Start by marking “The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)

The Ship of the Dead

(Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #3)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  38,735 ratings  ·  3,861 reviews
13 hours

Magnus Chase, a once-homeless teen, is a resident of the Hotel Valhalla and one of Odin's chosen warriors. As the son of Frey, the god of summer, fertility, and health, Magnus isn't naturally inclined to fighting. But he has strong and steadfast friends, including Hearthstone the elf, Blitzen the dwarf, and Samirah the Valkyrie, and together they have achieved
Audio CD, Unabridged, 13 pages
Published October 3rd 2017 by Listening Library

To ask other readers questions about The Ship of the Dead, please sign up.
Mark Holmes
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Stellenbosch The author announced that Magnus Chase book 3 is titled Ship of the Dead, and is set for release on October 3, 2017 (exactly one year away)! He said…moreThe author announced that Magnus Chase book 3 is titled Ship of the Dead, and is set for release on October 3, 2017 (exactly one year away)! He said that the current plan is for this to be the final book in the series.

He also reminded us that Trials of Apollo book 2 is titled The Dark Prophecy, and it’ll be out in May 2017. Jason Grace will be appearing again, Riordan said, adding that they may one day get a story of their own.

There will be five books in the Trials of Apollo series.

from: http://www.hypable.com/magnus-chase-b...(less)

·  38,735 ratings  ·  3,861 reviews

Start your review of The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)
Simona Bartolotta
I love this series to pieces. And was that a hint at a possible continuation you threw in there, Rick? WAS IT
Jayson
(A-) 80% | Very Good
Notes: Wherein mead’s in need, burden urges healing, a banana sails, praise prevails, and romance reaps no ripened feeling.
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
Post-read review:

I'm satisfied. However, I guess this means that I have officially sold my soul to Uncle Rick.

Full review to come.

Pre-read review:

Guys, I have high hopes for this novel. But to be honest, I have one and only one demand...

#blitzstone
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
"I figured something out. You can't hold on to hate forever. It won't do a thing to the person you hate, but it'll poison you, sure enough."

I love this quote! Who would have thought T.J. could be so wise?! And this is just the beginning! For once we actually get to know a little bit of his background story and I was a happy camper to finally find out more about him. About T.J., Halfblood and about Mallory, that is.
In this third and last book they all got a moment to shine and I’m still intrigued by so
Ashley Nuckles
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Crying. That has to be my favorite in the series. I'm in love and NEED. MORE.
April
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I could ever rate any of Rick's books lower than 5 stars.
P
Apr 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“Sometimes you lie to deceive people. Sometimes you lie because you need the lie to become the truth.”

If I were ten years younger, this book would blow my mind for sure. In The Ship of the Dead, Magnus, Sam, Alex and his fellas must stop Ragnarok before Loki starts sailing the ship. The beginning sounded promising and I could feel there're a lot of mind-blowing packages that were to come, but I felt a bit let down after halfway through this book. It was not what I expected, tbh.

Quests after quests. Pro
Romie
Am I okay? Or am I dying because of the feels? Am I reborn in Valhalla?
Those are all great questions.

I didn’t read this book, I inhaled it. Seriously. This book was read in less than a day, that’s simply how good it was. I couldn’t put it down, I NEEDED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT.

I loved every single character in this book, and I think what I liked the most was knowing all the stories behind Mallory, T.J. and Gunderson, it was just so meaningful. Those three aren’t
Brittany
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-read, audiobook
An amazing ending to an amazing trilogy! I truly love how funny Riordan is able to make his books and I feel as though he’s found the perfect balance between teaching mythology, serious topics, and a healthy dose of humor!

The whole crew is so loveable and each has very distinct personalities. I love the group dynamic and I love how understanding they are to one another.

My favorite part of the magnus chase series had been actually learning Norse mythology. It’s one of the ones I’ve b
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
Complete 5 Golden Stars

I couldn't spot even a tiny flaw through reading; things kept happening in every page! & I never got bored during reading this at all!

