Start by marking “Magic-Born Dragon (Dragon Born Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Magic-Born Dragon (Dragon Born Trilogy #2)

Magic-Born Dragon

(Dragon Born Saga #2)

New York Times bestselling author, K.N. Lee presents the highly anticipated sequel to the #1 bestselling novel, Half-Blood Dragon!

The prophecies have been told. Now, Rowen must find a way to prevent a fate worse than death.

Now, a fugitive, half-blood dragon and sorceress, Rowen must avoid capture from the Dragons while navigating the human realm she's always dreamed of
Published March 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Magic-Born Dragon, please sign up.

Beth
Aug 24, 2018 added it
I liked the premise and characters but the "couldn't put it down-ness" just wasn't there for me.
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Title: Magic-Born Dragon
Author: K.N Lee
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Format: Ebook
Pages: 121
Rating: 5
Heat: 2

Thoughts: Um, NO!!! You can't end it there!!!! OMG, that was awesome!!! And yea, there's a cliffhanger, and it's a doozy. But so worth it!! I can't wait to read the next one. So much is happening yet we still have no idea where this is going. Ok, there's maybe some idea where it could go but it's more of just a hint. And it's all just speculation, there are so many different things at p
Danielle
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Novellas are killing me I want the whole story
Jillian Pelletier
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked it, but I did not understand the end or the so called "extras" all they did was confuse me! I'm going to start the next one!
Damian Southam
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The rescue of Rowen was in ruins. The pain from the stab wound radiating with a throbbing sharpness from the literal hole in her hand, up to her shoulder where the blood marred her top and run in rivelets from her hand down her forearm to her elbow. The emotional pain of not knowing what had become of some of her rescuers, even if they'd planned on using her blood for a purpose their own, also fighting for it's portion of her awareness. The wound of course came from one of the crew, and not her ...more
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Magic-Born

Ah! I want more! Everything is starting to come together and the prophecy is unraveling. I was swept away in this second installment and so upset with the cliffhanger ending! I can't wait to read the next one and discover what happens next and uncover the mystery of Rowen and the Red Dragon.
Bill Tillman
The stakes just keep getting higher. Ro finds finds herself in a titanic struggle against forces she can barely grasp. Great read!
Kim Owens
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Magic-Born Dragon, book 2 in the Dragon-Born Series, by K. N. Lee, without having read book 1. Early on in the book, it was a small struggle to get my feet wet with the characters, the story line, as it was apparent that there was back-story that I was missing; however it did not detract from my enjoyment of this book in ANY way. I have read many books from K.N. Lee, and I have loved every one of them - Magic-Born Dragon did not disappoint!
While, character development is what usually sel
Avid
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Another short novel - this book ends at the 55% mark. Then there is an excerpt from book 3. The story continues to be interesting and exciting as Rowen is saved from Withrae forces by an unknown dragon and then sets out for the human lands to hide. There is a nice balance of narration and dialogue, as well as active fight scenes and more sedate plot development, and the cover art is lovely.

I am still irked, though, by glaringly obvious typos and other errors. E.g., "prophesize" is not a word; t
Gary
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
So, getting three stars is not terrible - but it is a steep fall from the five stars of book one. This book is much slower, the first third of the book extremely so. There is a lot of character development. The only problem is that there is too much inconsistent character development. Now, I know this is K.N.Lee's characterization, and she can do what she wants. But once a character takes on a life of its own, the author is constrained to maintain continuity and integrity of character. Unfortuna ...more
Darcy Smith
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story line keeps getting better and better. I loved the second book even more than the first. It has so much drama, suspense, intrigue, and action. It keeps you on your toes and has you trying to guess what is going on. It does in a cliffhanger like the first one but once again it is a fabulous read. It is most definitely worth reading. You find out more about the characters and when you get certain pieces of information it is like OMG did that just happen. Then of this book is the same way ...more
Lisa Eiff
I really loved reading this book. I was already finding myself comfortable with the characters after reading the first book in this series, but Rowan is still doing her best to hide out after being falsely accused of killing the man that she loved (that also happened to be a prince). I found this edition a gripping read that left me wanting more.

