Start by marking “I Have Never (First Comes Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Have Never (First Comes Love, #2)

I Have Never

(First Comes Love #2)

Twenty-nine-year-old Blair Walker is a girl with a plan, or more a girl with a list. A list of dos and don'ts to live the perfect life, land a dream career, and marry Mr. Right.

When Blair loses her job and gets dumped by her boyfriend all in one day, she starts to wonder if she's had it all wrong. And what better way to find out than experience everything the list forbade
Published July 13th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesEasy by Tammara WebberThoughtless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen Hoover
I AM IN LOVE !!!
3,588 books — 6,231 voters
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaBridget Jones's Diary by Helen FieldingSomething Borrowed by Emily GiffinThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Chick-Lit (fiction)
2,208 books — 4,698 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of I Have Never (First Comes Love, #2)
Camilla Isley
What if being a bad girl was better? When her life falls apart, Blair sets out to tackle all the don'ts one her be-good list...

Kobo

I had so much fun writing this book... I hope you'll chuckle as much reading it.
Whispering Stories
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blair Walker is having one hell of a day, she has just been gazumped for the job she has been working hard towards for years, by someone who bought their way to the top. She is then fired from the job she was currently doing, and then her boyfriend of three years, takes her to dinner, and dumps her for another woman.

Down on her look she takes to the local bar, where after reading a list of 15 items she was told never to do, she decides it’s time to cross them off one by one, starting with ‘Never
Ayesha
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, 2017, arc

I've never tried to review an arc before because I thought it was an urban legend that you had to ALWAYS give them five stars. Still don't know if its true or not but I needed some motivation to get back to reviewing and I guess it's kind of working?

So about the book. It ss rather cute(plus points from me) until that thing happened. The main dude slept with my main girl's nemesis after they had started making googly eyes at each other. But still the rest of the book was so swoon worthy (another
☽•☾-Ari
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 totally had me chuckling stars

Read my entire review here on my blog Readin' Under Street-Lamps.

Blair Walker’s carefully planned out life burns down to the ground when she loses her job, and her boyfriend of three years leaves her for his secretary, all on the same day. *cue eyeroll* Deciding to throw all her rules in the air, and finally enjoying life, her new plan of action is doing exactly opposite of what her list states.

And thus begins a really hilarious and heart-warming tale of a woman f
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My smile didn't leave my face for the entirety of I Have Never, which is essentially Blair Walker attempting to do the opposite of all the rules she has lived behind for her life. However after one disastrous day where Blair loses both boyfriend and job, she starts to think she may need to change her life philosophies.

What follows is hilarious, especially the scene when she wakes up the next morning after her awful day. Every chapter is subtitles with a different item from Blair's list which is
Ezinwanyi
Review posted at The Chaise and Lounge Blog

This audiobook was easy to follow and was a fun listen until I got the end. It was a happy ending but it reinforced that office romances can never remain secret and can make the workplace tense when there is a disharmony.

Blair Walker was a girl who followed all of society rules of how a refined lady should behave. Living by that good girl code led her to losing her dreams to another who was willing to use all in her arsenal to get what she wanted. So Bl
Bookworm
Jan 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
I realized that this book was not for me about a third of the way through. As a result, I ended up skimming most of it. Characters are one note and plot is way too predictable. Lacked the emotional depth I need in a contemporary romance. Reminded me of a B rated chick flick that works if you’re half asleep.
Amy
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

4.5/5

Last year I read the first book in this series, Love Connection and I adored it! While you can easily read I Have Never as a standalone, there are characters from the first book in this one as well. Plus, Isley has the unique ability to come up with a totally fresh premise for her books that is always so much fun, why would you wanna miss out?!

Blair is the ideal chick lit heroine, she's sweet, a little sassy and hilarious. When her perfec
Jypsy
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Have Never is the story of Blaire. This is a woman who has always lived by a set of rules. But, even the rules can't stop her life from falling apart. When everything goes wrong, Blaire decides no more rules. She tries new and different things. The results are funny and charming. The story is a great romcom style read. It's well written and engaging. Blaire is intelligent, strong and independent. The lesson here is to just live. Don't worry about rules because, whatever happens, the rules won' ...more
Emma
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm reading the series backward, but it doesn't really matter as each story is self-contained and focuses on a different couple.

I loved this story so much, it had everything: A bucket list,but done in reverse (meaning Blair had a list of things not to do and suddenly decides to break bad and do them all), an office romance with a dishy boss, a cute puppy, a wonderful protagonist, and the best friends--and enemies. Also I love the game never have I ever and the way it was used as base narrative
Amber
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this eBook from the author, publisher, and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

When Blair Walker loses her boyfriend and job all in the same day, things don't turn out too well. It is only when her Never do list turns out to become her good luck charm giving her a new job and more. Is it all too good to be true or will she find love from it too? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was a pretty good romantic comedy women's fiction book. I laughed, smil
Kate R
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This was a super quick, cute read that I really liked. I laughed out loud so many times in this book! This was my first read by the author and will not be my last. It is the second book in the First Comes Love series, but it’s a standalone. I haven’t read the first one and still enjoyed this one.

I would probably qualify this more as a chick lit book. It’s not my usual genre and I haven’t read one in a few years, so I don’t remember if this is normal but, there was not a lot of descriptions or
ItaPixie
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars

I've read I Have Never in one sitting,it's the perfect story for a lazy Sunday.

Camilla Isley did it again,she quickly became one of my favorite chick lits authors.I enjoy her writing,the effortless flow of her words,the interesting plot and the lovely characters.

I loved our heroine,Blair,she could appear as a "princess" but she is also strong enough to take her life in her hands and try to be happy even if this means to go against everything she has ever thought.

Copy kindly provided by the Pu

Gemma Miller
Read this book in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.

What I particularly loved was that this book was a "Bucket List" in reverse. Imagine you have a list of things you know you shouldn't be doing... and then all of a sudden you don't care anymore about what's proper and do everything you shouldn't. LOL the results were hilarious.

Blair was fantastic! She was full of heart and sass...

I want to adopt a puppy right away (and also a Richard, please!)

Friendship, love, Hollywood celebrities, corporat

Camilla
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Confession time: I totally grabbed this book because of the cover. I love the style, the colors, the whimsy. It makes me smile just looking at it. Yes, it seems that I’m suffering from an extreme case of cover love!

But the inside is just as delightful. I grinned through most of the story, except for those moments when I was holding my breath to see what Richard was going to do. Blair’s narrative voice is hilarious, snarky, and relatable. And let’s just talk about the romantical tension for a sec
Danny
Ok... The first thing I need to say and the thing that caught my eye the most was that this was not a story that circled only on the romance and "insta-love" thing. I really liked that Blair was really focused on her career and loved what she did.
The first chapters are full of her getting back on her feet and snatching successful jobs and ideas for the new magazine. This was really awesome. She was determined and focused on creating a magazine department from the ground up.
The romance was built
Boundless Book Reviews
Blair has an amazing job and an amazing boyfriend. One day is all it takes to lose both. She finds herself following a list of things to never do and when she decides to change her life, she begins to go against everything on that list. She soon gets a new job and she begins to fall for her boss, Richard, a man completely against relationships and commitment. This is not a good thing for Blair, but maybe life can change for the better.

I loved this book. It was such a fun, dramatic, and yes, a l
Leah
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Camilla Isley has quickly become one of my favourite Chick Lit writers. Her style, her plots, her fabulous characters, they all add up to pretty fantastic reads - and quick ones, too! I didn't plan to devour I Have Never in pretty much one sitting, but I did and I don't regret it. I loved Blair, and Richard, and Chevron the dog (oh, did I love Chevron the dog!) and I loved that after her firing (redundancy?) and her break-up, Blair decided to tear up her old list, of ways a lady should act at al
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

I am a HUGE, HUGE fan of Camilla Isley's novels so as soon as I found out that I could read her newest one, AND be part of her blog tour, I felt like all my birthdays had come at once! Just like Ms.Isley's other novels, 'I Have Never' is another novel which has you thinking 'this sounds familiar!' by the end of the first chapter (also known as - super relatable).

Blair has always been the type of girl to stick to a list

Charanya
Reading it again, the last few chapters still give me goosebumps. The chemistry and the swoon factor at a high, like always with Camilla's books!

Wonderful book - warm characters with heart! Having read the first two books in the series back to back, I felt terrible for Richard in the first and was so glad he met his match in this one

I loved that there were no unnecessary obstacles and Blair was a true no-nonsense heroine with her head always in the game. I loved this one more than the first! Cam
Ishita
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
How would you react after going through the worst day of your life? Well, the most sorted thing to do is probably make a “sensible” To-Do list and re-evaluate. But, for Blair, who has always carried and meticulously lived by an actual list of Do’s and Don’ts on paper, this is an opportunity to put the list through a figurative shredder.

