Start by marking “Loving You with Teeth and Claws (Dead Things, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Loving You with Teeth and Claws (Dead Things, #0.5)

Loving You with Teeth and Claws

(Dead Things 0.5)

Twenty-two-year-old alpha wolf, Isa McGowan, is busy. While most people her age are finishing college and starting their careers, Isa’s raising four pre-teens and running a restaurant. She doesn’t have time for dating and she especially doesn’t have time for the lunatic standing on her porch claiming to be her betrothed…no matter how pretty he is.

Wren Davies has a dangero
Published May 9th 2017 by 7 Sisters Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Loving You with Teeth and Claws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving You with Teeth and Claws

Wendy McDowell
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never disappointed by Martina McAtee!

Perfect prequel to the Dead Things series (which I also love)! Read this book in three nights because I could not put it down!
Joy
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Oh so many editing problems...
What should've been easily a five star book is reduced to three because of the numerous typos, grammatical and some downright appalling errors.

Aside from this, I enjoyed getting to witness Isa and Wren's beginning, and get more of the story of before Ember came to live with them. I'd like to see the tale go even further back to when Isa was sixteen and her guardianship began.
I really like this series and look forward to more.
Seraphia
Loving You with Teeth and Claws is the Prequel to Martina McAtee’s Dead Things series. Loving You with Teeth and Claws begins with us meeting little Neoma. She’s hiding from someone…Dylan, Wren’s brother. Dylan has come for her yet again to take her blood but this time something inside her snaps and she fights back. She doesn’t mean to do what she does but she’s had enough. Wren isn’t there to protect her despite how much she needs him so she does what she must. But soon after Wren appears and s ...more
Danissa Macaraig
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so loved reading this prequel novella! I like how we got a glimpse of what the life of the Bella Dona pack back when Ember hasn't join in yet. I like the character development in this book, more especially Rhys' for we get to see his ways of dealing with his inner wolf and puberty. OMG Kai and Rhys, funny how everyone knows their ship is about to sail even though they're too young to understand it. I like seeing the kida;Kai, Quinn, Tristin and Rhys, go on their puberty and identity realizati
Sakshi Goyal
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
It wasn’t very short and wasn’t unnecessarily long. It patches up the loopholes in the main series but makes sure that the events/secrets from the two timelines don’t clash (which can be tricky because the readers might have read the main series first). It gives a fantastic insight on characters’ younger personalities while setting it apart from their older selves, thus giving me a realistic or relatable feel. Because people- especially kids- change.

Loving You With Teeth and Claws is a book that
Rebecca
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I got my copy of LYWTAC, I’m not going to lie. My fangirl mode was activated and I was giddy. I was unable to do anything but think about this book. I’m a fan of the Dead Things Series and this prequel has been anticipated for months!! It did not disappoint!

While this is a prequel to Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things, it can be read on its own. WARNING: Once you read it, you will want to read the other books in the series…you’ve been warned. (You can also check out my reviews for th
Courtney Dunham
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely couldn't get enough of this prequel! I was a little hesitant going into it because to be honest, I thought the book was mostly focused on Isa and Wren and they weren't my favorites from Books 1 and 2. Not saying I didn't like them, but I am a huge Rhys, Kai, and Ember fan. I am so happy I was wrong! I have a much different perspective of Isa and Wren after reading this book. I can't express how much I loved reading about how they met and their whirlwind romance. I also loved learning ...more
Kim Owens
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Somehow, in my obsession with the Dead Things Series, I missed reading the prequel and oh, how I’ve been missing out!

In Loving You With Teeth and Claws, Martina McAtee gives us the back story on the Bella Donna pack and she does not disappoint!

We meet a young Isa - alpha of the pack, trying to raise 3 (but really 4) tweens on her own, although she is barely an adult. She struggles to live up to the memory of her mother as the alpha. Along comes Wren, her betrothed with a child in tow.

