Start by marking “Laurent and the Beast (Kings of Hell MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Laurent and the Beast (Kings of Hell MC, #1)

(Kings of Hell MC #1)

Nothing can stop true love. Not time. Not even the devil himself.

1805. Laurent: Indentured servant. Desperate to escape a life that is falling apart.
2017. Beast: Kings of Hell Motorcycle Club vice president. His fists do the talking.

Beast has been disfigured in a fire, but he’s covered his skin with tattoos to make sure no one mistakes his scars for weakness. The accident
Published April 29th 2017 by Acerbi & Villani ltd

To ask other readers questions about Laurent and the Beast, please sign up.

Judith
5+ Stars.

An amazing,captivating story.

It's no secret that K.A. Merikan are two of my favourite MM Authors.Their stories are brilliantly unique-you never quite know what to expect.This is a very well thought out,cleverly written story.What happens when two worlds collide and two very different men are drawn to each other.One,completely innocent and one worn down by a life he never envisaged for himself.

-1805

Laurent Mercier is just 19,an indentured servant,separated from his family.He cuts quite
Tanu Gill
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This book was SO amazing that I am left feeling speechless right now! I loved Laurent and Beast (Kai ❤) and everything that happened from the start to the end. When I started reading (after procrastinating so much because it was a bit longer than the books I usually read), this is what I felt:

*spoilers ahead*

And I wasn't wrong, guys, in feeling and saying that. Every event that happened made me feel something, whether it was eager curiosity as to how Laurent came to be in front of Beast--which g
K.A. Merikan
Jan 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

Laurent and the Beast

I mean... Just LOOK at this amazing cover by Natasha Snow Designs !

Chapter 1 - http://kamerikan.com/laurent-and-the-...

It's a long erotic M/M romance with a distinctly gothic feel. Time travel, bikers, and devil pacts. Bookish clerk meets tattooed all over biker.

Doing the Pinterest for this is SO much fun :> https://uk.pinterest.com/KAMerikan/la...
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

So many things about this story had me reading long into the night:

- the time travel element: intense and wrapped up in dark magic

- the creepiness of the house where Beast and the gang live: dusty mirrors, flickering lights, creaking staircases, satanic symbols on the floor

- the historical aspect (The book is set in the present, but Laurent was born in the late 18th century; his obsession with plastic knows no bounds.)

- the epic romance: jealousy, anger, lust, LOVE

- Beast's friendship with
Jewel
“Midway upon the journey of our life, I found myself within a forest dark. For the straightforward pathway has been lost.”

Time travel. Deals with darkness. Murder. Laurent and the Beast combines the innocence of an early 19th century young man with the grit of a 21st century motorcycle club. And what a pleasure and joy it was to read. I've read time-travel stories before, but none so gripping and original as this one. I loved the premise, the execution and the resolution and if it weren't fo
Ele
5+++ stars!

Ok, I'm going to fangirl all over K.A.Merikan in about 0.5 seconds. You 've been warned.

Holy shit! OMG! What was this? What did I read? Best paranormal story there is, and I don't do paranormal. Time travel, serial killers, impossible choices, a motorcycle club, and the devil himself are in this book! Also, history, genealogy, and occultism, all masterfully wrapped up in a beautiful bow! So.incredibly.GOOD!

I understand now why people love time travel stories. It was fascinating seeing
Barbara➰
I'm not going to lie...when I read the blurb for this book, I knew I was going to read it no matter what. It hit my iPad and I started reading it immediately. I read it as fast as I could. I was ensnared from page 1.

It had some of my favorite troupes: Beauty and the Beast, MM, Time-Travel, Good vs. Evil, Paranormal/Magic. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. I DEVOURED IT.

∞1805∞Laurent was a gentle and beautiful soul. He only wanted to be loved by a man and treated with respect. He did not want to be proper
Eli Easton
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very much 5 stars. I loved this. I couldn't stop reading it, flaking off a whole day of writing to keep going! It has contemporary elements, but is mostly a fantasy. The time travel element is not overdone, but it's there, and out-of-place Laurent behaves in the manner you'd expect. His old-fashioned dialog was very cute. I liked that Beast had a temper, he wasn't perfect. And the miscommunications between these two made total sense given their different perspectives. But of course love wins and ...more
Jaime
Laurent and the Beast from K.A. Merikan is a fantastic book!! I have recently been in a binge reading mode and the author of choice has been K.A. Merikan. I have plowed through numerous books by this writing duo and loved each and every one - they are beautifully twisted masterpieces! Laurent and the Beast was one of the last books I read from these authors but it has made a lasting impression and I am seriously dying for the next book in the series! (Not to mention a couple other books by these ...more
~Mindy Lynn~
What a unique book!

These ladies are very talented and every story they come up with is unique and something you know your not going to get from any other author. They are fearless in their story making. They write about things that make you uncomfortable and yet in the end, make you love. They write about kinks that most would not touch on. This is just another one of those out of the box stories that I felt iffy about and ended up completely enjoying.

