Start by marking “Find Me” as Want to Read:

Find Me

Five years ago, Rosa walked to the end of the pier in the dead of night. She looked into the swirling water, and jumped. She was a brilliant young Cambridge student who had just lost her father. Her death was tragic, but not unexpected.

Was that what really happened? The coroner says it was. But Rosa's boyfriend Jar can't let go. He sees Rosa everywhere – a face on the

Published February 9th 2017 by Head of Zeus

To ask other readers questions about Find Me, please sign up.
Jamie I'd skip the book. I wasn't expecting it (I listened to the audio) and then out of nowhere came the animal torture. It made me lower my rating to 1*.…moreI'd skip the book. I wasn't expecting it (I listened to the audio) and then out of nowhere came the animal torture. It made me lower my rating to 1*. (less)

Start your review of Find Me
Zoe
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gritty, dark, and disturbing!

Find Me is a complex, creepy thriller that takes you into the life of the tormented, grief-stricken Jar as he embarks on a relentless and harrowing journey to discover, once and for all, the true fate of his girlfriend Rosa who allegedly committed suicide five years prior.

The prose is intense and tight. The characters are skeptical, focused, resilient, and in some cases depraved.And the plot, told from multiple perspectives,quickly unravels as it spins you through an
K.
Trigger warning: psychological abuse, animal abuse.

Another day, another "I wanted a crime-y thriller but this turned out to mostly be a spy thriller but then turned INDESCRIBABLY psychological in the last 20% WTF even is this book??" book.

I nearly DNFed this so many times during the first two thirds of the book. There was spy stuff. I really didn't like Jar as a character. I didn't give a shit what happened to Rosa. It was a non-chronological narrative, which I really hate as a plot device. And
Bill
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.0 Stars

I received a free copy of Find Me by J.S. Monroe through the Goodreads Print Book Giveaway program. This is my fair and honest review …

This one was fun! The further along I got in the book, the more I noticed I was spending lots of time thinking about how I might be able to adjust my schedule to carve out more reading time each day to more quickly return to the search for Rosa Sandhoe. A 3.5 Star read I’m rounding up to 4.0 Stars for the thrill of the search and captivating story
Sam (Clues and Reviews)
Find Me, the upcoming psychological thriller by J.S Monroe, was a book that can only be described as mind-blowing. Slow building and perplexing, I spent half my time reading unsure of what was happening and going back to reread pages. I didn’t know whom to trust and I didn’t know who was reliable. Needless to say, in the end, when all was said and done, I sat back in awe of Monroe. What. A. Wild. Ride.

This one opens in the middle of the action, I found myself trying to clutch for any
Karen Whittard
Thank you to Netgalley, Head of Zeus and J.S.Monroe for the opportunity to read this book for an honest review.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance reader copy of this book.

You can find my review on both Goodreads and Amazon. On goodreads.com/karenwhittard and on Amazon under k.e.whittard from publication date.

For me I like to have the book grip me from the very first page to leave me hooked and wanting more. Or to simply sink me into the the book with a happy feeling that I can't wait to read
Warrengent
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rosa's story had me hooked, although I loved the book, it had quite a few twists,and turns that I had to re-read some paragraphs.
This added to my enjoyment of the book as the diary and plot kept me guessing,would highly recommended.
Thanks everyone at NG and the publisher's for allowing me to read this gripping and intriguing book.
Laura Rash
I liked the storyline of this but it was a little confusing. Alternating from POV & a diary (that I wasn't sure was fact, fiction or altered) it was hard to keep track & I kept having to reread parts. I also predicted the "big secret" very early.

Thanks to Harlequin books for this goodreads giveaway in exchange for review.
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
I had seen this cover on social media, and needless to say I was intrigued so I was delighted to get a review copy.

I had no idea what to expect because the cover literally gives nothing away so when I got it I saw that it was a flip book, in that you read half and then turn it upside down and read from the other cover and then meet in the middle! It was my first book like this, so that in itself was a novelty!

I don’t want go into the plot, because I’m mindful that I may give something away! What
Aoife
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from Head of Zeus in exchange for an honest review.

