Start by marking “Unshakeable” as Want to Read:
Unshakeable

Unshakeable

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  5,121 Ratings  ·  478 Reviews
Market corrections are as constant as seasons are in nature. There have been 30 such corrections in the past 30 years, yet there's never been an action plan for how not only to survive, but thrive through each change in the stock market.

Building upon the principles in Money: Master the Game, Robbins offers the reader specific steps they can implement to protect their inve
Published February 22nd 2017 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Unshakeable, please sign up.
Akhil This book, while it takes examples from the US markets regularly, focuses on outlining principles that are applicable to investing in general. No…moreThis book, while it takes examples from the US markets regularly, focuses on outlining principles that are applicable to investing in general. No matter which market you are investing in, understanding and following the ideas presented in this book will is bound to make you a better investor.(less)

Lorilin
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't very familiar with Tony Robbins until I watched a documentary about him on Netflix called I Am Not Your Guru. Yowza, that thing is crazy! I went from seeing Robbins as slightly weird and cheesy to seeing him as, well, still slightly weird but also...intriguing. I mean, the guy has presence, straight up. You can't help but be drawn to him. And he has interesting things to say in a unique way. That documentary definitely put him on my radar.

So I saw this book and decided to give it a read
Tai Tai
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are 3 types of people in this world:
1. people who make things happen
2. people who watch things happen
3. and people who wonder "what hell happened??”

Unfortunately, Tony has written this book for the 2nd type of person, who (IMO) if they follow his advice, will awaken as the 3rd type of person. I had read nearly all of Tony's work. And I'm sad to say, he went from "Awakening the Giant Within" to penning two books on money for a sleeping, lumbering, lazy-ass Rip Van Winkle. This book is fo
Baron Deschauer
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tony-robbins
I haven't read anything from Tony Robbins for a long time. This 'reading' was an audio book that I enjoyed while walking. The subject matter can be reduced to a few sentences (save 10-15% of your wealth; start saving when you are young, and remain disciplined; invest your monies in a low transaction-cost index tracker fund). But this is not a spoiler. The above is standard for any investment book. What Robbins does is bring a passion to his subject that is inspiring. I enjoyed the snippets of ch ...more
Mariano
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Motivating but not as informative as expected.

Far too many "success and fail stories" but little relevant information about investment and markets. He refers a lot about his previous book (basically you "must" buy it to really get the secret to financial freedom) so that means you won't get it here.
Half the book is about his billionaire friends successfully managing funds overseeing billions and their philanthropic missions, but no technical analysis and real examples to learn from.

Long story sh
Philomathory
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A few years ago, I read "Money: Master the Game" a beast of a book, clocking in at over 600 pages. I love this book, as it is filled with a plethora of information for the financially minded. It explains concepts from the simple to the complex and gives a range of options for diversifying your portfolio.

But since not everyone tingles with excitement at the thought of reading a(nother) personal finance book, I'm glad that Tony is back with a simpler version. "Unshakeable" deals with this idea tha
Eric Williamson
Dec 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
IMHO... What I learned reading this book... 1. Invest in index funds, 2. Do so by using a Tony Robbins affiliate. This book is an advertisement for one of his companies. Not unshakeable, more... unscrupulous.
Wendy
I am weak when it comes to understanding how financial markets work. This audiobook helped me understand the concepts presented. I highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting out investing, or just wants to learn more. I will be purchasing a print version as a reference.
Sara
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you don't want to devote the time to reading Robbins's "Money: Master the Game" (it's over 600 pages), consider reading this much more concise companion volume. This book is a great primer for learning the basics of finances/investing and applying them in practical ways. The stats quoted throughout the book are surprising and uniquely informative. (Although we live in scary and uncertain times, that's no excuse to not still plan for the future by gathering data and making educated decisions.)
Hani
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I like anything published by Tony and I have spent a lot of money on his books and courses. Second, the book is giving a very good advices on investment , saving and wealth mindset.
The author is experienced in personal development. So, he mentioned that the most important thing is fulfillment and gratitude as most of us think that more money will give them more joy or solve all of their problems. In my opinion this is true because many wealthy people are not happier and sometimes
Ahn Mur
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Ended up handing this off to a friend after finishing it because I think it's a good way to start thinking about investing if you're totally green to it. Tony Robbins's work is engaging, clear, and concise. You'll learn a lot of fundamental financial thinking. It's not perfect, but at the very least it's worth skimming (key information is bolded, making the material easy to browse).

