Start by marking “The Forever House” as Want to Read:
The Forever House

The Forever House

Hunter's Moon is the ultimate 'forever' house. Nestled by a river in the Peasebrook valley, it has been the Willoughbys' home for over fifty years, and now estate agent Belinda Baxter is determined to find the perfect family to live there. But the sale of the house unlocks decades of family secrets - and brings Belinda face to face with her own troubled past. . .

Published May 18th 2017 by Orion

To ask other readers questions about The Forever House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forever House

Start your review of The Forever House
Paromjit
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a novel overflowing with charm and nostalgia set in the fictional village of Peasebrook, with its High Street of independent shops. Belinda runs her own estate agency selling houses to what she hopes are the right owners, employing a personal approach. She talks of the forever house that she is seeking, having once had such a house for herself ,before her life splintered apart traumatically and she lost it. She turns up at Hunter's Moon, owned by Sally and Alexander, who find themselves ...more
Karen Whittard
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are no words to how much I simply loved this book. It is absolutely beautiful romantic and lovely. Such a wonderful read. I would highly recommend to all.
Karen
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a lovely read and a return to Peasebook was a bonus. Belinda Baxter is one of those rare things - an estate agent with a heart!!! She was determined to all she could to make sure that Hunters Moon found its perfect owner. It was lovely to see Nightingale Books get a mention(those who have read How to Find Love in a Bookshop will remember this bookshop). Highly recommended.
Negin
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anglophiles looking for a sweet, comfort read
This is the second book that I have read and loved by Veronica Henry. The first one was How to Find Love in a Bookshop.

I adored this one right from the get-go. It is a chick-lit romance, but not overwhelmingly so. It’s about a family living in a home called “Hunter’s Moon” set in my favorite part of England, the beautiful Cotswolds.

I imagined the home to look something like this.

Although it’s all a bit predictable, it was a truly heart-warming read. I already miss some of the wonderful
Dale Harcombe
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nestled in the hills of Peasebrook, is Hunter’s Moon, where the Willoughby family has lived for over 50 years. Now though, due to unforeseen health and financial issues, Sally and Alexander are being forced to sell Hunter’s Moon. They hire estate agent Belinda Baxter who is determined to find the right buyers for this special property. Belinda has dreams of buying a house herself. Once she’d had one for a short time. But the dream turned into a nightmare. For Belinda the sale of Hunter’s Moon ...more
Hannah
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ourhouse, 2017-books
A fantastic read from start to finish
Agi
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-releases, 2017

"The Forever House" is my third book by Veronica Henry and when I thought that there is nothing that could overdo her "How to Find Love in a Bookshop", I can certainly state that this newest release is as good as the latter. I've no idea how Veronica Henry does it, but there is such warmth to the writing, it is so inviting that you immediately feel at home when reading her novels. She brings all the emotions and feelings of the characters so effortlessly to life and I very quickly found myself
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

As soon as I saw that Veronica Henry had a new book coming out, I just knew that I had to get my hands on a copy! I'm not going to lie, I was overcome by incredible disappointment when I saw that the book was due to be released in May this year. Now, as I'm sure you're all aware when you're a massive bookworm, patience for upcoming books is pretty much non-existent (especially if they're one of your favourite authors)!
Karen Mace
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Veronica Henry does it again! She has this amazing ability to write the books I NEED to read and fall hopelessly in love with the characters and the setting! In this case, the wonderful home is Hunter's Moon, the home of the Willoughby clan for more than 50 years, but things could be about to change as the current owners are facing their own personal heartbreak and need to find a solution and fast!

Belinda is the estate agent brought in to handle the sale and she is a total romantic and will only
Nicola Clough
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book an easy read and great characters. A lovely beautiful house has been in the same family for years but they need to move and can Belinda who is the estate agent wants to find the perfect family to move in but in doing this a whole load of family secrets and things from the past come out. Can the right solution be found so everyone can be happy. A really lovely read.
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I first fell in love with Hunter’s Moon in a short story by the author called, The Apple Orchard. When I saw at the end that I could read more about the house as well as Belinda in a full novel, well I knew I just had to.

