Start by marking “The Beloved Christmas Quilt: Three Stories of Family, Romance, and Amish Faith” as Want to Read:
The Beloved Christmas Quilt: Three Stories of Family, Romance, and Amish Faith

The Beloved Christmas Quilt: Three Stories of Family, Romance, and Amish Faith

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  322 Ratings  ·  132 Reviews
One Quilt Binds Three Generations of Amish Women
Enjoy the gift of a brand new romance from New York Times bestselling author Wanda E. Brunstetter, along with stories by her daughter-in-law, Jean and granddaughter, Richelle.

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me. Psalm 31:3
The scripture embroidered on the back of a belove
Published September 1st 2017 by Shiloh Run Press

To ask other readers questions about The Beloved Christmas Quilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beloved Christmas Quilt

Deanne Patterson
What an absolutely beautifully heartwarming story! A delightful Christmas book with 3 storis written by popular Amish author Wanda Brunstetter, her Daughter-in law Jean Brunstetter and first time published author,her grand daughter Richelle Brunstetter. Each of the Brunstetter authors has a short story in this Christmas collection. The authors have worked together to create a story that seamlessly blends all 3 stories together. The book starts out with Luella's story who is the grandmother,conti ...more
Molly Cafinated Reads Jaber
When it comes to Wanda Brunstetter books, I will read it instantly, no questions asked. She is truly a talented author. So, when I sat down to read this story, I knew I was in for a treat. This book has 3 stories, each about a mother, daughter, and granddaughter. Each story is written by a generation of the Brunstetter family and all were equally captivating.

Each of the women these stories are written about, suffer emotional times, heartache and devastation, and really tug at the heartstrings.
Angie
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it

Sweet collection of Amish-themed stories that each feature a beloved Christmas quilt that is handed down through generations in a family. I like the way this common theme connected the separate stories, and enjoyed the fact that we were already familiar with some of the characters. Made it easy to bond from the beginning. Although Christmas is featured in parts of each story, it's not the main focus. There were 3 different authors featured, but I thought the stories flowed pretty seamle
Angela Brocato-Skaggs
Three beautiful Amish stories intertwined through a Christmas quilt passed down through three generations. Each story shows how to overcome death to love again, martial strife and fear of new love.

I was very impressed with debut author, Richelle Brunstetter. She has her grandmother's storytelling gift. I'm excited to see how she progresses.

This is the perfect book to give as a present for fans of Amish romance. The stories are short enough to read one story in a sitting. The progression from s
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I am a huge fan of Wanda's so I knew her novella would be fantastic. I have read Wanda's daughter-in-laws writing in past books and really enjoyed her writing as well. But Wanda's granddaughter has a novella in this three part book so I did not know what to expect. I must say all three novellas were fantastic. I love how they are all woven together and the families are part of all three. Three generations of ladies and one quilt. The scripture on the quilt could not be more perfect.

I loved how t
Maureen Timerman
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
The three stories in this book revolve around a special Christmas Quilt, owned by the same family, but passed down through the generations.
The three novellas’ are written by three different authors, and are tied into one another. All are three of the tales are based on love and romance, and of course family.
The bible verse “For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me”. Psalm 31:3 written on the quilt and appropriate for the theme here.
The perfect boo
Ruby
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A darling set of stories set around a beloved quilt makes this title an excellent read for those looking for a clean and soft read. Filled with Godly respect, Amish traditions, and beautiful scenery, I recommend this for anyone who is a fan of these authors.
Kathleen E.
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Saturday, November 4, 2017
The Beloved Christmas Quilt by Wanda E. Brunstetter, Jean Brunstetter, and Richelle Brunstetter, © 2017
Three Stories of Family, Romance, and Amish Faith

For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name’s sake lead me, and guide me. Psalm 31:3

The Scripture embroidered on the back of a beloved quilt brings hope to three generations of Pennsylvania Amish women at Christmastime.

My Review:

The beginnings of a treasured quilt passed down to the next generation. Not
Vicky Sluiter
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Luella’s Promise
By Wanda E. Brunstetter

If you enjoy Wanda’s books, this one will not disappoint you. The characters are well developed, and have all the humanness you would expect from a “Wanda book”. The quilt theme throughout all three books is a fun way to tie them together, as you’ll see when you read the book.

