Start by marking “Behind the Lens” as Want to Read:
Behind the Lens

Behind the Lens

(Laughing P #2)

A single moment. A lifetime of waiting.

This year would make one hell of a scrapbook, if Lexi was into that sort of thing. She's been stalked, held hostage, tortured, had a shootout that would rival the OK Corral, and to top it off, she turned over the reins of the Laughing P.

Needing space, she saddles up for her annual hunting trip, but nothing seems to be going as planned
149 pages

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Lens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind the Lens

Sylvia Schneider
Kari has a GREAT story in 'Behind the Lens' and when I commented on a few little things that might make the technical aspects of the book better, she was more than willing to visit with me and was gracious besides! She wants to present a GREAT product, and was not offended to get mixed feedback. The story iteself is simply captivating and I even learned a few things, including my new favorite word "fluffle"!

I love how this tale picks up where Cracked But Never Broken left off, switching the poin
Allie Bock
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this second book of the series, the reader gets to see things from Lexi's POV. Lexi is stuck between the two Payne brothers, Damien and Darien. In the first book, Damien and her have grown apart. Lexi decided to end it between them so Damien can focus on controlling his demons. Damien is not happy about letting her go. Then she has to figure out her feelings towards Darien and if he feels the same way towards her.

Lexi's character really grew in this book. She was able to see that living life
Karen Lynne
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so @teamdamien until this book. I was so drawn in by the unintentional romance between the Darien and Lexi. They had such chemistry! I was yelling at Darien the whole book to take the plunge but he remained the perfect gentlemen! Again, you are drawn in with the characters and are easily sucked into the daily lives of the ranchers. Lexi is such a strong but yet needy character. I love reading about her! Onto the last. #teamdarien
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Behind the Lens (Laughing P Book 2)

The love story of Darien and Lexi. Lexi and Damien broken up, she troll him that she love him but was not in love with him. Now Darien, the man she had love since high school show interest in her but can they be more then friends? Can brother be brother when both love the same woman?
C.M. Bacon
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic sequel

This was a wonderful addition to Cracked but Never Broken. I enjoyed seeing things from Lexi's perspective, and Maw-Payne is sassy as ever. Kari Holloway is my author of choice in southern fiction.
Robert
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Holloway does a great job with this book, writing from Lexi's point of view this time. I didn't like this one as much as the first, but I still gave it 5 stars. Great story and I'm really looking forward to reading more from the author. She is a great talent.

esme crimmins
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Enjoyed the characters and can't wait to see what comes next. Hopefully you will let the other Payne boy have a happy ending too. I love a happy ending.
Dennis Doty
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-read-again
The quirky characters of the Laughing P come alive again in Behind the Lens, Kari Holloway’s follow-on novel to Cracked But Never Broken. This time, the story is told from Lexi’s perspective as she struggles with her secrets and inner demons. The vivid characters and landscapes of the Laughing P provide a perfect backdrop for the turmoil within. I’m a convert and can’t wait for book 3, as yet untitled, to be released.
J.S. Menefee
Apr 21, 2017
Marcella
Apr 23, 2018
Kari Holloway
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
cheryl slaton
Tammy Hudson
Apr 14, 2018
Danelle Cale
Jun 12, 2018
Kari Holloway is an American writer who grew up in Leesburg, Georgia. She dabbles in southern romances filled with iconic components of sexy cowboys and firefighters, explored the unexplained in her paranormal series, found her way to the battlefields of the Civil War, and to love's first kiss under the weeping willow through various anthologies.

Unsure of what her future holds, Kari enjoys writing

Laughing P (3 books)
  • Cracked But Never Broken (Laughing P, #1)
  • Never Too Late (Laughing P, #3)