Start by marking “From Percy Jackson - Camp Half-Blood Confidential: Your Real Guide to the Demigod Training Camp” as Want to Read:

(The Trials of Apollo #2.5)

In response to an awful camp orientation video created by the god Apollo, Percy Jackson and other residents of Camp Half-Blood answer such questions as "What is this place?" and "Do I get to keep the T-shirt?" Newbies can check out the section on the Divine Cabins, read up on Magical Landmarks, and consult the chapter of Training Arenas. But Camp Half-Blood Confidential ...more
Published May 2nd 2017 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about From Percy Jackson - Camp Half-Blood Confidential, please sign up.
Grace Yeah, they definitely could but the question is would they want to?

Personally I wouldn't but who knows.
Jennifer Daniels I'm thinking that in general..... nothing. Periclyminus's line (including Shen Lun, Frank, Emily, and Grandmother Zhang) and Octavian seem to be…moreI'm thinking that in general..... nothing. Periclyminus's line (including Shen Lun, Frank, Emily, and Grandmother Zhang) and Octavian seem to be anomalies. If the descendants were as powerful as their demigod ancestors, wouldn't we have seen more examples of this? Everyone else is a "Son of Fill-in-the-god" or "Daughter of Fill-in-the-goddess". But.... since Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank, Hazel, Clarisse Drakon Slayer, Reyna and Nico are apparently more special, perhaps their kids could be powerful, too. (less)

Start your review of From Percy Jackson - Camp Half-Blood Confidential: Your Real Guide to the Demigod Training Camp
emi
Let's be real here.

Anything with the name "Percy Jackson " on it is 5/5 stars and I will consider the greatest thing ever.

But Nico sang in this book's so obviously 5/5 stars and it is the greatest thing ever.
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
Everyone: Ugh. Can Rick Riordan stop with the Percy Jackson books already?
Me:
I LOVED THIS????

It was so cool learning more about the history of Camp Half Blood. I live for that kind of information. Plus Rick's writing style is hilarious and I'll never get sick of it.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW ANNABETH DESIGNED ALL THE CABINS FOR THE MINOR DEMIGOD CHILDREN???? WHAT A BABE!!!!!

And Apollo was hilarious like always.
Natalie Monroe
Ah, yes, let's squeeze more money out of the Percy Jackson franchise. Let's wring every last drop of blood out of him through meaningless backstories and cheap humor.

It's time to let the son of Poseidon rest. Seriously.
Itramsunshine
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Done! A bit slow, sometimes a bit boring but I ended up enjoying it somehow.
Jesica
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Grover, perhaps you should take our young friend to the den and show him our orientation film.”
“But . . . Oh, right. Yes, sir.”
“Orientation film?” Nico asked. “Is it G or PG? ’Cause Bianca is kinda strict—”
“It’s PG-13,” Grover said.
“Cool!” Nico happily followed him out of the room.

(Quote from The Titan's Curse)

Okay... why I quoted that particular moment? Because that moment lead straight to this book. It’s all about the ‘Orientation Film’ Nico watched that day and also I think Nico is cute
Mariana
Rick Riordan is an amazing writer, he is probably one of the best writers who add representation in his book, but he still hasn't been able to find a middle ground on how to write girls and it was very apparent in this book.
Rick Riordan usually ends up writing two types of girls: Girly or Non girly bratty girls. His bratty girls are usually all the lead girls in his book while the girly girls are usually used for jokes or the mean girls. I'm getting tired how the Aphrodite girls are mostly
 ➹ƓℛἎℂℰ⚡(on hiatus)
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Rick Riordan fans who have read The Hidden Oracle
Shelves: read-ebook, favorites
Another awesome book by Rick Riordan! I especially loved the sneak peeks of the old orientation film.
Vee
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book?
It was quite short but I enjoyed every minute of it. Seeing my favourite characters again is always a heartwarming experience, and still finding their humour funny even better.
Hope I get to see them again .
Anniek
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun little read! It cracked me up multiple times and it was fun to read more about the characters and Camp Half-Blood when there's no epic battles going on. I loved the scenes with Apollo, and especially the start of the book, where Nico di Angelo sings.
Diamond
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Percy Jackson is my childhood favourite character and still it is))
#1RICKRIORDANFAN
its good i guess no point really
Harkeerat of the Apollo Cabin
This was a very fun, short but hilarious and informative read!
And might I just say that Pete the Palikos is now my favorite descriptive narrator and I'm so looking forward to reading more from him
Apollo: According to all known laws of physics, a dragon should not be able to turn into a suitcase
Leo: The dragon, of course, turns into a suitcase anyway, because dragons and Leo do not care about what humans or gods think.

Me: *Laughs hysterically.*
Also, loved that I'm now updated on so many unknown
Sophia Alexis  Books
This book took me about an hour and a half to read and I really enjoyed it. Though I'm sad the cover of my edition is not showing up.

