Start by marking “Amniwar” as Want to Read:
Amniwar

Amniwar

**Warning Adult 18+** Sexual Content, Violence, and Explicit Language

Amniwar by Adam Reese ©2017

Humans are in danger of extinction due to the multiple world wars that have progressively shaken the fabric of society. The government discovers a leak, leading them to a Navy Captain's son, Aaron Lambright. Their desperate actions to bring silence to the secret Aaron holds is o
ebook
Published February 21st 2017 by Adam Reese

To ask other readers questions about Amniwar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amniwar

Michelle
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I rate this book 4.5 stars and recommend to all book lovers looking for an exciting, gripping read.

Amniwar is not a book that I would normally go for, however, I am a big fan of this author and I wanted to read something totally different from Adam Reese and to see if he could hold my attention and draw me in to this unique read.

Amniwar was so much more than what I was expecting it is a complex read following several different character's that you will need to take the time to read and really d
Home Is Where the Wine Is Book Blog
Adam Reese's writing is infectious. His ability to write in multi-genres is equally impressive.

This page turning story follows the main character Adam Lambright and his quest to discover the secret that his father doesn't want anyone to find but Adam. Secret coordinates...codes...conspiracy theories. I couldn't put it down. There are so many twist and WTF moments you will not be disappointed. And OMG I loved Sandy.

Favorite Scene: Sandy and Abi's "adventure" at the harbor.
Romarin Demetri
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amniwar follows a cast of characters who are deep into a government conspiracy. Reese's descriptions concerning horror or gore were fantastically chilling and well done. The sexual content of the book seemed like forced scenes without much relevance to the plot. There isn't a female character I relate too, and most of them only seem to be brought when they have a part to play in the protagonist's desires. I think strong females are needed in Science Fiction, and that they shouldn't have to be se ...more
Heather 123
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it
A great story for those who love conspiracy theories and scenarios where the world as we know it is no longer. The author does a great job keeping you in the moment and making you feel as if you are right there with the characters.

The book at times was confusing as there were a lot of characters to keep track of so the reader needs to pay close attention to all the details as you try to figure out what everyone's motives are.
Brooke
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a Sci-fi book from Adam. He has done it again with this book. It is detailed and enthralling. When you start you won't want to put it down. It gives you the information you need to except that this book can happen. I recommend it for anyone who enjoys getting lost in a book. Great read, I look forward to the next installment.
Maria Weeks
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would describe Amniwar as a SiFi thriller, a different genre for Adam Reece and because of his excellent track record I decided to embrace the type of book I would usually shy away from, I'm glad I did!

I don't want to re write the synopsis, so I'll just say our unlikely hero, Aaron Lambright is left facing mystery, intrigue and inner demons when he receives word of his Father's death.

I found Amniwar to be a conspiracy theorist's dream, I don't want to give away spoilers but if you feel governi
Karen - Kazza's Books Blog and Reviews
My rating 4.5 Stars

When you start this book be prepared for it to consume you. Take it slow, invest yourself into the book as there is plenty going on and you don't want to miss anything.
As with a Sci/fi thriller there are many characters and all play a significant role within the story. Conspiracy theories are ripe and just when you think people can be trusted, boom, twist upon twist that you just don't see coming.

Adam has certainly branched out into a genre in which I don't normally read but a
Amy Lynn
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adam has done it again. he drew me into a story, made me fall in love with the characters, and i got lost. i couldnt believe there was no more when i turned the last page.

amniwar is so much different from his other books, with that same touch of adam we are familiar with.

Amniwar is not your typical scifi book either. its almost frightening how true to life something like this could be. The characters are relateable, and you can bond with them instantly.

my only problem is that it wasnt long en
Heather Matlock
Best movie you'll ever read!

Although this book is completly out of my relm of normal reads, I am a fan of this author. If I said I was not lost at times I would be lying and wouldnt be doing anyone any sort of service. I admire his writing style. He puts you dirctly in the moment .. you are in the "now" of the story.
There are several people that make up this story and it is the type that if your going in for a quick read.. its not your thing. He is so good at his craft that you have to read it a
Stacy Stewart
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is not the typical genre that I read but I loved Adam's other books so I wanted to give AmniWar a fair chance. And I loved it. It had corrupt government officials, conspiracy theories, and innocent people that were being hunted down for secrets they didn't know they had. I really couldn't put it down and that ending about killed me. Well done Adam!!
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
Totally new genre and author to me........ and I loved it! It was fast paced and had so many layers to the story, which lead to me flicking the pages on my kindle at a record rate. I found the characters well developed and the detailed story, enthralling. Can't wait to read Eversoul now, as I need to find out what happens next!
Joanna Reeves
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

