Start by marking “Ethan Hades: Gods Among Men” as Want to Read:
Ethan Hades: Gods Among Men

Ethan Hades: Gods Among Men

There are men. And there are gods.

Ethan Hades falls into the god category . . . though the myths surrounding Hades are far different than the truth of who he really is. God of the Underworld is just one of his many responsibilities. After spending centuries alone, a scapegoat for anything and everything that goes wrong in the world, he’s given up on life. He gave up on l
Published January 19th 2017 (first published January 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Ethan Hades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ethan Hades

Gi's Spot Reviews
Now here was something I had never read until now!!! Kat Austen sure gave us something new and refreshing, because I read PLENTY about history of all Gods in multiple religions, specially this one, of Ancient Greece, but never before in a smutty sweetness point of view, and wasn’t that the most delicious surprise!!!

Ethan Hades is every bit of arrogant and all things HOT that he’s truly entitle to be – he is after all the god of the underworld, lol – but upon meeting the straight laced, pragmatic
D
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chantal ❤️
Jan 23, 2017 marked it as cant-read-this
HE IS A GOD, SHE IS A MORTAL

NO WAY DOES THIS END WELL, IMO!

description

But others, I hope you enjoy it.
Nicole
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
~4~ stars from me!!

That was a unique and very enjoyable story with an pretty wow factor that it contained a hero who is a God...furthermore it has bold and a little bit unusual characters which was refreshing well even though Ethan Hades is as i said a god he acted like most hot head masculine bold men and lots of cocky attitude.. yeah he had the "I have a big secret that makes me powerful but you can't figure out what because when you do then you'll think that you're crazy" but that made him
Libby Harrison

Beware of Spoilers!

Star Ratings:
Heroine (Holland): 2/5
Hero (Ethan): 3/5
Plot: 2/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none – both are virgins
HEA: yes with kids
Triggers: none

Average score: 2.5/5

Best Line: “I’m looking for a relationship. With you.”

Worst Line: none

Personal Review:
One of the most unrealistic supernatural love stories I have ever read! It is sweet and hot but totally not believable AT ALL – it was like the author didn’t even try!

Random Ramblings
•Loved that
Babel
What a hottie!

This Ethan Hades is one cocky god in disguise. Carrying guilt on his impenetrable body, he faces a no-nonsense doctor who doesn't fall for his charms but melts his hardened body.

Not only is this well written, but it's definitely original. It's set in a World Corps camp to help the people of Sudan. Among medical supplies and grueling hours, Holland and Hades challenge each other with provocative dialogues, unfulfilled lives and secrets that can doom a god.

It's a wonderful start of a
Book Snob Sue
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love me some Ethan.....dibs, dibs, dibs. I absolutely loved these two, their back and forth "foreplay", it was so hot, Ethan is one of the best dirty talkers ever.

Holland is a doctor working in Sudan to help out. Ethan is the God Hades and is there helping out too. When they first meet, she does not put up with any bs and he likes that she is not throwing herself at him. He ends up saving her and stays on her floor to make sure she is ok. He really is the perfect guy and loved this book, I am h
Emma
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In all honesty, I struggled with this one. It still scorching and swoon inducing BUT it made me question not only the length of the happily ever after, it also made me think about my own mortality. Something I prefer to think about less and less with each passing year.

I loved the portrayal of soul-mates within the narrative, when you find THE ONE there is no obstacle that can come between you. Fulfilment in all aspects of your life are achievable especially when your goals align so perfectly. Th
Janice Somers
OMG, this was the sweetest story of instant love with virgins and hot first time.
I wondered how this story was going to be written. I mean the God of the underworld, Hades. The one who has always been portrayed as the evil God, torturing souls for a life of wrong doing. This was not how this was written and I loved every word.

This is the story of Hades, God of the Underworld and finding THE ONE.
Ethan is working in Sudan constructing buildings, homes, etc. for the underprivileged. Holland is a
Linda Barrett
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kat Austen is a new author to me but after reading this book I will be downloading more of her books as I really enjoyed her writing style.
This book is very entertaining and is a great twist on the mythical Gods.
I'm a big fan of the Gods so I couldn't wait to see how the Evil Hades was portrayed in this book and it was a fantastic spin on things.
Ethan Hades is a man any mortal women would fall head over heels in love with as he is perfect in every single way.
He's not interested in women and is
R.f. Greenwood
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2017
Another amazing book from Kat Austen!

From the start i absolutely loved Ethan!
He was charming and lovable from the very first page.
He knew what he wanted and that was Holland!

Holland seemed abit prim and proper at first.
Bit of a stick up the a*se.
But then you read her side of it and she's none of them things!
She's just a woman that's been burned by previous relationships.

When Ethan and Holland finally get together they become explosive!
Melt the words right off your kindle - hot.

The ending in a
MillsyLovesBooks
"For all of you who deserve a god. Don't settle for a mere mortal."

I am such a sucker for a Kat Austen short read each and everyone i have loved and devoured.

This was such a different take on Hades the God of the underworld to what i have ever heard or read about so expect the unexpected when it comes to him.

"I'm not going to break your heart, I'm going to be the one who puts it back together."

But when it comes to the author Kat Austen we know were in for a fantastic short hot sexy romantic re
Amanda
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Ehh

I feel like all these books are the same, except the whole Gods thing was cool. I love those kinds of stories. It was ok for what it was. Definitely safe, both were virgins. With super sex words used heavily for a sexy shock value. It's just too much for me. I get it. You want to take her cherry and make her ask for it and plant your seed deep inside her virgin pussy to make babies.
Roanne Germaine
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I floved ETHAN HADES ! He's the God of the underworld who pursued and claimed an amazing mortal woman with the kindest heart, Dr. Holland Corbin, as The One. This is truly an enjoyable must-read novella !

