Start by marking “Double Up (Davis Way Crime Caper, #6)” as Want to Read:
Double Up (Davis Way Crime Caper, #6)

Double Up

(Davis Way Crime Caper #6)

“Outrageous, outlandish, and impossible to put down.” – Janet Evanovich

On behalf of USA TODAY bestselling author Gretchen Archer and the entire Henery Press crew, welcome aboard flight DOUBLE UP. Fasten your seatbelts for non-stop action as stiff competition blows into town and the resulting turbulence threatens to take down the Bellissimo Resort and Casino in Biloxi, Mis
Published March 21st 2017 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Double Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Up

Susan Boyer
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Double Up was hilarious, as all of Gretchen Archer's books are. There's also a deeper thread as Davis Way adjusts to motherhood, and thoughtful commentary on our growing dependency on technology. I loved this book!
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Once again there is trouble at the Bellisimo, but this time, Davis Way-Cole is not on duty, in fact almost nobody is on duty. Davis is home with her twin baby girls trying to deal with her "Smart House" while the Bellissimo is going under. A new casino has been built three miles away and it seems that whatever the Bellissimo plans, they are one step ahead. They have hardly any customers, they are laying off employees and even the Sanders have jumped ship and gone back to LasVegas. Blaming hersel ...more
Carrie
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun ride. This is the first of the series I've read, but I didn't feel like I missed a beat. The writing is fresh and lively, the characters leap off the page, and the humor is just what I needed to change things up from my usual dark-themed fare. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Judy Lesley
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an e-ARC of this novel through NetGalley and Henery Press. Thank you.

I've read all the books in the Davis Way series and liked some, loved others. This one I liked, but it would be the one I would be most unlikely to ever read again. It just went a little too far in the frantic mode for me even though I will repeat, I liked it. Mostly I liked it because of finding out about the new babies for Davis and Bradley and because Bea Crawford, Davis' ex-ex-mother-in-law, was such a hoot.

This
Meg Mims
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, humor
Holy Smokes. Brilliant. Every which way, Archer delivers -- fast, funny, unpredictable, several laugh out louds, and a twist you never saw coming -- like the bells and whistles of a jackpot. LOVE this series!
Diane Vallere
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Tamara
Review to come closer to pub date.

Quick Thoughts:

After reading The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff, I knew I needed something light and funny. Lucky for me, Gretchen Archer's latest Davis Way book was in my review pile so I settled back in my comfy chair to find out what is happening in Davis's world.

PLENTY is happening.

I knew I was in for a treat, but I really found myself laughing at lots of the lines between Davis and her ex-ex mother-in-law, Bea.

If you are a fan of Davis, you know what kind of
Julie Mulhern
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Davis Way blows it out of the park!

How I love Davis? Let me count the ways. Funny. Smart. The best spy-handler with the worst spy. Ever. Be ready to laugh!
Becky Burciaga
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again Ms Archer has delivered absolute writing genius in her latest Davis Cole, née Way, story. The reader is taken for a roller coaster ride from the opening paragraph as Davis battles her own demons of the eminent demise of the life she, her husband and twin baby girls have known. Blaming herself for all that has befallen the Bellissimo casino, she sets out to right the perceived wrongs, using what has driven all her previous capers, her intelligence, gut and pure tenacity.

Davis takes us
Bree
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How does one read when the book is making them laugh till they cry? Well, this reader had a lot of tissues and of course chocolate. I couldn't stop laughing, I should have abs from how hard this book made me laugh. Sadly, that's another story not a review.

Davis was just introduced to me in this book, and I am quickly reading back through the series to get to know her better. I have never done that before, but this book is so good that I need to read more! I don't think I could wait till the next
Kourtney
One again Gretchen Archer delivers a lightning-fast, fantastically fun read in her Davis Way series. I've read every single one and each one is better than the last one--which is saying a lot because the first book was awesome!

I loved how this book opened 8 months after her twin daughters were born and we meet a new Davis--Mama Davis. Despite her wonderful family, her career with the casino is kaput. Big changes happened and another casino is killing the Bellisimo.

I love all the characters. Read
Toni
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Davis Way starts out the book married to Bradley and fast-forward nine months has twin babies to care for. Needless to say, she is no longer the super casino spy girl and now a full-time mommy.

