Start by marking “Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)” as Want to Read:
Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)

Rattle the Bones

(Vesik #6)

Much has been lost in the conflict with the Fae king and his allies, a conflict we hadn’t known we were in until one of our own fell at his hand. And while a great Seal between realms may have been rebuilt, dark things slipped through in the chaos, creatures who would overrun this world. Our allies are many. Our enemies are terrible. And someone ate my last chimichanga des ...more
Published January 21st 2017

Start your review of Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Rattle the Bones by Eric R Asher
Book 6 of the Vesik series. Urban fantasy. Best read as part of the series.
Damien’s powers are changing as this series continues. Friends and enemies, gods and demons, ghosts and vampires. This book has it all in a clash of fighting for power and survival.
Yes, lots of violence, gore and dark humor.
The narrator does a fantastic job between voices and characters.
Jonathan Wilson
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Crystal Pinson
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
The series continues as does my enjoyment of it. I do feel as if I will be taking a step back to relisten before moving forward. Book 4 and 5 scaled back a bit on the characters and this time they all came back and then some. The narrator does a fantastic job but I was starting to question who was who by the end, haha. This was made a tad more difficult with the battles and those whose alliances were challenged! It is a great series and overall I am enjoying it. I look forward to the reread and ...more
TE
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rattle the Bones is just as awesome as the first 5 books in the series. There is a lot of action, suspense and drama. Damien's powers continue to change and grow and the line between friend and foe is often blurry as the battle continues against the enemies of mankind. Another good read from Eric Asher.

For those who want to know: This one has language, violence and gore.
A.M.
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook, i-own
Betrayal at the worst source has left both the human and the fae worlds reeling.
Falias, the enormous city of the fae, has broken into the human world and crushed out entire cities and millions of lives.
Military strategies are being considered against beings of immortality and magic. And tanks are outgunned when they face off against gods of earth and stone.
(view spoiler)
Soo
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, reviewed
3.5 Stars for Story, 4 Stars for Narration

Mini-Review:

If you enjoy Urban Fantasy, you should check out the Vesik series. I really enjoy the way William Dufris narrated the series. He fits Vesik to a T and does a decent job characterizing the others. Destroyer Rising #5 and this one make a complete story line. It definitely came off as one book chopped into two. There's a lot of action, a deeper glimpse into the Fae, Werewolves and Gods. Fun developments that promise to bloom into big events. Ves
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Audiobook Review
Story 5 Stars
Performance 5 Stars
Overall 5 Stars

Each book in this series is more intense, more rapid paced, and more deadly than the one before it. I am astonished at the mind of Eric Asher! How does he keep it all straight? The sheer number of characters not to mention the intricate back stories of each one. Wow!

The narrator delivers another stellar performance. William Dufris is absolutely amazing. He lends a unique and fascinating voice to each character.
The Vesik Series is han
Ginelle Blanch
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always, this book was absolutely FULL of action. Never a dull moment for these characters. I feel pretty bad for them, on obstacle gets cleared and another immediately arises, I guess that's war for ya!

Full of emotion, camaraderie, and dark humor. Always surprising. I love how these characters aren't merely just friends, they're a very large, very diverse family.

The narrator couldn't possibly be more perfect for this series.

Can't wait to see what adventure the next book brings!
Michele
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
I really hate to write a bad review and this is more me than the series. I have read the first 6 books I the series. For me there are way to many characters in the books. I fond it hard to keep track of them. The stories in each book is full of battles and destruction. I have struggled enough, this is my last book in the series.
Cheryl
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent well written story! Damian and friends are fighting a war and they have many friends some which are new and many enemies. You will meet some unusual friends and learn about past sacrifices and betrayals. Read and enjoy as I am ready to read the next book, “Witch Queen’s War”.
Eric Evans
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I didn't like this as much as previous books. The story was good, characters even better it just didn't click with me like the previous ones. The aftermath of the betrayal is great along with fae vengeance. ...more
Susan Oconnell
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love these.

I really do love this series. It's that combination of dark and funny that makes these books so enjoyable .
Angie Garcia
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't get enough. Just purchased the final in the series. I'm a little disappointed because it's s only 271 pages though. Regardless they are all fantastic!!!!! ...more
James Learman
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
not a bad book, getting a little repetitive on the battles. starting to feel like its getting stretched out
Daniel Katz
May 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't know why I came back for this one after my experience with rereading the series since it had been a while for book 4, but the same issues popped up. I'm done with this series. ...more
Jasmine Breeden
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Action packed

Have to wonder when they'll get a break. Interesting mix of characters. Wish there were more explanations of some stuff but interesting
Barbara Sykeshaha
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Lots of action with fae, vampires, werewolves, mages, witches, stones, water witches (undines). Start with book 1 in this series, read in chronological order.
Dionus Jones
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Intense Action

What an unstoppable force of writing action! I so want to be Damian. His clumsiness only endears him to me more. Fighting for those you love too is an admirable trait. Wrap this series all up with magic, Faeries, blood witches and more, you've a reader-for-life. I can't wait for the next book in this series! Please don't make me wait too long.
Wendy Schindler
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Highest praise for the 6th installment in the Vesik Series!!!

Eric R Asher is a wonderful storyteller with an out of this world imagination! You get to go on adventures with Necromancers, Witches, Vampires, Werewolves, Titans, Seelie and Unseelie Fae, Undines, Cu-Siths, Old Gods and more!
Get the book - or books if you haven't already read them - now!
Jim
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic series

This series has me hooked. Just when you think it can't get bigger and better, it does. I am glad that it sticks with the main character and doesn't spend time writing from everyone's point of view. But that there are also tons of supporting characters so there is so much going on.
Susan
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Rattle the Bones is the sixth book in the Vesik series. This can be read as a standalone, but I highly suggest you read the books in order so you understand the entire background story since it starts where the previous book ends. While it does not end in a traditional cliffhanger, it is clear the story doesn't end here. There is a lot of violence and gore so 18+.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat that all of that info here. This story continu
PortlandAvidReader
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Eric Asher just keeps getting better. Love the whole Vesik series. Modern urban sword & sorcery. The levels of deceit and treachery are just delicious.
kimmile
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good story

This book has characters you care about, and a good story. I didn't want the story to end. I want more Vesik and crew!
Heather
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This world still holds such a draw for me, the new arcs - new characters and new places. The growth of the older characters added in with the introduction to the new and the changes to what we once believed. Eric Asher continues to weave a tale that holds the reader’s attention from the beginning pages to the end. Always mixing in humor with action and sarcasm with wit. This series has moved from being a "let’s see what it is" to a "must buy" or "pre-order" status with me - and I haunt audible w ...more
Angela
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's always bittersweet to read a Vesik novel. I'm so excited for the next adventure and I devour the book. Then I'm sad because I have to wait for more! It is so hard to read these books slowly because there is so much happening that you get caught up in the story and the next thing you know, it's over. I love all the characters and all the surprises that Eric Asher builds in. This has quickly become one of my favorite series. Right up there with The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. ...more
Ruby McDemon
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
I've really come to love this series and this is another book that proves why. There is a great sense of humor mixed in with the seriousness and some awesome action and even a little bit of romance. I've loved listening to William narrate with his many voices and how real he makes the story become. As I've listened I've really gotten the feelings of the world and it just makes me love the story even more. I've no clue where this conflict is going but I do know I'm loving every moment of it. ...more
Shane Benson
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great edition

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and this book is no exception. And the author becomes a better writer with each book. Dialogue and character development have come a long way. I look forward to this series continuing for a long time.
Ms Helen K Flack
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent adventure as usual, well worth reading.

Followers of the series won't be disappointed. Up to the standard of the earlier books in the series. Familiar characters show new sides. Vesik and friends take the story on further. Unputdownable and can't wait for the next one!
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Left me wanting more

Good book, with some grammatical errors. Definitely worth reading. Make sure you have read the first five books, otherwise you won't know who's who.
Jamie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Another great book in the Vesik series! Can't wait for the next one :) ...more

• Savage
  • Druid Vengeance (Colin McCool #7)
  • Druid's Due (Colin McCool, #8)
  • Druid Mystic (Colin McCool #10)
  • Druid Apprentice (Colin McCool #9)
  • Druid Arcane (Colin McCool #11)
  • Trinity (Feathers and Fire, #9)
  • Power Game (Prof Croft #6)
  • Druid Master (Colin McCool #12)
  • Legend (The Temple Chronicles, #11)
  • Druid Enforcer (Colin McCool #6)
  • Midnight Blood (Harbinger P.I. #6)
  • Underground Druid (Colin McCool #4)
  • Faerie Storm (Harbinger P.I., #8)
  • Moonlight Druid (Colin McCool #3)
  • Ascension (Nate Temple Chronicles #13)
  • Twilight Heart (Harbinger P.I., #7)
  • Graveyard Druid (Colin McCool #2)
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)
  • The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)

News & Interviews

Nature, in Her infinite awesomeness, can provide solace even when you’re stuck in the house. As a matter of fact, the numbers suggest that...
“the fairy,” 0 likes
“I watched the road as the sun fell lower in the sky, and the vampire god beside me nobly scarfed down a slider.” 0 likes