Start by marking “Hot and Cold” as Want to Read:
Hot and Cold

Hot and Cold

Dani Moore has been burned.

Still recovering emotionally from a recent assault, Dani spends her days blogging and riding around with her brother, a homicide detective. She's going through the motions with no real hope of ever getting back to "normal life." But when she meets Scott Walker, the city's new arson investigator, the heat between them is undeniable.

Scott's the nic
Published January 31st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hot and Cold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot and Cold

Natalie The Biblioholic
3.5 "I got to see Seth Lane again" stars!!

The story starts of with us immediately being thrust into a crime scene, which I really enjoyed. There's a fire with an obvious murder victim and Scott, an arson investigator, and Clayton, a homicide detective, are called to the scene. These two have to work together to solve the crime because one scene turns into two and they've got to stop a serial killer before more bodies pile up. This made for an interesting plot because I'm such a sucker for a myst
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Jan 21, 2017 Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!
It's got crime, mystery, drama, and ohh yeah SEX!!
Scott is a fire investigator who loves his job. He is good looking and read to meet someone special now that his life has slowed down a bit.
Dani is a bit broken right now and just going through the motions of her life. She is a curvy, sexy read head who loves to read smut. There was an immediate connection when her eyes locked with Scott's that first time.
They compliment each other very well and it's like they have known each o
Sharon
Jan 24, 2017 Sharon rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book, the collaboration from these two authors brought characters from both their series together, Fire (Amy Briggs) and Police (Mikey Lee), to solve a crazy crime going on! Throw in Scott the new arson investigator and Dani, Det. Clayton Moore's sister, who meet and have an instant attraction together and you have a love story on top of it, oh and hot sex! But this book is more, they have you hanging on a thread to try to figure out who is committing the crimes!

This s
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Firefighters AND cops? Amy Briggs AND Mikey Lee? This is kind of a no brainer to pick up. Who can say no to firefighters, cops, Amy Briggs, AND Mikey Lee? Really? No one.

Hot and Cold follows Scott Walker, fire investigator and former member of District 23 firehouse, and Dani Moore, sister to Detective Clayton Moore. Dani and Scott meet when Dani accompanies Clayton to work while he's working on a arson/murder investigation with.

Dani has been through the ringer. She hasn't always been the scare
Tammi
Jan 25, 2017 Tammi rated it it was amazing
I have never read anything by either of these authors, so I was diving in blind. I was pleasantly surprised.
Right off the bat we are hit with an active crime scene, firefighters and police working side by side. I was hooked seeing a bit of the ins and outs of an investigation. As the story unfolds it turns into a mystery with more crimes. Now I can't put it down! Oh but wait the whole time we have a sexy new romance blooming. This book had it all!
The characters were very relatable. I loved the
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

Dani Moore has been living a shadow of her old life after suffering a brutal attack. She's moved in with her brother, Detective Clayton Moore, temporarily and even accompanies him on his calls. In her job as a blogger, she can make her own schedule and work from anywhere so Clay's house, or car when they're on calls, is as good as any place else. Eventually, she'll go back to her place but right now, the security of being with him eases her mind. She's trying to move on from her attack
Judy Miracle
Feb 06, 2017 Judy Miracle rated it really liked it
This is my first read by Mikey Lee and Amy Briggs. From the beginning you are immediately thrust into the story and hooked. Mikey and Amy bring you crime, a bit of drama, mystery and last but not least some sexiness.

Scott is a fire investigator and loves his job. Not only that but hes good looking and after focusing on school and his career hes ready to find someone and slow his life down.

Dani is a little broken after what recently happened to her. But shes working on getting through the fears
Erica
Jan 29, 2017 Erica rated it really liked it
I loved starting this book at a crime scene. The first meeting between arson investigator, detective and Dani.
Yes, those amazing first responders, fireman and police, together in one book!!
Scott recently finished school and this is his first arson investigation, he'll be working with Clayton, homicide detective and bother of Dani.
Dani is recovering from a violent attack. She's afraid to be alone and has been staying with her brother since it happened.
She doesn't trust easily but is drawn to Sco
Becky Rendon
Jan 26, 2017 Becky Rendon rated it liked it
Hot and Cold is my first read by either of these authors. It's a cute romance with the added suspense of the case.

Arson Investigator Scott Walker hasn't had time for anything but school and work. As a newbie to investigations, he's finally getting his footing. He never expected to meet the woman of his dreams at a crime scene. Well, meet is a strong word- more like glimpse.

Dani has had it rough. Her recovery is taking longer than her brother likes but her safety is more important. She isn't read
Elaine
Feb 03, 2017 Elaine rated it it was amazing
I have to congratulate Amy Briggs and Mikey Lee for such an awesome book. It had mystery and romance everything you want from a book. I am so glad I got to read this book.