4.5 stars! I liked the incorporation of characters we've met and haven't, as well as a singing Nico (one of the best parts, if I'm being honest).
Elli
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
funny and Nico di Angelo sings so immediate 5 stars from the get go.
Coreen  (AsThePlotThickens)
Educational, fun, nostalgic, humorous, entertaining and a huge ball of awesomeness. READ IT.

description
Misty
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cute, but I was bored at times. I think this book was kind of pointless. Quick read for fans of Percy and the gang.
Lumelska
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read
Let’s face it, I’d rate anything Uncle Rick published with the highest stars.
Juliette
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This was cute. Another (smashes tea cup).
Katie
This book was good for what it is, but it wasn't really good for me. I've enjoyed nearly all of Riordan's mythology based books (I say nearly only because I am a book behind on both The Trials of Apollo and Magnus Chase) and I was excited to read this when it came out. I enjoyed the little inside information from different campers and it was great having more narration from Percy, but I felt the 'stories' always fell short. I understand that they were there more as a guide, but they always just ...more
Natália Lopes
"The Aphrodite girl wrinkled her nose. 'Excuse me, but ew! There are seeds all over the outside! So unattractive. And red? That colour is so overdone, fruit-wise.'
'Yes, but it's tasty,' the Demeter counselor said. 'I call it a strawberry.'
'Why?' the Athena girl wanted to know.
'Because blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, and cranberry were taken.' "

This was hilarious as always, and I really liked all the little tidbits about Camp Half-Blood. It doesn't add any relevant information to the main
Amelia Oswald
The only thing I care about in this book are Percy, Annabeth and Nico Q&A. Oh and Nico sang that horrible song that Apollo has written.
And it didn't even mention if Annabeth's hat could work again. I love that hat :(
Regina
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I won't lie I am 100% Percy Jackson trash and will read everything Rick Riordan writes.

I've seen many reviews of people complaining about how this book is unnecessary, and even though it doesn't add much to the story, it is a very pleasant read, or at least it was for me.

I simply loved to go back to all those characters I know and love. And seriously those Apollo illustrations made my day.

I couldn't help but love this book.
Drewthereader20
This books took me three days too read! Rating=3.75 stars! ...more
Teodora
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely hilarious! I read it in one sitting and loved it so much, it was super fun, full with interesting stories AND NICO'S SINGING! YAS! Amazing, just like everything else that Rick Riordan writes.
Jenny  (Mama Bear Reads)
This was a cute addition to the series!
Nothing new, well maybe a couple spoilers for other series I haven't read yet. Luckily, I plan on waiting a bit to read more from Riodan, so I'll probably forget by then anyway lol
Nina
Sep 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rick-riordan
Entertaining as always.
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
This had a lot of information but it was told through little stories from different camper's so it was really interesting. Completely new content of things that happened at camp!
ReeshiReads
“First thing I'd do is make sure the poor newbie demigods don't have to suffer through the orientation film."

Poor Nico. He was the only one who had to sit through the whole orientation film. No one deserves that.

This is a cute and quick addition to the series! I love everything Rick Riordan has written but this novel was okay for me. I did enjoy it but it wasn't special or necessary. I do love the concept of the book! Uncle Rick was trying to involve us more into the world of the demigods and
Salwa
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017, owned-book
*5 Stars

A very short and entertaining read. That all I have to say without spoiling any of the Percy Jackson series.
Want to know more?
Read the series first and get back to this book.
Btw, Appolo is soooo narcissist.
Kat Plsi
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of course I give 5 out of 5 stars to Percy <3

• The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner #2)
  • Miss Marple alla riscossa
  • The Curse of Hera (Camp Hercules #1)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • La ladrona de la luna (El príncipe del sol, #2)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • Let the Sky Fall Trilogy: Let the Sky Fall; Let the Storm Break; Let the Wind Rise
  • Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky (Tristan Strong #1)

The Trials of Apollo (5 books)
  • The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)
  • The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5)
SCENE: Apollo jogs along the beachfront, shooting arrows backwards from his golden bow. He's followed by campers dressed in combat gear, jogging in military formation.

APOLLO: I don't know but I've been told!
CAMPERS: We don't know but we've been told!
APOLLO: The sun god's got a bow of gold!
CAMPERS: The sun god's got a bow of gold!
APOLLO: He's the best shot in the land!
CAMPERS: He's the best shot in the land!
APOLLO: Augh! [Apollo trips and lands on his backside] I've fallen in the sand!
CAMPERS [jogging circles around him]: Augh! He's fallen in the sand!
APOLLO: I meant to do that, so don't laugh!
CAMPERS: He meant to do that, so don't laugh!
APOLLO [tries to get up but falls back again]: Ow! I hurt my godly calf!
CAMPERS: Ow! He hurt his godly calf!
APOLLO [glowering and starting to glow]: If you want to live another day ...
CAMPERS: If we want to live another day ...
APOLLO [radiating brighter]: STOP REPEATING WHAT I SAY!
CAMPERS: STOP - um...
- Military cadence written, chanted and abruptly ended by Apollo

Best. Scene. Ever. - P. J.”
9 likes
All conversation stopped. "What orientation film?" Will Solace asked.
Nico looked puzzled. "You know ..." He glanced side to side, clearly uncomfortable with everybody watching him. Finally he cleared his throat and sang in a warbly voice to the tune of "The Hokey Cokey": "It lets the demigods in! It shuts the monsters out! It keeps the half-bloods safe, but turns mortals all about! It's Misty, and it's magic, and it makes me want to shout: the border is all about!" He punctuated the last line of the song with some half-hearted claps.
We stared at him in stunned silence.
"Nico." Will patted his boyfriend's arm. "You're scaring the other campers."
"More than usual," Julia Feingold muttered under her breath.
"Oh, come on," Nico protested. "You've all heard that annoying song, right? It's from Welcome to Camp Half-Blood."
Nobody responded.
"The orientation film," Nico added.
We shared a group shrug.
Nico groaned. "You mean I just sang in public and ... I'm the only one who's ever seen that stupid film?"
"So far, anyway," said Connor Stoll.”
8 likes