Beast is covered in scars and tattoos. His a
Meags
4.5 Stars

Laurent & the Beast held me completely captivated from the turn of the first page. I literally lost sleep over this one; it was addictive and moreish and unputdownable and utterly unlike anything I’ve ever read before.

Dark, gritty, and mesmerizing, Laurent & the Beast follows the story of two very different men falling in love under fairly dark and mysterious circumstances. With one hell of a chip on his shoulder, Beast is a disfigured ranking member of the Kings of Hell Motorc
Dia
3 stars

It seems time traveling stories are not for me. I couldn't get to love this one. I'm in the minority here as almost all my friends loved this.

I was really excited to read this new series by my favorite duo writers, but I think my expectations were too high. I couldn't really get into the story. The characters seemed so childish. Childish to say the lest. Laurent's ignorance was understandable, he traveled 212 years in the future, but he was very annoying at times. The miscommunication ma
DW
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kings-of-hell-mc
4 Stars for Laurent and the Beast!!!

This was a very strange yet also very unique story about what true love is and that no matter what, you will fight for love and freedom. You might even make a deal with the devil himself.

I admit to being confused in the beginning with the time jump but then all of a sudden it made sense.

Laurent was from 1805. He was a servant who desperately wanted his freedom. He also wanted to love openly with another man. He gets into a predicament and is forced to make a
Virginia Books
Dark

Obscure

A twisted fantasy tale.

This is the story of two worlds colliding. Future and past. 1805 and 2017 converging for just one reason: the constant human need to be more, to be better, to be what we are not. Two timelines joining together two different, but lovable guys. A sweet love story flooded by dark magic. And yes, you've read right, to me it was sweet. Very.
A novel that tells us about human evilness and ambition. A dark tale about our particular beauty and the beast.

"The path to Para
Shin Mon Thway
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I don't know how I feel about this book.

First, half of this book until 50% was amazing. It's not entirely illogical how Laurent made a pact with the evil to escape his horrible fate after murdering Mr. Fane in self defense and how he was transported to 2017. And I love that how there was an instant attraction between Laurent and the beast and how their relationship developed from that.

And from around 60% of the book after L&B (bow chicken wow wow for the first time .. 😁) to ar
Amanda
I want to shriek that this book is absolutely AMAZEBALL!! But then I worry I came on too hard and people will be skeptical of my review. Well, fuck that! I love this one so much, definitely my best of 2017 yet, and I might just be feeling a smidgen of disloyal to my other boys, Dom and Seth.

KA Merikan, the power duo seems to incorporate every little things that I love in a fiction to fit inside a book.

1. M/M - two cocks, nuff said.

2. Beauty and the Beast - I'm diehard B&B fans where the Be
Ariana
When I read this in the blurb, my head whip-lashed and I went .... what?

"Themes: time travel, servitude, serial killer, cruelty, motorcycle club, alternative lifestyles, disability, demons, tattoos, impossible choices, deception, crime, self-discovery, healing, virginity, black magic, gothic"

How can all THIS be in one novel? And how can it even work? And then all those 5 star reviews came in. So I simply had to. Despite my reservations.

I mean: (Little) ME and bikers? (I read exactly ONE bikers
River
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, 5-stars
2017
Beast is part of the Kings of Hell MC, his father is the president of the club and the club's property is an ancient building.
Beast's skin was burned in an accident more than 10 years ago, he decided to mark his body with tattoos to own his condition, he prefered people look at him with fear and not pity or disgust.
After a club party Beast's dog, Hound, finds a man in one of the rooms in the building and the man is dressed in victorian clothing, Beast is instantly wary, how did this man g
Dani
Absolutely fantastic!

Bikers, time travel, dark magic, banter, splendid writing. What’s not to love about this book? I devoured it and I hated those moments where RL made me put the book aside because I was so engrossed I didn’t want to stop.

The whole idea of a bikers' club has always drawn me. Hot men with leather jackets, bikes, and tattoos? Pffs, please count me in.

Besides, this is a story that contains so much more that it was almost impossible for me not to love it. It’s my first book of K
Cadiva
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
EDIT: Right, I'm at my desk now so I can properly give this review the attention it deserves. You know what I love most about reading? It's that sometimes you find a book with a subject that you didn't even know, until you read it, that you'd needed to have in your life.

This book is one of those. Ask me if I wanted to read about a time travelling book clerk hooking up with a scarred and tattooed motorcycle club bad boy to fight against a devilish (yes the actual Devil) plot and I'd have been "wh
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Might contain spoilers* ⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

This book centers around indentured servant from 1805, Laurent Mercier (19) and Kings of Hell Motorcycle Club vice president, (view spoiler) ‘Beast’ (32) from 2017. Beast is disfigured in a fire, covered in tattoos and refuses to let people think he's weak just because of his scars. Laurent is desperate to become a free man, a master of his own life. When Laurent makes a deal with the ‘devil’, he time travels to 2017 where he meets Beast
Lorraine Lesar
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No spoiler review.
“Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as an angel".
Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Black as the devil: King.
Hot as hell: Beast.
Pure as an angel: Laurent.
Sweet as love: Beast and Laurent together.

