Start by marking “Remember No More” as Want to Read:
Remember No More

Remember No More

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A DS Kite novel – a city detective joins the mid-Wales force
bringing new insights and ruffling country feathers

Newly promoted DS Julie Kite is at a crossroads. Her husband’s desire for a different life takes her away from urban Manchester and its inner city problems to tranquil mid-Wales. It is to be a clean slate for them both. On her first day at Builth Wells police stat
Mass Market Paperback, 302 pages
Published March 16th 2017 by Honno Press

To ask other readers questions about Remember No More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remember No More

Dianne
She was used to the helter-skelter world of Manchester, but when she received a promotion and her husband desired to get away to the country, DS Julie Kite was determined that she would make a go of it, for herself as well as her marriage.

Jan Newton’s REMEMBER NO MORE brings a big town cop, used to the big town crimes into a world where small town minds and petty crimes are the norm until a case the small town boys are not equipped to handle gives Julie a chance to shine and prove her worth as a
J.B (Debbie)
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I really enjoyed this book! My first book by Jan Newton and it definitely won't be my last. DS Julie Kite up sticks and moves to rural Wales under the guise of a promotion but more than likely to try to keep her husband under control and stop him from straying once again. Its clear from the beginning that Julie isn't keen on the move but is keen to try to save her marriage. A strong and intelligent woman, this is her only weakness.

On her first day Julie must deal wit
Chris
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime
Detective Sergeant Julie Kite has upped sticks from Manchester to rural Mid Wales, her transfer determined by her husband Adam accepting a post in a local school, teaching history. Not unexpectedly, she's already conflicted about the prospect, not least because Adam has strayed down the path of dalliance in the recent past.

And on her first day in her new job she finds she's landed slap bang in the middle of a murder investigation.

The cover strapline to Remember No More is 'Bad blood runs in fami
Alan
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable read with a good story line. Grew up in the area where it all took place which felt quite strange. Hopefully we will meet Sgt. Kite again in the future.
Cathy Ryan
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Julie Kite, newly promoted to Detective Sergeant, is leaving the Manchester Metropolitan Police force and the inner city life she’s used to, for rural Wales. Her husband, Adam, has a new teaching post in mid Wales and this is an opportunity for a fresh start for them both, and a last ditch attempt to save their marriage. Julie isn’t looking forward to the move but realises there’s too much temptation in the city.

Julie has no time to dwell on her misgivings. Her first day at Builth Wells police s
Jenn
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime-drama
I confess, I was initially drawn to Remember No More in part because of the synopsis, and in part due to the fact that I spent nearly four years in this part of Wales. Jan Newton does not disappoint with her writing nor with the stunningly depicted setting. This the perfect book to get lost in on a quiet Sunday afternoon, and I confess I devoured it in one sitting.

Newton's debut novel is well crafted with a tightly knit story that twists and turns. While I thought I might have figured out "whodu
Jo
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm not overly fond of police procedurals, but this book entertained me from beginning to end. I love the warm, engaging characters such as DS Julie Kite and her boss, Swift. The narrative is seamless and moves at a good pace. I loved the references to Manchester and the way the author contrasted life in the big city with life in rural Wales. Very well written and researched.
Andrea
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Following her husbands promotion, Julie Kite a detective in the Manchester police force, heads to rural Wales for a new, police force and new start in the countryside. Landing a murder case on her first day in the new job she soon digs up some history and as an 'outsider' discovers the ways of the locals.

I really enjoyed reading this book.
Michelle Eshkeri
Jan 28, 2018
Dr
Apr 02, 2017
JOYCE PULLING
rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2017
Teresa
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Remember No More by Jan Newton Julie Kite with a new promotion to Sargent is leaving big city life as a cop to follow her husband to a small town Mid-Wales. Her husband decides he needs a change and Julie decides in order to save her marriage this is what she must do.

When you put a big city cop into a small town things are bound to shake up a bit. Julie is used to going after the big crimes but must settle into small town life and small town crimes. She has a lot to learn about small town life
Susan Charters