Notes:

*Start saving when you are young, and remain disciplined. Because of compound interest, this is actually mor
Ion Bargan
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great advices for building an unshakeable financial freedom. I really liked the information that during the last 100 years in the economy there were always ups and downs and that's why you don't need to postpone some of your investments and business ideas. "Winter is coming..." principle is also very powerful. We need to prepare ourselves for harder times that might come. At the end of the book, Tony Robbins and Peter Mallouk are talking about how to protect yourself and your family. One of my f ...more
Diego Leal
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Must invest in Index funds ASAP.
Paige Gordon
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I loved Tony's first finance book (Money Master the Game), I will admit that he did get a bit wordy at times. It was a great book, but it just wasn't accessible to the average reader because of it's length. Unshakeable fixed that issue. Distilling down all the most essential facts from MMG and adding some really interesting things that Tony's learned since then, Unshakeable is a must read for anyone looking to gain a better understanding of the financial world and how they should go abo ...more
ScienceOfSuccess
Jul 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: waiting
First of all let me tell you, this book is free! I mean "all money" goes to charity so no bitching about poor content!

This masterpiece is 50% "Money master the game" promoting brochure, 30% scarcity with the promotion of some firms and funds that are the only good solution to all human problems, and 20% usual Tony Robbins "be a good man, feel good, you can do it... "

Please don't waste your time on this one.

NormaCenva
This is a book that is geared specifically for the US audience. And a lot of it is not applicable (finance wise) for me as a UK resident. However, I did enjoy it. One of the main things in the book that was helpful was the explanations of the mindset needed to succeed in building your financial independence.
Pierre
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a decent book to pick up if you haven't heard of Tony Robbins and you want to see what all the fuss is about before you start reading his behemoth financial advice manual, Money - Master the Game. However, if you have read that 600-page brick, or if you have a decent grasp of personal finance, you won't find much in here that you didn't already know.

The majority of the wisdom imparted in its 200-odd can be distilled into three tips:

- Only by investing into the stock market (becoming a
Chris
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The market can be volatile, but if you stay with it and don't panic when times get bad, you usually turn out okay. Good times almost always follow bad times in the world of investing. Bull markets follow bear markets, etc. This seems to be the core thesis of the book. As I'm a millennial who came into my 20s when the stock market was in deep, deep trouble, and thus I thought investing was bad/too risky, this was valuable to learn. I also liked his insight into investment advisors, brokers, and o ...more
Solamita
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of Tony's work and I was very excited to read this book. However, throughout the entire book the author is referring to his "Money: Master the Game", meaning that to get the full picture regarding actual investment and financial planning you would need to read that one too, because you won't find much here. Also, although I don't mind this too much, but at some places the advertisement for one of Robbins affiliate companies is a little bit too obvious.

The biggest part of "Unshakea
Abdulrahman Alrehan
كتاب ممتاز، فيه نصائح رائعه و استراتجيات جيده......... اذا كنت امريكي! و قد قلت مسبقا نفس الشي عن كتاب ذا موني ميكوفر، كتب رائعه لكن لا تنفع لنا بالغالب.

عموما اذا كنت مهتما بعالم المال او طالب ماليه مثلا، الكتاب سيوسع مداركك.

