Start by marking “The Preacher's Son” as Want to Read:
The Preacher's Son

The Preacher's Son (Church #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  3,005 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Carl Weber has won over readers and critics alike with his smart, sexy, page-turning tales of family drama. Now he delivers his most powerful novel yet- an explosive story about an esteemed church family with a whole lot of repenting to do...
Bishop T.K. Wilson, popular pastor of the largest African American church in Queens, New York, has
Hardcover, Large Print, 455 pages
Published August 1st 2005 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2005)

Layeshia
If you like controversy in the church pulpit. And you always looked at the first lady of the church with the side eye...and you desperately and secret secretly wanted to be part of the FIRST family you will love this book! I definitely recommend this book to you.
Danielle
Jul 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up on Wednesday July 2, 2008....today is Thursday July 3, 2008....I am finished....this book is so GOOD...he gives voices to all of the characters (this is an amazing thing)you just have to read it......it deserves like 20 stars.....
Carl Weber
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Follow me on Twitter. http://twitter.com/CarlWeber_UB

Connect with me on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carl-We...

Check out all my interviews and trailers on. http://www.youtube.com/UrbanBooks
Ciera Randolph
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Living up to your family’s high expectations can be very hard especially when your church family expects more from you tan your original family. In the novel “The Preacher’s Son,” by Carl Weber brother and sister Dante and Donna tried to have a social life but it seemed as if the whole community was watching their every move. Especially since their father, Bishop T.K. Wilson, head of the largest African American church in Queens, New York was running for borough president.

Dante’s mother Charle

Kimmie
This was a wonderful book....has that kind of drama that slowly creeps up on you! Just when you think it can't get any worse, *BOOM*!! I really enjoy reading Mr. Weber's books, as he has that way of tying in all of the different viewpoints of the characters....it's like a whole lot of people telling the story! I would love to see this one made into a movie or play. *HINT**HINT*
Tamara
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this book. Looking forward to book 2!
Marlene Banks
Carl Weber is a good storyteller. This novel had a lot of potential but failed to live up to my expectations. One thing I noticed was it was poorly edited for being published by Kensington/Dafina. That's not entirely the writer's fault, however. The story was imaginative with a good ending that kept me intrigued. Yet the language (dialogue), sexual content, and characterizations were not well placed or presented.
Claudia
Feb 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
I loved this book from the beginning to the end. He really target his characters all the way through. The mother in this book was out of this world she tired to run kids lifes and they was grown. With all the twists and turns and the church folks was off the hook, when they was in the church and out the church. This is a must read. It's worth your money.
Suzette Salmon
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was a good read. What I got from "The Preacher's Son" was there are places we can go and love that we can experience when you let the love of God seep into your heart. Because we are all subject to human error, who are we not to forgive. This certainly was a drama-filled, fast paced book that I would recommend.
Tanissa
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like drama this is a brilliant book to read. A young boy must fight to keep his love of his life, while balancing his parents who dont agree in his behavior unless offcourse he is married first. Their son doesnt like to be controlled he likes to take risk and enjoy his life while he can, not just being some mama n daddys boy. you should deff read this!
Lord' Williams
Feb 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carl-weber
This one was good! -I don't say this about too many, but I really liked this one by Carl. It became a real page turner for me just before the middle, and that's real good because I only read when I'm using public transportation. -I found time to read this at work and home!

You will enjoy this. A good read. Clean, but good.

