Start by marking “Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI, #6)” as Want to Read:
Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI, #6)

Remnants

(Brandon Fisher FBI #6)

All that remains are whispers of the past…

When multiple body parts are recovered from the Little Ogeechee River in Savannah, Georgia, local law enforcement calls in FBI agent and profiler Brandon Fisher and his team to investigate. But with the remains pointing to three separate victims, this isn’t proving to be an open-and-shut case.

With no quick means of identifyin
Published April 11th 2017 by Hibbert & Stiles Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Remnants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remnants

Start your review of Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI, #6)
Sherry Fundin
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love thrillers, suspense, murder and serial killers, not necessarily in that order. LOL

Remnants by Carolyn Arnold has them all.

It is amazing how quickly someone can just vanish. There one minute, gone the next.

Body parts are being found in a Georgia river. A leg here, an arm there, here a skull, there a torso, but no hands or feet. Why?

The parts don’t match. How many bodies are there?

A serial killer is on the loose.

Step by
Linda Strong
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Brandon Fisher is now a full-fledged FBI Agent, finally finished with his probationary period. Jack is the leader of this team, which also includes Paige and Zach. I mention these because this is book 6 of a series. I was afraid jumping in at this late date might lead to a lot of frustration and confusion as I haven't read any others of this particular series. No fear .. this is perfectly done as a stand alone. But as always, I recommend starting from the beginning to pick up all those back stor ...more
Whispering Stories
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The FBI, including Special Agent Brandon Fisher, have been called to attend a crime scene, which the local authorities think is the work of a serial killer. A skinless arm with no hand was found a few days ago on the bank of a river. Now another arm, plus a skinless leg missing it’s foot, has been found. All from different victims. All from males aged in their twenties, but there have been no missing persons reports locally.

Whilst trying to establish who the victims are, more body pa
Dianne
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ever been told that even though a book is part of a series, it can be read as a standalone, only to be completely frustrated when you discover “they” lied? No worries, “they” told the truth, REMNANTS really CAN be read as a standalone! Carolyn Arnold has created a gritty nightmare of a tale that will churn the stomachs of even the most hard-boiled of FBI agents.
The Little Ogeechee River is awash in floating body parts and FBI profiler Brandon Fisher and his team are called in to investigate. These “parts” belong
Laura Thomas
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Body parts are turning up in a river. Arms, legs, torsos. The odd thing? The parts are from multiple victims and no hands or feet are found. Georgia has a serial killer and the FBI is called in to investigate.

I’m a fan of murder mysteries. Give me a twisted serial killer and a case not easily solved, along with many suspects, and I’m lost in the story until the end.

This case reminded me of episodes from the TV show Criminal Minds. The killings are gruesome. The FBI team w
Cheryl
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading anything by this author. This book started out strong and ended just as strong. There is nothing worse than reading a book only to get a weak ending. Although, I must say that Brandon did not have as much of a huge presence with me as his team did. Together they all worked well together. It was a nice balance of men and women.

I want to stop and take a moment to talk about the killer. The author made sure that the killer's time in the spotlight was not lessened by t
Olga Miret
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
High-octane Police Procedural Thanks to Rosie Amber, to the author and her husband for offering me an ARC copy of this novel that I voluntarily choose to review (before its official launch).
I read thrillers often and although until recently I’d been reluctant to read books belonging to series that I had not followed before, I’ve found myself reading a few books in this category and enjoying them. Sometimes we might feel particularly attracted to a story line but wonder if we’ll enjoy a boo
Angie Pfeiffer-Senft
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was graciously contacted via my blog, to receive a copy of “Remnants” in exchange for an honest review. That being said, it has not altered my opinion of the book whatsoever. “Remnants” will be published on April 11th 2017 and available for purchase here.

Carolyn Arnold is a new author for me, however the genre is not. I've always been a fan of CSI (although it HAS to be Las Vegas) and Bones, however for some reason or another, these genres do not grace my shelves too often.

Upon do
Boundless Book Reviews
Remnants follows Brandon Fisher and his FBI team as they investigate a case involving body parts washing up on a plantation. The investigation is underway in this novel as more and more victims come to light. The killer is out there, but who is it?

