Start by marking “UnCommon Minds: A Collection of AIs, Dreamwalkers, and other Psychic Mysteries” as Want to Read:
UnCommon Minds: A Collection of AIs, Dreamwalkers, and other Psychic Mysteries

UnCommon Minds: A Collection of AIs, Dreamwalkers, and other Psychic Mysteries

Enter into the hidden world of the mind, where the laws of nature don’t apply and nothing is as it seems.

Straight from the minds of 20 UnCommon Authors come tales of tragedy, triumph, and bittersweet gratitude. You'll find augmented realities and mental persuasion that force you to question everything. Stories of military suspense, psychological horror, dream walkers, an
Published January 21st 2017 by Fighting Monkey Press

To ask other readers questions about UnCommon Minds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about UnCommon Minds

Start your review of UnCommon Minds: A Collection of AIs, Dreamwalkers, and other Psychic Mysteries
Lynda Dickson
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 16+
Shelves: adult
UnCommon Minds is a collection of 20 short stories from 20 different authors, each featuring a central character with an unusual mind. They include AI, aliens, lunatics, ghosts, and creepy children with technologically enhanced brains, mathematical genius, or paranormal abilities including telepathy, telekinesis, dream walking, and mind control. Various genres are covered, including science fiction, fantasy, horror, paranormal, humor, and romance, both contemporary and futuristic.

In "Inamorata"
Tiffany
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi
If you enjoyed Black Mirror, you'll love this anthology. I can't think of a story I didn't enjoy.

My top 4
Inamorata--I wanted to know more about this world. It was so much about trust and loyalty to me.
Through Dreams She Moves--A superpower I'd never considered
11.11-- So many twists
and
The Dissertation--Creepy children always wig me out and Leah is as creepy as they come.
Joel
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Uncommon Minds is, on average, a good to very good anthology of science fiction stories by a variety of authors. A handful of stories didn't work for me at all but the majority were interesting. There were a handful that were excellent stories, trading on empathy, loneliness, sadness, unfairness, and yearning.

I particularly liked The Arms of Mother (Harlow C. Fallon) as future sci-fi that gives you enough hints of the world to ponder it and introduced a character beset by an unfair world. This
Tera Comer
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You'll find augmented realities and mental persuasion that force you to question everything,straight from the minds of 20 UnCommon Authors . Stories of military suspense, psychological horror, dream walkers, and psychic mediums await their turn to crawl into your head. Each story is unique in their own way and you will not be disappointed if you enjoy these types of books there's bound to be a story in this collection that's to your taste! I received a free copy of this book and volunteered to r ...more
Seraphia
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Uncommon Minds is an anthology of short stories by a series of authors who introduce us to a variety of characters. Each story is as unique and different as the authors themselves. In one story we get introduced to a digital lover who ends up infected with malware when she agrees to do a favor for a friend of hers. But what she now has to decide is whether to show loyalty to this friend or to trust the malware that is now running rampant in her system telling her not to trust him. Then we are th ...more
Kimberly
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was interesting to say the least. It contains many short stories from different authors and various genres. Some of the stories are twisted but flow well with the intricacies of detail. If you're looking for something different to read, this is it.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book. My favorite was Whatever Lola Wants by Shebat Legion, it was so different and creepy from what I normally read.
Susan
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Overall this set gets 3.5 stars. If you love SciFi stories involving unusual minds this is an anthology you have to get! Add in diverse writers (PK Tyler and Jonathan Shipley to name two) and it gets even better. The variety of authors and storylines will keep you riveted for hours. I even found a couple of new authors (new to me anyways) that I want to read more from. The stories all are short quick reads. Perfect for a lunch break or for when you don't have much time. I received a copy of this ...more
Jackie Berkel
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good enough

Uncommonly Good was better and since 4 of those stories are in here this gets four stars.
This had its gems as well but also had two stories I think will need three readings for me to comprehend and I guess another to then maybe like them.
The story Subliminal was good enough to break of and lookup the author and series, lucky me got all in one omnibus.
Had I not read Uncommonly Good 1st it probably would have gotten a five, I would have forgiven the two brain breakers.
Theresa Braun
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review of Tausha Johnson's "11:11" in the anthology...

I have long been a fan of Johnson and this has to be one of my favorite stories of hers. It follows psychic medium Renee Rowland who was only eight when her father jumps from the 11th floor of a Las Vegas hotel. This premonition comes true when she is ten. Fast forward to her interview with journalist and skeptic Jack Moore. Her readings have all been the same until now—and she’s been waiting her whole life to meet with him.

What do I love ab
Kay Smillie
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now, THIS is my kind of short story collection...unique minds, paranormal activities, and children who cause the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up and take note. Stories that make you think of the present, of the future.

You may have to read these more than once to enjoy the nuances that you might have missed on first reading. An excellent collection of strong, confident stories, beautifully written, and well chosen.

All the stories are enjoyable and entertaining, but these are my absolut
Alex Hernandez
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've always loved speculative fiction about different types of consciousnesses whether that's super intelligent aliens, A.I.s or telepaths and this collection has it all. I really enjoyed hopping around Uncommon Minds and finding a nice mix of styles and subgenres.

A few standouts for me:

Through Dreams She Moves by Tonya Liburd: This one is about a woman with the power to walk through dreams. I loved this story. I loved the character. We get to see her at home with her family and at work and I wa
Lorena
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Anthologies can be hard to rate, because often a reader will really enjoy some of the stories and not care for others. I enjoyed some of these stories, but I felt like too many of the stories were either horror (which I'm not fond of) or just a bit too sad or dark for my taste. That said, it's a fairly diverse and interesting collection of short speculative fiction, and not entirely doom and gloom.

I have to give a shout out to "Trouble Signs," which was really funny. I wish more humorous stories
Hilary Kim Morden
May 18, 2019
Janet Shook
Dec 29, 2016
Daniel
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Madeleine Landrum-Noe
Jan 28, 2017
Daniel
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tausha
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: favorites
Tonya Liburd
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Harlow Fallon
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica West
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tricia
Mar 13, 2017
Louise BDGG
Jan 16, 2017
Tasmin Kelly
Jan 19, 2017
Ashleigh Gauch
Jan 20, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kristen
Jan 21, 2017
J.D. Harpley
Jan 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Philip
Jan 22, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Reid Nicewonder
Goodreads Librari...: New Book In Series 3 22 Jan 11, 2017 06:52AM

• Largely Deceased
  • Broken Worlds: Dystopian Stories
  • Robot Evolution: Perfect Partners, Incorporated Volumes 1-5
  • Hope/Less (Perfect Partners, Inc. #6)
  • The Book of Sam (Between Life and Death #4)
  • The In-Betweener (Between Life and Death #1)
  • Between Life and Death (Between Life and Death #3)
  • Forever Between (Between Life and Death #2)
  • Christmas (Between Life and Death #3.5)
  • Savannah Slays (Between Life and Death #5)
  • The Alien Chronicles (The Future Chronicles)
  • UnCommon Origins: A Collection of Gods, Monsters, Nature, and Science
Jess is currently pursuing a state of self-induced psychosis (also known as writing).