Start by marking “Elissa Blue (The Winged #1)” as Want to Read:
Elissa Blue (The Winged #1)

Read Book

Elissa Blue

(The Winged #1)

Though she worried it might never happen, Elissa Blue finally has her wings. Now she has a short window of time to migrate to the Mating Mountain, find a husband, and get back down the impassable cliffs before she loses her ability to fly forever. If she doesn’t succeed, she’ll be stranded as a servant in the Old Castle for the rest of her life. And if she doesn’t choose h ...more
Published January 19th 2017 by Scarlet Note Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Elissa Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elissa Blue

Glen
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A girl grows wings. Now she has a short window of time to get to Mating Mountain, before her wings don't work. If she doesn't find a husband, her life is ruined, and if she finds the wrong husband, her life is ruined. Good luck!

Not bad, perhaps I'm not the target audience here.
Tammie
Reading Elissa Blue is like watching The Bachelor, only everyone has wings. Initially I thought this was going to be a book about fairies, but it ended up being about human-butterfly hybrids. It's hard to classify this book. It has a bit of a fantasy feel with some dystopian elements that are not all that fleshed out, but it also is a romance with a definite Christian aspect to it as well. The age of the characters make it fit into the new adult age group, but it's completely clean and reads lik ...more
Ashlynn
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Disclaimers: The synopsis section is ©Goodreads but the rest of the reviews are completely my words and of course the quote section is obviously from the book reviewed.
4.5 ⭐
Disclaimer
I received this book from the author in return for an honest review..

Overall Opinion's
◾The plot was essentially wonderful.
◾The writing was grand and exceptionally pleasing to me.
◾The characters were very developed and admirable.

Main Characters
🔳 Cari - I liked her character and I agreed with Elissa when sh
T.K.
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm the author, so of course I love it, and I hope you will, too. :)
Amy
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review from my 17 year old daughter:

Elissa Blue by T.K. Perry was a very diverse an unique story. T.K. Perry built and extensive and engaging world, inhabited by creatures different from any other I’ve ever read: Butterfly-human hybrids. I believe that she did an excellent job describing her world and these butterfly hybrids, though there were some strange details that I found borderline disturbing. For instance I thought the pheromone was weird.

The story has elements of fantasy and dystopian, b
Aly
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Human butterflies? Wow, what a fun and interesting idea. I enjoyed this book very much. The cover is beautiful as well, I have to add. This author is very good. A new realm, wonderful characters and just and exciting read. I loved the story and the romance and everything in between. I'm glad this book is a series! * I received this book from the author and this is my honest review*
Sydney
Author T.K. Perry brings to life a world of romance and winged people (human-butterfly hybrids) in her novel Elissa Blue. This story is filled with a grand adventure and fun characters. It’s about learning about oneself and migrating to Mating Mountain to navigate the tricky period of searching for a mate; a one true love. Strong themes in the story are friendship and love. Although there are some sensitive topics of infidelity, hormones, mating, etc., the author deals with these topics delicate ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Nov 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
I had a really hard time with this book. The characters in this book are, for the most part, in their 20's but they were SO immature! They way they acted, the way they spoke- all of it. The whole book revolves around mating and I kept having to tell myself that these were older characters not young teenagers. The other thing I had a hard time with was the "smells". These winged creatures go to a special place to mate and they all have scents. There was a lot of talking about the smells everyone ...more
Angie
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had to give this one 5 stars for several reasons... 1) it kept me up reading much later than I wanted to be awake several nights in a row because I just couldn't put it down. 2) It was a genre/world I don't usually read but it captivated me and left me excited for the next book in the series, and 3) I was in complete awe the whole time I was reading as I said to myself "My friend wrote this!!! Real people write books that I love!! Real people *THAT I KNOW* write books that I love!" It was so f ...more
Niki
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A friend of mine wrote this book so have been excited to read it. I loved it. Until the end I didn't know what was going to happen where in many books you feel they are so predictable. I loved all of the different characters in the book and felt like I could really see who they were. I think this would be a perfect book foe any young teenage girl who loves fairy tales and fantasy books.
Andrea
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

This was such a fun story. It sucked me in from the very beginning and I couldn't put it down. Great character development and full of wonderful plot twists that kept me in suspense until the very end. Delightful!
Anne Hayes
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unusually Good

