Start by marking “Count Vronsky's Daughter” as Want to Read:
Count Vronsky's Daughter

Count Vronsky's Daughter

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
For eighteen years Anni never questioned her identity. Suddenly one evening, the man she calls Papa confesses that her real father is the late Count Vronsky. her mother, Anna Karenina, she is told, suffered a horrible death by suicide. With beauty and daring as her legacy from these tempestuous lovers, the Russian heriess thus begins a quest for her own destiny.

Her journey
Published July 1st 1981 by Doubleday (first published June 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Count Vronsky's Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Count Vronsky's Daughter

Dorcas
4 1/2 Stars

This is a must read for any Tolstoy fan. No, its not to his standard so don't expect it, BUT! if you're like me and just cant get enough Tolstoy this book is satisfying.

Its not perfect, the story deviates down a few side streets in the form of famous artists/ entertainers. For example, her alter hero Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec the artist actually fights a duel for her honor. Yes. The dwarf. Entertaining but I was wondering if it was relevent to the story. It reminded me a bit of Dicken
Misfit
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
"I was baptized Anna Alexeyvna Karenina, named after my dead mother, but known always as Anni."

Who knew that someone had written a spin-off/follow up to Tolstoy's famous Anna Karenina and took on the daughter's story? I sure didn't, but thanks a heap to my friend Dorcas for finding it and reviewing it - I had to run right out to the library and get a copy. Glad I did.

The book begins with Anni learning the truth about her parentage and the death of the man she always believed was her father. She
Tweety
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Gothic, Thriller and Suspense lovers
Recommended to Tweety by: Dorcas

Anni Alexeyevna Karenina never was told the story of her Mother till now. Armed with that newfound knowledge she goes to Paris to visit with her friend Marie from finishing school. With her dear friend Marie she explores Paris society… and steals Marie's first love, Jeff. Entirely on accident. After that things spiral downwards, Anni with them to lower and lower depths.

Anni doesn't quite know how it happened. Somehow she has gotten mixed up in her brother's revolutionary activists and now Haqu
Anneceleste
This is the second book from this author that I read in a row and both from open library and this is where I will stop, not because I didn't enjoy them both but because of difficult access. It is first person narrative from heroine's POV. She is the daughter of Anna Karenina and Count Vronsky, she is a student of painting in Paris and she is involved through her brother with a British revolutionarist. (view spoiler) ...more
Marena817
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a breathtaking piece! A must read for any fans of Anna Karenina. I laughed aloud, I cried, I was in suspense - every minute with this book was a joy.
Jef
Jan 12, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
historical romance with a touch of thriller thrown in. a change of pace, for me.
Quirkyreader
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
See my review on my book blog: http://quirkyreader.livejournal.com
Shannon
rated it did not like it
Aug 09, 2018
Hafiza
Jun 16, 2015
Jodi
Jun 17, 2015
Carola Salisbury is a pseudonym for John Michael "Mike" Butterworth.

Butterworth trained as an artist at Camberwell College of Art and worked briefly as a tutor in drawing at Nottingham College of Art. After briefly working as a salesman, he joined the Amalgamated Press (later renamed Fleetway Publications) after submitting samples of artwork to them. Although these were turned down, he tried again