Start by marking “Concealed Desire” as Want to Read:
Concealed Desire

Concealed Desire

"A love that breaks all the rules..."

Since her first day at work, Beth Graison has been in love with Dean Sutherland--the "Son" in Sutherland & Son. Although he's an unrepentant player, there's an unmistakable connection between them, and she knows he feels it too. But she's not about to risk her career for any man, especially one with an office right down the hall who
Paperback
Published January 3rd 2014 by Etopia Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Concealed Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concealed Desire

Janet Juengling-Snell

Have you ever watched a movie that about halfway through the movie, you realize that you’re grinning like the Cheshire cat? That is what happened to me as I was reading Concealed Desire by Eden Summers. I read this book in one sitting and I think I must have been grinning or at least smiling most of the time. I adored Concealed Desire about as much as I did Eden’s first Book, Sneaking a Peak. I enjoy Ms. Eden’s writing style and totally relish in her snarky humor.

Concealed Desire opens with Bet
MsRomanticReads

She made him second-guess his opinion of love, made him want something he wasn’t sure existed.

Beth Graison is stuck between a rock and a hard place. She has lusted after her boss, Dean Sutherland ever since she began working at Sutherland & Son. To her, he’s practically perfect. He’s good looking, charismatic, smart and successful. In short, he’d be a catch if it wasn’t for one particular flaw – his bedroom may as well have a revolving door. Dean is known to go through women and tire of th
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

This is my second book by Eden Summers that I have read and she definitely kept me turning the pages again. "Conceal Desire" is one sexy, steamy emotional book that will make your emotions go haywire. I know there were times I wanted to go through the book and slap some characters around for what they were doing or not doing. (One character who seriously was going to get slapped was Max Sutherland...I despised him)

Beth Graison has worked at Sutherland &
Alyssa
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Review posted at Hesperia Loves Books

Concealed Desire is my second read by Eden Summers and I have fallen in love with the refreshing new voice that she brings to the Contemporary Romance genre. Her stories are well-written with seamless transitions and amazing characters that I instantly connect with. Dean & Beth’s chemistry and passion ignite off the pages, leaving burn marks on my hands, craving a cigarette and in need of a cold shower.

Beth wants Dean, but not at the cost of her pride an
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Book Blog
4.5 Sexy Stars!

Eden Summers is an author from Australia who asked me to review her book, Concealed Desire. I had no idea what to expect at all was was so happy that it turned out to be a GREAT read! I loved this book! It was a quick, hot, happy romance that actually had a great HEA! No Cliffhanger!!!! YAY!

This book actually has almost everything I look for in a book. It has a totally hot alpha, romance, steamy sex, humor, sexy banter,
Liz F
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review copy courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.

Thanks to Evie at In Love with Romance for hooking me up with this book!! Go check out her site!

Ohhhh! I really loved this book! It looks like I gave it 4 stars but that's more like 4.5 stars. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was great! So much fun!! Two awesome characters, lots of laughs! Now, you know I don't like novellas and.... I think this might be a novella!?!? Its 147 pages and I still loved it! Can you believe it!?

Ok, enough of my g
Erica
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BRILLIANT!!!! EXCELLENT!!!! FANTASTIC!!!! AWESOME!!!!

If I could give it ten stars I would (********** - There ten Stars)

That was one of the best stories I have ever read. Thank you Thank you Thank you Eden Summers for getting me out of my reading slump.

This story had everything romance, heat, passion, love, drama, humour, plot,excellent characters and some twists and turns here and there 100% Awesome.

I loved the Australian setting also being Australian myself its more relateable and realistic.

Th
Kristin
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, romance
The story starts with Dean's father propositioning Beth to be his mistress. She asks for time to think about it so that she can come up with a way to reject his offer without losing her job. Once she leaves his office, she decides to leave work early and finds herself at the bar that's located at the base of the building. After a few shots she finds herself face to face with Dean, who decides to drive her home. In her drunken state she confesses her attraction to him and pretty soon he is devisi ...more
Emily

Propositioned by her boss who is old enough to be her father, Beth Graison is flabbergasted by the impossible situation she finds herself in. Not only does she feel like she is teetering a delicate balance with trying to figure out a delicate way to say she is not interested, she has a crush on his son whose playboy ways with women have her wishing she was the type for a hook up, but she knows she is not.