So good in fact that I almost forgot it was fantasy. Well, perhaps that's a stretch. The character development of so many was unusually good. Definitely recommend reading this book.
ChattyChihuahua
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The main character was delightfully fiery and all of the characters in the book were likable, even if they had antagonistic qualities. It was an interesting mix of romance and science fiction, and I'd recommend it for anyone. :)
Liz
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a delightful easy-to-read fantasy that will delight the young romantic. The plot is unique and the characters interesting. I suspect we will see more from this author.
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway for an honest review.
S.K. Gregory
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
In a world where humans now have wings which sprout in your teens, Elissa is eager to get hers. An interesting premise with good characters. I would recommend it to YA and fantasy readers.
Kayla Robison
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. It was captivating and hard to put down. I was surprised by how great the story was to follow.
Biljen
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful! Elissa became a quick friend and I felt like we were on her journey together. It was funny, touching and emotional. Very well written. I loved it!
Suzie Waltner
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a bit of a departure for me in the YA I do read. It leans a little more toward fantasy than I normally like. Yet, following Elissa through her journey to womanhood and finding love was enjoyable, nonetheless.
Fair warning, there is a lot happening in this one, especially once Elissa makes it to what the kids have dubbed Mating Mountain. Once there, Elissa discovers family she didn’t know about previously and must sort through her hormones to discover her heart’s desire.
In truth, she
Gabrielle
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
The idea behind this book is very intriguing: imagine a world made up entirely of human/butterfly hybrids, with a bit of The Selection madness thrown in. Pretty cool, right? As unique as the concept is, it could have used some more development before going to print. 5 stars for ingenuity, minus 3 for poor development.

The plot meandered hither and yon with no clear direction or message. There was far too much going on, with not enough details to make any of it believable. I'm not totally sure wha
Rebecca
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
While romances aren't usually my favorite genre, the plot was great. The messages found in the book are a strong reminder to teens (the intended audience) that all our actions matter and we can't always take back words.
Eric Gittins
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
When this book arrived I was not sure if it was my style and put it aside as I had a dozen other books to revue. When I came to read it eventually I was hooked. It was based on an idea I had never come across before so I read on to find the storyline and became so engrossed by the characters That I finished it about 2.30 in the morning. The author has taken on an unorthodox idea and mastered it perfectly. This could have a "trashy" story however it is not and I would be pleased to recommend it t ...more
Kayla Duren
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was fun and lighthearted, that also had you eager for more. You never knew what was going to happen or what wpuld cone out of Elissa's mouth. This was honestly the most fun book I've read in a long time, I loved it. You really see her personality grow in this book, and you never know who she will choose as a husband, this book is good at keeping you on your toes. I applaud T.K. for creating such a unique story filled with such amazing charcters. Read this book you ...more
Kat Evans Hernandez
What a pleasantly different story! I loved it!! Great imagination to blend the insect world with the world of humans! A coming of age love story but not your typical one! The whole time I was reading this story I was imagining what it would look like brought to life on the big screen?

Great story T.K. Perry!!! I can't wait to read more about Elissa's and Mit's life!!
Sharon Kabo
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

Just what I needed, a lighthearted, feisty fun love story. Well written, characters you come to care about, and interesting story line. I just wish the next book was out...I need to find out what happens next!
Mary
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very nicely written YA book; a fairy tale of finding "the one." Lots of life lessons. However, at this stage in my life, I am an Elder. I would definitely recommend it for young adults.
Chresann Dsouza
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
simply simply simply great! my first ever fantasy read and it made me fall for it totally....such a wonderful and a fresh approach to writing ❤ Read my review for it on my blog post http://chrisycat.blogspot.in
InD'tale Magazine
1.5/5.0

This science-fiction romance has an original story concept that will pique the reader’s interest as soon as they turn the first page.

Read full review in the 2017 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Saumya Agnihotri
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways-won
Wow wow wow..
This book is awesome. I enjoyed it from the very first page and till the end. This book was a true fantasy which will take you to the another world. It was a page turner. Must read for fantasy lovers.
Ada Campbell
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Raging hormones and bad choices.

A desperate attempt to create a cute love story based on the need to breed as quickly as possible. Characters make one stupid decision after another with absolutely no thought process. The whole story takes about three days for girl to choose who to mate with. It is literally rush, rush, rush, don't think, make out with total stranger, multiple guys chasing you, bathe three times in one day, almost get raped, forgive would be rapist and blame yourself, cry a bit c
Camryn
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This plot was fun and something new, but a little messy. I felt like I never really got to know most of the characters, and the storyline seemed to move fast and drag on at the same time. Waiting for Elissa to pick a mate felt like spinning a top and waiting to see where it fell; it was all over the place before it happened, and there didn't seem to be too much rhyme or reason behind the choice. (view spoiler) ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Spies That Bind (Gallagher Girls, #0.5)
  • Destiny of Kings
  • Grace Period: My Ordination to the Ordinary
  • Clara's Soldier: A Retelling of the Nutcracker
  • Be Still My Breath
  • The Italians At Cleat's Corner Store
  • What a Kiss Can Do
  • No Limits (Smithson Group Companion #3)
  • The Hope Fault
  • Hot Sinatra
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • A Novel Mind
  • The Changeling Detective
  • hello distance
  • Jumbo: This Being the True Story of the Greatest Elephant in the World
  • High Tides: Wading Through Depression - Every Day
  • A Hero in Gray
  • To Become a Whale
T.K. Perry lives with her husband and daughter in a lovely Oregon forest filled with wildlife (there is probably a house, too, but that's less picturesque). When she isn't writing or watching said wildlife, she enjoys making jewelry, pretending to be a photographer, and trying to save the world (a frustrating task since she lacks both superpowers and a costume).

T.K. has a B.A. in International Re

The Winged (2 books)
  • Lexi Monarch (The Winged #2)