Start by marking “Get Your Sh*t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need to Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)” as Want to Read:

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  12,000 ratings  ·  1,144 reviews
Length: 4 hrs and 32 mins

Get Your Sh*t Together is a giddily profane, immensely useful, and surprisingly powerful guide to achieving your wildest dreams--whether you're stuck in a job or relationship you hate, overwhelmed by a million unread emails, or just need a little help along your way to world domination.

First, "anti-guru" Sarah Knight taught you how to shed unwante
Audible Audio
Published 2016 by Hachette Audio

·  12,000 ratings  ·  1,144 reviews

Start your review of Get Your Sh*t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need to Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
Heidi The Reader
Knight is an acquired taste, but I generally enjoyed Get Your Sh*t Together. Her self help books are full of useful tips, profanity, and irreverent humor so don't pick this title up if you're easily offended. If you know someone who seriously needs to get their you-know-what together, this could be the title you've been waiting for!

Knight keeps it real from the first page: "(This book) is more of a let-me-help-you-help-yourself-help book, with "me" here to "help" when your "self" gets in the way
May 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Another TRULY terrible book from Sarah Knight. Kicking myself at having wasted £12.99 on this absolute trash.

The introduction goes on for about 13 pages. The first chapter then regurgitates the introduction in slightly different wording. The second chapter paraphrases the first chapter, and so on. The book is padded out SO much, it's unbelievablable.

The first bit of practical advice was as follows, as to how to 'get your shit together' on p30:

1. Set a goal
2. Set aside time to complete the goal
Noah Nichols
This insubstantial book would've been a lot more enjoyable if the author could have refrained from being an overbearing and self-centered blowhole. As it stands, this typical "effort" comes off as a rushed one and Knight rambles on and on about herself (we get it; you're successful) to the point of distracting annoyance. There are better options out there. Two stars—I guess—for not being broken. Whatever. People like Sarah Knight are laughable...throwaway fads; needlessly cussing to try and be e ...more
Sara Dahabović
"Also, unlike many traditional self-help authors, I am going to use the word sh_t 332 times (including several shitmanteaus of my own invention), so please do not go on Amazon saying you were expecting sunshine and kittens and got shitstorms and shittens." LOL ...more
Raluca
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
To achieve the advice in the title, you must have an overarching goal, split it into smaller, manageable tasks, and go through them one at a time, in order of priority and urgence. If your to do list is still too crowded, consider which things you can abandon and which you can delegate, for a fee if necessary. There. I saved you 300 pages of repetition and one exaggerated chipmunk analogy. You're welcome. ...more
Victoria
Apr 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like the author tried way too hard to be funny.
Elishea Khan
Jan 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So shit I couldn't finish it. ...more
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Jul 03, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2020
I'll save you guys money and time you would have spent on this book and summarize Sarah's self-help book.

BIG TASK = BREAK THE TASK INTO SMALL PIECES

Examples:

Big renovation project? = BREAK THE TASK INTO SMALL PIECES
Want to find a new job? = BREAK THE TASK INTO SMALL PIECES

Other advice includes: SPEND MONEY ON PROFESSIONAL HELP IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TIME TO DO IT YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO - perfect for people who have money to fix problems :)

MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS? = I'm not a therapi
Joy
I read Sarah Knights first book and loved it and this is terrific too! I will write more about it soon!

Here are some of my favorite parts of this book -

Sarah's advice about being the best partner you can be. She talks about having a relationship relay to see "who can be nicer, more helpful, or more loving on any given day."

I also like the section titled Selfish is not a four-letter word. "You can't give of yourself to others if there's nothing left of yourself to give." "Happiness is a goal in
Desirae
Aug 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book tries to hide the fact that it is rehashing the same old, same old self-help tropes by using profanity and very outdated pop references. I have to admit that I am kind of in shocked that this book has been rated so high when there are so many other better books currently out there.
Laura Rash
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As with The Life-changing Magic of Not Giving A Fuck, Sarah Knight manages to convey an important message with wit & personality like no other! With both of these books it's about getting control of your life. It's in your hands but you can start small & learn to control the steam roller of everyday life before it crushes you. With these helpful tips that had me snort laughing out loud you get a better view of the big picture. Flow charts don't hurt either.

