Start by marking “The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 (The Girl from the Other Side, #3)” as Want to Read:

The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 3 (The Girl From the Other Side #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  979 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Homecoming

Shiva's aunt has come to the Outside to bring her home, with several soldiers in tow. Alarmed at this show of force, Teacher tries to protect Shiva, but to no avail. Meanwhile, chaos threatens to engulf the small hamlet on the Inside. Where does Shiva truly belong?
Published October 25th 2017 by Seven Seas (first published April 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl from the Other Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl from the Other Side

daisy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4-4.25? Probably my fave volume so far, though I wish they'd stop ending on cliffhangers - I need answers!! 😭
Elizabeth A
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh, I understand so much more with this installment of this fun Manga series. Things are starting to make more sense in this sweet and dark tale. The art continues to be lovely and I could look at these detailed pen and ink frames, with what looks like the crosshatching of a person not entirely sane, for hours. There's more action, and not as many tea parties in this one, but I think this is the best in the series so far. Since, there is not much I can say without spoilers, all I'll say is that ...more
Jack Stark
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This continues to be a masterpiece. I don't really want to give a proper review as I couldn't do it without spoilers for vol 1 and 2. Just know, if you enjoyed vol 1 and 2, you will enjoy this. I think this is my favourite volume of the three I've read so far.
Jessica (HighFantasyFanatic)
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, owned, manga
The plot thickens...
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more manga and graphic novel reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

A quiet fairy tale begins in a land distant and hazy where there are two kingdoms. The Inside is where humans cower worried the twisted beasts of the Outside will come a curse them with a touch. A young girl named Shiva lives on the other side, in a vacant village with a demonic guardian known only as “Teacher.” And so starts our tale... a little girl comes to rely on an inhuman beast...

The story comes to an explosive he
Megan (ReadingRover)
What’s next?!?!?! I need to knoww!!! Poor Shiva. Reuniting with Auntie was nothing like she imagined. These books aren’t long enough!!!
Ignacio
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Como es habitual, no pasa mucho pero disfruto de la estética creada por Nagabe. Las criaturas del exterior, su movimiento, su forma de comportarse, y esos juegos de luces y sombras son dignos de ser degustados con calma.
Azbaqiyah
Cover - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Overall Rating - 4.8🌟/ 5🌟
Neil Coulter
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More goodness! How can this series continue being so good?

This volume adds more details and plot strands and groups of people and creatures working against (presumably?) one another. We get a few more hints of the history before the series began, but we still don't know--is Auntie really Auntie? Is Shiva who or what some people think she is (and what is that?)? What's in Auntie's book? What was Teacher before his transformation? What exactly happened when he found Shiva? Are the people and creat
Kristina Romero
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's a lot more action in this volume but I found myself wishing Shiva was back in the woods quietly living her life with her Teacher just a little bit. Questions keep arising and it seems they'll soon be answered.
Amber
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story becomes far more dark, and I am totally into it. Such a shame how short these feel, can't wait for the next one.

It's gonna be okay, Shiva!
Mangrii
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,25 / 5

La tercera entrega de La pequeña forastera: Siúil, a Ruin recupera totalmente la trama principal de la que partía, aprendemos un poco más sobre el pasado de Shiva y se revelan algunos secretos sorprendentes de la sociedad del Interior y su funcionamiento. La tía de Shiva ha venido a devolverla a la ciudad, pero el Doctor no sé fía de ella. Con cada nueva revelación las preguntas seguirán surgiendo. Un círculo que aún no sé cierra, pero que cada vez estamos más cerca de comprender ¿Quién
queen0f_hearts
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, fantasy, manga
Seriously, the Inside is like the hell! Better stay outside! I know this story is playing with false expectations, with prejudices and wrong attitudes and it’s brilliant in this way! Let me make an example: my father happened to take a short look at the first colored page of volume 3 and he said: “This is horrible.” I only smiled in reply at how his comment depicts the deep philosophical meaning of this series. Don’t let appearances fool you and judge on your own.

I’ve been surprised by the revel
Chrissie
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Shiva and her "Auntie" are taken to a village on the border of The Outside. Apparently, there is a prophecy about Shiva being the one to "break" the plague of darkness that curses humans into beasts. Meanwhile, her Teacher is missing Shiva and fears for her safety. Eventually, Shiva's "Auntie" is turned into a beast and the village is in chaos with soldiers ready to kill all who are "ill".

Other cursed beings from volume 2 rescue her and Teacher comes to her aide. She is taken back to Teacher's
Kitkat
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I felt heartbroken for Shiva! How she gets kidnapped by the King's guard. I am so intrigued to find out her past that I'm dying without the next book. Teacher is so kind to her that it makes me smile and feel sorry that he feels so alone. But their relationship as father and daughter is adorable. I honestly loved this book.
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great volume in this series. A good pace of world building and plot development at the same time depicting satisfying character beats. All done in a dark but expressive, and gorgeous, art style.
Marion
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, manga
Que c'est joli. Le manga me plait beaucoup dans l'ensemble, mais je dois avouer que ça n'avance pas très vite. Et les tomes sont trop courts ^^'
Kayleigh💛
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5
Karissa
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the third book in The Girl from the Other Side series. This series is very aptly described as a quiet fairy tale. This continues the story of Shiva and Teacher. I really loved it and continue to adore the unique illustration and story style.

Shiva’s aunt has come to return her to town but Teacher is suspicious of her motives. Why did Shiva’s aunt take so long to come and get her? Teacher takes it upon himself to find out what is happening with Shiva and try to protect her. Meanwhile Shiva
Akira
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kristin
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I think I would be enjoying this a lot more if it were in an omnibus format. The story moves so slowly that just as something important is about to happen, the book ends. Every volume so far has closed with a cliffhanger, which would be fine if it didn't feel like the whole book had was nothing but build up to that one revelation or event.
Dani (ダニ)
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!!!
This series keeps being strong and I love the twist it's taking and it gets so much darker and I'm so into this I want more. This series doesn't disappoint and I just want Volume 4 right now. Definitely one of my favourite series of all time. I'm gonna stay with this forever.
Shala
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. We are slowly starting to get some answers! I'm excited for more to come in the nexr volume!
Sans
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still an amazing story. I can’t wait to read the next book.
Jayne
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
oo shit is getting real! looking forward to Vol. 4
Jenna
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the characters and can't wait to read more!
alicat
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still loving this. Hope it gets an anime one day.
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books
This is a beautiful series.
Annise Blanchard
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This one broke my heart...the poor auntie :( Beautiful illustrations; I cannot wait to read the next
Carmen Harris
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
The third volume in this series is more "action-packed" than the others, simply because of certain events setting things in motion for the future of these characters we were introduced to in the previous books. Even with the fast-pacing this book still manages to have the same feelings and introspections the first two books possessed. If anything, this book brings to bear those feelings with greater force.

Moreover, this book brings to the focus the isolation and loneliness that has been hinted a

The Girl From the Other Side (6 books)
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 1 (The Girl from the Other Side, #1)
  • The Girl from the Other Side: Siúil, A Rún, Volume 2 (The Girl from the Other Side, #2)
  • とつくにの少女 4 [Totsukuni no Shoujo 4] (The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún, #4)
  • とつくにの少女 5 [Totsukuni no Shoujo 5] (The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún, #5)
  • とつくにの少女 6 [Totsukuni no Shoujo 6] (The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Red Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1)
  • The Gods Themselves
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49