انصح باقتناء الكتاب الورقي و ليس الصوتي لاسباب:
- توني روبنز لم يقرأ الا شابترين فقط
- النارتر الرئيسي لا يقارن اطلاقا بصوت و حماس توني
- يوجد قوائم و خطوات يفضل انها تكون امامك على شكل مكتوب بدل البحث و الاستماع لها صوتيا
Phillip Boardman
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chapter 9 all the way to the last page (231) is worth it!
Chapters 1-8 are good but sound familiar and nothing new for the most part, as compared to what Dave Ramsey teaches in his more simplistic and better book= The Total Money Makeover.
Thank you.
Tadas Talaikis
Jul 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-s
OK, 2% of this and I already know what it's about. 1) A remake of everything I have already read from the source intact. 2)The remakes I have tired offf. 3) The remakes for the purpose of what? To make more money. 4) The remakes always lose the point that can be only discovered through long hours of sources. 5) America is instant nation that believes in instant things, why then don't work anymore? 6) WTF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IOZ8..., dropped it ;-D

P.S. Why I hate Tony Robbins? Here's
Margaret Lozano
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a solid introduction to personal finance and investing that I wish everyone would read. I think financial education intimidates a lot of people. As a result, they end up falling for get rich quick charlatans (Rich Dad, anyone?) who advise them to pour all their resources into a dubious asset class (penny stocks, real estate, gold, bitcoin) and watch the money roll in.

I was a little surprised by how sound the advice in this book is! I expected Robbins (a motivational guru) to be overconf
Nora Phoenix
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
As much as I love reading my romances, every now and then I like to read something else as well, especially when it's a book that will help me improve my life. I came across this book in my local library and decided to give it a try. I'm not a huge Tony Robbins fan, but hey, it's a free read, right?

I have to say, I really liked the book. It's practical, down-to-earth advice for folks like me who aren't financial experts. I learned a thing or two about investing, fees, taxes, and lots of other s
Heather
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
A not so subtle thinly veiled attempt at Tony to steer you to his products (but of course).

There's a ton of COMMON SENSE advice in regards to investing and money. Example, "know your taxes". In other words know what your state charges (if applicable), be aware of this thing called mutual funds and know that for tax purposes investors are owners and get taxed accordingly, ect ect ect. More advice: have a diverse portfolio. This kind of stuff is what any CPA or financial planner understands and sh
Kruizzer Alvarez
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
First book of 2018. It's very insightful. Although the concept about these kinds of investments are still beyond my current knowledge, I still learned a lot. Will definitely give this a re-read next time. Tony Robbins did a great job in writing this making it very readable (even for those not familiar with the concepts) and interesting all throughout.
David
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I spent about 1.5 hours with this book, and that’s about all you need to takeaway a number of helpful points. It’s nothing new. Robbins reaffirms several best practices of investing. But his generous tone and straightforward style make for a good read.
Mats E.
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jeg likte denne boken veldig godt, noe av det som står er nok beregnet for det amerikanse markede/livet.
Likte hvordan forfatter tar for seg hva rikdom er, og at varierer fra person til person.
I tillegg er den enkel å lese.
Anbefales!
Ralph Porrazzo
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't care what financial stage you're at in life, this book is a must read. Stop planning for the future and start acting on it. Hell, if that's the only thing you take away from the book that would be wonderful. It really would.
Christos Andreev
Great small book that presents techniques and strategies from the top of the investment game, including Warren Buffett, Peter Malluck, Ray Dalio and others with a great self help chapter at the end of the book by Tony Robbins. I find the book very encouraging, it combines investment philosophy and motivation simultaneously. It makes you want to get started investing right away!
Melissa
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I was hoping for some new insights, but it was the exact same information as Money Master the Game.
For more than 30 years Tony Robbins' passion has been helping people BREAK THROUGH and take their lives to another level -- no matter how successful they already are -- in the areas that matter most: their business, personal finance, intimate relationships, families, careers and health.

Tony Robbins has helped more than 50 million people from more than 100 countries transform their lives and their
“I can tell you the secret to happiness in one word: progress.” 8 likes
“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion. —JACK KEROUAC” 3 likes