Katrice
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book from beginning to end, it was one of those books I couldn't put down because I wanted to find out what happened next. I'd recommend this book to people who like a lot of drama and "secrets".
Monique Mcdonald
I loved reading this book Carl weber is a great writer I found myself wanting to read all of his novels.
Denise Rose
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carl Weber is a brilliant writer and know how to keep you hanging on every page! I love it!
Ashia Robinson
Jun 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great...I read it on a bus ride down to Florida. I read it in less than 2 days! I recommend this book to everyone, the ending has a good twist to it, kinda shady but good...
Jessica Terry
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved, loved, loved this book!! It really made me wish I was a part of the story! I've already read it two or three times...Mr. Weber hit it out of the park with this one!
BossLadySdotD
May 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it if you are a CW fan, get it before So You Call Yourself A Man.
La Tonya
Jan 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All isnt whats cracked up to be....very good book!
Varrsity Varrsity
Nov 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still mad because someone stole this book for me. Well, they didn't steal it, they just never returned it to the rightful owner. (me)
P Young
Apr 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!!
Bethany Noel
Jun 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
life is not perfect even if you try to do the right thing.
Cindy Rinaman
I wanted to like this book, as it has an interesting premise, but if there's any redemption to be had here, I'm thinking it's not going to be convincing, because the early exposition gives us only the barest hint of personal substance in the preacher and his wife who stand in their son's office (in their church megalopolis that employs the whole family) while his married-to-a-boring-disabled-man lover crouches under his desk with her insatiable desire. The most intriguing character is the exotic ...more
reneeNaDaBomb
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious-theme
Shorty and Donna got married and are expecting. Then Dontae proposed to Tanisha who turned out to be his half sister with a drug addict that spent time in Rikers Island prison. And yeah, they got married because Dontae's mom was already preggo when she met TK and married him. So, it looks like Bishop TK and his wife, First Lady Charlene Wilson just keep adding new members to the family and to their church, First Jamaica Ministries.

A good one with characters you can relate to. I highly recommend
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
I was entertained. I liked the narrators. I thought I was getting PG/PG 13 church, not R church. It's okay for stories like this to have detailed sexual talk but I didn't expect that to be in a book labeled christian fiction. I'm not saying Christians don't talk like this, I was caught off guard. I already purchased book two.
I don't know why people let The First Lady talk them like that, mainly Tanisha.

I'll check out the movie.
Kimberly
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers, completed
OK, Alright! No spoilers here. To quote The Gap Band "You Dropped a bomb on me baby, you dropped a bomb on me!!
I loved this book. Took me about 3 days to complete this and yes I was up past my bedtime just to get to a lull which never arrived.
This book will stay on my shelf. This is my first reading of church drama, Carl Weber has set a bar, I am waiting to see who will top it.
Charmekia Johnson
I thought that this book had a lot of suspense. I never knew what would happen next. I read the book and then saw the movie. Carl Weber is one of my favorite authors. I am ready to find a different book by him.
Gwendolyn Starling
Three thumbs up👍👍👍

This is a great book. The story line was powerful. I didn't want to put it down. It had just enough drama and suspense.
Hugh Woodson
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story from each character 's perspective. Story supposedly center around Dante Wilson, Preacher 'a son in New York City.

Prepared for family fight!
Tasha Milteer
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this book. Carl Weber never lets me down.
Stephanie
So, I had some time to mull over this before I sat down to write out my thoughts.

In previous reviews of Mr. Weber's books, I mentioned my appreciation for him. There is somewhat of an attachment there because while in college, I really enjoyed delving into his books and thought his style was refreshing. Especially given all the too "urban" novels that seem to dominate the African-American literature genre. While they were enticing reads, at the end of the day, I couldn't relate.

THE PREACHER'S S
  • Everybody Say Amen
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • A Sin and a Shame
  • When Somebody Loves You Back (Soulmates Dissipate, #6)
  • God's Gift to Women
  • I Say a Little Prayer
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
Carl Weber is a New York Times and #1 Essence® bestselling novelist.

In addition to his writing, Weber is the founder and publisher of Urban Books and in 2005, he was named Blackboard's Publisher of the Year. He is the owner of the Urban Knowledge chain of book stores and a past recipient of Blackboard's Bookseller of the Year award.

Weber graduated from Virginia State University and holds an MBA in
More about Carl Weber...

Church (5 books)
  • So You Call Yourself A Man
  • The First Lady
  • Up To No Good
  • Torn Between Two Lovers (Big Girls Book Club)