(Elaine and Tami's JB3 Blackbirds)
Brandy Roberts
Jan 30, 2017 Brandy Roberts rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this read it was like something I'v never read before really unique it would also be my first read from both authors and I must say Ill be checking out the rest of their books . It has cops and firefighters what more could a girl ask for I'm also a huge fan of Chicago fire and Chicago pd and this in a way reminded me of those so that was a plus . Dani is the female lead loved her she is a smut reader and blogger witch I found awesome she also has an amazing brother who is there for her ...more
Tam
Feb 09, 2017 Tam rated it really liked it
When I first received this ARC, I was confused, because I had forgotten that I had signed up for it. Then, I noticed who it was by and thought to myself, "Well, crap!" I was previously familiar with the work of one of these authors (I refuse to say which one.), and the amateur grammarian in me had not been impressed by their work. But, I had pledged myself to reading this ARC, and that was exactly what I was going to do, as I like to be as good as my word.

After I read the first couple of chapte
Marialee
Jan 28, 2017 Marialee rated it it was amazing
~~~Advance copy provided by author for honest review~~~

This is a story about Dani who is a blogger and has recently had a traumatic attack happen to her which makes her afraid to be alone. With her brother being a Detective she goes on rides with him and has been staying with him due to her attack. Going to an arson and murder case she meets Scott.

Scott is an Arson Investigator and has just been in the position for a little while now. Finally done with school he finally has some time for himself
Sharon
Feb 07, 2017 Sharon rated it liked it
I'm sorry to say that this was almost a DNF for me and I have never had a DNF…I always stick around to see what happens. In this case that is what I did. I had to see how the crime was solved, but that really was all that I needed. The overall plot and story were good, but some things were just too unbelievable for me and it didn’t even have to do with the crime. It was the connection between Dani and Scott. I didn’t feel it at all….it seemed too clinical and fast for my enjoyment. It was not a ...more
Jordan
Jan 29, 2017 Jordan rated it liked it
This is a book full of crime, mystery and suspense. With a bit of romance added in. And throw some hot firemen and cops into it aswell. It's the first time I've read anything by either Amy Briggs or Mikey Lee.

It definitely took me a bit to get in to this as I'm not a huge reader of 3rd person and I can never seem to get a connection with the characters as much, and this wasn't one of them ones that got easier throughout.
Having said that though The writing itself was great and I wouldn't have g
Jessica
Jan 26, 2017 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I volunteered to read an Advanced Readers Copy of this story. No payment was received in any form. These are just my thoughts on this story.

I loved this book! Then again I have loved all of Mikey Lees books and the books I have loved the two books by Amy Briggs that I have read prior to this one!

This collaboration is great. Firefighter and Police. Amy Briggs writes amazing fire fighters and Mikey Lee writs amazing Cops. If you have read either of theses authors you will see familiar characters.
Christie Marsh
Feb 12, 2017 Christie Marsh rated it really liked it
Great crossover from two great authors. Loved the intertwine of the stories coming together and creating a new HEA between Scotty and Dani. They made the perfect couple, while introducing new adventure, sexy content and awesome story line. A must read.
Candy
Jan 24, 2017 Candy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, best-of-2017
So, here you have a love story with a suspense murder case. The story is from three points of view Clayton, Scott and Dani. A blogger, arson investigator, and a detective thrown together. A love connection at the right time but under bad circumstances. Mikey and Amy spun a well thought out story that combines love and mystery. Scott and Dani are the main characters of this one with Clayton being the protective brother of Dani. It'll make you laugh and wonder. Each character flows into the next w ...more
Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse
Jan 24, 2017 Treena Ross - Rockstar Book Muse rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Romance Suspense Lovers
So I have to say I loved this book!!!

First off this is the first book I have read from Mikey Lee and let me tell you I was blown away!! This book had everything I could ask for!!

Excellent writing, fabulous plot this story has it all, humor, friendship, crime, suspense, love and sex all rolled into one nicely wrapped package. Plus the characters were amazing and well developed. I loved Scott who is an arson investigator, working hard with little time for relationships. Dani is amazing she is brok
Gwen Shafer
Jan 31, 2017 Gwen Shafer rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advancw copy of this book. Absolutely love this love story with a suspense murder to solve type of book.These are two new authors to me and i was blown away by this well written book. This story is from three different views Clayton,Scott and Dani.Which makes it even more interesting to be able to see it through three different sets of eyes and feelings.Dani is a blogger and recent survivor of a brutal assault who tags along with her brother to a crime scene that involv ...more
