Start by marking “Star Wars Vol. 4: Last Flight of the Harbinger” as Want to Read:
Star Wars Vol. 4: Last Flight of the Harbinger

Star Wars Vol. 4: Last Flight of the Harbinger

(Star Wars (2015) #4)

Collects Star Wars (2015) #20-25.

Marvel's epic exploration of the Star Wars galaxy continues! Take a walk on the dark side with Sgt. Kreel and an elite group of Imperial soldiers aboard the Star Destroyer Harbinger! It's a nigh-indestructible weapon of war. It's also the target of the rebels' new top-secret plan. Never afraid of defying the odds, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo a
Published January 31st 2017 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars Vol. 4

Alejandro
Star Wars as you like to experience it!

I bought this in its single comic book issues, but I chosen this TPB edition to be able of making a better overall review.

This TPB edition collects “Star Wars” #20-25.

This comic book run is set after the events of “Star Wars IV: A New Hope” but before the events of “Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back”.

Creative Team:

Writers: Jason Aaron

Illustrators: Mike Mayhew & Jorge Molina

Colors: Matt Milla

OBI WAN’S JOURNALS

Owen Lars and I may had our differen
Kemper
Anybody know how to hotwire an Imperial Star Destroyer?

Rebellion sympathizers on a planet are being starved out by the Empire. Luke and Leia hatch a plan to hijack a Star Destroyer so they can use the massive ship to run the blockade and bring relief supplies to them. Stealing the ship turns out to be the easy part as they try to run the damaged vessel with a minimal crew, and an elite squad of Stormtroopers led by Sgt. Kreel have a plan to take the ship back and capture some valuable prizes in
Sam Quixote
Rebel sympathisers are starving thanks to a planet-wide blockade by the Empire. Luke and co. plot to hijack a star destroyer to bust through and drop off supplies. The only problem is they have to hijack a friggin’ star destroyer!

Last Flight of the Harbinger is unfortunately the worst volume yet in Jason Aaron’s Star Wars run - which hasn’t exactly been amazing either!

The plot reeks of (shudder) The Phantom Menace. I mean, how the fuck does an entire planet starve because of a lack of supplies
Sud666
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The Last Flight of the Harbringer is a damn fine story by Jason Aaron.

The first story about Obi Wan on Tatooine and his continued mission to protect Luke is extremely well done. I enjoyed it a great deal. The book then moves on to its name- the Last Flight of the Harbringer. A really good story about a Rebel team (led by Leia and Han Solo) that takes over an Imperial Star Destroyer-the Harbringer.
We are introduced to an elite SpecOps team of Imperial Stormtroopers and they were awesome. I tend t
Scott S.

Rebounding from the kind of dull Vol. 3: Rebel Jail, Vol. 4: Last Flight of the Harbinger opens with two short stories before moving onto the title adventure. It begins with a young Ben Kenobi - plus some neighborly assistance from a pre-teen Luke Skywalker and uncle Owen - battling a ferocious Wookiee bounty hunter (who will NEVER be confused with Chewbacca) sent by Jabba the Hutt.

Next, the SCAR squad of Stormtroopers is shadowed on an assignment - which, unusually, features first-per
Bookwraiths
Okay at best. The whole plot to steal a star destroyer just didn’t do anything for me. I also didn’t love the art.
Chad
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The rebels steal a star destroyer! Does it get any better than this? Yes, because the SCAR battalion of elite Stormtroopers come after them and these guys are bad asses. Jason Aaron is writing his heart out with this series. It's so much fun. The art does take a dip in quality a bit as Jorge Molina's art is a bit too cartoony for me.
Artemy
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars, comics, marvel
Paul E. Morph
A handful of rebels stealing a Super Star Destroyer? Crack Stormtrooper teams with lightsabres? Sorry, but this just isn't my bag, man... The best bit was the R2-D2 backup strip and even that wasn't exactly stellar (pun totally intended).

I think I'm done with Star Wars comics...
Benji Glaab
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the last volume. This run is very hit and miss, but than again I feel this way about most of Aarons work. I believe any SW fan should give this series a try. It's exciting, and any chance to expand the wonderful Lore of this universe is great.

This starts off with another Kenobi stand alone. Set In his time on Taatoine as Luke's silent guardian. Old Ben squares off against Black Krsaantan who you might know from Doctor Aphra series. The art in this issue is awesome top scores in that
Sesana
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars, comics
The issue focusing on Scar Squad is really good, largely for the perspective of a faithful Imperial. I like getting an occasional reminder of the motivations of the rank and file. The main story is ok. I like the idea of hijacking a Star Destroyer, but it never really developed into anything fun. And I still don't like the idea of checking in on Obi-Wan in exile on Tatooine now and then. His stories can't be that interesting, by necessity.
Kaye
Feb 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, star-wars, 1-star
Blindzider
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
For some reason this volume stood out to me more than the last few.

The first issue is a beautifully illustrated adventure with Ben Kenobi written and drawn by Mike Mayhew. I really wish I could see more of his work, more often.

This rest of the volume is one long story that introduces the Imperial SCAR Squadron: a group of elite Stormtroopers. Meanwhile, Luke, Leia, and Han set out to help a blockaded planet by stealing a Star Destroyer. It's a mission that seems just right for the characters, s
Lance Shadow
Goodness, it took me way to long to acquire the most recent volume of Jason Aaron's Star Wars run. I have been pretty good about getting the trade paperbacks as they come out, but between a lack of time and money, this one I just couldn't get right away.

