Start by marking “Freedom of Love (Letters From Home, #2)” as Want to Read:
Freedom of Love (Letters From Home, #2)

Freedom of Love

(Letters from Home #2)

When Letters From Home make all the difference.

Brody Molina, an Army medic on tour in Afghanistan, saved lives everyday but preferred to spend his down time with a good book.

Molly Thurston, working in a library, sent boxes to books to soldiers overseas. Slipping a note into one, she wondered who would write back.

Finding each other through a love of books, the friends co
Published February 14th 2017 (first published January 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Freedom of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom of Love

Barbara➰
Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love stories that start off with letters and emails. This one was no different. However I did not like it as much as the first one in this series. It had a melancholic feel to it for at least the first 75%. I also didn't think Molly and Brody actually got to know each other in the letters. I felt they were just strangers conversing about books...sort of like on here lol. Honestly neither character grabbed me or left a lasting impression on me.

An
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I don't know it was the simple sweetness or the hopeful and heartwarming message here but this little story was exactly what I needed today.

I loved everything about it.. Absolutely perfect.

100% SweetSafety
Janie
Apr 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was tough to read at times. There was a sad feel to it almost until the end. It was still written very well and I liked the characters, it was just totally different than what I expected. The end was definitely sweet and hopeful. On to the next.

I have to add to my review and say that an epilogue would bring these closer to 5 stars. I feel like this one just ended. Do I think the couple will make it and stay together? Absolutely but I'd like the author to show me that. While this is a s
Els
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely story
Yesenia Gonzalez
*I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book*
Freedom of love by Maryann Jordan
This is the second book in letter from home series, could be read individually.
Brody Molina is an army medic on tour while the other guys on his unit spend their rest time hanging around Brody likes to read mystery books. Brody is the type to be all alpha male but have a sweet side to him. Molly Thurston is working at the library when she sees an article about books needed for soldiers, her great plan t
Holly Noelle
Okay, I'm disappointed in this one. Mostly because I loved the idea, but it just wasn't executed as well as it could have been! I think this was a case of a novella that should have been a full book. It needed more of the story told.

This one centered on Molly, an inmate at a minimum security prison, who is dealing with a sentence that she didn't deserve. As the story goes along, you find out what landed her there and how the system failed her.

Meanwhile, you have Brody, a soldier in Afghanistan
Jannie Cv
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Freedom of Love" brings great rewards for readers!
Sometimes circumstances lead to unexpected outcomes. What if? If Molly hadn't gone to prison for her step-father's death, she wouldn't have been working in a library or needing a service project. If Brody wasn't an introvert with a love of reading, he wouldn't have picked up a paperback with Molly's note inside. The ensuing story for these two does not run smoothly, but that is the nature of life, isn't it? Freedom, when it comes for Molly and B
Yvonne Cruz
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is only the second book I have read by Ms Jordan and she has me hooked. When you find yourself crying in the middle of the story and hope the people around you in the gym don’t notice, you know that you have a very talented author’s book in your hands.
The book centers around Brody Molina, an Army medic in Afghanistan, and Molly , a young woman that due to her protective instincts, is currently in prison. She has been assigned to work in the library and her project during her imprisonment is
Shelly Blevins-Middleton
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I saw my favorite author was going to do 3 short stories around Valentines Day I was super excited. Much like any time Maryann Jordan comes out with a new book I scoop it up and read fast and furiously.
Freedom of Love is the Second book in the Letters from Home series.This book is Brody and Molly's story. Funny how a chain of events can change your life. Molly imprisoned for circumstances she will not share, works in the library where she finds solace with books. Part of her incarceration
Amanda
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
One act can change a person’s life forever... Molly’s life changed in the blink of an eye and not for the better, however her love for books might be her salvation. She starts a new project through the library she works in by sending books to soldiers abroad. Brody, an army medic in Afghanistan loves to read, it helps him to escape the harsh reality that he deals with constantly. He is pleasantly surprise when he finds a letter in one of the books send by Molly. Their correspondence started out ...more
Jacey Jeffrey
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Brody and Molly's story. This is the second installment in the Letters From Home series and my new favorite!!! Their story really touched my heart for what they went through individually...made me tear up. Misunderstandings clouded their relationship for a bit, but once things were made clear...Brody stepped up to be the man she desperately needed. They had to work hard for their HEA and that to me makes it that much sweeter.

I absolutely loved their story and can't wait to se
Rachel Aoslin
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brody an army medic loves to read on what little down time he has as an army medic in Afghanistan. Molly is in prison for manslaughter after a lousy lawyer lets her down, and she won't admit to anyone why it happened.
Oh boy what an amazing story, Maryann's knack of inserting the real emotion into her stories makes you fell like you are there, living the story with them.
The description of life as an army medic and as a prisoner, tells you the good the bad and the ugly, I cried and cried but Marya
Angie McGuire
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great quick read

I liked this book a lot. Molly was a beautiful person, who took the hard road to save someone, and kept promises that she shouldn't have kept, but did it for the love of someone else.

