Start by marking “The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 (The Girl from the Other Side, #3)” as Want to Read:

The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3

(とつくにの少女 / Totsukuni no shōjo #3)

Homecoming

Shiva's aunt has come to the Outside to bring her home, with several soldiers in tow. Alarmed at this show of force, Teacher tries to protect Shiva, but to no avail. Meanwhile, chaos threatens to engulf the small hamlet on the Inside. Where does Shiva truly belong?
Published October 25th 2017 by Seven Seas (first published April 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl from the Other Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl from the Other Side

Start your review of The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 (The Girl from the Other Side, #3)
Whitney Atkinson
This series continues to be so cute and wholesome. It's my favorite art style of any manga I've ever read and I cannot wait for my library to get the next volumes in! It's difficult to review these individually because I find they're consistently easy, fun, and cute to read with an interesting world, so my review for this one doesn't really differ from the previous books other than it was a great, attention-capturing sequel.
The Artisan Geek
12/7/20
I really enjoyed this volume -- the series is just great, it's a perfect mix of mystery, wholesomeness and macabre. I'm glad to see the atmosphere still going strong after a good 15 chapters. I need more!!

You can find me on
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Website | The Storygraph
David Schaafsma
The first two volumes were largely tone-building (as opposed to world-building), as we knew little of what was going on. Very atmospheric. But in this third volume there is suddenly a great deal happening. We don't know everything, but we know enough to know there is a struggle between the two worlds, and Shiva, The Little Girl (from the other side), seems to be in the middle of this struggle.

Shiva's aunt comes to the Outside to bring her home, with the help of some soldiers who informed her th
Victoria ♡
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
The urge to fully catch up and read volume 4 now is strong
Jack Stark
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This continues to be a masterpiece. The lore and mystery of who the Outsiders are and Shiva's origins continue to keep me hooked to every page. I don't really want to give a proper review as I couldn't do it without spoilers for vol 1 and 2. Just know, if you enjoyed vol 1 and 2, you will enjoy this. I think this is my favourite volume of the three I've read so far.
daisy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
4-4.25? Probably my fave volume so far, though I wish they'd stop ending on cliffhangers - I need answers!! 😭
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

A quiet fairy tale begins in a land distant and hazy where there are two kingdoms. The Inside is where humans cower worried the twisted beasts of the Outside will come a curse them with a touch. A young girl named Shiva lives on the other side, in a vacant village with a demonic guardian known only as “Teacher.” And so starts our tale... a little girl comes to rely on an inhuman beast...

The story comes to an explosive h
Elizabeth A
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh, I understand so much more with this installment of this fun Manga series. Things are starting to make more sense in this sweet and dark tale. The art continues to be lovely and I could look at these detailed pen and ink frames, with what looks like the crosshatching of a person not entirely sane, for hours. There's more action, and not as many tea parties in this one, but I think this is the best in the series so far. Since, there is not much I can say without spoilers, all I'll say is that ...more
Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)
I obviously loved this, and no one is surprised. But I was certainly surprised with the ending. I can't wait to continue this series in 2020!

Alison
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not gonna lie, doesn't feel like this storyline is really progressing anywhere...
Ilana
Leah
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just absolutely love this story. The plot is fleshing out and some mysteries have been answered. But with everything answered comes more questions and more pieces of the puzzle that still need to find their places.

I adore Teacher and Shiva so very much and the setting is still so delightfully dark with fantastical.

Can't wait to continue this!
Neil R. Coulter
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More goodness! How can this series continue being so good?

This volume adds more details and plot strands and groups of people and creatures working against (presumably?) one another. We get a few more hints of the history before the series began, but we still don't know--is Auntie really Auntie? Is Shiva who or what some people think she is (and what is that?)? What's in Auntie's book? What was Teacher before his transformation? What exactly happened when he found Shiva? Are the people and creat
Megan (ReadingRover)
What’s next?!?!?! I need to knoww!!! Poor Shiva. Reuniting with Auntie was nothing like she imagined. These books aren’t long enough!!!
Etienne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a tale! Not the most complex story but the proof that when it's good and well done, even a fairly simple story could be magnificent! I love this book, this series, those characters and that universe where I think I could loose myself for a very long time...
Gerardine  Betancourt
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this volume so much. My favorite so far. It was very atmospheric and super cute !!
Ana
So glad I didn’t have to wait months and months for the third volume to be published! I missed the tea parties in this one, though… A lot more happened, no spoilers, but it continues to take dark unexpected turns and I’m loving every page.

Kristina Romero
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's a lot more action in this volume but I found myself wishing Shiva was back in the woods quietly living her life with her Teacher just a little bit. Questions keep arising and it seems they'll soon be answered.
Amber
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story becomes far more dark, and I am totally into it. Such a shame how short these feel, can't wait for the next one.

It's gonna be okay, Shiva!
Liz
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I need more now! Love it :)
queen0f_hearts
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2017, fantasy
Seriously, the Inside is like the hell! Better stay outside! I know this story is playing with false expectations, with prejudices and wrong attitudes and it’s brilliant in this way! Let me make an example: my father happened to take a short look at the first colored page of volume 3 and he said: “This is horrible.” I only smiled in reply at how his comment depicts the deep philosophical meaning of this series. Don’t let appearances fool you and judge on your own.

I’ve been surprised by the revel
Chrissie
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Shiva and her "Auntie" are taken to a village on the border of The Outside. Apparently, there is a prophecy about Shiva being the one to "break" the plague of darkness that curses humans into beasts. Meanwhile, her Teacher is missing Shiva and fears for her safety. Eventually, Shiva's "Auntie" is turned into a beast and the village is in chaos with soldiers ready to kill all who are "ill".

Other cursed beings from volume 2 rescue her and Teacher comes to her aide. She is taken back to Teacher's
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Another great volume in this series. A good pace of world building and plot development at the same time depicting satisfying character beats. All done in a dark but expressive, and gorgeous, art style.
Samantha
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm just happily surprised that this series is still so dang good.
Alyssah Roxas
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such an intriguing story and I want it to keep going!!!
Rachel
Oct 16, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5! OOOOOOOH damn i actually need to read vol 4
M Aghazarian
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Going to give it one more volume because that's what my public library has, but I'm just not feeling it
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This volume was fucking incredible omg.
Mike
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Showing no signs of losing momentum. Lots of major developments this time around too.

Review: https://derailmentsofthought.com/2019...
Mizuki
The story of the little girl and The Teacher continues, this time there are violent scenes despite the fairytale layout and what the royalties and the priest might want from the little girl is vaugely hinted at. The little girl's aunt (view spoiler) so what will happen next after the MCs (view spoiler)? I'm so looking forward for the next volume! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 2 (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #2)
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 1 [Tongari bōshi no atelier 1]
  • 特装版 魔法使いの嫁 9 [Mahou Tsukai No Yome 9: Limited Edition] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #9)
  • 魔法使いの嫁 10 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 10] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #10)
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 4 [Tongari Boushi no Atelier 4] (Witch Hat Atelier, #4)
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 3 [Tongari bōshi no Atelier 3]
  • Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 2
  • 魔法使いの嫁 3 [Mahou Tsukai No Yome 3] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #3)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 5 (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #5)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 1 (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #1)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 6
  • A Man and His Cat, Vol. 1
  • 極主夫道, Vol. 1 (Gokushufudō: The Way of the Househusband, #1)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 7
  • 魔法使いの嫁 11 [Mahou Tsukai no Yome 11] (The Ancient Magus' Bride, #11)