Start by marking “Cross My Heart (Hearts, #5.75)” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart (Hearts, #5.75)

Cross My Heart

(Hearts #5.75)

Iris Garrigan has nothing.

Well, that’s not entirely true. She has her trusty Doc Martin boots. She has her Bowie obsession. And she has the stray cat that sneaks into her bed and keeps her company at night – it’s a quid pro quo relationship. The cat gets a warm body and she gets something alive beside her when she would otherwise be alone.
She also has a job. Sure, washing
ebook, 1st Edition, 94 pages
Published January 31st 2017 by L.H. Cosway

Start your review of Cross My Heart (Hearts, #5.75)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

4 Stars!!

'Cross my Heart' was what I call “the perfect novella” – sweet and sexy, with an engaging story-line and two well portrayed characters. I loved this little gem as much as I loved the previous full length novels in the series, so obviously, I wanted Iris and Liam’s story to be longer. If you are a fan of this series and a fan of opposites attract stories, you don’t want to miss this one.

“I was a glass half full kind of girl. I had to be, otherwise I’d be a hand me the crack pipe

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

photo CMH2_zpsogpcytjz.jpg

I have only read a few LH Cosway books but I am definitely a HUGE fan of hers! My goal this year is to try to ease up on my ARC requests and make some time to read all of this author’s previous books!! CROSS MY HEART was simply FABULOUS!! My only complaint was that it was written as a novella instead of a full-length standalone. I loved the He
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 STARS

[image error]

It’s no secret that I’m a huge L.H. Cosway fan and this novella lead me to wanting and BEGGING for so much more of this couple. Though I’m not sure if that will happen, I’ll have to take this story for what it is. That being said, I adored the hero and the heroine and that darn cat and even David Bowie.

Once again, L.H. Cosway brings fans back into the bosom of the Cross clan and it was pretty terrific being home for this reader.

description

Iris Garrigan is a homeless woman who has be
Karla
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Re read October 2019

4 stars!

Another fantastic addition to the hearts series with "Cross My Heart" the story of Liam and Iris.

description

This was a wonderful story and sweet but also heartbreaking especially for Iris. I loved her I thought she was such a brave girl, a fighter, the things she went through her situation were so heartbreaking. She humbled me, made me think of the things we take for granted. But in all her loneliness and despair she had her imaginary friend David Bowie, I have to say they
Claire Robinson
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Got a problem with the law, little punk?" Stars!

