I would read the next book this author has coming out for sure=D
Shreya
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this book immediately... Like right now...!!! L.O.V.E.D it... :)
Sammy ⭐️
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this it had me in fits of giggles.
Goddess Of Blah
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is awesome!!! Funny, actually HILARIOUS, heart-warming, lots of family drama with a realistic romance and an ending that will leave you glad you read the book.

The family drama is brilliant. I loved Colleen Frasier's family (including her inlaws). Just reading about the Frasier and Patrick households is entertaining. The author can really make South Boston sound like an interesting place. I can't articulate enough how good this book was.

If you prefer the clichéd, typical hero's current
K.M.
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can thoroughly exclaim that this was a GOOD READ. As I read a lot of romance novels that include insta-love, overly-sentimental chicks, unrealistically debonair or extreme Alpha-type men, and/or a predictable plot-line, Marital Bitch was a breath of fresh air.

The premise of the book included a group of childhood friends from Boston going to Vegas to celebrate Colleen's birthday. Colleen is a sophisticated, type-A, career-oriented Harvard law school grad - oft embarrassed of her humble Boston
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
This was.. Endearing. It made me laugh, cry, sigh in annoyance and disappointment, happy... This book felt REAL (life's struggles and all that jazz). The story felt like the story of their lives, real, 3D, like I was peeking into a real live relationship. "One step forward and two steps back." HOLY F*CK BUT THAT IS SO TRUE FOR THEM.

He's gruff and he loves her and he's crude and he's sweet and funny and very dude-like and sometimes he got on my nerves. She held her own against her Hero. Sometime
Crystal Marie
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who said that being married was always easy?

Growing up, all Colleen wanted to do was get out of her town. She wanted the high life, the fast living and mainly forgetting where she came from. Bradley loved everything about where he grew up and never wanted to leave. And of course they are best friends, everyone knows opposites attract. Desperate to prove herself in her job, she puts the rest of her life on hold. But Bradley can tell that she’s missing out on life.

What started as a reason to ma
Terri
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary

This book is a hilariously manic rant, which had me snorting with laughter on several occasions. I loved the off-balanced, crazy Colleen, and the slightly disgusting and obnoxious, but sexy Brad. I understood why they each drove each other crazy, and also understood why they were both absolutely cray in love with each other. This book was such a fun ride. I found both characters extremely frustrating! but for me that was half the fun.

On the down side: This book needed an editor. There were lots
Emily
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adult women
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook on Amazon
Solid 4.5 stars

This book was great on so many levels. It's certainly the first of its kind for me. I'm a self confessed romance junkie, and I wasn't sure if I would enjoy this book after the synopsis. I'm so glad I gave it a shot.

This is not your typical perfect male bodied hero meets perfect female bodied heroine. It's quite the opposite actually, which is what makes this read so fantastic.

Not only is this book hilarious, but it's the closest I've ever come to reading real, genuine, no nonsense
Bella
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-on-kindle
I really enjoy this! I was slightly dubious about the title, but it was a free book on Amazon, so I read it.

This is a very real romance. Although it's nice to read a book with charming and perfect characters, I've never experienced anything like that. In this book, the characterisation is shockingly realistic. The characters are crude, selfish, crass and ridiculous at times, but that's the way it is. JC Emery doesn't shy on including flatulence, peeing, burping, arse scratching characters. I al
Adrianne James
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to get a pre-release copy of Marital Bitch and I have to say it is not like any romance novel I have ever read.

Brad is a real man. A man that could possibly actually exist out there somewhere, making imagining fun grown up time (wink,nudge,girlish giggle)that much better. He is crude and a smart ass, but he loves Colleen something fierce. Plus, he is a cop and pretty damn good in the sack, at least the way the love scenes are written out, it sure as hell sounds like he would
Danielle Taylor
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never been very good with writing reviews. Someone said I don't mention enough about the contents of the book... Well, that's because I don't want to spoil it! You want to know what goes on in a book? Get it for yourself and read. If you've not checked out this one, why the heck not?

Marital Bitch is volatile, sizzling, pulse-stopping, and at times, shocking (in a totally good way). I swear, one minute my heart went from racing to dropping into my stomach. I LOVE that we get both Colleen AND
María
This is a not romantic novel. I mean that was so realistic: neither of them were perfect (he had bad breath and she was very immature) but although I can't b in their kind of relationship it was funny read about a man and a woman who fall for their best friend and the struggle that suppose to be married with your totally opposed person, a person who knows you like nobody and still loves you.
The Heather incident was rare...
I like the way Colleen find herself and the fact that Brad had been alway
Alla
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book surprised me, alot! It had been on my Kindle for a while, I probably downloaded it because it was free at the time. Now I only think 'I should have read it sooner'!
If you are looking for an erotic book to read, this is not the book for you!
But, if you are looking for a book that will make you laugh out loud, with a bit of romance and juicy stuff to of course, this is the book for you. It´s just witty and very delightful to read.
The writing style is very good in my opinion, told mostl
Neela
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hahhahahahahhah!! funny funny book! Both Brad and Colleen are immature! Seriously!!!
Still pulling pranks on each other at the age of 35 years old! But both funny as hell!

