Start by marking “Winter's Absolution” as Want to Read:
Winter's Absolution

Winter's Absolution

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
***Warning. This book is for mature audiences only and has many triggers including strong language, sexual/fetish content and rape/ abuse flashbacks. This is a work of fiction about surviving and is not for the faint of heart. *** This is an MC Romance with dark edges...

Reality can be more terrifying than the strange tales that sometimes circulate. When inky blackness cree
Published (first published June 7th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Absolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Absolution

Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
BUY THE BOOK

I received a copy of this book via the author in exchange for an honest review. But as soon as this mother fucker is released, I will OWN that shit!!!!!

OMFG! Ah-maz-ing! I'll write more of a real review later, but wanted to get this posted as soon as possible. Y'all need to read this amazing book!!!

description

BUY THE BOOK

Click below for more Naughty Book Snitch reviews
NBS
Brandy
WOW!!! I really just it was freaking WOW!!!!
So this is the first book that I have read by this author and damn it fucking ROCKED!!!
Winter's Absolution is DARK, GRITTY, and for just plane and simply it fucking ROCKED my world. I was seriously hooked from the first page to the last.
Luna is one damn strong and courageous woman, and Leo is a straight up badass fuckin crazy biker, but man the way he loved her and was just there for her made me absolutely freaking LOVE HIM!!
This book definitely is a
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: dark
Normally as soon as I finish a book I write up my review but I haven't with this. I'm just not sure how to give this book the credit it deserves without dropping any spoilers. So I'm gonna tell you if you like the darker kinda books then I highly recommend this story.

My heart broke for Luna. Her world fell apart when her loving dad died. Kidnapped and held as a sex slave in a cage she knows her only hope to save herself is herself. Leo doesn't realise how much his life is going to change when h
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

This year is all about stepping out of the box for me and this book did just that... took me way way way out of the box and comfort zone I read in... and then some.

Dark. Raw. Dirty. Intense. Unexpected. Kristina Canady sure knows how to weave a twisted, gritty tale that will leave your jaw dropped and head spinning from the experience it offers... and that's what this book is, an experience... but I wouldn't change a moment.

Winter's Absolution is a book that marks your soul deep and rip
Kathleen R.
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Winter's Absolution
Author: Kristina Canady

5 amazing stars

Dayum! I never expected this when i picked up Kristina Canady's book. I'm still floored by just how good this story was. For my first book from this author, i don't think i could have picked a better introduction to what she has to offer her readers. Those warnings? Oh yes, they are real and absolutely right in every way. It's dark, it's dirty and it does contain triggers that might not be for everyone. But for me? It was memora
Kim BookJunkie
This is one of those books that has huge amounts of potential yet falls short. In fact, lots of areas fall short.... in regards to level of darkness, we know that huge amounts of depravity take place yet the author doesn't describe any of it to us. The premise is somewhat unique yet the writing style is a bit odd. More than once I felt certain that the author's primary language is not English due to the odd phrases she used such as:
"Never have I ever felt so alive in an instant or starving on a
Lita Thomas
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter’s Absolution by Kristina Canady. I really enjoyed this story. Luna’s world exploded the same time she watched as her father got blown up while serving in Afghanistan. Now she finds herself living in a cage. She is dirty, hungry and is being physically and sexually abused. She is being held as a sex slave. Knowing if she doesn’t escape soon she will die in that cage. When the opportunity presents itself she runs for her life and ends up hiding in a bunch of hay in a barn. Leo has served hi ...more
Claire Cronin
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author, but the blurb looked just up my street, so thought I'd give it a go.

OMFG!! What a read!!! I just loved it and couldn't get enough. The story drew me in from page 1 and didn't let go til it was read, but what a world I was drawn in to!! OMG I love a dark read, but this was truly and utterly dark, raw, gritty, violent but at the same time it was full of love, selflessness, healing, self worth and belief. A true roller coaster of an emotional read.

Luna has been
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was totally blown away by this book! This is the 1st time I have read any of this author work, and OMG, it will not be the last! This is the story of Luna and Leo, and how he supports her to overcome her kidnapping and repeated rapes. No spoilers though; if you are an MC fan, then this is a definite read for you!
This author has done an amazing job with this storyline, and I was intrigued and captivated from the very beginning. This story is dark, heartbreaking, twisted, and an absolute ro
Lynzi Nguyen
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Heather Ray
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOLY COW! I really do not care for dark reads but read this one because I love Kristina Canady's books so I thought ok, why not. Worse case I don't finish best case I love, right? I fell in love with this book in the first chapter. The writing just drew me in and had me hooked. Hook, line, and sinker hooked! Dark? Oh yeah this is probably one of the darkest, most twisted books I have read in a very long time. I cried at parts of it, cried for Luna and everything she has gone through. But was pro ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have said this before, but seriously, I NEVER saw this book coming at all! Frankly, it brought me to my knees for real. Luna's world as she knew it crashed down when her father died, and she didn't think it could get any worse. But in her case, life still had room to get worse when she was kidnapped to be held in a cage as a sex slave. And she knows that she only has herself to find a way to escape. As she's close to the end of her rope, the opportunity to run shows itself so she runs, and fin ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
☆☆☆☆☆
~Lynzi
5 holy macaroni stars!!

Holy hell this book!!

I have never went from reading the last word of a book, to immediately messaging the author. I have never missed appointments or been late for plans and things I had to do because I was too wrapped up in reading. But this book made me do both. This book....ugh...I can't even find the words.