Jar Garlath has never gotten over the death of his college girlfriend Rosa who was suspected of taking her own life, and her body was never found. Jar is convinced that Rose may still be alive and has a habit of hallucinating her. But when he sees her, clear as day, at a train station, he knows something's up and it sparks a series of events that leads him down a dark and dangerous path as he tries to get to the
Diana
Dec 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: discarded-shelf
Couldn't get much more than a few pages inside Jar's side of the story before the pace made me decide it wasn't for me.
Sammi
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twenty-sixteen
Review to come closer to publication date
Carol Irvin
2 and 1/2 stars.... It started out good and it fell apart but I finished it..
Olivia McMullan
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay to start with, this book was great! :)
I never saw what was going to happen and I certainly didn't guess the ending. When reading this book, It was so good I had trouble putting it down. Which to many people should be a good thing and I was one of those people. This book left me wanting more everytime I tried putting it down and it definitely left me with plenty of questions thatI was eager to find out.
However, some parts in the story was in my opinon, very disturbing and I was not a fan. If
Jill
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway, thanks to Harlequin and Goodreads for my copy. This started out as a good mystery with the boyfriend looking for the girlfriend he was sure wasn't dead, but it just got too disturbing for me towards the end and difficult to read in some parts. Not my cup of tea, but others may enjoy the intricate and parallel storylines.
Megan (Coffee by the Novel)
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Find Me is a great psychological thriller! I don’t want to give any more detail than what is provided in the blurb, but I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found Monroe’s take on this premise to be quite captivating. I was completely fascinated with the conspiracy theories and psychological references that he included within the story. Nothing was as I expected it to be and had me guessing the entire way through.

*Thank you to NetGalley, Harlequin, and J.S. Monroe for the
Kasa Cotugno
Early on, this seemed like a polished, accomplished thriller with a devious puzzle at the center. However, as improbable turn met improbable cul-de-sac, met coincidence met improbability, it bogged down and left me unmoved.
Paula Brandon
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Gone Girl knock-off in which a young man, Jar, still believes he sees his girlfriend, Rosa, everywhere he goes. The thing is, she died five years previously, due to suicide. What he sees are just "bereavement hallucinations". However, what if they're not hallucinations at all? Jar starts to question everything when Rosa's aunt gives him Rosa's diary, which she has just found. It throws up all sorts of questions about her "death".

(view spoiler)
Farshana S A
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vr-lib
Another psychological thriller which until the last few pages had me believed belonged to the spy category. Brilliant in its detail and mind boggling narrative, I think the author has done a wonderful job in creating a story line which oscillates between different narratives. It did seem confusing initially becoz the diary entries are not in any sort of order, they seem to be all over the place but once you get to the part 2 of the story,there's no time to gasp.
There's much animal cruelty and
Roxanne
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like a 3.5, interesting premise, kind of confusing execution.
Vikki
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This review is for an ARC I received from the Amazon Vine program

"Find Me" is a tense novel that grows ever tauter as one closes in on the climax.

Jar's girlfriend Rosa is assumed to have committed suicide.
She has recently lost her father in death. He was a man who was involved in political intrigue, yet who was also a loving single father.
His death has affected her deeply, and it is thought that Rosa has taken her own life out of grief.
Someone claims to have seen her jump into a river where it
Megan Jones
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five years ago, Jar lost the love of his life when Rosa jumped off a bridge. Rosa was a brilliant Cambridge student struggling with the death of her father, a tragic loss. Jar has never believed she died and sees her everywhere. Then Jar receives an email pleading with him to find her before they do. Is Rosa dead? If she is then who is behind the emails?
Firstly I have to say I loved this book, this novel screams thriller all the way through and is an incredibly exhilarating, suspenseful read. To
Barred Owl Books
Intelligent thriller with well fleshed out characters

A sighting of a woman who supposedly died years ago sparks a desperate search for the truth in this breakout suspense thriller, perfect for readers of The Good Girl and The Widow.