Dean Sutherland has been biding his time with Beth, waiting for a sign from her to finally
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

CONCEALED DESIRE is my first read from Eden Summers and I was immediately drawn to the writing. Free-flowing and sensual, Summers has a way of creating an atmosphere that makes it easy to believe in the romance. Beth and Dean have a lot of chemistry and Summers definitely has fun with that. Her writing is infused with humor that I think makes this book very enjoyable. Sexy and fun is the way I would describe this book.

The one thing I had a problem with is the premise of
Shayna
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pure-romance
Hot, Heartbreaking, Beautiful......

This is my first read from the amazing Eden Summers, and it was sexy, smart, and heartwarming. I read it in one night and I felt like it was all happening right in front of me. Let me say that the "shower scene" and the "elevator scene" was HOT! Good job on that one Eden for sure ;) Thank you for the wonderful story and I look forward to reading more from this incredibly talented author.
Book Addict Mumma

Eden Summers you have done it again, Concealed Desire is hot,it's sexy and oh my god there is one scene in the book where I thought I would need 10 cold showers!!! I adored the characters and didn't want to finish this book but alas it was over in about 4 hrs! I can not wait to read more from this fantastic Aussie author! 10 STARS!!!
Crystal Feaster
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always love it when a bad guy goes good well they need to stay bad but I guess you should say tame nobody likes a Sissy boy type man I know I don't!!
Rachel Firasek
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lOVE THIS BOOK!
This was a cute, fun read. It's short so only takes a few hours to read. Definitely check it out!
Kaylyn
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since her first day at work, Beth Graison has been in love with Dean Sutherland—the “Son” in Sutherland & Son. Although he’s an unrepentant player, there’s an unmistakable connection between them, and she knows he feels it too. But she’s not about to risk her career for any man, especially one with an office right down the hall whom she works with every day.

Dean Sutherland doesn’t do love, but he does do women. And he hasn’t felt more than sexual attraction for any woman until Beth. Entirely
Liz at Fictional Candy
I recently read this book, Concealed Desire and I was completely blown away. I wasn’t sure what to expect, to be honest. What I got was a book full of anticipation, flirtation, imagination, miscommunication, and well, the torture of love – which I love! Eden’s writing is very good, in my opinion. It is not overly flowery or graphic, but very smooth flowing. Her ability to bring me into the story was fantastic, it was just a matter of a few words before I was sucked into Beth and Dean and their s ...more
Tabby -  Shattered Hearts Reviews
See this Review & More @Insightful Minds Reviews

I have a serious love for Eden Summers. I have read all books she has out right now & I must say that I was in NO WAY disappointed with Concealed Desire. It seriously rocked me something hardcore & has made it to my shelf of “favorite reads.” She has a way of writing that draws you into the pages and you don’t want to put the book down until you are finished with it! I have spend many nights sitting up reading her books. Sometimes, more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Karina
Book provided by the author for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Concealed Desire is a fast-paced, steamy, romantic love story. It’s not the usual guy meets girl and they fall in love. It is a story of a man who never commits and a woman who never trusts.

Beth has a very good position and work comfortably in a company called Sutherland and Son. But one day everything changes when her “older” boss propositions to have her as his mistress. (What the?!) Then ther
Carin
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eden Summers does a fantastic job writing the reformed bad boy and the sassy but vulnerable heroine in Concealed Desire.

Dean Sutherland shut down his heart after being hurt by women he thought loved him one to many times, Beth Graison has had the hots for Dean since she started working for him and his father. Beth isn't willing to risk a broken heart over a man who obviously is allergic to commitment when she wants it all, the picket fence, children and a dog.

Concealed Desire is a fast and fun
Ariana
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-between
What a pleasant surprise! At first, I was a little confused by what was going on, but as soon, as Dean said "You're mine" I was ALL IN! Dean is hot. HOT HOT HOT! He can get it, and his character was likable from the get go (although I would have liked him to have put up a little bit more of a fight, but I guess a few consecutive phone calls are enough?)