Both sad and sweet, this story pulls at your heart strings and has you hoping for a happy ending for everyone.

Karen’s Gift
By Jean Brunstetter

Continuing on with the same family but a di
Cathy Cermele
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
My review (4-stars)

A delightful and heartwarming collection. The three stories were woven together with three generations and one special quilt.
I loved that the precious quilt meant so much to so many as it was passed down from the first story in the book until the last person in the book.
I have to say that I found the writing of Richelle to be very much to my liking and I look forward to reading more of her work. I knew that I would enjoy the writing of both Wanda and Jean.
This is a definite k
Fizzy

I was really excited when I first heard about this book. I mean, symbolically, what better than three generations of women writing about three generations of women? Three generations of love and faith. I think I've reached a situation where anticipation clouded reality. I liked this book but I didn't fall in love with it. I fell in love with the story, the characters, and the promise of love for generations. There were some elements that I felt lacking and missing though, and that kinda breaks m
Linda
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
“For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore, for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.” Psalm 31:3 is a special scripture embroidered on a Christmas quilt that brings hope as it’s passed down through three generations of Amish women. Although they go through different struggles this scripture and quilt binds them together. You will rejoice with the characters in their triumphs and share in their sorrows as their faith is strengthened. Three novellas and three inspiring stories, each writt ...more
Sharon
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review of The Beloved Christmas Quilt by Wanda, Jean, & Richelle Brunstetter

I really, really wanted to love this book, but unfortunately it felt like just about every Amish Christian book that I have read. Even though the 3 stories tie together the only author's story that I liked by Richelle Brunstetter is Roseanna's Groom, which is why I gave this book 3 stars.

"I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review."
Donita Corman
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable book that went for three generations . The Christmas quilt belonged to Dena Zook , whom Lu Ella was hired by Atlee to take care of. Dena wanted Lu Ella to have the quilt and pass it down to her first married daughter. The first story deals with Lu ella and Atlee and how they overcame circumstances on their journey to love. The next two stories are generational from the first. The quilt offers a special verse that they can cling to when troubles start. Each story is written ...more
Chelse
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable Christmas read that follows three generations of women as they deal with loss, relationship troubles and family. I love that this book was written by three family members it made it feel more authentic.
Kristin
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so sweet! My mom is a quilter so I love the idea of a quilt being passed down to three generations.

The Beloved Christmas Quilt is co-authored by Wanda Brunstetter, her daughter in law and her granddaughter. I've read several books with Wanda and Jean but this is the first time I've read anything by Richelle Brunstetter. I have to say that Richelle seems to write a lot like her grandmother!  The similarities in their writing was evident to me and I found that fact to be endearing.

Th
Shirley Chapel
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Collection of three stories written by Wanda Brunstetter , Jean Brunstetter and Richelle Brunstetter. Each story centers around a Beloved Christmas Quilt. In each book the Beloved quilt is given to the oldest daughter of the next generation on the first Christmas after her marriage. All except book one which was given to Luella by Atlees first wife Dena before she died.
I usually prefer not to read books that have more than one story written by different authors. I thoroughly enjoyed all three
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
The Beloved Christmas Quilt is a wonderful collection of three short stories that span a generation of authors beginning with Wanda Brunstetter, who is a best-selling author of Amish novels, along with her daughter Jean and granddaughter, Richelle, who also have added their own stories to this book, that span an Amish families generation much like the Brunstetter women have.

Luella's Promise by Wanda Brunstetter takes readers in the beginning of the Ebersol family, beginning with Luella who was
Marilyn
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Three generations of writers with their own writing style has given readers three enjoyable novellas surrounding a family Christmas quilt in The Beloved Christmas Quilt. Wanda E. Brunstetter, her daughter-in-law Jean Brunstetter has teamed up before for a book, but this one included Richelle Brunstetter, Wanda’s granddaughter. The three novellas are connected with characters that span three generations of an Amish family with the giving of the Christmas quilt being presented to the oldest daught ...more
Elizabeth
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Beloved Christmas Quilt ( Three Generations of Family, Romance, and Amish Faith)
By: Wanda E. Brunstetter, Jean Brunstetter, and Richelle Brunstetter
The Beloved Christmas Quilt is by three generations of authors and each is doing a story on one quilt that binds three generations of Amish Women together. Luella’s Promise by Wanda E Brunstetter, Karen’s Gift by Jean Brunstetter, and Roseanna’s Groom by Richelle. All the stories are wonderful and well written. They tell how a beautiful quilt is
Barb Klein
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was anxious to read “The Beloved Christmas Quilt” by Wanda, Jean and Richelle Brunstetter for the Barbour Review Crew. I love the topics and looked forward to reading more from the Brunstetters.