Sometimes in the part of the book i find Colleen to be a bit more childish!
But Brad and Colleen are made for each other! They love each other and its as plain as day! but both dont even realise it yet!

The epilogue is brilliant! Love it! hahahahhaahah!! The wedding scene in this book is effing FUNNY!!

The 2nd book sounds intere
Shunda
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I literally laughed so loud at this book, I woke up the hubby. This book had everything and then some. I'm so glad I read this. After reading so many books about swoon worthy sexy men it was refreshing to read a book about a man that was realistic and reminded me a little of my hubby. Men are gross sometimes and sexy at the same time. And men love us when we are gross sometime too. And Bradley loved Colleen when she was mean, gross, happy, sad. (Swoon)) New book boyfriend:)
Jodi Nichols
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read
I picked this book up for free on Amazon and that had to be the best thing I did! I LOVED this book. I was laughing through the entire story!! Colleen and Brad had to be the funniest characters I have ever met in a book. I loved how they could go at each other and still be able to keep their friendship strong. What these two do to each other will have any reader laughing out loud in seconds. Love how this story went and I can't wait to read her next book in this series!
Loren
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First EVER review! I was a little Leary about this book because of the title but when I read the description and saw it was free on amazon I decided to give it a try. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! It was exactly the genre that I enjoy. The characters were well developed and the past relationships were clearly described. I enjoyed the book and read it within a few hours. I actually couldn't go to sleep until I finished it and I will be reading the next book in the series.
Maria
Apr 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is filled with freaking crazies. The heroine is the craziest chick I've ever come across. But at the same time it was kinda funny too and I laughed out loud several times.

Seriously, this book is crazy from start till end, but if you have a juvenile kind of humor like me you might enjoy it anyways.
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
Oil and Vinegar sometimes mix!
Talk about opposites! Endearing story about lifelong friends who truly belong together ... no matter how much they fight and misunderstand each other. Absolutely recommend this book if you want to laugh and enjoy a little spice of life.
What's the Name o...: Romance Boston childhood friends marry drunkenly in Vegas at 35 3 368 May 26, 2020 11:10PM
THIS BOOK WAS GREAT!!! 10 30 Apr 10, 2014 05:01AM

• Night Prey (Lucas Davenport, #6)
  • Mind Prey (Lucas Davenport, #7)
  • The Shadow of Your Smile
  • Infatuation (Underground Kings #4)
  • Melt for Him (Fighting Fire, #2)
  • Obligation (Underground Kings, #2)
  • Distraction (Underground Kings, #3)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • A Man For The Summer
  • The Truth About Numbnuts and Chubbs (NYC Confidential #1)
  • Games of the Heart (The 'Burg, #4)
  • All He Really Needs (At Cain's Command, #2)
  • The Perfect Illusion
  • Hunted
  • Spiral
  • Perfect Chaos (Unyielding, #1)
  • After the Christmas Party...
  • This Time Around (Maybe, #2)
As a child, JC was fascinated by things that went bump in the night. As they say, some things never change. Now, as an adult, she divides her time between the sexy law men, mythical creatures, bad-ass bikers, and kick-ass heroines that live inside her head and her Netflix addiction. JC is a San Francisco Bay Area native, but has also called both Texas and Louisiana home. These days she rocks her f ...more

Men With Badges (2 books)
  • The Switch (Men with Badges, #2)

News & Interviews

“My phone dings and before I can pick it up, it dings several more times. I catch sly grins and snickers in my direction from my 'friends' and I just know that this can not be good. I check my phone to find that there's several updates on Facebook. Oh, no.

[Bradley Patrick is marrier to Colleen Frasier Patrick)]

[Bradely Patrick likes Colleen Frasier Patrick's status]

My eyes grown wide and I see that all of my 'friends' like my status. But I haven't been on Facebook since we left Boston. What the fuck? And why has my name changed!

[Colleen Frasier Patrick is having lunch with 'the hubs' Bradley Patrick]

Who hacked my Facebook account? I glare around at each of them. I can't tell who did it. They all look guilty. I try to log into my account, but the password has been changed. Who changed my password? I know I'm screaming but I can't stop myself. They all burst out laughing.”
4 likes
“What time is it?" Brad stretches, arms still around my waist; and yawns, his breath is blowing in my face. I grimace. He really needs a toothbrush, or a breath mint. Maybe a routine cleaning wouldn't be such a bad idea.” 3 likes