2nd favourite in this series!
& a quick read!

Magnus is Hilarious! (Magnus & Percy were two books I ACTUALLY ENJOYED reading in first person also Pendragon at some points)

In case you're wondering, Old York looks absolutely nothing like New York.
It looks older.
Magnus Chase, maste/>✦
In
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
description

3.5 stars. Final review, first posted on Fantasy Literature:

When Naglfar ― a ship made out of the fingernails and toenails of the dead, eek! ― sets sail, carrying hordes of giants and zombies warriors to fight the gods of Asgard, Ragnarok and a world-ending battle aren’t far behind. Ragnarok can’t be entirely avoided, unfortunately (it’s an inevitable prophecy), but perhaps it can be delayed for a while longer?

As the third and final book in Rick Riordan‘s MAGNUS CHASE AND THE GODS OF ASGARD series begins, Loki has escaped
may ➹
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to may ➹ by: prag ♻
last night I almost started crying from worry over what that stupidly vague ending meant so things are going great
ambsreads
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS REVIEW AND OTHERS ARE ALSO ON MY BLOG

R A M B L E

First up, it feels so good to be writing a review. I haven’t finished a book in a while (about a week, actually) so writing this makes me so happy. Life just sucks at the moment, makes it difficult to make time for a book when you’re packing all your stuff and trying to find a house. But, hey, what can you do?

Okay, now fully into the ramble;

Some books you truly want to be longer than a trilogy. The stor
Hannah
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
The good thing about Rick Riordan's books is that you always know what you get. They are light-hearted, funny, fast-paced, and just lovely to read. Having said that - I think he might be running out of steam here.

I will not even try to give a synopsis because, like all the books in the Percy Jackson universe before this, it's basically: group of demi-gods (or Einherjar) get send on a quest, they go from place A to place B - get attacked/meet a monster/get challenged - escape, go to p
Jessica
Oh, Magnus! You are the best!

I have been trying to decide what it is about these that I love so much. I have really, REALLY liked the Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus books, but I LOOOVE Magnus. And I realized that it's because Magnus is, well, such a sweetheart. He is a genuinely compassionate and just sweet guy, and I adore him for that. His first thought, in any situation, is how to take care of his friends. He knows he's not a good fighter, and he doesn't like fighting, so
Camille ☼
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You’re a strange person.”

“I prefer the term fabulously weird.”

4.5. I have to admit that I started this series already ready to rage about how it wasn’t as good as Percy Jackson because the Percy Jackson series is one that I hold particularly close to my heart. However, if after the first book I was positively surprised but not impressed, the rest of the series just got better and better and I can almost say I find this just as good as the other series.

This series stands out in how diverse and open-minded it is. How many books have/>/>“I
⚔ Silvia ⚓
Not to be dramatic but I owe this trilogy my life

____
Full series review here!

The best way I can describe this series in one sentence is: a more diverse and woke version of Percy Jackson and if that doesn't want to make you read it then I don't know what will.
Jessica
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like all the books in this series, I really liked this. I think the best part of the series are the characters. I loved how his friends from the 19th floor had a bigger role in this book and had more character development. All of his friends are just so precious. I love them and want to protect each and every one of them.

Overall, this was a fantastic installment in the Magnus Chase series.

P.S. Alex is still my fav <3
Natalie Monroe
*I sit at a table lit by a single lamp, surrounded by two mental manifestations*

Cynical Natalie: Well, well, well. How the turn tables

Me: Um, yes. I realize it's been a while—

Cynical Natalie: A year

Nice Natalie: We don't know for certain it's been a year! We don't really keep track of these things

Cynical Natalie: Shut up, ass-kisser. You ignore us for an entire year, penning lackluster rushed reviews, all because you've been getting deeper into the dating game. And now you have the audacity to sit us at this table—with no food either—and ask us to do your dir
Giska Anandita
We can finally see Percy xD

But we have to wait for another year:(
prag ♻
i can't believe because there's still no option for forever rick riordan trash when i'm filling out legal forms because that's the only constant in my life

all i want to do is paint 'i love samirah al-abbas and i love magnus chase and i love mallory keen and i love halfborn gunderson and i love TJ and i really, really love alex fierro' on a tshirt and wear it for about twenty four hours a day for the next three sixty five days

anyway, a big fuck you to 2016 me and everyone else who said rick is writing the same books again and again because this came out of nowhere and left me sh00k

// rtc

ALSO WHAT HAPPENED TO PERCY AND ANNABETH WHAT THE HELL AND FUCK (view spoiler)
AttWaq
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All PJ fans
Shelves: favorites, 2k18-reads
Haha I really like Jack.
“Where's the gold?" I demanded. "Don't make me unleash my sword's playlist.”

Annabeth frowned. "Percy's sword is a she?"
Jack laughed. "Well, duh."
Percy studied Riptide, though I could've told him from experience it was almost impossible to tell a sword's gender by looking at it.
"I don't know," he said. "Are you sure -?"
"Percy,"
said Alex. "Respect the gender."
"Okay, fine,"
he said. "It's just kinda strange that I never knew."
"On the other hand,"
Annabeth said, "you didn't know the pen could write until last year."
"That's low, Wise Girl.”

And I absolutely love the humor anit.
"Igold?"
Sally ☾
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, bookshelf
After reading | October 11th, 2017:

I cried. I actually cried and I’m so embarrassed to admit that I cried because it honestly wasn’t even that sad. I’m just such an emotional trainwreck, and I don't know what is wrong with me.

BUT GOSH DARN IT THE FLYTING SCENE? AND THE OTHALA RUNE SCENE?

My heart was just hit with all of the feels and I couldn’t help myself.

This tril/>
Surina
*climbs up on the roof and pulls out megaphone* I SHIP FIERROCHASE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Hadya
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars
My heart is happy

although there was one smol detail about islam and ramadhan that was wrong, but still

RTC
Calista
I'm sad to be done with Rick's Norse books. These were wonderful. Rick's writing is so clear and he has such a deep understanding of mythology to be able to play with the gods the way he does. These are some of my favorite books as I love anything having to do with mythology. I also enjoy that Magnus is a healer. It's nice that he heals.

Also, I think Alex is one of the coolest characters in literature. I mean, it's so neat that he/she is allowed to flow back and forth on the gender s
Fatima  Havilliard
Seeing that the names for the first two books are objects/weapons in Norse Mythology I wonder what would be the name for this one so I'm going to put some of them:

·Svalin: Shield that protected Sol in the chariot from the sun.
·Laevateinn: Loki’s magic sword.
·Hofund: Sword of the god Heimdall.
·Gungnir: Odin's magical spear.
·Hringhorni: Longship of the god Balder.

Also there is some thing that I want to see. Well tbh all the fangirls want to see him:

description
Sepani
As usual I found humor throughout the story. But I felt bored towards the end of the story.
Because of that 4/5 are given.
Rachel Elizabeth Dare
( 12. November.2016)
MAGNUS IS MEETING PERCY!!!!

Wait, there's no book cover.............. what's the publishing date?

*checks the date.*

*dies.*

(5.May.2017)
Oh My Gods!

THE BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL COVER IS HEREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!(!!!!!!!)

(28 September 2017)
OMyGods (Of the Greek/Roman, Egyptian and Norse variety)

This Sunday........it's releasing this Sunday........

I NEED ALEX+MAGNUS TO COME TRUE PLUS #BLITZSTONE!!!!!!!

• Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • The Silver Mask (Magisterium #4)
  • Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • The Golden Tower (Magisterium, #5)
  • Dragon Pearl
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Bronze Key (Magisterium,  #3)
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2)
  • The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2)
  • The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium, #2)

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard (3 books)
  • The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
  • The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2)
“I figured something out. You can't hold onto hate forever. It won't do a thing to the person you hate, but it'll poison you, sure enough.” 103 likes
“You’re a strange person.” “I prefer the term fabulously weird.” 75 likes