I've read an advanced copy of this book and this is a fair and honest review voluntarily shared.
Karoline
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very different story than I have read before. Ethan Hades is a God and finds The One in a mortal human named Holland. Ethan knew it almost immediately but Holland needed some time to come to terms with the whole thing. It was a very sweet story with a great epilogue!
Kristie
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ethan Hades
By: Kat Austen

3.5 Star Review by Kristie K

Ethan Hades is a God among men…and irresistible among women…

Holland Corbin just finished medical school. Instead of taking one of the many high paying jobs offered her, she travels halfway across the world to serve as a doctor in the World Corps. Her desire to give back to humanity, and do something for someone other than herself outweighed the draw of a big paycheck. During a routine annual check up of the other humanitarian staff in the camp
Joann
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I am officially loving the concept of a book about a god!! Especially that God being one named Ethan!! This guy-- holy moly. He is a true force to be reckoned with, most especially when it comes to Holland. Even if the reckoning has to be done with Holland herself.
That's right folks- poor Ethan's greatest adversary is his little human love herself. The one woman alive that can't seem to break down her own defenses and fall for a god!! Luckily, this is Hades we're talking about, and he doe
Lisa Jo
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, ku
This was okay...I liked the premise and enjoyed it. It was quick, sexy read. Problem with that is that I thought it moved a bit too quickly and I felt the heroine succumbed to the heroes advances like a wet noodle. She was so tough in the beginning and once chapter later, she was all over him. Really disappointing. And Ethan was arrogant in the first chapter, then just a big teddy bear for the rest of the book. The idea was there and it help promise, but it just wasn't delivered in so short a bo ...more
Shellby
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel in love with this book as soon as I started reading. It is not quite what you image when you think about gods on earth. It isn't very supernatural. It is so spicy! The only thing I want more of was the book. I did not want it to end.

-NightWolf Book Blog
KKB
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't make sense, and it was too cheesy
Tracey
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ethan story was such a treat to read I really enjoyed the theme of this book. I had no problems following a long with the story great romance
Penny
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
4 “It’s all about the babies” Stars

If you have always pictured Hades as the ultimate bad-boy hot guy like me, then you’ll get a surprise when you read Ethan Hades. Ethan has lots to atone for, so he spends his allotted time on Earth working with humanitarian associations. While on a job site in Africa he meets Holland, the new camp’s doctor and sparks fly, mainly because it seems Holland hates his guts on principle.

Holland is tired of the upper society lifestyle her family wants for her. As soon
April Symes

This was the sweetest story of instant love that had virgins for H/h and their first time was Hawt Hawt HOT! This is taking on the Greek Mythology and doing a modern day spin to the story and wow, I totally love how the author approached this fresh look to the mythology.
This is the story of Hades, God of the Underworld and him finding his one and only. Ethan Hades (Hades) is the God of the Underworld, is spending time on Earth around the mortal people volunteering in the Sudan with World Corps.
Brandy Roberts
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a unique read I always love to read books that have to deal with gods it's been awhile since I'V come across one that I really liked and Ethan Hades was one of the good ones . Hades is usually played by the bad guy but that wasn't the case with this book he plays the cocky hero and I loved it . When the two characters meet you expect Holland to fall on the feet and try to get into hades is pants but with a pleasant surprise to us as the reader and more so Ethan she doesn't and igno ...more
Candy
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

I probably would have gave more stars because I enjoyed the writing style, I just didn't care for a certain aspect of the book
Tessa
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love knows no limits, boundaries or other realms of the universe. If you are lucky enough to find "The One" in your lifetime, it doesn't matter if you are mortal or immortal.

Ethan Hades is built like a god. He's strong, massive and incredibly sexy. He's the God of the Underworld. He is the fallguy for all that is wrong in the world. Therefore, has given up on life and sadly on love.

Holland Corbin walks into his path and she is a beauty to behold. She's perfect for him and the pull is magnetic.
Naurarwen
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ll say it straight away that I really enjoyed this book. The cover of the book drew me in immediately along with the blurb. Ethan is a god, having spent centuries alone he has given up on life and love. But what happens when Holland Corbin walks into his life.

I loved the whole premise of the story, and if anything I thought it was a little short. Not in a bad way either, I just wanted to hear more about these well thought-out characters. The writing and the story were both carefully planned ou
Glittering Review Blog
Ohh! Kat Austen is a semi-new author and I've been loving her reads! She's definitely making a name for herself in the world of romance reads!

Hearing the premise of this book I had high hopes cause I'm an inner geek for Greek gods so I was a little worried at first ... then I got about two pages in and I knew there was nothing to be worried about cause Kat takes us on a godly-good ride! Insta-love, virgins, a god ... sign me up!!!

Ethan is an alpha unlike any other cause of his god status ... he'
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ethan Hades has a secret, he's God of the Underworld. His laws state no sleeping with mortals, and he's followed it for a long time, until he meets Dr. Holland Corbin. Now he's ready to give everything up, but she's just intent on staying away from him. This is fast, and original story. Although Ethan was a god, he's a great alpha male without being a total douche. The chemistry swirls and hisses every time they are near each other, and it's so potent, I though my kindle was going to melt. Kat A ...more