It’s not just the house you will fall in love with in this story. There are so many wonderful characters also. The story flicks between past and present so that we see things in present day with the owners of Hunter’s Moon having no choice but to sell their beloved home and to
Alayne Emmett
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fab book from Veronica Henry. It was such a sweet story and I could have read it in a day if I wanted to. But, I wanted to savour it, like a well cooked meal. This lady writes such lovely stories.
Hannah Symonds
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is just something magical about Veronica Henry's writing, it is like pure escapism. It just feels very real as though you are experiencing it like the characters are. I found the story line to be quite refreshing and a bit different but I liked it. A page turner at it's best.
Nina
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Wauwww. Love this book so much ...more
Suze Lavender
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hunter's Moon is a very special house. It's a house that has been through a lot together with the Willoughby family. First it was owned by Margot, a famous writer. She lived there with her husband and three children. Now her son Alexander owns the house together with his wife Sally, but due to tragic circumstances they need to put the house on the market. Their estate agent Belinda will sell the house with a heavy heart and genuinely wants to help the family. What will happen to Hunter's Moon, ...more
Trelawn
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love looking at houses for sale or driving through the country and seeing old farm or manor houses and imagining who lives there so this story was perfect. The Willoughby's have made the heartbreaking decision to sell Hunter's Moon, their big country home. Belinda is the estate agent taking care of the sale and arranging the open house. The story switches between 1967 and the present telling the back story of the Willoughbys and Belinda who had to give up her own dream house. A cosy, easy ...more
Cassidy (Cassidys.Bookshelf)
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, read-2018
Hunter's Moon is the ultimate dream house that Belinda Baxter can't believe she gets to sell. The Willoughby's have lived there for as long as anyone can remember, but when a devastating situation occurs Sally and Alexander have to move from their beloved home. This book had lots of family drama, a cozy setting with dreamlike scenery, and it alternated from past to present which I'm a sucker for. It wasn't as captivating as How to Find Love in a Bookshop, but it did take place in the same town ...more
Kim
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, net-galley, kindle
Veronica Henry is one of my favourite authors and I loved immersing myself in the history of Hunters Moon in Peasebrook. Sally and Alexander are facing the heartbreaking decision to sell their 'Forever' home due to personal circumstances and we hear all about their early courtship and the house that has been in Alexander's family for a long time.

Sally agrees to use Belinda's estate agency to sell their house because she likes to find the perfect house for her clients and dresses them for their
Rachel Gilbey
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well everyone is looking for their forever home, some are luckier than others in that they are already living in it, others have to face the heartbreaking decision to move away from their perfect home, for all manner of reasons.

And that is exactly what is happening with Hunter's Moon, a gorgeous property in Peasebrook. Sally and Alexander need to downsize and sell up, for a very good reason, but they have been very happy in the property for over 50 years.

As we watch them explain to family why
Anne
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are certain authors who never fail to disappoint me, and Veronica Henry is one of those. She's part of my 'go to' group of writers who I know will always deliver a story that will delight me, lift my mood and really warm the heart. The Forever House is an absolute joy to read, I fell head over heels in love with the characters, the setting and of course, with Hunter's Moon; the 'forever house' of the title.

Hunter's Moon is a family home, it is a beautiful house that is filled with love and
Jeanne Adamek
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as expected, but refreshing and different.
Alison Winter
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, just like other veronica henry books good twists in the story, exciting characters and the lovely peasebrook.
Lydia Bailey
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read this in two hits and it is exactly what 'Good Housekeeping' says it is on the cover- 'gorgeous, escapist read' . Very readable,very light, very enjoyable.
Kim
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh I loved this. So charming and comfortable to read. Lovely characters and of course the village of Peasebrook setting is the definition of cosy.
Stacey Bennett
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely a lovely read. Would definitely recommend :)
Sandra Fowle
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Veronica Henry writes amazing characters and places you'd love to visit and live. I found this book a real joy to read, so much so, I couldn't put it down.

I loved how the book followed the family through the years. It was also lovely that past characters from Finding love in a bookshop made a small appearance.
Liz
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5* Chick Lit

Loved this book! I was immediately drawn into the story, it flowed naturally and past & present were stitched together very cleverly. I liked the range of characters and the unfolding of events felt natural rather than contrived. The perfect summer read!
Kimberly
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer, rys
I really enjoyed this cozy read. The Forever House was filled with quirky characters, and all the history one house holds!!! And yes to a little girl named Clementine. Can’t wait to read more VH!!!
Alicia Hope
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found this a gentle, character driven story with a style that reminded me of Rosamunde Pilcher. Well written, easy to read and (mostly) wholesome, this book now has me looking for others by the same author. :)
Ellie Pearson
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read. Nice story which crossed over into characters from "how to find love in a bookshop" clever writing. I would like to read more.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Villa Havsbris
  • Bokcirkeln vid världens ände
  • När alla klockor stannat (Hagfors, #6)
  • I fikonträdets skugga
  • Dan före dan
  • Välkommen till Flanagans (Flanagans, #1)
  • Blå, blå höstvågor
  • Dotter saknad (Bergslagens blå, #1)
  • Det första chiffret
  • Summer at Shell Cottage
  • Två hjärtans karameller
  • Alla älskar Bianca
  • Swallowtail Summer
  • Resten av allt är vårt
  • Flickorna utan namn (Ellen Tamm, #4)
  • Bara lite till
  • Brevvännerna
  • Fröken Liljekonvalj
Veronica Henry was a television script writer before turning her hand to fiction. She has published sixteen novels which she describes as realistic escapism - her setting are gorgeous, but her characters have problems and dilemmas everyone can identify with.
“So often there was sadness and grief lying underneath perfection.” 1 likes
“If this bloody disease has taught me anything, it's to spend more time with people you like.” 0 likes