Norma’s
Donna
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Martina McAtee that I’ve read and it is totally outside of my usual genres. I was just so drawn in by the unusual covers of her books. She won the 2016 Reader’s Favorite Gold Medal for her first book, Children Shouldn’t play with Dead Things. This book, Loving You with Teeth and Claws, is a prequel to the series. Martina McAttee’s books are Young Adult and Paranormal with a bit of Romance to keep things simmering. I loved this book and can’t wait to read Book 1, Childre ...more
Cecilia Richards
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I loved the insight to the early years of Wren and Isa and learning how our little pack of misfits came to be. This prequel tied up really nicely with the series and keeps the reader intrigued. My heart was breaking along the storyline and yet it was soaring at the same time.
*This can be read before the series or at any point, you wont be confused either way but I recommend reading it first to understand the pack
'"What do you mean play outside? It's hot out there, and when it's hot, there are mo
Stacy Spoonster
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving you with teeth and claws

So freaking good!! I loved reading Is a and Wren's back story. Oh, and Rhys, my heart just shattered into a million pieces for him. I remember what it was like to be the odd ball, the freak (that's Queen of the Freaks, thank you very much). I just wanted to hug him close and tell him everything would be alright. The story is phenomenal. I love these characters so much. I love that McAtee has each character to tell a portion of the story. It can get confusing when y
Sara Fitzgerald
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartwrenchingly good

Like her other books Martina drags you willingly into her stories right from the first line. This book is no different.
If you have read her other books, then this one answers some questions that came up in them. If you are starting here.....well done, this is a great beginning to a wonderful relationship that will only get deeper the more you read.
Martina gives us a story filled with heartache, love, anger and acceptance. Her signature style comes through with in depth chara
Samantha
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Martina is the dark queen of paranormal goodness

I have been dying to know more about Isa & Wren: their history, their relationship and how they met and this book met all my expectations and then more! Isa is a hard working young women who has to keep her family afloat all while being the alpha of her pack at 22. Wren is running. Running from his awful father, running from his brothers death and running with the little girl who warms his heart, Neoma. He is running to Isa for help, but he d
Sara Nelson
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holly hell, this story is intense!!! As much as I wanted to know how Isa and Wern came to be, Neoma's story surprised me more than anything. When I met Neoma and Wern in book 1, all you know is what was going on inside that story. Loving You with Teeth and Claws tells all. Now I know their story and am over the moon! You will never see Wern and Neoma the same agine. Not in a bad way either... The author did an amazing thing when she decided to do this prequel and filled in a lot of gaps that I'm ...more
Paranormal Books R Us
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loving You with Teeth and Claws Review

Loved it! This was a perfect prequel to the Dead Things series.
We got to go back in time to see how Wren , Isa , and their crazy pack of misfits came to be. It was especially interesting to find out Neoma's history.

I very much look forward to the next book in the Dead Things series but I also hope we get more chances to go back in time again. I would love to see more adventures of the baby pack before present day.
In my opinion Loving You with Teeth and Cl
Olga
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So honestly I cannot say enough nice things about this series. This is a prequel and honestly it will not ruin the 1st or 2nd book for you, but I'm glad I read them in the published order. This little love story (which was the size of an average ya book, not a novella, SWEET) of Isa and Wren, had me so enamored I couldn't put it down. We find some background about a couple more of the characters and how everyone came to be such a quirky and cute family. Great addition to an amazing series, canno ...more
Ashley Poteet
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I do believe Martina is NY new favorite author! I've never read anything that even compares to the style she writes! I love her humor and I feel more when I read her books.

This book is the story of how Isa met Wren and Neoma. The story of Wren and Neoma. I've never cried reading a book, until this book. I felt the raw emotion, the joy and the pain. The fear and anger from the characters. I'm so glad we are able to hear these stories of our beloved characters!
Heidi
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this prequel to the dead things series as part of the Venom and Vampires collection, which I am told is a bit steamier than this version. I am a huge fan of the Dead Things series, and I love how eye opening this book is to the rest of the series. There is a lot of information about Neuma and her history in this book. There is plenty of mystery and adventure along with some horror. Once I picked it up I did not want to put it down!
Ashleigh
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this addition

This is a book that gives us a little backstory to some of our characters in book one. I do recommend reading this one first so you have that info but it isn’t necessary. It’s also a great length and not short at all. It does alternate between characters but it does it in a way where you get more of a bigger picture than you would reading from just one characters POV.
CrazyCat (Alex)
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It doesn’t matter if you’ve already read the first two books in this series or if you start off with this one. It’s an amazing story either way. I loved to find out more about how Wren and Isa became the strong leaders of the Belladonna pack, and I am absolutely thrilled to finally know more about Neoma. Who would have known that there's a dark side to this sweet little girl? All I want in a book I found in this one and I can’t wait for book #3.
Ashley Tomlinson
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent prequel to my favorite series. I got to know so much more about the characters that I love so dearly. So many questions that I had from the series got answered in this book. I adored getting to see how Isa and Wren got together and oh my God was that hot! I also loved little fetal Rhys, Tristian, Kai, Quinn and Neoma, they were so cute and still managed to get into trouble.

