Start by marking “Ghost Times Two” as Want to Read:
Ghost Times Two

Ghost Times Two

(Bailey Ruth #7)

Carolyn Hart--New York Times bestselling author of Ghost to the Rescue--returns with a new Bailey Ruth Ghost Novel in which one woman shatters the glass ceiling...with a little help from beyond.

Bailey Ruth Raeburn's latest mission is to guide the spirit of a deceased young man named Jimmy to the next life. But Jimmy is determined to watch over his still-living girlfriend,
Published October 3rd 2017 by Berkley Books (first published October 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Times Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Times Two

Una
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bailey Ruth, emissary from Heaven, has been dispatched to bring a recalcitrant Jimmy up the golden stairs to his new home, but Jimmy is having nothing to do with this plan--at least for now. He feels Megan, his girlfriend when he was still alive, needs him to watch over her. All too soon the feeling becomes a necessity and it takes both Bailey Ruth and Jimmy to help clear the muddy waters.

I felt this book was a great improvement over Ms. Hart's last one in the series. While there was still a lot
Judy
I read this for the 2019 Popsugar Challenge category of "A ghost story". This is not my favorite of Carolyn G. Hart's mystery series, but it fit the bill as the detective helping out the police in small town Oklahoma, Ruth Bailey, is actually a ghost, sent as a "Heavenly Emissary" to convince a recently deceased young reporter to move on to heaven, rather than hang around to keep an eye on his former girlfriend. When the girlfriend becomes a murder suspect, Ruth Bailey hangs around to do some in ...more
Susan Webb
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bailey Ruth is as funny and smart as ever. I like her relationship with Sam, the police chief. This is a good series.
Denise
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
In this novel, ghost Bailey Ruth is sent back to her hometown Adelaide, with the mission of convincing a recently-departed soul to leave earth and go to Heaven. The problem? Jimmy can't give up his fiance, Megan. He's even been talking to her and interfering in her life, which is a no-no! Of course, once Baily Ruth arrives on the scene, Megan's nasty boss is murdered, and Megan is the prime suspect! Bailey Ruth and Jimmy know she is innocent, so they must solve the mystery and clear Megan before ...more
Ellen
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It's been awhile since I've read anything, so I figured I'd read something that I was familiar with
and not too challenging. This one fit the bill. I think it's just okay. I got tired of the descriptions of
Bailey Ruth's outfits, plus the outfits of the other ghost in the story.
Glad I am back to reading!
Arlene
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

And I thought this was a typical ghost story with howling winds and doors and windows that suddenly open. I was surprised, it was a mystery novel. My first time to read a Carolyn Hart book. Fancy two ghosts helping in solving a crime.
Michelle
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy the Bailey Ruth mysteries. Bailey Ruth is a fun character.
Wendy
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: murder-mystery
“Ghost Times Two” is an innovative and imaginative murder mystery that begins when Bailey Ruth Raeburn, Emissary of Heaven’s Department of Good Intentions is sent to Adelaide, Oklahoma to convince Jimmy Taylor a reporter who died in a kayak accident to ascend to heaven. But Jimmy who loves his girlfriend an associate lawyer at Layton, Graham, Morse and Morse is reluctant to leave especially when she’s accused of killing her arrogant, conniving boss Doug Graham who’s blackmailing her to stay at h ...more
Nancy
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you could forgive the repetitiveness of this book – the repeated naming of the characters and their outfits, Ghost Times Two would have been an entertaining read. I do not know why Carolyn Hart continues to describe excessively, but that does seem to be her modus operandi.

Bailey Ruth, an emissary from Heaven, is once again sent back to Adelaide, Oklahoma to guide a lingering soul that does not want leave the love of his life and ascend the golden staircase. Jimmy is determined to stay by Mega
Susan
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good one - a departure from the standard plot of the Bailey Ruth novels. This time she is sent back to Adelaide to convince another 'ghost' - a young man - that it is time for him to leave earth and ascend the golden stair. Jimmy is still hanging around because to watch over his former girlfriend. However, the girlfriend, Megan, has found a new love, Blaine. When she finds herself hearing not one, but TWO ghosts, Megan is understandably upset! Megan is a young lawyer, dealing with an ...more
Linda
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Bailey Ruth Raeburn is a former English teacher, a consummate fashionista, a sometime sleuth, and -- oh yeah -- a full-time ghost. Sent down to her old hometown of Adelaide, Oklahoma, to try to persuade another ghost (Jimmy Taylor) to move on, she finds herself involved in a murder investigation. Somehow, she and Jimmy must prove that young lawyer Megan Wynn did not shoot her repugnant boss, Doug Graham.

Very good! I did not guess the identity of the murderer at all. The confession in the penult
Marilyn
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Around the Year in 52 Books 2018 Reading Challenge. A ghost story.

Under the precepts which Wiggins has written, emissaries are not supposed to associate with other departed souls. However, in this case, he is sending Bailey Ruth to Earth to try to talk a recently departed young man into leaving Earth and ascending the golden stairs. The problem is that Jimmy is in love with Megan and not happy that she has moved on. Jimmy doesn't approve of the young lawyer she has been seeing. Then someone in t
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Not many people can make a ghost come to life, but that’s exactly what author Carolyn Hart does in every installment of the Bailey Ruth Ghost Mysteries.

GHOST TIMES TWO finds ghost Bailey Ruth trying to help the spirit of a young man move on to the afterlife. But much in the way of the show, The Ghost Whisperer, his reluctant spirit is refusing to go. What follows is an exciting tale of the two ghosties trying to track down a murderer.

A fast, and fascinating story, GHOST TIMES TWO is another amaz
Regan
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Megan is an awesome character. Someone you’d like to have in your corner – as are Jimmy and Blaine. These are people who care about others and will sacrifice their own happiness to help someone out. The killer in this one caught me totally off guard. I was pretty sure I knew who it was when we meet all the law firm employees, but I was surprised when the killer was revealed. Getting caught off guard like that definitely made for an even more fun read…I did go back and look for the clues.

Janice
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another of Carolyn Hart's tightly woven mysteries. The plot is interesting and keeps you guessing until the end. Bailey Ruth reminded me of another of Carolyn's strong females, Annie Laurence. Well developed characters. There was a lot of repetition....characters repeating themselves with no advancing of plot. And too much detail about Bailey Ruth's wardrobe changes. Made me think the author was paid by the word and used a lot of unnecessary filler. Overall, a satisfying and easy read.
Linda Smatzny
This is the seventh book in the Bailey Ruth Ghost series. This time Bailey Ruth is sent back to Adelaide, Oklahoma to convince Jimmy( a new ghost) to ascend the stairs to heaven. Jimmy doesn't want to leave his girlfriend,Megan. Megan a lawyer becomes the prime suspect in the murder of a partner in the law firm she works for. Bailey and Jimmy stay in Adelaide to prove her not guilty of the crime. The book was a quick easy read.
Val
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Bailey Ruth ghost novel. The more I read this series the more I am enjoying it. Very different from your usual ghost stories or should I say emissary from Heaven, as Wiggins would have you named. Bailey Ruth is sent to earth to help a young man cross over. Unfortunately, he won't cross over until his girlfriend is happy and safe. When she is named as a chief suspect in a murder, not only the young man but Bailey Ruth too has to solve the murder before all can be right with the world.
Joan
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This time Bailey Ruth is given a different assignment. Even though one ghost is not to interact
with another ghost, Bailey Ruth must find Jimmy on earth and convince him to climb the
stairs to Heaven. But Jimmy won't leave his girl friend so Bailey Ruth and Jimmy set out
to fix Megan's problems and finally Jimmy climbs the stairs. But their antics along the
way is a great read!
Theresa
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
The continuing tale of Bailey Ruth's after life. The assignment is to get Jimmy up the stairs, but in the process the woman he loved while a live is accused of murder. Bailey Ruth is on the trail of the murder with the help of Jimmy. A fun story with a good selection of suspects.
Carol
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started this book, I thought, "Well, this is going to be silly." It wasn't. Written with a light and clever hand, the characters are delightful, and I didn't know who the murderer was until the end. Just the kind of book I needed for today.
Marjorie
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bailey Ruth jusrt makes me laugh. She is so earnest and always manages to talk her way out of trouble!
Kathleen
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Intricate and well-written mystery with excellent descriptions (especially of Bailey Ruth's outfits).
Cindy
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love taking a virtual vacation to Adelaide!
Rebecca Oerman
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It started a little slow but picked up and was quite enjoyable.
Johnna
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable title in the Bailey Ruth Ghost series. Fun and mayhem from the beyond comes calling to solve a mystery
Cherie Bush
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite cozy series. Hart never fails me.
Sarah Haman
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
fun! This one is about two ghosts trying to solve the mystery of who killed an obnoxious boss.
Anna
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
We are warned going in that no one is going to be following the precepts on this one, so it was somewhat annoying to be constantly reminded of them. I never seem to enjoy the mysteries as much when Bailey-Ruth has a ghostly companion and that holds true here, besides which Jimmy is something of an idiot when it comes to commons sense and police work. You would also think that by now Wiggins would know he is not going to get Bailey-Ruth out of there until the mystery is satisfactorily solved, so ...more
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN: 9780425283738
Author Website: carolynhart.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Jeanie

Synopsis:

Carolyn Hart—New York Times bestselling author of Ghost to the Rescue—returns with a new Bailey Ruth Ghost Novel in which one woman shatters the glass ceiling…with a little help from beyond.

Bailey Ruth Raeburn’s latest mission is to guide the happy-go-lucky spirit of a deceased young ma
Angela
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Easy read with a Very "Murder She Wrote" feel. Simply okay. Nothing special.
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #222 - Ghost Times Two: A Bailey Ruth Ghost Novel 1 1 Dec 08, 2016 11:11AM

• The Law of Finders Keepers (Mo & Dale Mysteries, #4)
  • Mummy's the Word
  • Y Is for Yorick: A Slightly Irreverent Shakespearean ABC Book for Grown-Ups
  • Feta Attraction (Greek to Me Mystery #1)
  • A Lack of Temperance (Hattie Davish Mystery, #1)
  • The Golden Unicorn
  • Murder On The ICW (Magnolia Mysteries, #5)
  • The Random House Book of Ghost Stories
  • Who Killed the Queen of Clubs? (Thoroughly Southern, #7)
  • The Clockwork Teddy: A Bear Collector's Mystery
  • Under the Dog Star (Rachel Goddard Mystery #4)
  • The Extinguished Guest (Lexie Starr Mystery #2)
  • Kind of Coping: An Illustrated Look at Life with Anxiety
  • The Spia Family Presses On (Mobsters Anonymous Mystery #1)
  • Overdue (Miss Fortune; Overdue #1)
  • Unexpected Rain
  • Murder at Whitehall (Elizabethan Mysteries, #4)
  • Scandal at Six
Also writing as Carolyn Hart.

An accomplished master of mystery with 46 published books, Carolyn Hart is the creator of the highly acclaimed Henrie O,Death on Demand, and Bailey Ruth Raeburn series. Her books have won multiple Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity Awards. Letter from Home (2003), her standalone mystery set in Oklahoma, was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize. Her latest book is Dead by Midnig

Bailey Ruth (8 books)
  • Ghost at Work (Bailey Ruth, #1)
  • Merry, Merry Ghost (Bailey Ruth, #2)
  • Ghost in Trouble (Bailey Ruth, #3)
  • Ghost Gone Wild (Bailey Ruth, #4)
  • Ghost Wanted (Bailey Ruth #5)
  • Ghost to the Rescue (Bailey Ruth #6)
  • Ghost on the Case (Bailey Ruth #8)