Brody was a military man through and through. His connection to Molly was immediate, as was hers to him. They became fast friends, until secrets were revealed that he used against her without getting the whole story. This book is about getting to know someone, and realizing there's always two sides
Anna Marie
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOT what I was expecting. The H is a medic, the h is a convict (?!) who works in the prison library, and can't bring herself to tell him she's an inmate. I loved the story excepting for three things:

1. It was awfully short.
2. The obligatory sex scene. It *felt* obligatory.
3. The fact that the truth came out from her and for him at the exact same time. It felt contrived. Her letter would've taken a while to get there - the author could've played with that time a little. But it felt wrong to have
Marie Mckenney
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

Love this book about Molly and Brody. Their story is a wonderful love story containing books. Molly sends books to a soldier. It turns out Brody gets the book with a note in it. Love the way it was written with the month and one of the characters story during this time. Both are at different places at the time but the ups and downs are so awesome. Love this story especially the ending. Another awesome book by Maryann.
Rachel
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an 'Advanced Author’s Copy' in exchange for my honest review. Brody Molina and Molly Thurston's story was touching and had me in tears. I loved the fact that books were involved, and as a book lover I think you all will too. Their story as a added element from Molly's life and her struggle in what she should do. Everything doesn't come to them easily, but worth it in the end. Can't wait for the next.
Rhonda Ziglar
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Freedom of Love by Maryann Jordan.....This is the second novella in this series as always Maryann Jordan delivers and fantastic story. I loved Brody and Molly, they met becoming pen pals through the love of books. I enjoyed this sweet romance story and it brought a smile to my face. I highly suggest this book or any book by this amazing author. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Anne Dodds
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the BEST series!!!

These are the best stories!!! Right now this is book 2 of a 3 book series and I so hope there will be many, many more for this series.

For me this book was heart wrenching! I cried when Brody shut out Molly. The angst in this book!

Maryann Jordan is doing a phenomenal job with this series! Her characters have depth and the storylines are spot on. All in all this is a series you don't want to miss! I'm looking forward to the next one!
K B
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars
I purchased a copy of the the novella Class of Love (Letters From Home Series Book 1) by Maryann Jordan and this review was given freely.
Courage,social isolation and a love of literature lead to a rocky relationship with a happy ending. Being placed in prison after the death of her abusive stepfather, Molly finds herself working in the library and sending books overseas to the military where a simple note leads to more with mystery loving Army MEDEVAC medic Brody.
Sue Dayoub
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It Started as a project....

An amazing story of protectiveness, honor, forgiveness and redemption. It starts out as a service project for Molly, Books for Soliders, for Brock it turns into a lesson about jumping to conclusions. MaryAnn Jordan characters and stories always touch you.
Celeste
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
I absolutely loved reading this book. I was just reeled into the storyline so much that I could not put the book down. I was just waiting to see how the two of these were going get together. It was very interesting that she was protecting her younger sister and keep her secret until she was ready to face it. This book is very good and I really good and I loved it and recommend it to everyone.
Inez
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Freedom of Love is an outstanding book. This book is Brody and Mollies story. It's a story of forgiveness, a story of find your way through letters from home.
Freedom of Love is part of the Letters from Home series. The series is well written and on point. Maryann Jordan did a superb job.
Carol Dixon-Smith
Jun 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Worth reading

Started the series and decided to finish it. The stories didn't blow me away. They're lovely, nice, but for me lacked a bit of fizz. However, they are worth reading and I did enjoy them.
Carol and Gary Curtis
Sweet, simple love story. I'm enjoying this series greatly. I certainly want to read the third book of the series now. I enjoy this author and these jentle books are a real treat.
Jenny Brown
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh Jordan haha
Colleen
The third read by this author and the third 2-star rating.

Cheers
Bookish Addict
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yet another heartwarming and sweet novella. I just love military romances!
Melody Dawn
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Letters From Home series has become some of my favorites of Maryann Jordan's work. Their is so much emotion of every kind in these stories that you can't help but identify with them.

In the second installment, Freedom Of Love, the heroine Molly, is imprisoned for a crime she didn't commit. She is determined to keep her head down throughout her sentence without drawing her attention to herself. Her sister is her only concern.

She is assigned a service project and picks working in the library
Patricia Oak
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This of the three is probably my least favorite but it was a 5 star because of that reason. Sounds strange but that is one of the reasons I love reading Ms. Jordan.

Both of the main characters have an almost insatiable need of reading. Almost more than they need air to breathe, so like me that I can relate to that need. They "met" because of that love, the heroine starts a community project of sending used books overseas to the military there. I always remember the feel of opening a book that f
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tempt Me (Semper Fi Marines, #2)
  • Forget Me Never (Hell Yeah!, #7)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Pride (The Seven, #1)
  • Finding Dani (Once a Marine, Always a Marine, #3)
  • Let It Burn (Burn #1)
  • Brett (SEALs of Honor, #10)
  • The Cowboy's Last Goodbye (Grass Valley Cowboys #6)
  • Bang for the Buck (Special Forces: Operation Alpha; SWAK #1)
  • Courting Carrie in Wonderland
  • G.I. BABY
  • The SEAL Next Door (Alpha SEALs #5)
  • Fuzzy Logic (An Alpine Grove Romantic Comedy Book 2)
  • Retreat Hell! She Just Got Here (Always a Marine, #2)
  • A Soldier for Christmas
  • True Surrender
  • A Private Affair
  • Protecting Bobbi (Brotherhood Protectors Kindle World)

As an Award Winning and International Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo Best Selling Author, I have always been an avid reader. I joke that I "cut my romance teeth" on the old historical romance books. I’ve written as a hobby for over 30 years. In 2014, I finally gave in to the characters in my head pleading for their story to be told. Thus, Emma's Home was created.

My first novel, Emma's Home b

Letters from Home (3 books)
  • Class of Love (Letters From Home, #1)
  • Bond of Love (Letters From Home, #3)