Thanks to Sarah & Little Brown for thi
✰ Liz ✰
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction

I enjoyed another book full of wisdom by Sarah Knight. This book focuses on how to organize your life and not allow yourself to become overwhelmed. I truly enjoyed the read and highly recommend it to anyone looking for help with getting your shit together!

*I listened to the audio version of this book.

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
Sorento62
The best part of this book is the repeated encouragement to not give a f*ck about things that aren't truly important or that you really don't have time for. Other than that it is mostly the mechanics of goal setting and following through on working toward a goal, pretty elementary stuff. If it were that easy, there wouldn't be so many books about it.
I think the problem is that the author has no difficulty driving herself to complete a goal once she sets herself to it. She burned herself out by
britt_brooke
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Alert! I’m on f*ck overload. No, it’s not as fun as it sounds. 🙃 I give way too many f*cks, often about things that really aren’t all that important. Hilarious and frank, Sarah Knight has encouraged me in a way that the self-aggrandizing Rachel Hollis could never. This book about prioritizing is exactly what I needed while in the midst home renovation. I haven’t read her other books yet, but I will! And I have to say the foul language works for me.
Emma Sea
Enjoyed this so much I might buy her first one, even though, like this, it's not available for Kindle in New Zealand. ...more
Lesa
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
Every once in a while, in the midst of all my fiction reading, I pick up a self-improvement book. There's often a point or two of interest in the book, even if much of the advice is repetitive and obvious. But, someone has to point out the highlights. Sarah Knight uses her own life as in example in Get Your Sh*t Together.

Knight was in a high-pressure job in New York City, one she had planned for her career. And, after fifteen years, she realized it wasn't what she wanted to do, or where she want
Colleen
Dip into savings means spending more than you should. Then you're allowing money to build a prison around you and make you its bitch. Don't be money's bitch.

Better take some Advil if I'm going to keep patting myself on the back so hard.

Coworker help = quid pro quo.

Impulse control should not be confused with distraction.

Early-onset rigor mortis.

Happiness is a goal in and of itself. Giving fewer, better f*cks is an exercise in selfishness and there's nothing wrong with that.

GYST:
Saving or not
Linda
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Some good (if irreverent) advice for getting your sh*t together. Although there is really nothing here that isn't obvious, it is good for those who need a blunt breakdown of how to tackle today's most common obstacles to living your best life. I did find the book to be a bit repetitive and skimmed much of the last part.

Overall: just ok.

Blaise Haddow
It was okay. Parts of it were funny, there's some interesting and potentially useful advice in here, but overall... somehow I suppose I expected more substance from something with such an ambitious subtitle. Knight offers a strategy and consistently applies that one strategy to a variety of scenarios one might encounter.

For me, though, it always comes back to the fact that any advice that boils down to "just do it" (as Knight's does, especially in her last step of commitment) is basically useles
Vikki
Another hilarious, thought provoking book by Sarah Knight that had great advice but not sure if can apply all. Feels like a lot of planning but then you actually have to do and that is where people fail. Same old advice about breaking big tasks or projects into smaller tasks and making sure to prioritize tasks everyday to the need to items get done. The funny makes you think it is possible and want to give it a try.
Yesenia Cash
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is very good, she fit the bad words in there perfectly well it wasn’t too much cursing. After listening to this I realized I’m now as fucked up as I thought I was.
January
Love this book. Great tips for organizing your life. Must own.
Henry Nguyen
I don't usually read a self-help book, and I think I need to make it a hard rule. The good thing about the book is that you can basically sum up the whole book in one sentence. Maybe just read the first 50 pages and the last 50 pages if you are still going to buy the book. Also, the author keeps referring to her first book which is "The art of not giving a fuck", and it is so annoying. There is nothing new and exciting content-wise. Sarah was trying really hard to be funny and cohesive in her wr ...more
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I wish this had focused a little bit more on mental health, especially given the author‘s own history with it but overall a great read. I listened to the audiobook but I can definitely see myself getting a physical copy to reread stuff and actually integrate some of the advice into my life!
Kristie

I am not likely the target audience for this book. Based on the rapid fire chatter-like writing style, I am probably older than the target audience and I mostly have my shit together.