I'm not a fan of sci fi but this has as much of thriller element to it as sci fi which I do enjoy. The author has an amazing imagination and the book is well written, the action is exciting and flows nicely. I have so many questions now, who is good, who are the villains, who can be trusted. I need to read the next in the series
Juliana Ignácio
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I read by Adam Reese. This is not the kind of story I usually read, but I liked it.
The story is very well written and I really enjoyed the suspense.
The characters are very interesting.
Nanette
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deep

An awesome read! Cliffhangers! Love and hate them! Deep and very intense! Hard to imagine what happens next! Well done Adam!
PatiQlee
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Book

Loved this story and want so much more
It was twisted and intriguing
Kept you curious for more
Awesome book
Mandy Kim
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was absolutely in love with this book. Adam Reese keeps me entertained from the moment I open the book to the time I close it.
Rebecca Austin
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-blood
Captain Weston Lambright is in the Navy and is on an aircraft carrier when it is involved in an epic storm and he doesn't make it out.

Aaron Lambright spends most of his time drunk and on his boat. When he receives a blank letter from his dad he is confused but after a visit from his Uncle Ron he is left wondering what is going on.

But there is something looming on the horizon and it's not good for mankind. Who is working for themselves and who is trying to protect the innocent people for what's c
Donna Owens
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adam Reese is amazing
I simply loved this book from being to end
I can't wait to read more from this awesome author
Would recommend this to all
A.D. Herrick
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love, love

Absolutely loved the story. I couldn't believe I had hit the end!! I can't wait to read more! The story grabs you and doesn't let you go as you flip page to page following a long story. I swear I can't get enough I need more, like yesterday!!
Carissa Janes
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
We are plunged into a world of many players, and there seems to be several things going on in this book. I believe it is the first in a series, and it sets things up well. Governments are involved, and looking for a secret that only Aaron seems to be able to figure out. Lots of different people and situations are introduced in this book, and I can't wait to read more to see how they come together and what happens!
Sherry  Morris
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more books by this author. I like how the story and characters are unfolding as you read. I recommend reading this book.
Tanaka K
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adam Reese is one of my favourite authors and I freaking love all his books. There is always something special in Adam Reese’s books that make me go insane. Fuck, I am always on a crazy bender but that is so beautiful because his books are always on my mind. Amniwar is just one of those books that proved to linger in my mind because it was amazing. It was a phenomenal book that combined a unique and exciting story that made my heart quicken in the best way ever. Adam Reese definitely came up wit ...more
Karen Voitik
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
>Book review – Amniwar

>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the first in a series and ends in a cliffhanger. Aaron is a drunk living on his boat, trying to save his relationship, while being tempted by his assistant. Landon is Aaron’s brother. He is in the military and is confused when very odd things start happening. The death of Landon’s and Aaron’s father bring about the plot twists in this story revolving around Aaron, Landon and their uncle, Ron.

>There is a government conspir
Book-Lover Book Blog
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not one for sci-fi/fantasy novels, they're not usually my cup of tea; the same goes to TV shows and movies too. But I admit, this was quite a good read! I've come to learn that Adam is a talented writer with a brilliant imagination.

We're introduced to an array of characters with completely different scenes, which is where I found myself being completely thrown for a loop and was pretty confused with the significant of each scene. By the end of the book, I understood a little bit more of what
Natasha Hooks
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another new genre to me, but a very interested story that kept you wondering what was going to come next. The book starts off graphic and kinda has you wondering what the heck is going to happen. Very Sci Fi meets Mystery, meets Thriller. Very graphic, but when isn't on of the authors books graphic. It was an interesting read. I was able to read the book prior to being released and then after, the concept was capturing.

Aaron Lambright has to go through so many different things and emotions and
Barb
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this author so of course I had to check out his new release. Sci fi is not my usual choice, but if it is yours and you are thinking green aliens - Wrong! This was a good read that could be reality, are we sure it's not. The Lambrights have a secret, the government want to know that secret at all cost.
Kim Byrd
OMG!!! Whether you are a science fiction fan or not, this is one book you have GOT to read!!!!

One of the things I absolutely LOVE about Adam's books is, he writes his stories in a way that literally pulls you into the book and ignites your thought process. This book is does it in full force! It makes you stop and think of the reality of what is really happening at the top and who actually has the control, pulling the strings.

I absolutely could not put this book down! If this isn't the genre you
Mona williams
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
this was a interesting book i read. not my usual read. i was kinda lost at first because they kept going back and forth from past present and from person to person. thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
LISA
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book had lots of depth and the characters were easy to connect with. However I did find it a little confusing at times and had to skip back a few times to get a grip with the plot which I didn't really feel became clear until three quarters of the way through, that being said sci fi is not my usual genre. I did like this book I just didn't love it.
Kimberly O'connell
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not my usual genre but I have to say I couldn't put this book down. The book was like a thrill ride that you never want to get off of. This was my first book by Adam Reese and I have to say he has made me come back for more. Amazing story line I felt like I had to put the book together like a giant jigsaw puzzle and I loved every moment of it