Adventure finds her around every turn in this book, and the ending definitely leaves you wanting to reach for book 3. (Luckily, I'm reading this as part
Teshai
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well damn, didn't see that ending coming at all.

This poor child has no idea what and why these things are happening to her and I feel it for her. The prophecy is unraveling but I myself want to know NOW what it is! Is it death to everyone like her dreams? Why did her mother leave her father and not tell him about her, is this part of the prophecy? What the heck does Prince Rickard have to do with it? The Red Dragon sure isn't that small little thing that flew into her hands in the dream..lol. an
Beverly Laude
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, fantasy, kindle
All too often when I read a book in a series, I am hugely disappointed by the second book. Not so with this book.....it is great!

Ms. Lee's writing is wonderful, her characters well developed & the story interesting & intriguing. Fast-paced action that keeps you guessing what will happen next make this seem like a very short book....I devoured it in a couple of hours!

The world that Ms. Lee has constructed is wonderful. Magic abounds & I am sure that more & more secrets will be rev
Summer
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Available on Kindle Unlimited.

A fun and easy read. The world created seems amazing - Dragons, Sorcerers, and Humans, Oh my!

I feel like I learned a lot about these characters in this installment of the trilogy which just increased the quality of the reading experience - the fact that I can follow what's going on and I understand how everything connects. So that is cool.

It is still unclear who/what exactly the Red Dragon is. But, we know that it is giant and not the one featured on the cover of
Denise
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
I read this book as part of a trilogy. Rowen has escaped her father and is now alone, hurt, and unsure of where to go next. When she is rescued by a woman and her son and allowed to travel with them she is happy to be alive and sheltered. The fact that they are going the direction she wants to go is a bonus. When her father finds her again she is sure she is not going to be alive for long. When help comes from an unexpected source she realizes everything she thought was true was a lie, and her e ...more
Pam Funke
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! That's about all I can say at the moment as I am blown away by this epic story. There is so much action, adventure, and slight hints of romance. So amazing. This is the 2nd book in this wonderful fantasy series. Ms. Lee has definitely gotten me hooked on this series. I must say I have been devouring this book as each page wants me to hurry up and find out what is going to happen to Rowen, the main character. I do believe that I am enjoying this second installment more than the first one. Ku ...more
Amber McKinley
Jun 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Honestly, this infuriated me. Like I said in my review for book one, I honestly don't understand why these books are so short with spurts of character and story development that make you want to keep reading. Whenever the author decides to release the third one, I'm not reading it. There's no reason why book one and book two couldn't have been combined. Not wasting my time anymore on it, I'm not in elementary school and this wasn't labeled as a short story. I like my books to take more than an h ...more
Lisa
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Good novella

This is a very short book two and finished at 83%. Shocking really... so not worth the price. However it is actually a good story but it should have been one book with the first as both are far too short. There is another shocker at the end. Who will Rowan choose. She is literally running for her life at every turn and manipulated by everyone. Need to read book 3 now. Recommended but not happy about the length and because of that Ive only given the book 3 stars.
Denise Van plew
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad to be able to jump right into this one since this author did take me away on this trip. Now in the midst of this with Rowen who also keeps us on the edge. Now she is also has her abilities that she uses with makes it even more grand. The characters that are in here with her keep you trapped with the adventure becoming even more intense because of how things are going. By the time I reach the end of this one I am screaming.
Quinesia Johnson
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great job Lee does. This was better than it's prequel. She gives what fantasy lovers crave: sorcery, dragons, intrigue, a map, magic, romance? What's better still, was there aren't "sex placeholders" as I like to call them. Sometimes authors use sex in a story for novel length, to keep up reader interest, or to add an edge. Here, there's just a great storyline of fantasy that's personable, but not overly simple. I can't wait to read #3.
Heidi
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dragons, paranormal
This is a great continuation of the series. There is still a lot of mystery surrounding who is who, prophecy, and the red dragon. The ending is another epic cliffhanger. There were a few spelling/grammar errors remaining that had me rereading a few sentences for clarity, but nothing major to detract from the story. I am loving this series so far and I am now grabbing the next book and starting to read, I can't seem to put them down! I wish they were longer and all in one book!
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow.. insane

This second story clears up some of the confusion and questions your left with In the first one...however is also leaves you with some more questions.