Nothing in this book is surprising, but it does help to have someone point out the obvious at times and remind you to stay on task. The key steps are repeated multiple times throughout the book, yet at some points she falls back on saying “just do it,” which isn’t really helpful. Her suggestions to break everything
Kris
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not going to be a great book for everyone. If you hate swearing, stay away. If you don’t like pop culture references, look elsewhere. Overall, this is basic, practical advice in a fun format for certain audiences, of which I am a part. Knight is right about my age, hence my amusement at her pop culture references, and I am a sweary mammajamma, so bonus points there. This is not groundbreaking, but it’s a good reminder. Also, Knight’s narration has a familiar vibe - Kristen Bell, or Mindy ...more
Ceri
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Every year for the past bajillion years one of my New Year's Resolutions is to be more organised. I thought I'd give this book a go. I read it in audio. It's narrated by the author, which is something I like.

On the whole, I didn't find a lot to take away from this book. There were a couple of good suggestions, for example, if you struggle to estimate time well, time yourself doing something, so in future you are able to estimate it better, or that over-preparing, for example, anticipating things
Sue Smith
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome! It was exactly what I needed to hear - and I'll be gladly implementing so many great ideas. I've always been a list maker and a planner but somehow things always would get lost in the shuffle, so this book had that light-bulb moment for me. Take your goal, break it down into chunks of time or money and then schedule it accordingly. Genius. So simple and yet this has eluded me for ever. Silly really - it's such a simple and obvious solution, I just can't believe that it did ...more
Miro Cosic
Although Sarah has some good pointers on organizing your life, mindest, and thoughts, the way she does that is kind of shallow or superficial.
Most of us already know what we have to do. Doing it is the problem. Mental patterns in our brains are sometimes very old and run very deep. Takes a lot of work to break through them.

Anyways, seems to me that book is kind of ok, message is there, but the popularity of the book comes from good marketing, the image of heroine writer, living on a tropical i
Lucy
Apr 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
There are some useful tidbits in this book but my god do you have to wade through a lot of self-indulgent prattle to find them. Very much reads like someone desperately trying to hit a word count. And did you know the author quit her soul-sucking corporate job and moved to the Caribbean? Because she hardly ever mentions it.

• Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life
  • The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store
  • You Are a Badass Every Day: How to Keep Your Motivation Strong, Your Vibe High, and Your Quest for Transformation Unstoppable
  • You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
  • You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • Didn't See That Coming: Putting Life Back Together When Your World Falls Apart
  • Unfuck Your Brain: Using Science to Get Over Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Freak-Outs, and Triggers
  • Everything is F*cked: A Book About Hope
  • Start Here
  • Joy at Work: Organizing Your Professional Life
  • Outer Order, Inner Calm: Declutter & Organize to Make More Room for Happiness
  • The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People's Lives Better, Too)
  • Stop Doing That Sh*t: End Self-Sabotage and Demand Your Life Back
  • How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t: 14 Habits that Are Holding You Back from Happiness
  • 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do: Take Back Your Power, Embrace Change, Face Your Fears, and Train Your Brain for Happiness and Success
  • Living the 7 Habits: Stories of Courage and Inspiration
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones

News & Interviews

“You can’t give of yourself to others if there’s nothing left of yourself to give, can you?” 8 likes
“Proven fact: You can never finish something you didn't start.” 4 likes