I’m sorry to say that I was very disappointed in this book. I thought the story premises were very good and would be great to read. However, I thought each book depended mostly on the mundane daily life of the characters. More to the point, each book consisted mostly of conversations about things that w
Diana Montgomery
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get this book in the mail to review. Wanda Brunstetter writes wonderful books. Always full of Hope , Family, Romance and the Amish faith. This was wonderful a book written by 3 generations tell tell the love and faith of 3 generations of a Amish family. The characters are well written as is the story. A special quilt that is handed down to the first daughter. Not only is it beautiful but on the back is a special scripture that gets each one who has possession of it a sense o ...more
Melissa Henderson
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lovely trio of stories showing how a beloved Christmas quilt is passed from generation to generation. The quilt holds special meaning for each family member. These three stories are woven together to make a beautiful message. I received a copy of this book from the author, publisher and Net Galley and this is my personal honest opinion.
Angie Macfarland
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Beloved Christmas Quilt is a must read. Three stories that flow together that keep you wanting to read. I can honestly say I was sad when I finished reading the book. The way Wanda writes makes you feel like you are actually there in the story. This is definitely a must have to read!!!
Emma
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Beloved Christmas Quilt: by Wanda E. Brunstetter,Jean Brunstetter,Richelle Brunstetter
Three Stories of Family, Romance, and Amish Faith
One Quilt Binds Three Generations of Amish Women
The scripture embroidered on the back of a beloved quilt brings hope to three generations of Pennsylvania Amish women at Christmastime.
Enjoy the gift of a brand new romance from New York Times bestselling author
Mardell
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Beloved Christmas Quilt is a three generational story written, appropriately by three generations of Brunstetter women: Wanda, Jean and Richelle. Neatly tucked into the story is a beautiful quilt that will bring comfort to three generations of women in the Zook family. The quilt bears a label lovingly embroidered by Dena Zook's mother with the words "For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me." Psalm 31:3

Luella's story is written by celebrated
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
What happens when not one, not two but three Brunstetter women write a book? Three great stories from a family of master storytellers!
Luella Ebersol is a friend and caregiver to her friend Dena Zook. When Dena gifts Luella with a special quilt, requesting she pass it on down to Luella's own daughter someday, Luella is sure she will never have a daughter because none of the young men in her district hold any appeal to her longing heart.
Following her friend's death, Luella continues to visit the
Jeanie
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Beloved Christmas Quilt, an excellent set of novellas penned by three generations of Brunstetter women, is a must-read Christmas gift for the discerning Amish fiction reader. Each is the perfect length to read in an evening. What ties each generation of women together is not only a beautiful Christmas quilt, but the scripture verse that became a priceless statement of faith linking mothers and daughters. The characters are each beautifully detailed; their dialog and behaviors reflect who eac ...more
Deana Dick
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am once again amazed at the depth of writing and emotion the authors has given us. I loved that it not only included a story from Wanda, but also from Jean and Richelle. Each story is like a sweet song that you hear to gently calm you. The characters are so vivid that you want to be friends with them. I really didn't want the book to end because I felt like I had found people who were caring, loving and willing to help others without complaining. It is very family oriented and I loved how they ...more
Beverly
This set of stories is very special. There is one quilt and three generations of stories related to this quilt. What makes the book original is that three generations of Wanda Brunstetter's family wrote this story.

The first book written by Wanda is Luella's Promise. Luella has been taking care of her friend Dena Zook since her heart troubles began. Luella took on the responsibility of taking care of the home, cooking meals and caring and watching over Dena's 4 year old son. Just before she di
New York Times bestselling and award-winning author, Wanda E. Brunstetter is one of the founders of the Amish fiction genre. She has written close to 90 books translated in four languages. With over 10 million copies sold, Wanda's stories consistently earn spots on the nations most prestigious bestseller lists and have received numerous awards.

Wanda’s ancestors were part of the Anabaptist faith, a