I loved the premise as soon as I read the synopsis because I thought it was a pretty cool idea to use the oft-employed idea of “bucket-list” but with a twist. It
Alison
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m a fan of Camilla Isley so I was fairly confident I would be in for a treat with I Have Never and oh boy was I right. I think I giggled out loud quite a few times in this book all at poor Blair’s expense.

Blair Walker thinks life is all mapped out and perfect, late twenties, great job, perfect boyfriend then wham .. the job and the boyfriend are gone so what can she do next!?

She has always lived by rules and has a list of things not to do in order to have a good life .. so what will happen if
Marivi Sanz
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading (and enjoying) "Love connection", I decided to read the second book in the series, "I have never". Though it can be read as a stand alone book, it follows the story of a character from the first book, Richard, the guy left at the altar by the protagonist.

Blake Walker wakes up one day excited about the brilliant prospects before her: she's going to get promoted at work, and her boyfriend is going to propose that night. But somehow, that perfect day turns into the perfect nightmare,
Paula Figueira
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't even express my love for this book right now! I read it in only a few hours, because it is so catchy that I couldn't stop reading it, it fascinated me in every way.
I think the writing of the writer and the division of the chapters are magnificent.
The way of living life presented in this book is very different from what we are accustomed to, but it is the right way and it is how we should all look at life because we often let ourselves be limited by our fears and we are not truly happy.
Th
victoria_tonks
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good. I enjoyed the story very much, along with its unexpected twists (yay!). I also liked Blair a lot, and her canine companion was too adorable for words. I have some minor quibbles, such as (view spoiler) but other than that, it was a great story. And now I have to go back to Book 3 to re-read some parts regarding this book's couple which I kin ...more
David Rose
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie, romance, comedy
Chuckle-out-loud RomCom. (Real men do not giggle.)

What it says on the cover. Nicely constructed quick-paced comedy romance with an adult tone and wonderful wit. Richard is a Hunk (I'm a man and even I can tell how tasty he is!) Blair is a height-sensitive New York redhead with recent wounds that make her understandably hair-triggered. Her decision to throw out her rulebook for life begins with getting drunk and staggers on with increasing chuckles from there. This was great fun and very satisfyi
Come_read_with_me_
5 stars
This is my first book from Camilla Isley, and it wont be the last.
I loved this book!
Blair lives her life through a series of "rules", but when her boyfriend of three years breaks up with her the same week she loses her job Blair loses her temper and decides no more rules!
I love the concept of this book, it's so funny and lovable. I loved the work dynamic between the characters and their banter.
Thank you to netgalley for providing this article in return of an honest review.
Rachel McMillan
This is a case of the voice, setting and heroine working really well for me but the trope not being a favourite.

Just a personal preference and no reflection on the author or story, but the woman falling for boss thing and pursuing a romantic relationship that intersects with personal ambition just isn't totally my thing.

I felt that the story had a bit of a Shopaholic thing going on: what with the boss being enamoured with a competitor of the heroine from a previous job.

Alongside a gorgeously se
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Audiobooks: I Have Never by Camilla Isley 38 103 Sep 20, 2018 06:51AM

• No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea #3)
  • Faking Under the Mistletoe
  • The Great Ex-Scape
  • The Little Vintage Carousel by the Sea
  • When Polly Met Olly
  • It Had To Be You
  • The Plan (The Creek Water Series, #3)
  • The First Date
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Ten Things My Cat Hates About You
  • Shortcake
  • Desperately Ever After (Desperately Ever After, #1)
  • The Event (The Creek Water Series, #1)
  • Walk of Shame
  • The Move (The Creek Water Series, #2)
  • The Prenup
  • The Princess Problem
Camilla is an engineer turned writer after she quit her job to follow her husband on an adventure abroad.
She's a cat lover, coffee addict, and shoe hoarder. Besides writing, she loves reading--duh!--cooking, watching bad TV, and going to the movies--popcorn, please. She's a bit of a foodie, nothing too serious. A keen traveler, Camilla knows mosquitoes play a role in the ecosystem, and she doesn't

First Comes Love (7 books)
  • Love Connection
  • A Christmas Date (First Comes Love #3)
  • To the Stars and Back (First Comes Love #4)
  • From Thailand with Love (First Comes Love #5)
  • You May Kiss the Bridesmaid (First Comes Love #6)
  • Sweet Love and Country Roads (First Comes Love #7)