Sam Lewis
Feb 04, 2017 Sam Lewis rated it really liked it
This review of Hot & Cold by Mikey Lee and Amy Briggs is for The Sweet Spot Sisterhood Blog. If you like Romantic Suspense, especially ones that have firefighters and cops, then this book is for you. I'm a fan of James Patterson's Women's Murder Club Series and this book kind of reminds me of those. I give it 4 Stars.

In this book we are introduced to Scott, a hot fire fighter, Clayton a Police Detective, and Dani, Clayton's sister. Dani has been staying with her brother ever since she was vi
Anne Milne
Feb 01, 2017 Anne Milne rated it liked it
At the start of the story we're thrown into a murder/arson investigation where we meet the main players in the story Brian his sister Dani and Scott.
Brian and Scott become deeply involved in the investigation and thus means that Scott gets to spend time with Dani who he was immediately drawn to. It's a fast paced story that keeps you guessing wanting to find out more about the perpetrator however at times I wanted less description and more action.
For me a chunk of the story was missing and tha
Cj ~BitchinBibliophiles
Jan 30, 2017 Cj ~BitchinBibliophiles rated it it was amazing
Where are the words...This book! Hot and Cold merges the two worlds both Amy Briggs and Mikey Lee have created within their own works into the perfect mix of HOT Suspense, and Sex that will leave you breathless.

Dani and Scott have the perfect balance of chemistry. I love how they feel their attraction to each other, but do not jump right in to a relationship. Dani has issues that Readers can relate to, which makes it difficult for her to trust. Scott is so intriguing and I can't help but fall i
beautyguise
Jan 30, 2017 beautyguise rated it liked it
I had quite an experience reading this book!

Clearly I had no clue what I was getting into when I started this. That is by far not a bad thing. This is my first time reading anything by either of the authors, but I've heard good things about both.

I enjoy a good murder mystery/crime thriller as much as the next person. I just feel like this one got going really good and kind of puttered out. At least for me. The chemistry with the characters kind threw me off. It seemed forced at parts and would f
Gina
Jan 31, 2017 Gina rated it it was amazing
This is the first book i have read by Amy Briggs and the first full book I have read by Mikey Lee and I must say this is a must have book! It's hot, is mysterious, and keeps you on the edge of your seat saying WTF & OMG from time to time! I absolutely loved Dani and. Scott's story, I love the suspenseful, heart scorching story. I love the twist and turns this book took. I got all the feelers with this one! I'm so happy these two collaboratively came up with this book and I can't wait to see ...more
Maari
Jan 24, 2017 Maari rated it it was amazing
Great collaboration!
Take two Authors who know how to bring the heat, put them together and you have Hot and Cold. Plus, who doesn't love a man in uniform?!? Police Officers, Detectives, Firemen, Investigators.. whew! This book may just combust! I love the connection that Dani and Scott have from the moment that they met. I am glad that that didn't feed into a story of insta-love, but rather them proving to each other that all are not the same... I enjoyed this story and will definitely be readin
Marika
Jan 31, 2017 Marika rated it really liked it
What a great story! I couldn’t put it down and I loved not only the characters but the plot. It was very interesting learning about the investigation and how both Scott and Clayton learned sides of each other job.
Dani is Clayton's sister and tagging along with her big brother on a call , she met Scott.
The two hit it off right away and they were so sweet together.. Scott was definitely swoon worthy.
It's my first time reading these authors' work but I will definitely check out their books.
Heather B
Feb 01, 2017 Heather B rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Hot & Cold, an ignited romance novel, is written by Amy Briggs and Mikey Lee. I've previously read a District 23 book by Amy Briggs and was pleased to see snippets of characters from her series. This story focuses on Dani Moore, sister of Detective Clayton, and Scott Walker - the fire inspector. This was a romantic suspense themed read and I enjoyed the suspense of them finding the murderer/arsonist. Adding in the chemistry between Dani & Scott, it was a great read.
Bridget Hickey
Jan 26, 2017 Bridget Hickey rated it it was amazing
This is Definitely a five star read,first time for these authors writing together and they did a fantastic job.Lots of action and suspense that will keep you on the edge of the seat .Some hot sex when the Detective introduced his sister the fire investigater and they start a relationship . Maybe we will see more of the Detective in the future . DEFINITELY A ONE CLICKER.

AnessaRenee Reviews
Feb 04, 2017 AnessaRenee Reviews rated it it was amazing
Do you want to read a hot story that gets you going for all the right reasons? This is the book for you. I mean you really can't go wrong with firefighters, cops and suspense, then you throw some hot sexual tension on top. I don't want to give away any spoilers but Scott and Dani have amazing chemistry and the authors definitely show cased these characters.
*Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood*