Start by marking “Unshakeable” as Want to Read:
Unshakeable

Unshakeable

Market corrections are as constant as seasons are in nature. There have been 30 such corrections in the past 30 years, yet there's never been an action plan for how not only to survive, but thrive through each change in the stock market.

Building upon the principles in Money: Master the Game, Robbins offers the reader specific steps they can implement to protect their inve
Published February 28th 2017 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Unshakeable, please sign up.
Akhil This book, while it takes examples from the US markets regularly, focuses on outlining principles that are applicable to investing in general. No matt…moreThis book, while it takes examples from the US markets regularly, focuses on outlining principles that are applicable to investing in general. No matter which market you are investing in, understanding and following the ideas presented in this book will is bound to make you a better investor.(less)

Start your review of Unshakeable
Tai Tai
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are 3 types of people in this world:
1. people who make things happen
2. people who watch things happen
3. and people who wonder "what the hell happened??”

Unfortunately, Tony has written this book for the 2nd type of person, who (IMO) if they follow his advice, will awaken as the 3rd type of person. I had read nearly all of Tony's work. And I'm sad to say, he went from "Awakening the Giant Within" to penning two books on money for a sleeping, lumbering, lazy-ass Rip Van Winkle. This book i
Lorilin
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't very familiar with Tony Robbins until I watched a documentary about him on Netflix called I Am Not Your Guru. Yowza, that thing is crazy! I went from seeing Robbins as slightly weird and cheesy to seeing him as, well, still slightly weird but also...intriguing. I mean, the guy has presence, straight up. You can't help but be drawn to him. And he has interesting things to say in a unique way. That documentary definitely put him on my radar.

So I saw this book and decided to give it a read
Baron Deschauer
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tony-robbins
I haven't read anything from Tony Robbins for a long time. This 'reading' was an audio book that I enjoyed while walking. The subject matter can be reduced to a few sentences (save 10-15% of your wealth; start saving when you are young, and remain disciplined; invest your monies in a low transaction-cost index tracker fund). But this is not a spoiler. The above is standard for any investment book. What Robbins does is bring a passion to his subject that is inspiring. I enjoyed the snippets of ch ...more
Eric Williamson
Dec 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
IMHO... What I learned reading this book... 1. Invest in index funds, 2. Do so by using a Tony Robbins affiliate. This book is an advertisement for one of his companies. Not unshakeable, more... unscrupulous.
Mariano
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Motivating but not as informative as expected.

Far too many "success and fail stories" but little relevant information about investment and markets. He refers a lot about his previous book (basically you "must" buy it to really get the secret to financial freedom) so that means you won't get it here.
Half the book is about his billionaire friends successfully managing funds overseeing billions and their philanthropic missions, but no technical analysis and real examples to learn from.

Long story sh
Philomathory
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A few years ago, I read "Money: Master the Game" a beast of a book, clocking in at over 600 pages. I love this book, as it is filled with a plethora of information for the financially minded. It explains concepts from the simple to the complex and gives a range of options for diversifying your portfolio.

But since not everyone tingles with excitement at the thought of reading a(nother) personal finance book, I'm glad that Tony is back with a simpler version. "Unshakeable" deals with this idea tha
ScienceOfSuccess
Jul 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: waiting
First of all let me tell you, this book is free! I mean "all money" goes to charity so no bitching about poor content!

This masterpiece is 50% "Money master the game" promoting brochure, 30% scarcity with the promotion of some firms and funds that are the only good solution to all human problems, and 20% usual Tony Robbins "be a good man, feel good, you can do it... "

Please don't waste your time on this one.

Bartosz Majewski
Feb 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Unfortunately Tony didn't mention in his marketing that this book is essentially a summary of Money: master the game and should not be bought by people who have read it. I did read money: master the game and enjoyed it very much so got zero value out of Unshakeable. If you've already read Money: Master the game this book has no value to you. If you haven't my suggestion is to read the original which is longer and much more detailed. ...more
Ahn Mur
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it

EDIT: Though I still enjoyed Unshakeable and would recommend it, I recently read I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi and it was everything I wanted Unshakeable to be.
Sethi's book gave me the concrete strategies and specific details I needed to implement the ideas Tony talks about in Unshakeable.

Ended up handing this off to a friend after finishing it because I think it's a good way to start thinking about investing if you're totally green to it. Tony Robbins's work is engaging, clear, an
Sara
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you don't want to devote the time to reading Robbins's "Money: Master the Game" (it's over 600 pages), consider reading this much more concise companion volume. This book is a great primer for learning the basics of finances/investing and applying them in practical ways. The stats quoted throughout the book are surprising and uniquely informative. (Although we live in scary and uncertain times, that's no excuse to not still plan for the future by gathering data and making educated decisions.) ...more
Wendy
I am weak when it comes to understanding how financial markets work. This audiobook helped me understand the concepts presented. I highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting out investing, or just wants to learn more. I will be purchasing a print version as a reference.
Ion Bargan
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great advices for building an unshakeable financial freedom. I really liked the information that during the last 100 years in the economy there were always ups and downs and that's why you don't need to postpone some of your investments and business ideas. "Winter is coming..." principle is also very powerful. We need to prepare ourselves for harder times that might come. At the end of the book, Tony Robbins and Peter Mallouk are talking about how to protect yourself and your family. One of my f ...more
Diego Leal
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Must invest in Index funds ASAP.
Pierre
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a decent book to pick up if you haven't heard of Tony Robbins and you want to see what all the fuss is about before you start reading his behemoth financial advice manual, Money - Master the Game. However, if you have read that 600-page brick, or if you have a decent grasp of personal finance, you won't find much in here that you didn't already know.

The majority of the wisdom imparted in its 200-odd can be distilled into three tips:

- Only by investing into the stock market (becoming a
Hani
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I like anything published by Tony and I have spent a lot of money on his books and courses. Second, the book is giving a very good advices on investment , saving and wealth mindset.
The author is experienced in personal development. So, he mentioned that the most important thing is fulfillment and gratitude as most of us think that more money will give them more joy or solve all of their problems. In my opinion this is true because many wealthy people are not happier and sometimes
Paige Gordon
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I loved Tony's first finance book (Money Master the Game), I will admit that he did get a bit wordy at times. It was a great book, but it just wasn't accessible to the average reader because of it's length. Unshakeable fixed that issue. Distilling down all the most essential facts from MMG and adding some really interesting things that Tony's learned since then, Unshakeable is a must read for anyone looking to gain a better understanding of the financial world and how they should go abo ...more
Bibliovoracious
I'm on the fence what I think about this. Detailed guide to investing - true. Advertising for investment product Tony owns? True. Ghost-written, with some expletives to mimic Tony's style - true. Rooted in a genuine desire to do good and help people? True.

Encompassing the real big picture instead of the myopic "under capitalism we will have limitless endless expansion" worldview? False.
NormaCenva
This is a book that is geared specifically for the US audience. And a lot of it is not applicable (finance wise) for me as a UK resident. However, I did enjoy it. One of the main things in the book that was helpful was the explanations of the mindset needed to succeed in building your financial independence.
Jeff
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unshakeable is the sequel to one of my favourite personal finance books: Money Master the Game. While there isn't a ton of new material in the sequel (most of it is a condensed version of Money), the added content is what I appreciated the most and sets Tony apart from other finance gurus - his complete understanding of the psychology required for successful investing. The principles and prescriptive methods within enable stress-free, risk-mitigated investing.
-fees rob your income
-do not underes
Chris
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The market can be volatile, but if you stay with it and don't panic when times get bad, you usually turn out okay. Good times almost always follow bad times in the world of investing. Bull markets follow bear markets, etc. This seems to be the core thesis of the book. As I'm a millennial who came into my 20s when the stock market was in deep, deep trouble, and thus I thought investing was bad/too risky, this was valuable to learn. I also liked his insight into investment advisors, brokers, and o ...more
Jay Pruitt
Unshakeable covers some general topics for those seeking to build a nest egg. In many respects, I'd say the philosophy espoused can be summed up as "buy and hold index funds". The idea here being that the stock market goes up and down, and those trying to "time" their entry and exit are likely to "buy high and sell low" rather than "buy low and sell high". I can understand the reasoning behind this philosophy, but I believe (particularly today) that there is an inherent danger in following this ...more
Richard Mulholland
This is 4 star if you live in North America, a 3.5 if you live anywhere else. Worth the time for sure
Austin Luca
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Think about a self-made billionaire, and imagine that they have "money-knowledge" of 100%. Pretend as if they are the best in the world, and that nobody knows more about growing wealth than that person does.