This book made me so much more excited for the next book in the series to come out.
United Indie Book Blog
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this series and was so excited to get my hands on the prequel. Where it basically all started and the Belladonna pack kicked some butt. Love each of the characters in this book and how we see them work together and start feeling like a pack. Isa and Wren are a perfect match. I liked knowing more about each history and more about Neoma. The writing flows smoothly between each characters POVs and gives us excellent insight. Excited for more!

review by Raychel
 B. Sinsational
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Pnr lovers, HEA, supernatural, outstanding books
💋 Outstanding book💋
This Author was new to me so I had no expectations. I can now count my self among her fans. Cause frankly this story is so very well created in every aspect, including a awesome story with absolutely fascinating vivid characters. It's Unique, inventive, surprising and hot enough to melt away any chill a frozen reader might have felt before.
Absolutely fabulous read!!
Starr
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I read Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things first, then this one. Reading The Prequel definitely filled in and expanded the characters for me. I love supernatural characters and this story definitely has them from werewolves to banshees. I recommend for all the supe readers out there! Well done, Martina!
Joscelyn Smith
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nothing says love at first sight like a punch to the face. 😂😂 Do not start this before bed, I mean it, I just planned to read a little of chapter one but got sucked in and the next thing I knew it was after midnight. I just had to know what happened next and every chapter just drew me in further. So...a very good book, a sleep killer but very good.
Nicole
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Prequel Justice

Prequels have a lot to live up to, especially when you have read all the others in the series, but Martina did a great job taking a step back in time, allowing the characters to show a younger version of themselves that wasn't childish or something forced. Great job! Must read for a #cspwdt fan
Ola Adamska
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2017
Review for a steamier version.
That book was a blast! Martina McAtee did a Great job here. Plot was so deep and complicated. Some parts were shocking and allowed to became connected Connect to characters.
Style of this book is so great and interesting that held me captive whole Time!
Great!
Michelle
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to the series. Wren was always a background character for me but after this book, I love him just as much as the others. I also loved seeing how the kids interacted with each other before Ember. Can't wait to continue with the story.
Renea Greathouse
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where it all begins ...

I am enthralled with this series! Reading how the pack started is the icing on the cake. If you have read the first two books, you will love this! Just tell me there is more to come! I need another book, Martina!
Crystal Gray
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

I absolutely love the Dead Things series. Even though this is a prequel, I suggest reading the other two books first. This book had some minor editing errors, but nothing major. Keep up the great work Martina!

• Cast in Balefire (Mage Craft, #4)
  • Forget You Not (Havenwood Falls #1)
  • Blood Bound (Gallows, #1)
  • The Children of Lubrochius (From the Ashes of Ruin, #1)
  • Crossing Time (Saint's Grove #5)
  • Lily (The Seer, #1)
  • Jack Templar And The Lord Of The Werewolves (The Templar Chronicles, #4)
  • The Shadows of Dark Root (The Daughters of Dark Root #5)
  • Magic Runes (Magic Runes, #1)
  • A Dark Faerie Tale Series Omnibus Books 1-3 with Extras (A Dark Faerie Tale)
  • Witch Flame (Keepers of the Stones, #0.5)
  • A Pair of Docks (Derivatives of Displacement, #1)
  • Origins (Demonkin, #1)
  • Broken Promise (The Broken Ones, #3)
  • Meeting Sang: Silas (The Ghost Bird, #1.3)
Martina McAtee is a USA Today Bestselling author and the winner of the 2016 Reader’s Favorite Gold Medal for her first book, Children Shouldn’t Play with Dead Things. She lives in Jupiter, Florida with her teenage daughters, her best friend, two attack Chihuahuas, and two shady looking cats. By day she is a registered nurse, but by night she writes young adult books about reapers, zombies, werewol ...more

Dead Things (4 books)
  • Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (Dead Things, #1)
  • Dark Dreams and Dead Things (Dead Things, #2)
  • Deranged Angels and Cannibal Hearts (Dead Things, #3)
  • Sinister Souls and Dead Things (Dead Things, #4)