Sometimes we choose to see only what we want. Sometimes what we see changes the way we look at everything…

Jarlath "Jar" Costello's girlfriend, Rosa, committed suicide when they were both students at Cambridge, and Jar has thought about her every day since. It's been
Charmaine Saliba
A gentle warming: Graphical scenes of animals torture.
I really enjoyed Find Me, it is a fast pace novel, cleverly written. Through the first part, I doubt everything and everyone.
Jar’s girlfriend committed suicide five years ago, her body was never found. He believes that she is still alive. On his way to work, Jar saw a young woman who looks like her, when he follows her, he is certain that that woman is his Rosa, but no one believes him, they think that he is suffering from bereavement
Jo-Ann Duff (Duffy The Writer)
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Share this post with the bookworm in your life who loves suspense!

Find Me begins five years after Rosa’s disappearance and apparent suicide. Jar, a handsome young Irish writer, and Rosa’s short term, yet deeply connected partner is still coming to terms with what happened to the love of his life. Was Rosa depressed and struggling to comes to terms with the death of her father? Would she really end her life? Is he really still seeing her, or is it bereavement hallucinations?

Jar needs help, and he
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Even five years after the suicide of his girlfriend, Rosa, Jar still has post-bereavement hallucinations of her - seeing her in various places, having calls with her late at night. He believes these are all signs that she is still alive out there somewhere. He knows this can't be, but then he receives a message from Rosa's aunt saying she's found Rosa's diary and she needs him to read it. This only increases his obsession with Rosa and he plummets into an underworld where nothing is as it seems ...more
Barnaby
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting, intelligent, with a surprising ending. A superior thriller.
Patty
By
J.S.Monroe

My first impression of this book...

As soon as I was into the first few pages of this book I needed to know what happened to Rosa. She is the character who committed suicide in this book...or did she? Jar is her boyfriend and he is plagued by what happened to her. He believes she is still alive and trying to reconnect to him.

What was going through my head as I read this book...

This book alternated between Jar's present day telling and Rosa's past at Cambridge...where they first
Lisa Doherty (Rambling Lisa's Book Reviews)
Review originally posted on Rambling Lisa's Book Reviews

I was invested in this story before I even opened the book. The concept behind it was a strange one and had my name written all over it. Your lover is declared dead and 5 years later you still don’t believe she is dead but no one believes you. They believe you are hallucinating but when you receive an email you realise you were right and it doesn’t matter who does or doesn’t believe you you are determined to find her. Who wouldn’t be
Lewis Szymanski
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways, 2017
I received this in a Goodreads giveaway.

An intelligent thriller with well fleshed out characters.

This psychological thriller by J.S. Monroe was slow building and perplexing. I spent half my time reading unsure of what was happening, I didn’t know whom to trust and I didn’t know who was reliable.

I really liked Jar as the main character. His feelings for Rosa were very genuine as was his grief for her. I liked his friendship with Carl and how he was able to be open and honest with him about
booksofallkinds
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FIND ME by J.S. Monroe is a psychological thriller that kept me guessing at every turn, and swept me along its troubled journey, effortlessly. As Jar tries to unravel all of the lies and secrecy surrounding Rosa's supposed death, he begins to realise that she had kept a lot hidden from him during their relationship. But as he delves deeper into her story, he knows one thing for certain - she did not kill herself that night five years ago, and the deeper he digs, the more danger he is in. Where ...more

• What Falls Between the Cracks (Porter & Styles #1)
  • Just Before I Died
  • The Good Mother
  • In Her Shadow
  • The Picture On The Fridge
  • The Girl in the Train: A Short Story
  • Το σπίτι με την κόκκινη πόρτα
  • Girl Number One
  • Η Αγαπημένη των Θεών
  • Uskollinen lukija
  • Believe Me
  • Τοξικά Μάτια
  • Το λιμάνι των χαμένων γυναικών
  • Don't Wake Up
Jon Stock is a British Author. He read English at Magdalene College, Cambridge and lives in Wiltshire with his wife and children.

The Other you, his latest thriller written under the pseudonym J.S.Monroe, was published in January 2020 to widespread critical acclaim. "I doubt many other psychological thrillers published this year will be as propulsive and fun" - Daily Telegraph; "A clever mash-up of
“found out about your dad?’ ‘Then I escaped. I wanted to tell” 0 likes