Cross My Heart is another absolutely stellar addition to L. H. Cosway’s Hearts Series. Once again the author took two polar-opposite characters and bring them together flawlessly.

~~~

Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-h...
Kobo: https://w
Dee Montoya
FIVE COLORFUL STARS*****

Short, and simple, but vibrant and full of unstoppable romance; L.H COSWAY style. Cross My Heart is one of those books that was made to conquer your heart, and you won't even have a choice in the matter. By the time you are done reading it, your heart will feel happy and your soul will sing and dance to the tunes of David Bowie. I simply CAN'T GET ENOUGH of the Cross brothers.

photo 470AD48E-E00D-4144-B16C-6092D91CB489_zps1h5sor38.jpg

Iris works as a dishwasher at The Grub Hut, which is Lee Cross's restaurant. She works hard
Samantha Young
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quick, brilliant read from L.H. Cosway, this time delving into the romance of the youngest Cross brother, Liam, and heroine Iris. And Iris is a true heroine. I loved her story for its originality (I haven't as yet come across her particular backstory in romance), its rawness and authenticity. Iris was a wonderful mix of strength and vulnerability. Liam is determined and solid, an alpha-type without being overbearing, and Iris has his complete intense focus (le sigh). As always with a Cosway bo ...more
Jeannine Allison
**NOW AVAILABLE AS A SINGLE TITLE HERE**

5 Stars (Third Read 1/17/2018)

5 Stars (Second Read 6/13/2017)

5 Stars (First Read 2/5/2017)

I may be obsessed...

Still just as awesome, but man, I wish it was longer 😭

So, lemme start by saying that I freaking looooove when one of the main characters is homeless.

description

I have no idea why, but it's one of my favorite tropes <3 I can't recall a single novel I've disliked with this theme and I'm begging authors to write more! Pretty, pretty please!! Also, if anyone
L.H. Cosway
Jan 31, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Heart Series boxset is LIVE everywhere! Get the first four books in the Hearts series, plus the BRAND NEW bonus novella, Cross My Heart for just 99c until the end of today! <3 <3 <3

**PURCHASE LINKS**
Kindle AU
Nook
Kobo
Smashwords

**Please note that the boxset on iBooks does not contain the novella, as it is distributed by a separate publisher there. You can, however, purchase Cross My Heart on its own.**
iBooks (boxset)
iBooks (novella)
Gio Listmaker
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those Who Love David Bowie
Homeless Girl Iris Meets David Bowie

Image result for i

Related image

David Bowie Is Iris's Imaginary Friend Whom She Talks To.....Outloud Where Liam Can Hear Her

Image result for david bowie police gif

Image result for david bowie funny gif

Liam Is An Ex-Criminal Who Became A Cop...Not Sure How That Works

Related image

Most Of The Conversations Occur Between Iris And David Bowie In His Different Personas

Image result for david bowie gif

Liam Feels Like A Side Note In This Romance Taking A Backstage To David Bowie

Image result for david bowie hero gif
Image result for david bowie creative gif

This Book Was A Tribute To David He Will Be Missed

If you

FMABookReviews
OMG WHYYY does Cross My Heart (#5.75) have to be a novella, WHHHYYY? It ended too soon. This little story packed all the punch of a full novel, by L. H. Cosway. It had character development, a bit of angst and steam, and a whole lot of sexual tension.

Homeless and all alone, Iris is struggling to survive. Having been homeless for two years, she's a fighter! And even though she doesn't have much to call her own, her pride will not allow her to take handouts. Resisting help is partly due to her
Dali
Cross my Heart is a beautifully moving romance. It has wonderful blend of hope, sweetness, and love. Perfect from start to finish.

This novella packs a big emotional punch. I think the pacing was just right and it had everything! Iris and Liam’s relationship developed naturally. It was so sweet and touching to know them.
Iris is one tough cookie. I loved her optimism, strength and vulnerability. I must admit I had my doubts about her when she started talking with David Bowie. But then I realiz
Jacqueline
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a shortish, yet perfectly formed, feel good romance with all of the feels.

Iris is 20 and homeless, but working in Lee Cross's kitchen. Lee's little policeman bro Liam sees her and can't stay away.

I loved this so much. Their chemistry put a smile on my face, and for a novella, the romance was pretty slow burn. I loved seeing Iris get what she deserved. And her Bowie obsession was a stroke of genius, so poignant, especially to a fellow Bowie fan (me). Liam was kinda hot in his police unif
Brenna
This little novella packed a huge punch. I expected to enjoy it but I didn't expect for it to affect me as much as it did. At less than 100 pages I felt more than I have with most of the full length novels I read in the last few months. I completely fell in love with both Liam and Iris and felt for them both so much. I even teared up at a couple points and that is extremely unusual for me. Everything Iris had been through with being homeless really hit me and her coping mechanism (view spoiler) ...more
Yodamom
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OM gawd this one made me cry ! Iris what a hard life, she got right to my heart. This was a short one but had so much inside. <3 ...more
Lady Heather
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

**COVER REVEAL**

photo LHCCrossMyHeartCover6x9_BW_MEDIUM-NEW 2.jpg

Cross My Heart, A Hearts Novella (#5.75)
***Special pre-order price of just 99c!***

Hearts of Fire (book #2)
King of Hearts (book #3)
Hearts of Blue (book #4)
 photo LHCCrossMyHeartCover3D1-NEW 1.png

Cross My Heart (bonus novella #5.75)

photo CMH1.jpg

Synopsis

Iris Garrigan has nothing.

Julia's Book Haven
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute quick read, really enjoyed it. And love the cover!
Carvanz

For a novella, this has so much heart, depth and emotion. I’ve never been homeless but this author brought that condition and all the struggle that it entails to life in such a way I felt as though I were experiencing it with Iris. And when Liam begins to reach out to her, I wanted her to jump towards him instead of being careful and withdrawn. But she has been taught to keep to herself and watching him bring her out of the dark and into his light was wonderful.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor

While we
3 Quickie Stars

Liam Cross is a Cop. Iris lives on the street.