The first problem that crops up is a new casino is built next door on property previously owned by the Bellissimo. They were told it was supposed to be a football stadium but there was a bit of an illusion since the entire facility was covered until it was revealed and by then it was too late. Davis
Larissa Reinhart
Davis Way has doubled down on babies, personal, and casino troubles in her sixth crime caper. Our intrepid Bellissimo casino security specialist/spy has taken maternity leave at the worst time possible, the Bellissimo is failing at the hands of the newest competition in Biloxi casinos. Davis feels it's her fault and with the help of her ex-ex-mother-in-law, Bea (who's having personal troubles of her own), they set out to uncover is rotten (spoiled shrimp) in Denmark. I mean, Biloxi.

The sixth cap
Marian
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
Gretchen Archer once again delivers with her new Davis Way book. I had a hard time putting it down and, once I was finished, immediately wanted more. Davis Way continues to find herself in the most ridiculous/dangerous situations. I may never eat shrimp again.
Susan
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Davis Way is back. Along with Bradley, Baylor, Fantasy, No Hair, and Bea. Yes, you heard right, Bea! All the laughs and mystery that I've come to expect from Gretchen Archer. She's outdone herself with Double Up. I think this may be my favorite caper yet!

*ARC provided by Netgalley for an honest review.
Debbie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Davis Way. This is my absolute favorite series from Henery Press. I had been thinking that I hadn't had my David (Davis) fix in a while and I was excited to see this one come up in Net Galley. Yay!!

I do have to say though, I thought the baby thing at the beginning was getting a little too much, but just as I thought that Davis came out of the baby cloud and back to the Bellissimo!

As usual, the antics are crazy. The speaker system totally had me cracking up. And in this book, Be
Betty
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cozy, e-books
Double up a play on words. Twin babies! I had trouble getting into the story at first because of all commotion of the smart house. Davis Way is having problems leaving her twin girls. The Bellissimo is about to go belly up because of the nearby casino. Bea Crawford, her ex-mother-in-law shows unexpected. Davis puts her to work as a corporate spy. This doesn't work very good causing few more problems.Will David managed to save the Bellissimo and her home? I recommend this book and series.

Disclosu
Lisa Morin
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Double Up by Gretchen Archer is an entertaining story that will leave you wishing for more.
I am new to this series and I started with book # 6. I immediately caught up with the cast of characters and was able to follow the story without that "lost" feeling.
Davis Way was very easy to relate too, I have twins so I could easily understand the stress & pressure she felt, as well as the lack of sleep.

I love that this story & series is set in a casino. Although I am not one to go to the casino
Eleanor Jones
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Buckle up for hilarity with DOUBLE UP. Just when you thought you couldn't laugh any harder...the topsy-turvy life of Davis Way continues to wind its way into the next phase with this warm and wonderful offering. Old favorite characters are here, albeit at a distance, along with two utterly charming new ones, and the joys of new motherhood are tempered with a sense of impending doom that Davis feels powerless to do anything about. It's also possible she's stuck in a rut, and the last person in th ...more
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
Davis Way Cole is the ex-Secret Super Spy for the Bellissimo Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi. 'Ex' because she's retired - now taking care of two eight-month-old baby girls, Bex and Quinn - while her husband Bradley is left to run what's left of the casino. I say this because there's a new sheriff in town: The Blitz, which has been built right across the river from the Bellissimo, and they've not only taken the Bell's staff, but most of their customers as well. They've become practically a ghost t ...more
Jessica
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Double Up is the sixth book in the Davis Way series and if you haven’t read any of the books in the series, it’s not necessary to enjoy Double Up. I do recommend you start with the first, Double Whammy or at least read, the fifth book, Double Knot so you’ll get an idea of who’s who and what’s going on. That being said, Gretchen Archer does a great job explaining certain events from previous books and of course, nothing I consider to be spoilers.

I thought I knew everything there was to know about
Anam Cara
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Gretchen Archer, where have you been all my life?

I read this book because the name of the author seemed familiar. I thought I might have read something before that I liked. After reading it, I searched my Goodreads list, my kindle library, every place I could think of. No, I had never read anything although I had the first book in this series on my "want to read" list. I am so sorry that I hadn't read it long ago!

