Start by marking “your name.” as Want to Read:
your name.

your name.

(小説 君の名は。)

Mitsuha, una ragazza di provincia, e Taki, giovane di Tokyo, sconosciuti entrambi delusi dalle loro quotidianità, si ritrovano un giorno a vivere in sogno una la vita dell'altro. Lasciandosi dei messaggi per il "risveglio" inizieranno a comunicare e a conoscersi, cercando di capire la loro strana relazione e il legame che li unisce e si rafforza notte dopo notte, sogno dop ...more
Paperback, J-POP Romanzi, 184 pages
Published January 18th 2017 by J-Pop (first published June 18th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about your name., please sign up.
Swizzle It's out now--I bought the translation from Kinokuniya.…moreIt's out now--I bought the translation from Kinokuniya.(less)
Ultraviolet Hey! There is a Manga too. The Manga was at first on May 27th 2016 published and finished January 27th 2017. The Manga has 3 Volumes with 9 chapters. …moreHey! There is a Manga too. The Manga was at first on May 27th 2016 published and finished January 27th 2017. The Manga has 3 Volumes with 9 chapters. I hope that my information was useful! :3(less)

Start your review of your name.
daph pink ♡
Mitsuha × Taki
Taki × Mitsuha

That's it my mind can't process anything.❤️

Some of the best love stories can be found in 150 pages book or in 1 hr 46 min long movie.

“I feel like I’m always searching for someone, or something.”

( just say this and I will cry my eyes out)

My heart's in Itomori now and I don't want it back.

Yeah so your name (calm down*screaming*)

How can you write about something this precious, honesty when you read a great book what you do tell everybody that they should read it.
AMEERA
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
decided to learning japanese just because this book i never read something beautiful like this before ❤❤
theburqaavenger➹
#themoviediditbetter.

But this book was amazing. Ofcourse watch the movie first and then read this book but it is truly a magical experience.

Oh you want to read this?
The feels guys. THE FEELS.

And now I will be a book/movie trash and just add gifs and quotes.
“I feel like I’m always searching for someone, or something.”

“Even if the world is cruel, even if all I have is loneliness, I’ll still live with everything I’ve got. Even if this emotion is all I have, I’ll keep strugg
Magdalen
May 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: japan
Somewhere along the way, I had also begun to wish for something, not knowing exactly what that something was.

Well that was a fascinating and emotional roller coaster! I watched the film yesterday and when I saw there was a novel too I knew I had to read it.

Japanese people shall never seize to impress me with their abilities to create such epic masterpieces! First of all the film was excellent· the art, the plot, the music and generally the whole atmosphere was quite magical.

What's intere
Tomoe Hotaru
24 Sep. '20
Umm. So it’s going forward, after all.

Dear USA, NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE AMERICANISED holy shit. Can you NOT enjoy original creations made by, featuring, and completely set in other cultures/languages/peoples?? Does it connect with you less, somehow? Is the story and messaging diminished, somehow? Hot damn. Like, guess you didn’t learn from Death Note, Dragonball, that Avatar and yes I could go on but excuse me while I vomit.

04 Feb.'17
Ugh. I can't even. Don't talk to me righ
Pauline Lang
A truly beautiful story. A big thank you to my friend Kairia for the recommendation.
Neil (or bleed)
I liked the idea of Your Name. It is like a time travel/paranormal/magical fantasy blended into one and it's up to you which one you want to choose. I chose the time travel one so I've looked (me being an intellecteual jk) for some "technical" or even not-so technical explanation about the time travel (and body-exchange) phenomena in this book. Sadly, I think I haven't read one? Thus, I've just reflected my dismay on the rating i.e. 3 stars. Lol.

Anyway, I think I just didn't connect with the mai
Sarah Dorothea
2 out of 5 stars! ⭐️ THIS BOOK WAS OUR MARCH 2018 BOOK CLUB READ: I have to say that I was just not impressed by that book. It was hyped up so so badly that I just had really high expectations... Also, the layout of the book was so weird and I had difficulty in finding out when the narrator changed. I guess the manga as such would have been better, but this month’s book from our book club was another bitter disappointment.

What the romantic fantasy novel is about: Mitsuha lebt in einem Dorf
Raghdaa Morad
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
What kind of sorcery is this😍♥️
This is my first time ever reading a Manga and oh my what an amazing experience i haven't been hooked in a book like this for a very long time ,, The story is very sweet and adorable i couldn't help but watch the anime too and it lefts me with a very beautiful feeling why can't this kind of colorful magical events be in our gray dismal reality!! I absolutely recommend the manga and the movie (read/watch) it I promise u will all love it.
Flor
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The feels guys, the feels.
Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
That day when the stars came falling...

description

...It was like a scene from a dream...

description

...Nothing more or less...

description

...Than a beautiful view...

description

The soundtrack of this movie

Is literally an eargasm, omg

Animation is A+
Soundtrack is A+
Characters are A+
Story is A++
I feel like you need to watch/read this knowing nothing about the plot because trust me, this is amazing. Honestly, even if you don't like anime you would like this.
Makhda
Kimi no Na Wa by Makoto Shinkai

I only watched the anime. Absolutely gorgeous. One of the best anime I've ever seen!

Pardis
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hitoha Miyamizu: Treasure the experience. Dreams fade away after you wake up.
__________
Mitsuha Miyamizu: Musubi?
Hitoha Miyamizu: Musubi is the old way of calling the local guardian god. This word has profound meaning. Typing thread is Musubi. Connecting people is Musubi. The flow of time is Musubi. These are all the god's power. So the braided cords that we make are the god's art and represent the flow of time itself. They converge and take shape. They twist, tangle, sometimes unravel, break, a
Jae
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
It made me feel something.
Mir
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
This had interesting ideas but the writing was dull, perhaps due to the translator.
And the repeated groping of the boobs got old fast.
This worked better as a movie. It was very appealing, visually, so it wasn't as noticeable where there were weaknesses elsewhere.