This book was fast paced from page one. It had me sucked in and I hated putting it down. It's number six in a series and is the first book I have read. Even though it was a part of a series, it was easily read as a stand alone. I really en
Catherine ♡
*I received a free e-copy of this book in exchange for a book review. This review is my full and honest opinion.*

Actual Rating: 3.75

Remnants begins with several body parts, discovered floating in the Little Ogeechee River in Savannah, Georgia. Brandon Fisher, FBI agent, is called in to investigate, but he finds it difficult to identify the victims. When body after body turns up, it becomes clear that a serial killer is who the FBI is after. The question is why - why are they doing this? Why are they targeting these people? And a3.75
opinion.*
Actual
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Carolyn Arnold has proven once again that she is good at what she does. That is writing riveting, entertaining and suspenseful police procedurals. ‘Remnants’ is the 6th book in the Brandon Fisher series. There is no need to read the series in order as each story can stand on its own.The beginning of the story is intense, as the killer is hunting for his next victim. From that moment, the story pulled me in and it proved a difficult book to put down. Has is typical of all serial murders, the FBI ...more
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)

Hobart
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
After some strong storms go through the area, some dismembered body parts are discovered in and near the Little Ogeechee River in Savannah, Georgia. While the local law enforcement is unable to quickly identify who the parts belonged to, it was clear that multiple victims were involved, and a FBI team is called in to investigate. The limbs don't come with any identifying marks outside of DNA, making it incredibly difficult to identify the
Nicki Conroy
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I used to be enthralled with the television series Criminal Minds which is all about FBI behavioral analysts. My mother got me hooked on it one summer/fall I was in California. I do not watch much television anymore, other than currently NHL playoffs, but I do find these books by Carolyn Arnold fantastic.

First of all, the book is part of a series of books with FBI agent Brandon Fisher as the lead character. I have read others but this book will stand alone as a great read.

VernonandMissy Tanner
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Remnants is the sixth book in the Brandon Fisher FBI Series from Carolyn Arnold. The story starts out with an FBI team landing in Savanna, Georgia on Valentine’s Day to investigate a potential serial murderer.

When multiple pieces of multiple 20 something males are pulled from Little Ogeechee River in Savanna, the FBI is called in to figure out who the killer is. Through many twists and turns, a serial killer profile emerges.

The agents investigating the case all have their
Shelly
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mysteries have always been a favorite read and are the first section of the bookstore that I gravitate toward. However, when I get the mystery embedded with a psychological twist, oh how it makes my day! I highly recommend reading the previous books in the Brandon Fisher FBI Series but if you like to walk on the wild side, jump right into this one. Trust me, you will be thinking, "Whoa!! This is amazing!" It's twisted, mind-reeling, and captivating with each word that you read! Arnold's backgrou ...more
Tracy Helps You
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love crime shows like Criminal Minds and identify as a crime show junkie like me, you will love this Brandon Fisher FBI series. Remnants is the 6th book in the series, but really is a standalone story (I haven’t read the first 5 … yet).

Brandon and his team from the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit are called to Savannah, GA to help the local PD solve their latest case involving severed human body parts from multiple victims. The hands and feet have been removed from the legs and a
Laura Frost
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
This is book 6 in a series, but I didn't realize that as I was reading it. Most series make you feel like you are missing something if you start in the middle. I have read some of the other books in the series, but not all of them, and I did not feel lost at all. The back story does indeed come into play-but honestly does not impact the main story line in a detrimental sort of way. I say KUDOS to you Carolyn Arnold for artfully writing a series that feels 100% complete when you read the novels o ...more
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A suspenseful story that will keep you second guessing yourself!

I found myself sucked into the story from the very beginning. It is a face paced thriller with many unpredictable and entertaining twists and turns. The farther you read the more twists and turns show up. It leaves you thinking that anyone can be the suspect. Fantastic writing that keeps you guessing throughout while pulling you to the end where you will then wonder how you didn’t figure it out sooner. It takes a good writer to not
Michele
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you like police/FBI investigative books, this is the one for you!! A psychological thriller that will have you shivering at the graphic images of the victims of one of the most horrendous and mentally ill persons I hope to never meet!

Brandon of the FBI and his team of investigators are called in to try and find the perpetrator of these crimes. It is extremely difficult and the evidence seems to point in one direction after a series of educated guesses. Top all this with the love l
Sonya Neal
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book hooked me from the very beginning and didn't let go. With body parts washing ashore the FBI team need to find a killer in a hurry. Due to the sudden trip out of town several Valentine's Day plans are ruined, and the profilers have to try to solve a case while dealing with their own personal issues.

This book is gritty, sometimes almost gross, with plot twists that will keep you guessing for hours. Every new body part that shows up gives them another glimpse into the kil
Julie Baswell
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s a Valentine’s Day to remember when FBI profiler Brandon Fisher and his team get called to Savannah after body parts start washing ashore from the Ogeechee River. Apparently the killer keeps the hands and feet since they are missing from each appendage found. It is determined that each find is from a different victim. And to make matters even more difficult, this serial killer doesn’t follow any set profile.

