Start by marking “Surviving Adam Meade” as Want to Read:

Surviving Adam Meade

(Surviving Adam Meade #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  660 Ratings  ·  124 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Claire Collins has a plan: get into college and leave North Carolina behind. What she doesn’t have is an idea for how to get rid of the local football star and womanizer extraordinaire — Adam Meade, who she can’t even avoid (despite many efforts), because Claire’s dad is the high school football coach.

Seventeen-year-old Adam Meade never fails. He always
Published August 14th 2018 by Swoon Reads

D.M.
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I totally loved this book. Brooding arrogant male and female lead ready to knock him off his pedestal. Where do I sign?

Adam Meade school quarterback, goodlooking, cocky, rude and a heartbreaker. He is everything Claire Collins wants to avoid. Her father has taken a new job which means they are moving yet again. Claire loved her old school and her ex-boyfriend. Unfortunately, he didn't want to do the whole long distance thing. Claire is trying to mend her broken heart but because her dad is the
Alyssa
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Surviving Adam Meade by Shannon Klare
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication Date: August 14, 2018
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Seventeen-year-old Claire Collins has a plan: get into college and leave North Carolina behind. What she doesn’t have is an idea for how to get rid of the local football star and womanizer extraordinaire—Adam Meade, who she can’t even avoid (despite many efforts), because Claire’s dad is
Simant ♥ Flipping Through the Pages
Full review on: Flipping Through the Pages
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

Surviving Adam Meade was a kind of swoony read. You know the stories where the girl is attracted to the bad boy and we all actually like that douche-faced bad guy because of his attitude though he is broken from inside? Well, yeah I basically summed up the story in two lines 😛 Except not? This story was about chasing your dreams too. I really enjoyed the book overall.

This story is about Claire Collins who has moved to a new town i
Azrah
So this was bad. There were so many things that were annoying, I don't even know where to start. Just know that it's like a terrible wattpad story.

Pre-read Rambles
so I'm gonna give this a go. Fingers crossed that I don't dnf
Aishwarya
Aug 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at 50%
Useless information stuffed throughout without any character development or even their basic description.
I hated the shallow characters and the MC is absolutely shitty. She isn't fun or sarcastic. She is mean and the only conversation she has with her brother is when they fight for the car. Some scenes felt so forced and the bickering which the author thought would make the book adorable was absolutely childish and annoying.
Catherine
Aug 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Samantha (WLABB)
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Yep, I am writing this review with a few happy tears in my eyes, because Surviving Adam Meade did a great job of hitting me right in the feels.

Who?

• Claire, the coaches daughter and resident new girl, who was still trying to recover from a broken heart. Her goal was to get into the college of her choice and avoid boys, especially football players, at all costs.

• Adam, the quarterback and resident football hero, who shunned most attachments in order to focus on his goals - footb
Susi
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Molto carino ❤
Rosalie
Surviving Adam Meade is Shannon Klare's debut novel. It tells the story of Claire Collins' senior year. The problem: she had to change schools because of her dad's job. She left behind her a past and a passion for football. That was until she befriended Riley and met Adam Meade.

Honestly, this book could have used at least another hundred pages. I spent half the book asking myself if I hadn't read over whole paragraphs because I couldn't believe everything was happening that fast. I would have li
Katy Upperman
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-debuts
Three Amazing Things About SURVIVING ADAME MEADE
1. FNL feels. Are you obsessed with Friday Night Lights like I am? Then this is the book for you. It brought me right back to the weeks I spent binge watching that show a few years back, and gave me all of the same swoony feels. Friendship! Football! Kissing!
2. Claire + Adam = Sparks. I mean really -- is there anything better than two characters yelling at each other because they *actually* want to kiss each other? Claire and Adam are evenly matche
Kayla Brunson
This book just didn’t do it for me. The story wasn’t very original. Girl moves to new town, boy back home broke her heart and she swears off dating. Meets guy at a new school, they have a hate/love relationship. Have you read that before? The characters came off very one dimensional and this isn’t a story that's going to stay with me.

I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Lenni Jones
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-and-special
Actual Rating: 4.5
Advance copy received through Xpresso Book Tours

What a fantabulous book! “Surviving Adam Meade” is everything I could’ve asked for in a book! That’s relieving since the last book I read was trash. Anyway, this book had everything I want in my contemporary romances:

•Cute Couples
•Connections to other books
•Characters with great senses of humor
•and Happily ever after!

The books I connected this to were “Challenge Accepted” by Amanda Abram, “The Distance Between Us” by Kasie West, a
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
I mean, I’m not saying this is a bad book, but I can’t actually remember what happened apart from the love interest being a dick for no reason.
Shirley Cuypers
*4.5/5*

Original review

This book was provided by the publisher through Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Swoon Reads and Xpresso Book Tours!

Surviving Adam Meade
tells the story of Claire and Adam. Claire changed schools in her senior year and she just wants to finish high school and go to college. Everything is going well until she meets Adam. Adam is determined to get a football scholarship and always gets what he wants until he meets Claire.

I really liked this stor
Rebeca
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange of a honest review.

I recently had the chance to read one of my most anticipated Contemporary books of this year, Surviving Adam Meade by Shannon Klare, it was a very fun story that made me laugh more than once🙌🤣

While reading this story I noticed how Claire learned how to move on from her past and started to live a new life surrounded by people who cared about her, who supported her and even when they made fun of her – that would be Adam of course
Lilly
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-sweet-romance
Man, i was struggling with a reading lump when i decided to push myself for a short read, and this story happened to be the firt thing my eye landed in as soon as i opened Wattpad.
the story is amazing and well written, i absolutely enjoyed it
Maggie
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE a good slowburn hate-to-love and this one delivers. Adam and Claire have amazing chemistry and I each of them had really interesting family dynamics. Perfect for fans of Friday Night Lights!
Chloe
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
*Spoilers, I think*

I've been wanting to read a light fluffy book for awhile now and I finally got around to reading one! I was in the middle of some high fantasy books and I thought it would be a nice break. Surviving Adam Meade seemed like a short, fluffy, cheesy, and sweet read that would make me swoon. I was so ready!

(view spoiler)

This book disappointed me. A lot. I had a lot of issues with it, so I guess I'll start small. I was expecting two POVS. From the synopsis, it se
Lisa Mandina
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book started off with some sarcastic family banter, which grabbed me right away. It was definitely an easy read, kept me turning pages, which was good because I got started on it later than planned to try to get it done in time for this review. Now Claire was a bit annoying, of course part of that is just some of the normal teenager in her, being heartbroken over an ex-boyfriend that she'd had to move away from. Part was annoying because she was totally whiny to Adam at times. She got to be ...more
Melissa Rivera
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story, I couldn't put the book down. It's starts off with Claire helping out her dad who is the new football coach for Pader High. This is where she meets frustrating Adam Meade. In the beginning they can't stand eachother, telling eachother off, pull a couple pranks on one another but somehow they start to bond. Claire starts to enjoy herself and starts to forget about her past in Baker Heights (which you'll have to read the book to find out what it is). To me it always seemed as t ...more
nick
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was ok

-Surviving Adam Meade sounded like it would be a fun hate-to-love romance, and you guys know I'm all over that. I picked this one up with some high expectations, especially after reading a couple of rave reviews, but I never entirely clicked with the book.

-Let me get to the positives first. I enjoyed the high setting in Surviving Adam Meade. It's been a while since I have read a YA book that predominantly takes place in school. I thought Klare captured a lot of the high school feels I was missin
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Nothing happens in this book. The leads are boring, devoid of personality and make no sense. I still don't understand why they hated each other at first and how they fell in love. The pacing is weird, there is no development in the relationship and I don't believe for one second they will last.

(and do people really pick the school they want to go to be with someone else? don't do that.)
A
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, ya-na-chicklit
Very FNL-ish. Cute.
Olivia Wildenstein
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Flew through this one. Has all the feels of Friday Night Lights.
Vera
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
A cute, simple read for summer holidays.
Mehak Garg
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh God! That ending was heartbreaking! :'(
Lenny
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Review coming soon to LiterallyLenny.com!
Karen
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
High school but well done.
Christy
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this in one sitting! I loved the banter between the MCs!
Trianna
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
First of all this book is way too rushed. I would say it was too short, but by the end I was so over the entire story. Also, why wasn't the last chapter an epilogue? A six month time jump between chapters is a bit much.

The hate to love happens way to quick. A true hate to love is slow, with the characters slowly growing to tolerate, appreciate, and then eventually love each other. Adam and Claire are already friendly within the first 10% of the story. Their hate includes some mean words and som

Surviving Adam Meade (2 books)
  • Finding Claire Collins (Surviving Adam Meade, #2)