Hasnat Sakin
We met. We finally met. By the time I think that I’m about to cry, tears have already started falling. He sees that and smiles. I return the smile as I weep, and take a deep.breath of the fresh spring air. And then, at the same time, we open our mouths, harmonizing our voices like children doing a cheer.
“Your name?

Holy shit. You've got to be kidding me. I've watched Japanese anime tv series and read manga before. So I thought I should read a novel or two. I knew things could've been intensive an
Kairia
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Your Name as a light novel is a must read. The story holds a special place in my heart. There's something about the battle to continue to live in a world of unknowns that resonates deeply with me.

For those unfamiliar with Your Name (Kimi no Na Wa), it is a fantasy romance story. The light novel, while published before the movie's release, was written after movie production started. They complement each other so I highly recommend watching and reading, in whatever order you prefer.

There are so ma
Neil R. Coulter
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
As I started reading this book, I thought it was unnecessary, as your name. is such a visual story that it loses too much in being only words. But continuing on, the words drew me in and helped me experience this beautiful story in a new way. Viewing the story from inside the thoughts of Taki and Mitsuha (the book is all first-person from their perspectives) is really interesting and adds a lot to each scene. I will now watch the movie differently, with greater understanding.

This novelization wa
spring ~♡
awxajoeyqpquew everything hurts.

When I say you should read the book after watching the movie, I say because:

If she isn’t alive, then nothing is.

When she smiles— I hadn’t noticed before, but it’s like the whole world is happy right along with her.

“…I was going to tell you…,” I mutter quietly to the line. “No matter where in the world you are, I’ll find you again. I swear.”

SO YOU WOULDN’T MISS THINGS LIKE THIS.
I almost didn’t read the book cause they said "the m
Heidi
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japanese, 日本語
It's the first book I've read in Japanese and the level was a little high for me so I can't really say how good the writing is, but I enjoyed the story and I FINISHED IT! ...more
Sara Bakhshi
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the story.
read because of the anime.
Rachel
This was published on my birthday.... I'm pretty sure that means that now I have to buy it 😄 ...more
Stefan Garland
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Stefi (reading the first page): Okay, I saw the movie, so I won't cry again, right?

Makoto Shinkai: I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Stefi (reading the last two pages): Where is my mama?! I want my mama!!! I need my mama!!! 😭😭😭

Makoto Shinkai: Told you...
gio
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5

One of the few times in which I would say, watch the movie first (the book itself was written while working on the movie, which makes it quite interesting imo). After watching the movie, I swear, you will hear the soundtrack in your head while reading. *plus the animation is incredible*

The writing is nothing special, but this was a quite interesting experience, knowing that the book and the movie kind of influenced each other in a way. I knew what would happen, but this brought back so many f
Bobbi
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as a gift and started reading it this morning. It was weird at first with typical young anime styled plots talking about Taki touching Mitsuha’s breasts. I thought it was a little tacky until I got more into the plot itself, which was beautifully written. Although the sexual aspects were strange and could be improved upon, the book itself was incredible, which is something I don’t say often when reviewing books.

I think I’ll keep this book and reread it later since it was that be
Laura S
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
Absolutely loved it!

It's just like the movie, and personally I loved the movie, so the book definitely deserves 5 stars.
Laura D
An absolutely beautiful novel. Makoto Shinkai really is a genius. His film Your Name was super super amazing and the novelization is just as good. Your Name is a story where I wish I could get my memories washed so I can experience it for the first time again. Can't wait to see it again in August! ...more
Spanina
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-buy, favourites
This was a very cute and emotional read!
I really like Japan and anime so this was really for me. The only two "flaws" are the shortness of it, and that in some parts I was confused by the change of the point of view, but anyway this was really a beauty!
Winna
I thought this novel would be hard to read without watching the movie first. That being said, both versions complement each other wonderfully. I love reliving the scenes and getting to know both Taki and Mitsuha all over again.
Riana (RianaInTheStacks)
Your name. Is quite different from Shinkai's usual work since this is done as a novel instead of manga or anime ( though all three mediums do exist for this story).The visual element he has such a beautiful talent with had to be transformed into words. Yet, Shinkai also has a talent for heartfelt stories and creating these real situations where the opportunities which would change our lives might just pass us by. Interestingly, I just got done watching Orange while reading this, which also has a ...more
4AI SalesianiSesto: Your Name. 1 18 Dec 30, 2017 12:13PM

• 5 Centimet Trên Giây
  • I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
  • I Had That Same Dream Again
  • your name. Another Side:Earthbound, Vol. 1 (manga)
  • Memory of Glass
  • Real Face
  • The Garden of Words
  • Three Days of Happiness
  • Sengkarut
  • 氷菓 [Hyouka]
  • Absolute Justice
  • Another, Volume 1 (Another, #1)
  • Bone
  • 君の膵臓をたべたい
  • I'll Go To You When the Weather is Nice
  • Girls in the Dark
  • Siapa yang Datang ke Pemakamanku Saat Aku Mati Nanti?
  • Another Episode S / 0 (light novel)
See top shelves…
SHINKAI Makoto
Name (in native language): 新海 誠
Associated Names:
СИНКАЙ Макото
Makoto Shinkai

Makoto Shinkai (新海 誠 Shinkai Makoto?), born as Makoto Niitsu (新津 誠 Niitsu Makoto?, February 9, 1973) is a Japanese director of anime and former graphic designer. A native of the Nagano Prefecture, Shinkai studied Japanese literature at Chuo University where he was a member of juvenile literature club where he

小説 君の名は。 (2 books)