This story surely makes you appreciate what the law enforcement community
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
When body parts turn up in Savannah, Georgia, FBI Agent Brandon Fisher and his team is called in to investigate. They have no clues to tell them who the body parts belong to and so therefor leaves them with nowhere to turn for answers and who killed these people in such a brutal way or why? But when they decide to look into missing people in the area they start to build a profile for the body parts and hopefully the killer.

Who is killing people in such a brutal and violent way? What kind of min
Leila
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carolyn Arnold’s books have never disappointed and Remnants is no different. I love a good mystery full of realistic procedurals that allow us to jump right in with the investigators to figure out the crime.

Remnants pulled me right from the beginning with my favorite FBI agents from the previous books and a handful of suspects in a murder case.

You don’t have to have read the previous books in the Brandon Fisher series, but it is a lot more fun when you do!

I lo
Jessica
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You guys... This book left me guessing the entire time! I enjoy a mystery that is stock full of realistic scenerios that lets us just step right into the investigation and help the investigators out with solving the crime. I really enjoyed this book. I believe this is the 2nd Carolyn Arnold book I've read, and though I haven't read any of the previous books in THIS series, I didn't feel as though I was lost. So I would consider that being able to be read as a stand alone, and that's pretty aweso ...more
Peggy
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If there was a way to give more than 5 stars, I would! This book is amazing! If you love thrillers, mysteries, who done it's and so much more then you want to read this book! It's fast paced and will have you turning pages ever faster! Never a dull moment! Extremely well written as well as thought out! No one to take letting pass you by!
Liliyana Shadowlyn
If you're a fan of the Criminal Minds TV show, you are going to LOVE this book from the start! A psychological thriller that dives right into the heart of an FBI investigation into an active serial killer, You'll find yourself cheering for the FBI team and trying to figure out who the gruesome killer is. Fast paced and tantalizing, a perfect read for a stormy night.

Received for review
Stacey Schneller
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a good murder mystery and this one hit the spot. It kept me guessing and trying to figure out who the murderer is. .It had me glued from the beginning to the end and I really enjoyed reading this book.

Remnants is the 6th book in this series and can be read as a standalone. I had no problem with getting lost and not understanding. The details were so vivid, characters were very well done and the storyline was very thought out to make a great read.

A few twist
Cary Morton
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Remnants by Carolyn Arnold is not the type of book I would normally pick up. Although I love murder mysteries and suspense stories, I’ll admit that character-driven fiction is the main basis for my love of most books—and this book wasn’t character driven. We’ll get to that in a minute, though.

Technically speaking, Remnants was well written. It was easy to follow along, there
Rosie Amber
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: police-crime
Three Point Five Stars.

Remnants is book #6 of the Brandon Fisher FBI crime series and can also be read as a stand-alone novel.

The story is set in the state of Georgia. The prologue opens with a man in search of his next victim at a shopping mall in Atlanta, where we read about his quick ruthless snatch-and-grab of a young man.

Chapter one introduces us to FBI agent Brandon Fisher, his boss Jack and his co-workers Zack and Paige. They’ve been called to Savannah
« previous 1 3 next »

• If She Saw (Kate Wise Mystery #2)
  • Night Fall (Gia Santella #9)
  • If She Hid (Kate Wise Mystery #4)
  • If She Fled (Kate Wise Mystery #5)
  • If She Ran (Kate Wise Mystery #3)
  • Deadly Pursuit: A Riveting Crime Thriller (The Detective Jesse McCord Police Thriller Series Book 3)
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • Never Ever (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #3)
  • IN Doubt (Redemption Thriller #9; Ivy Nash Thriller, #3)
  • Overdue Justice
  • Save Your Breath (Morgan Dane #6)
  • At Large (Detective Jesse McCord #2)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • Say You Love Me (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #4)
  • Tell No Lies (The Aldridge Sisters #2)
  • Mercy (A Ball & Chain Thriller #1)
  • Bayside Desires (Bayside Summers, #1)
  • Fear (A Ball & Chain Thriller #2)
CAROLYN ARNOLD is the international bestselling and award-winning author of the Madison Knight, Brandon Fisher, and McKinley Mystery series. She is the only author with POLICE PROCEDURALS RESPECTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT™.

Carolyn was born in a small town, but that never kept her from dreaming big. On par with her large dreams is her overactive imagination that conjures up killers and cases

Brandon Fisher FBI (8 books)
  • Eleven (Brandon Fisher FBI, #1)
  • Silent Graves (Brandon Fisher FBI, #2)
  • The Defenseless (Brandon Fisher FBI, #3)
  • Blue Baby (Brandon Fisher FBI, #4)
  • Violated (Brandon Fisher FBI, #5)
  • On the Count of Three (Brandon Fisher FBI, #7)
  • Past Deeds (Brandon Fisher FBI #8)