This was fantastic! The story was so funny, not at all realistic at times, but hey,
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B01MU9DM31
Reviewed For NetGalley and Henery Press
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 5 Stars

Davis Way Cole is in danger of loosing not only her job and home, but also her sanity. Engrossed with the arrival and care for her new twin daughters she has managed to be overwhelme
Jannelies
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit-mystery
If Gretchen Archer was not already a very good author, someone should have invented her. She knows what we readers need! We need an engaging main character, surrounded by more interesting characters and we need an interesting plot. It sounds all so simple… but it isn’t.
Gretchen Archer comes up with new and funny ways to describe a mother-in-law that isn’t even a real mother-in-law. She comes up with new and funny ways to describe 8-month old baby twins (although I will never, ever get used to t
Cynthia
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves fun and adventure mystery books
This book is the 6th book in this series and in my estimation it is the best so far. The others were wonderful and this one is even more phenomenal. I love the3 writing style of Ms. Archer. The stories are extremely well written and full of unbelievable information that is put forth to make the stories so interesting and exciting to read.

This book gives readers a glimpse into the life of Davis Way Cole, the head of investigation into crime at the Bellissimo Casino in Biloxi. After marrying and
Brenda
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I laughed so hard I had tears. Davis Way Cole is amazing!

With the birth of her twins, Davis takes the role of stay-at-home mom literally - she never leaves her apartment except to walk the twins in their stroller around the penthouse abandoned by Bellissimo owners Richard & Bianca Sanders.

It's been 8 months since Davis gave birth and a competitor casino & resort has opened outside her very window. The Blitz has everything the Bellissimo has and a whole lot more. Staff have jumped to the
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book; this is the sixth book in the Davis Way Crime series written by Gretchen Archer. This book can be read as a standalone but once you read this one you will want to go back and read the other books in this great series. Davis Way Cole, is a super secret spy who lives and works on the twenty-ninth floor of the hotel Bellissimo with her husband and newborn twins. When the hotel is threatened by the competition, and her ex-ex-mother-in-law shows up, unexpected and definitely uni ...more
Kristi | Hidden Staircase |
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery, humor
This is the third Davis Way I’ve read, and the sixth in the series. I really enjoy this series. The characters are just so enjoyable and fun, and always manage to get themselves wrapped up in ridiculous situations. As always, Ms. Archer had me laughing out loud throughout the book. Ms. Archer voices Davis perfectly, and the asides she puts in throughout are so funny. One of my favorite bits in this go-around are the voice-to-text messages Davis receives from her mother.

I will note that this is n
Sherry
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Double Up Deserves 20 Stars!!

The BEST Davis Way book yet! This story is jammed packed with quirky &, what first appears, dysfunctional characters, especially surprisingly Davis. The fairly new mom of twins is a shadow of her former self. With troubles galore at the Bellissimo she teams up with her ex-ex-mother-in-law Bea to try to figure out what the hell is going on with their new neighbors- The Blitz. As the story unfolds it becomes one crazy, hilarious thrill ride after another as it jets
Peggy O'Neill
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing finish

Oh wow! An absolute! What a fantastic finish to Double Up! I'm not writing a description of this book because that is always found on the page where the book can b e purchased. I am here to tell you this book in itself was amazing. After scattering in the wind, Davis' team, including No Hair is back at the end. Davis and Fantasy have a worthy adventure that I was worried I'd miss in this book. I should have known Gretchen Archer wouldn't let me down.
I am so hoping for another futur
  • A Composition in Murder (A Cherry Tucker Mystery #6)
  • Fatal Forgeries (Bodies of Art #4)
  • Diner Knock Out  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #4)
  • Bones to Pick (A Brie Hooker Mystery,  #1)
  • MacDeath (An Ivy Meadows Mystery, #1)
  • The Art of Vanishing (Lila Maclean Academic Mystery #2)
  • Seeds of Revenge (A Greenhouse Mystery, #3)
  • Pot Luck (An Elliott Lisbon Mystery, #4)
  • Murder on a Designer Diet (A Red Carpet Catering Mystery, #3)
  • Embellished to Death (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery, #3)
  • Changing Habits: A Short Story (Giulia Driscoll, #0.5)
  • Tell Me No Lies (An Ava Logan Mystery #1)
Gretchen Archer is a Tennessee housewife, mom of three, grocery-list and mystery writer. She's the author of the Davis Way Crime Caper series.

Davis Way Crime Caper (9 books)
  • Double Whammy (Davis Way Crime Caper, #1)
  • Double Dip (Davis Way Crime Caper, #2)
  • Double Strike (Davis Way Crime Caper, #3)
  • Double Mint (Davis Way Crime Caper, #4)
  • Double Knot (Davis Way Crime Caper, #5)
  • Double Deck the Halls (A Bellissimo Casino Crime Caper, #6.5)
  • Double Dog Dare (A Davis Way Crime Caper, #7)
  • Double Agent (A Davis Way Crime Caper, #8)