When Iris gets a job working for Liam's brother Lee, she lands squarely on his radar. He doesn't know her story, but he really wants to. And when she shows up for work one day nearly blue with cold, he doesn't take no for an answer any more.

Iris doesn't let anyone in, least of all cops.

This is a quick little opposites attract story, with some sweet moments that are endearing. Overall, it lacked the depth I've come to expect from Cos
CeCe
02/01/17 - I liked this one except the scene where they do not use protection. Just because you trust someone, does not mean that they don't have an STD.

I wish it was not a novella.

01/31/17 - I do not really care for the cover. It does not have the HEARTS series feel...
Mel
4.5 stars!!
"Your life is just about to begin, Iris.”

One of the reasons I love L.H. Cosway is because no matter the length of her stories, each and every one of them is packed with emotion. The feels in the novella rival those of full length novels and it's no surprise that she continues to impress.

Cross My Heart features twenty-four year old Liam, the youngest of the Cross brothers. He had a hard childhood and was forced into a life of crime. However, with the support of his family, he turne
Rachel
You can get the Hearts series boxset which comes out January 31st.
There’s a special pre-order price of just 99c.

The Hearts Boxset Bundle includes:
Six of Hearts (book #1)
Hearts of Fire (book #2)
King of Hearts (book #3)
Hearts of Blue (book #4)
Cross My Heart (bonus novella #5.75)

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
Under the Covers Book Blog
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
It is no secret that I love the Hearts series, the whole family it's been revolving around lately, and Ms. Cosway's writing. When I saw that Liam was going to get a story but it would be a novella, I was both excited and disappointed. Excited because, yay we get his story. Disappointed, well, because I'm a greedy bitch and a novella is never enough. But then I read CROSS MY HEART and I have to honestly say I feel that Ms. Cosway did us right and delivered a good solid HEA for Liam Cross in s ...more
Angie
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novella is the story of Liam, the youngest Cross brother and thief turned cop, and Iris, the homeless girl that works as a dishwasher in Lee's restaurant.

Iris aged out of foster care and is doing the best she can with the help of a stray cat and David Bowie. Lee sympathized with Iris's situation and gave her a job. Now Liam has taken an interest in her, as a human being and romantically. He's very compassionate.

Their love story is told quickly, yes, but it was still very sweet. I liked it
M.D. Jerome
Cross My Heart was no epic tale but it was sweet and wholesome which sometimes is what we need, even if we don't always know it.

This story although short took me a while to get through only because I felt L.H. Cosway had cheated Liam out of a book and just couldn't wrap my head around it. I was so excited at the end of Hearts of Blue to get his story but I guess I can't complain a story is a story after all.

I'll keep things short and sweet just like Cross My Heart!

I like the dynamic between L
Alex in Spades
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4,5 Sars

I loved it very much. Iris was an amazing heroine, she was sweet, and a bit broken, and a little crazy. Liam was...oh Liam was, let me tell you...I don't have words. I swooned. He was just perfect (but those Cross brothers will do that to you). I think this is the most accurate quote about him:
"I'm not a saint Iris."

But he was this good, and caring man, who wanted to make this one girl's life better.

Also Lee! I loved him so much in Hearts of Blue, and here I was just reminded how muc
Tori
Cross My Heart is a sweet and sweet quick read that focuses on Liam Cross and the woman who steals his heart-Isis. Told from Iris's point of view, Iris and Liam meet at his brother Lee's restaurant though his being a cop makes her instinctively weary. Homeless, she does the best she can and keeps to herself though the Cross family quickly recognizes a fellow survivor and slowly begins to absorb her into their family. Well written with engaging dialogue and a plausible storyline, Cosway takes her ...more
Ashley
3.75 Sweet Stars

This one was really sweet. Honestly, it was probably too sweet. There was no real climax or turning point in their relationship. It just started w flirting, then came a little trust, then she conveniently moves in with his family, they snuggle some, then they take it to the next level and declare falling for each other. The End.

My primary problem with the book was it was far too short in my opinion to cost $took me about 20 minutes to read it cover to cover. I think $0.99 would
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
This was such a cute and heartwarming novella in a series that has become quite close to my heart – The Hearts Series!

Liam Cross has come a long way from being a delinquent to now being a police constable; but the intensity in the younger brother matches all the older Cross brother, if not exceeding it!

Iris is a homeless young 20-year-old, working in Lee Cross’s restaurant as a washer, a job that she got because Lee understood the meaning of extenuating circumstances and took a chance on her.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Stranger Ranger (Park Ranger, #2)
  • Been There Done That (Leffersbee, #1)
  • Engagement and Espionage (Solving for Pie: Cletus and Jenn Mysteries Series, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • On Dublin Street: The Bonus Material (On Dublin Street, #6.8)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • The Treble With Men (Scorned Women's Society, #2)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Kissing Galileo (Dear Professor, #2)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Baker, #4)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:

Hearts (6 books)
  • Six of Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2)
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Hearts of Blue (Hearts, #4)
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Hearts on Air (Hearts, #6)

News & Interviews

“You’re the sexiest fucking thing I’ve ever seen, do you know that?” he rasped.

“Liam.” His name was a soft plea on my lips.

“What is it, beautiful?” he replied, his gaze worshipful, taking all of me in.

“Kiss me,” I whispered.

I’d barely finished saying the words before his thumb slid away from my lips, and was replaced with his mouth. His hot, sexy, gorgeous mouth. He kissed me like he was dying of thirst. He kissed me like it was the last kiss he’d ever have.”
0 likes
“Liam had just given me an orgasm without even taking his pants off. Or mine for that matter.” 0 likes