What I found very interesting about this book is that you think you know the characters at first, then by the end, you end up knowing totally dif
Rhonda
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eden Summers pulled this book off perfectly. I was grinning from ear to ear and Dean’s tongue-in-cheek humor and bawling at the misconceptions Beth had because of her insecurities and the circumstances. It’s a rare book that will find you both wanting to laugh and cry. This is one of those rare gems. Ms. Summers brought a new refreshing book into the sometimes monotonous world of contemporary romance. Sometimes the same scenarios over and over get tiring and boring. This was a breath of fresh ai ...more
Michelle
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy
I really liked concealed desires! Beth tended to frustrate me a bit. I was happy that she was able to admit to fault and apologize to dean.
DEAN...HHHOOOTTT!!!! I love it when the hero goes after what he wants and doesn't back down one bit!!!
Steamy sex, funny banter, and alpha male...YUMMY!
J
Dec 23, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An okay Australian love story where a woman works at a firm owned by a father and son. The father, very inappropriately, propositions the woman so the son, who has secretly yearned for her, decides to put his cards on the table. Lots of angst, some steam and a good ending.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Beth is shocked when called into her boss's office on a Friday afternoon, and given a proposition for a new position. The position is not, however, work-related. It's a sexual proposition by the boss, an older gentleman who Beth had thought of as a mentor, but never as a sex partner. She asks for time to think about it over the weekend so that she doesn't say something that she will regret in the shock of the moment. She then leaves work early and heads to the bar in their building to drown her ...more
Tina "IRead2Escape"
4.5 Stars

Concealed Desire is another great read by Eden Summers. This story is on the shorter side, but not abreviated in any way. The characters were enjoyable, the content was "real" and the sex was off the charts.

Beth Graison has a decision to make. Really? How on earth do you gracefully decline an offer to be your older (much older) boss's mistress? To make matters even more complicated, not that she would ever consider the proposition, she has fought a huge attraction to the boss's son sin
Jessica Parsons
Beth and Dean have been fighting there attraction for each other apart from one hot kiss. Dean thinks Beth is to good for him while Beth thinks he is a player who wont change and as much as she is attracted to him she doesn't do casual sex.
When Beth is propositioned to be more than just an employee to Dean's father, the “Sutherland” in Sutherland & Son, she is unsure how she is going to keep her job and let the boss down gently without showing her disgust over the offer.
When Dean finds out,
Margaret
This was a very disappointing book...
Then the first half of the book was good... But it got very weird after Steve's note. I mostly just skimmed this part because it was so frustrating. This part was made me only sympathize with Dean and not Beth... Beth just completely annoyed me!! She just assumed that Dean was a cheater and never gave him a chance to explain. It was so infuriating!!!
Another problem with this book was the proposition made by Dean's dad to Beth for her to become his mistress..
Adriana
Beth Graison has fantasized about her boss since her first day at work. Really what hot blooded woman hasn't? He is smart, gorgeous and his kisses are all consuming. She knows. Thanks to one too many beers, one night a year ago. The end. Right? Not so much... Dean hasn't wanted anyone in a long time. Not the way he wants Beth. Only now he learns dear old dad wants her too. Can you hear a hell to the no? Beth and Dean share a connection and he'll be damned to let it go before they explore it. Bet ...more
Becky MoJo
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Concealed Desires is a shorter, great read from Eden Summers. Beth has a thing for her boss, Dean Sutherland, but she values her job too much. Dean has wanted her since they met but after a drunken kiss the year before when Beth backed away, he doesn't want to lose her again.
Beth gets asked to be more than an employee by the much, much older boss, Dean's father. She doesn't know how to handle the situation for fear of losing her job, so she decides to numb her mind with alcohol. Who comes to he
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
99 cent Bestsellers: Hot Romantic Suspense on sale for one week 1 6 Jul 08, 2014 06:01PM
Romance Readers R...: $15 Amazon GC + swag packs 1 13 Feb 14, 2013 12:21AM
  • Wicked Valentine
  • Love to Love Her (Silver State Series)
  • Stranded Temptation
  • In Bed with the Opposition
  • Stand-In Star
  • Submersed
  • Sins From Her Past (Scandalous, #1)
  • The Candidate's Wife
  • Falling for You
  • The Undisciplined Bride
  • Rock My World (Firewire, #1)
  • Between the Sheets
  • The Wedding Blitz (Foolish Games, #3)
  • Flirting With Fate (Stiletto Girls, #2)
  • Knight of Hearts (A McKnight Romance, #2)
  • The Striker's Chance
  • One Night Stand (The Martin Family, #1)
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
Eden Summers is a bestselling author of contemporary romance with a side of sizzle and sarcasm. Best known for the Reckless Beat series, Inarticulate, and the Vault.

Visit Eden on AMAZON

Connect with Eden on FACEBOOK

Visit Eden on BOOKBUB

Join Eden's Reader Group on Facebook

Sign up for Eden's newsletter for the latest book news and receive an exclusive download of DIRTY STRATEGY .