I'm really enjoying this tale and can't wait for more.

It's not your typical dragon shifter story and it's not just some romance story either. There's so many different and unexpected things

Jan Niblock
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It was full of adventure and intrigue. I see all of the characters with their own agenda working for and against poor Rowan. She is a true hero, she is in the dark about so much and everyone expects that she knows everything. She muddles through the best she can and is the innocent one in all of the intrigue. What I never saw coming was the ending. Oh my what an ending, cannot wait for the next book to come out and see where things will go from here.
Patty Skaggs
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 MAGIC-BORN DRAGON by K.N. Lee ended way too quickly!= This is this is the second book in this series.. I love just about all books with magic woven in the tale.

Dragon, sorcerers, witches and other things that go bump during the night.
This author has my interest and I will be looking to see what else is available.
Teri
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
After receiving the correct file from Amazon I was able to enjoy the story that is only getting better. After a doozy of a start Rowen continues to search for the red dragon. She doesn't know why or why everyone else is searching but she continues on. Along the way meeting some interesting people and getting help from unexpected sources. Along with all of this she struggles to understand the man who sh knows is her father.

Great story with characters you are unlikely to forget, some out of love o
Shae Hamrick
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thought it would be more adult but it was a good story. It can stand alone but is better in the group. book one is the intro, book two is the struggle, and book three is the climax and ending with a twist. really enjoyed the plot and story. the characters wavered between juvenile and adult in emotions and response. would have enjoyed it more if they had been a bit more consistent.
Linda Hamonou
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in the series and at this point, the plot is actually unfolding so that we have a better view of what the characters are actually about.
Rowen grows more into her power through the book as she finally has some help that she can sort of trust.
There is also an enormous plot twist at the end so it leaves the reader on their toes for the next book.
Nancie
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful story by K N Lee!

Magic Born Dragon is another enthralling story of magic, love, and fantasy. The author builds the characters at a perfect pace and draws you into the life of a young woman learning about her Powers and navigating her way thru treacherous lands and people. I'm truly looking forward to reading the next installment!!
Sarah Sutton
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
For KU I can't really complain about this book. The story follows the first book but it is a bit predictable. A few twists where Rowen discovers her father and what kind of man he is.
Very easy read, only took a couple hours. Good series to pass time if you're waiting for a new book to come out.
Goodreads Librari...: Page count correcting 4 13 Feb 06, 2018 01:26PM

• The Mirror & The Meretrix (Blackstone & Brenwen, #1)
  • Healed (Rebirth, #2)
  • Stolen Ink (Ink Born, #1)
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Touched by the Magic (The Academy #1)
  • Loved by a Dragon (Fallen Immortals 7)
  • Broken Promise (The Broken Ones, #3)
  • Vanquished (The Blood Trail Chronicles, #2)
  • The Danu
  • Orison
  • School of Deaths (The Scythe Wielder's Secret Book 1)
  • Binding Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #6)
  • Thrilled (Reckless Desires Dragon Mates, #2)
  • Dragon Rebellion (War of the Nine Isles Book 1)
  • The Elven Alliance (The Keeper of Dragons #2)
  • Dearborn (Woodland Creek)
  • Two Weddings and One Near Funeral (Southern Arcana, #3.5)
  • Renegade Dragon (Dragon Heat, #4)
K.N. Lee is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who resides in Charlotte, North Carolina. When she is not writing twisted tales, fantasy novels, and dark poetry, she does a great deal of traveling and promotes other authors. Wannabe rockstar, foreign language enthusiast, and anime geek, K.N. Lee also enjoys helping others reach their writing and publishing goals. She is a winner of t ...more

Dragon Born Saga (5 books)
  • Half-Blood Dragon (Dragon Born Trilogy #1)
  • Queen of the Dragons (Dragon Born Trilogy #3)
  • War of the Dragons (Dragon-Born Trilogy #4)
  • Fate of the Dragons (Dragon-Born Trilogy #5)