Just know, I was blown the hell away!!

Dark, twisted, and messed up is kinda my thing. I love a fucked up story. I love how it twists your insides, make
₸hea™
Mixed feelings about this book. I absolutely liked the general 'feel' of this book!! It could have been an amazing story… but in the end, for me, it just wasn't. All the ingredients were there (huge potential), but the story wasn't as perfect as it could have been. Some aspects of it could have been more elaborated; a lot of dark issues and depravity, still nothing is really described while this is a dark read. {Er waren dingen die wat mij betreft verder uitgediept hadden kunnen worden! Dat had ...more
Sarah Dale
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read from this author and whilst it took me longer then normal to get into the book I really did enjoy it. I will be looking out for Kristina's future releases.

This is quite a dark book as it deals with rape which some readers may find hard but it was done very well. It is a dark story of heartbreak, abuse and healing, its quite the emotional roller-coaster. There are some brilliantly written twists that take you by surprise.

The characters are so well written, thei
Clayr Catherall
Wow!
This book was so different to anything Kristina Canady, has written before. If you love dark romance you will love this book....It was so good!

Luna has been through so much. Then if things aren't bad enough, she's kidnapped, held captive and subjected to years of abuse. Her only thought is to escape...

Leo fights the demons of his past daily. The MC helps take his mind off things, but doesn't keep the darkness at bay. Nothing does, until he meets Luna. She is the light to his darkness...

I d
Leigh Baird
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book by the amazing Kristina Canady.
Not for the faint hearted though.

Love the amazing strength Luna has and Leo her perfect other half unexpectedly brought together in the worst way imaginable. A true but non conventional love story. Can't wait for the next Obsidian Blades MC story :)
Ashley Westphall-carr
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Abso-freaking-lutely amazing book!!! This is the first book I've read by Ms. Canady and I will be reading more. Luna's world turned upside down when she was a child and her dad died in Afghanistan. Now she finds herself abducted by an MC and is held in a cage by them starved, filthy and sexually abused. She is unwilling sex slave for the "master" and he won't share. At the first opportunity to escape she takes it and ends up in a barn with her captors breathing down her neck. After she has been ...more
Dani
Not sure how to rate this one. I loved the story but it kind of fell flat for me towards the end. I adore Luna. The character is such a strong one and they way the author tells her story is amazing. I really liked Leo as well. Just right there at the end the story just didn't do it for me anymore. Not sure why that is or if it went a different direction than I thought it was going to go. Overall great story just wish for a different ending in some way.
Misty Hamilton
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book will take you on an emotional ride that you don't want to get off of any time soon! The author does a great job emphasizing the fact that not all sexual abuse survivors heal at the same pace, or in the same clinical environments. Some, like our heroine, need a more spiritual healing.
Take a journey with Luna as she learns to live again after years of sexual abuse and captivity. Can she learn to love herself, and maybe others, along the way? Will Leo, her reluctant and damaged hero, be
Luci
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Smh in awe, I swear your books have a way of making one feel deeply. When reading, it pulls emotions from you that you didn't know existed let alone is it something that one wants to address, ya know.

The absolute horror that Luna endured...it was brutal as hell and I admire her strength, will and determination to try and move forward with her life and not let her past rule her every day life. Sure she has demons to fight but she kept moving forward and persevered. It doesn't take an expert to k
Cat Parisi
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story blew me away. Two beyond broken people are brought together unexpectedly in the most unconventional way. *Author does disclose warnings about rape/abuse*
Luna has been prisoner for years, used and abused within an inch of her life and she finally escapes... to a barn on the property of Leo. She finds a solace there with the animals and she can't bring herself to leave the safety of the barn.
Leo had enough demons of his own he fights daily and he doesn't know what to do when he find thi
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
This is a new author for me, and I was so glad that I discovered this book.

You are swept away in to the life of Luna, you follow her on how she becomes a victim, then a survivor. She never loses that spark, and it was great to see.

Leo is a man that is so full of demons, no one can help him, that is until he comes across Luna.

The writing was flawless, and when you start reading you cannot put the book down. This book is not all full of sweet things and roses, there will be times that your heart w
Stephanie S
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW this was the first book I have read from this author and I am extremely happy I purchased this book. I have been trying to read all kinds of books this year and happily returning to another MC series. Can't wait for more adventures in the Obsidian Blades MC.
Chris
Jul 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: captive, dnf
DNF @ 70%. Started out okay and went downhill from there.
Lady Living  In Bookland
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
sheer brilliance - full review to follow :)
Donna
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Luna is one strong as (bleep) female character! Wow, what she has gone through and survived makes her one kick butt leading lady. Leo has also survived a living hell and has no idea what to do with the woman who is hiding in his barn. All he knows is he must protect her. Loved these two together and I love the fact that the author didn’t rush the relationship. Luna is timid and scared for some time. I will say though, that at the end of the book I wanted to throttle her. I love MC books and I wo ...more
Susan
Jun 15, 2017
Leann
Jun 24, 2017
Jen
Jun 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
You can follow the series progress @ https://www.facebook.com/midnightbloo...

Or visit our webpage @ http://www.lunareclipseseries.com/hom...

What inspired you to write your first Novel? "My girlfriends and I were sitting around discussing our latest reads, all the perfect Cinderella type romance novels that are out there and how we would like to read something that more could relate to. I have been
More about Kristina Canady...