Now imagine somebody diving deeper and deeper into debt, blaming everything and anything but themselves for their problems. Pretend that this person is the worst in the world when it comes to knowledge about money, and assign that person a money-knowledge score of 0%.

When it comes to this s
Solamita
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of Tony's work and I was very excited to read this book. However, throughout the entire book the author is referring to his "Money: Master the Game", meaning that to get the full picture regarding actual investment and financial planning you would need to read that one too, because you won't find much here. Also, although I don't mind this too much, but at some places the advertisement for one of Robbins affiliate companies is a little bit too obvious.

The biggest part of "Unshakea
Margaret Lozano
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a solid introduction to personal finance and investing that I wish everyone would read. I think financial education intimidates a lot of people. As a result, they end up falling for get rich quick charlatans (Rich Dad, anyone?) who advise them to pour all their resources into a dubious asset class (penny stocks, real estate, gold, bitcoin) and watch the money roll in.

I was a little surprised by how sound the advice in this book is! I expected Robbins (a motivational guru) to be overconf
Lee Klein
Bought this a year ago but only read it as the coronavirus started ravaging the market. I like Tony Robbins (first exposed to him in the documentary "I Am Not Your Guru," although he was also in "Shallow Hall") and listened to the Unshakeable podcast and Tony Robbins' podcast a few years ago while training for a marathon. Irritating writing style, always telling you he's going to tell you something amazing in the next section, and then the next section leads you on a bit too. Basically lots of p ...more
Nora Phoenix
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
As much as I love reading my romances, every now and then I like to read something else as well, especially when it's a book that will help me improve my life. I came across this book in my local library and decided to give it a try. I'm not a huge Tony Robbins fan, but hey, it's a free read, right?

I have to say, I really liked the book. It's practical, down-to-earth advice for folks like me who aren't financial experts. I learned a thing or two about investing, fees, taxes, and lots of other s
Phillip Boardman
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chapter 9 all the way to the last page (231) is worth it!
Chapters 1-8 are good but sound familiar and nothing new for the most part, as compared to what Dave Ramsey teaches in his more simplistic and better book= The Total Money Makeover.
Thank you.
Alejandro Sanoja
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great "personal finance" book. It covers all the fundamental elements that are needed to build wealth.

If you don't like finance and numbers, but you still understand that these are important aspects in living a life of abundance, this is the book for you.

If you want to go deeper, I'd recommend "A Random Walk Down Wall Street". Yet, Tony's book does a great job of explaining everything you need to know to achieve financial freedom.

Flow: 4/5, it flows well.

Actionability: 5/5, filled w
Tadas Talaikis
Jul 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-s
OK, 2% of this and I already know what it's about. 1) A remake of everything I have already read from the source intact. 2)The remakes I have tired offf. 3) The remakes for the purpose of what? To make more money. 4) The remakes always lose the point that can be only discovered through long hours of sources. 5) America is instant nation that believes in instant things, why then don't work anymore? 6) WTF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IOZ8..., dropped it ;-D

P.S. Why I hate Tony Robbins? Here's

• Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
  • I Will Teach You to Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works
  • Principles: Life and Work
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • The Little Book of Common Sense Investing: The Only Way to Guarantee Your Fair Share of Stock Market Returns
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money (with a Little Help from My Dad)
  • Unleash the Power Within: Personal Coaching to Transform Your Life!
  • Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too
  • The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
  • The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy
  • The 4-Hour Workweek
  • The Path: Accelerating Your Journey to Financial Freedom
  • The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success
  • Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
For more than 30 years Tony Robbins' passion has been helping people BREAK THROUGH and take their lives to another level -- no matter how successful they already are -- in the areas that matter most: their business, personal finance, intimate relationships, families, careers and health.

Tony Robbins has helped more than 50 million people from more than 100 countries transform their lives and their

News & Interviews

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...
“I can tell you the secret to happiness in one word: progress.” 16 likes
“People love to say that knowledge is power. But the truth is that knowledge is only potential power” 6 likes