But to be honest, after reading it, it's not like I was missing out on much, as this volume ended up being pretty underwhelming for me. I've actually really enjoyed the comic book run Jason Aaron has done for Star Wars so far that has chronicled
Allie
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels

It was cool to see a bad Wookie, even though that story didn't last long. It was also interesting to see things from a stormtrooper's point of view. The art didn't do much for me. (It looked like Luke's aunt was wearing modern clothes.) The story itself wasn't great, but it is Star Wars.
Ramon
Dec 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun story about hijacking a Star Destroyer. These are some inventive stories, hampered only by the fact that since they take place between Episodes 4 & 5, we know none of the main cast are ever in any real danger.
Jim C
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating is 3.5 stars.

In this volume we have two different stories. The first story concerns Ben Kenobi and his watch over a young Luke. This is only one issue. The main story is the rest of the issues and tells of how the rebels steal a star destroyer in the hopes of breaking through a blockade and deliver supplies to a planet.

I am going to tackle the Ben story first. I loved it and I am loving these single issues that tell a quick story about Ben's time on Tattooine. It is a great look in
Jerry
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jesse A
I'm becoming less and less enamored with this series. At least this was a step up from Vol 3.
Robert
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guerre-stellari
I liked it plenty, but there was some weirdness, as well. Such as, why was Luke wearing a stormtrooper's helmet for several panels in issue 23? It really stuck out at me because some of the art also looked half baked, detail-wise. I guess deadlines are a biotch when putting out a flagship title.

Speaking of flagships, WE BOUGHT A ZOO STOLE A STAR DESTROYER!

I'm not entirely sold on this "Dirty Dozen" gang of Stormtroopers, either. I guess the writer needs to give Our Heroes worthy adversaries, bu
Vonze
Not a good day for the Rebel Alliance, or Darth Vader, apparently. No one quite gets what they want.

Han and Leia's dialogue and bickering is spot-on. However, one scene gets a little campy and hard-to-believe, especially in a life-or-death situation.

But, still looking forward to the next one.
Vinton Bayne
The issues here felt disjointed. I liked the characters, but the overall plot wasn't great. Definitely not bad, but the weakest of the series so far.
Travis Duke
Not a very good book, a downturn for a lot of reasons. The story is weak and the writing is just as bad, the art doesn't do anything for the story it sucks. There is one exception to the volume and its issue 20 and its the old Ben Kenobi journal where he meets the black wookie Krrsantan and the battle it out on tattooine, its epic and the art from Mike Mayhew is fantastic. Ok so the rest of the book focuses on The rebels plot to capture a star destroyer and they tell you the outcome right off th ...more
Chris Lemmerman
The stakes are meant to feel really high in this volume of Star Wars as the Rebellion runs afoul of the SCAR Squad of Stormtroopers, but unfortunately it doesn't feel very high stakes at all.

The idea of the SCAR Squad is interesting - an elite group of Stormtroopers who are actually good at their job - but aside from their leader Sergeant Kreel who was also in the previous arc, they are pretty much interchangeable and forgettable. I hope they're being set up as recurring foes rather than just a
Shannon Appelcline
Unfortunately, Aaron's Star Wars has settled thoroughly into the "OK" range. Oh, this volume makes better use of our core characters than its predecessor. The Han and Leia interactions are particularly charming. It's also a fun caper. However, the plotting is ultimately pretty shallow, with the fights against super-Troopers being largely dependent on plot fiat, and everything is just a little too simple and self-contained, like Aaron's telling a new (shallow) movie every volume.

And gosh, those O
Neil R. Coulter
This isn't the worst of the current Star Wars graphic novel series. The story stays focused on the action, with no distractions of tangential subplots. The artwork looks better than other volumes of this series have been. It's an unnecessary story, and I dislike cramming the space between the movies full of almost-encounters between Luke and Vader, because that takes away the power of their movie confrontations.

Well, if I keep writing, I'll end up not liking this book at all, so I'll just stop h
Lata
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x2017-read
2.5 stars. Interesting to see stormtroopers who were actually deadly and could shoot things accurately. The Harbinger is a Star Destroyer that is part of Rebel plans to supply a planet under blockade by the Empire. There are various fights and escapes, and running, and I thought only Sana had a working brain in these stories, with Leia's sense sacrificed for yelling pretty much the whole volume, cuz, well, she's in love! (Shaking my head.......) Sana comes off as smart, dangerous, and able to th ...more
Craig
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still top-notch stuff, filling in the gaps in the original film series. This time out, Han, Leia, and Luke mastermind a plan to steal an Imperial Star Destroyer, and find themselves battling with an elite squad of SCAR Storm Troopers. Action-packed and with pretty good artwork from Jorge Molina (he's no Kev Walker).
Ivy
5 stars

Nice to see Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, and the others again. Also nice to see Darth Vader. The Scar Squadron was very interesting. Hope they will still be around.

Can't wait to read more Star Wars comics!!!
Jason

• Star Wars: Han Solo
  • Star Wars: Shattered Empire
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi - The Storms of Crait
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
Jason Aaron grew up in a small town in Alabama. His cousin, Gustav Hasford, who wrote the semi-autobiographical novel The Short-Timers, on which the feature film Full Metal Jacket was based, was a large influence on Aaron. Aaron decided he wanted to write comics as a child, and though his father was skeptical when Aaron informed him of this aspiration, his mother took Aaron to drug stores, where h ...more

Star Wars (2015) (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Star Wars, Vol. 1: Skywalker Strikes