Yet again another winner from the Merikan Stable (do they ever write anything else?).
To say it was riveting and amazing doesn't cut it - it was so much more than that. Yes, it's brutal, gritty and some may even say OTT, but it's beautiful as well - only these two auth
☙ percy ❧
god this was so good.

the characters were so well developed (maybe the antagonist was slightly too morally unambiguous but he was still a good character because it's not clear who the antagonist is at the start) and i really liked the time-travel mystery and the romance. and oh my god, the plot twists. the one at the ending was maybe predictable because i was like "omg of course" but at the same time i didn't expect it and i was internally screaming.

k.a. merikan are definitely getting better an
Anja
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

First of all, I have to mention the cover, because it's everything! <3

Beast has been in an accident that's left him disfigured. To cover up the scars, he had pretty much his whole body and face tattoed. But the tattoes don't help his damaged ego and in some regards, they've even made things worse for him because people are dicks and they judge other people by their appearances. Some of those scenes brought me to tears. Because even though Beast looks like...well a "beast", that couldn'
Ariadna
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Actual rating is 3.2

It seems that M/M versions of Beauty and the Beast became one of the "it" tropes (maybe cuz of the live Disney movie? #Idunno). After all, I ended up with 5 (F-I-V-E) BatB!M/M novels by different authors.

Out of the bunch, K.A. Merikan’s seemed to be most original (if not colorful) of the bunch. I mean, there is a motorcycle club, time travel, deals with the devil, dark magic… you know, tons of shenanigans.

Even though it had a grim start, I was quickly having a total BLAST th
Chelsea
First Buddy read with Lost in a Book and we did pretty well, to finish around the same time across opposite time zones :-P.

4 hearts!

That was really enjoyable! I love it when a long book captures your attention and keeps you staying up late to see what will happen!

There were lots of aspects I loved about this book. Laurent, a twenty year old man from the year 1805 who is hopeful, innocent and secretly a very determined and brave man.

Then Beast, who was given his name due to his tattooes from the
Helen
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

What's not to love about a gay , time travelling , biker romance ??

Nothing , it was great .
I liked it as much as Laurent loves Plastic , which is a lot !

I will definitely be checking out the next in this series .
Santy
It’s been quite some time since my last K.A. Merikan book and I’m happy to report that these two ladies haven’t lost their touch.

Typical with their books, it was definitely not hearts and flowers but compared to some of the stuff I’ve read from them, this one was practically sugary sweet and I.LOVED. IT.

I absolutely adored Laurent and Beast both as individuals and together as a couple.

Reading about Laurent discovering all the modern amenities we take for granted was so funny(his fascination wit
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4.25 stars.

I never knew how addictive paranormal romance are. Until now. Because holy hell you just can't stop reading them once you start. Laurent and Beast have more things in common than they realize. No matter how different they are. Even if they're from different centuries.

Their first meeting didn't start off like any other would. Neither did their romance. But you could feel their chemistry.

This is the first time travel book I've ever read and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The reason I didn'
CaRo
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is really refreshing. I didn't know what I got myself into by the first time and yesterday I decided to reread the books in order to carry on with book 4.

Laurent is a little brat but loveable nontheless. Beast is drowning in self pity but we love him anyway. The plot which carries the love story is enjoyable and great. It is different and for me it sometimes was little bit too "scary" or to say it better the horror elements were nearly too much for me. (I am such a softie since my daug
  • Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)
  • Liquid Glass
  • (Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1)
  • Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder (Chance Assassin, #1)
  • Bloodline (Norwood #2)
  • Hexbreaker (Hexworld, #1)
  • Demon Arms (The Paranormal Academy For Troubled Boys #1)
  • Quinn's Gambit (AURA, #1)
  • Turbulence (Turbulence #1)
  • Guarding His Melody (Enhanced World Standalone)
  • Tainted (Channeling Morpheus, #4)
  • How to Save a Life (Howl at the Moon, #4)
  • Nephilim Prophecy (The God Code, #1)
  • The Prince's Boy: Volume One (The Prince's Boy, #1)
  • Protection
  • Duet
  • Warlock in Training (Studies in Demonology, #1)
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

K. A. Merikan are a team of writers who try not to suck at adulting, with some success. Always eager to explore the murky waters of the weird and wonderful, K.A. Merikan don’t follow fixed formulas and want each of their books to be a surprise for those who choose to hop on for the ride.

K.A. Merikan have a few sweeter M/M romances as well, but they specialize in the d

Kings of Hell MC (5 books)
  • My Dark Knight  (Kings of Hell MC, #2)
  • On Your Knees, Prospect (Kings of Hell MC, #3)
  • Gray's Shadow (Kings of Hell MC #4)
  • In the Arms of the Beast (Kings of Hell MC #5)
“Beast wondered bitterly if Laurent’s morals and convictions would have been as stern if it was Knight who’d tried to get into his pants. He’d probably come up with some stupid excuse after the deed was done, along the lines of, ‘Oh, I didn’t know sucking cock meant attraction!’. “Why” 0 likes