Start by marking “Burned (Crushed #2)” as Want to Read:
Burned (Crushed #2)

Burned

(Crushed #2)

Perception is everything to sixteen-year-old Olivia Brown. With her freakishly hot boyfriend, volunteer work at the local animal shelter, successful beauty channel on YouTube, and well-earned spot on X Factor Cheer's elite level five Diamond Girl team, Livvie's the girl every other girl wants to be. At least, that's the illusion she's aiming for.

But Livvie's seemingly per
ebook, 2, 252 pages
Published January 17th 2017 by Elisa Dane (first published June 4th 2014)

Start your review of Burned (Crushed #2)
Michelle
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I read the first chapter in the back of the previous boo I knew that I had to read this book, when I got an early copy off the publicist I was surprised but excited and read as fast as humanly possible to finish by current reads so that I could open the pages of Unbreakable and make a start on it.

One thing that I liked when I began reading was how Unbreakable not only follows on from Ex-Factor, but also lets us keep with the familiar characters from the previous book and see how they are do
Jessica
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the first book. (And I liked that one too!)
The things I liked with EX-factor was still present. Sweet romance, important theme and a good flow. But this time the author let the characters make the point instead of telling me. I really enjoyed Livvie, she was a great heroine. Vulnerable, kind and still strong. Reid was great but this time the girl was my favourite. The theme of abuse, secrets that hurt you and learning to stand up for yourself is very important and I think it was
Cathy *Booklover4everandever*
Another great book...

This is another great book by Elisa Dane. She again touched on a few subjects that most teens never think about like rape, all types of abuse and control issue in relationships. It was really well researched and very thorough throughout the book. I gave it a 4.5 if it was possisble!
Lisa Mandina
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 really. A quick, hard to put down read. I think I had picked this one up for a freebie one day. And then I saw that it was part of the Kindle Unlimited Challenge, and while I don't have KU, I decided to at least try to participate since I had that book. It was a pretty good book, I'd like to go back and read book 1 now. This is definitely more of a YA than an NA or Adult romance.
Shayna Varadeaux
I am super excited to have book 2 in the Diamond Girls series!

In book two, Elisa Dane tackles another subject matter that is a rough one to put out there. I love that is is done in such a tactful manner.

Liv, Nev's cousin slides into the MC position and boy does it get grit-ty!

I love that Nev is still in this one and that it branches off in a direction that I personally wasn't expecting.

Wow just whoa! It was most definitely a stunner in more than one spot.

I was pretty much staggeringly spee
Debbie
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unbreakable is the second book in The Diamond Girl series but could easily be read as a stand alone. This book was just as touching as Ex-factor and brought back many of the loveable characters from the first story. This book focused on Olivia or Livvie, Nev's cousin. She has been dating J.P. for almost a year and is in love with him. She feels so special that he picked her out of all the girls he could have. Then why does she not want to go all the way with him? Why does her personality change ...more
Deanna
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To say that I was lucky enough to get an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of this book would be an understatement. Book #2 in the Diamond Girls Series (and my favorite so far), Elisa Dane takes poor sweet Livvie and puts her through the ringer! On top of having to deal with school, cheer AND a job, she's got her douche of a boyfriend to deal with. Her cousin Nev sees what she's going thru but with Livvie being a little on the naive side, it takes her a little longer to see the truth.

Enter Livvie's ni
Bianca Chiriac Suciu
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book

I really liked the book. The plot was great with just the right amount of angst. Reid was so sweet. I would definitely recomend this book.
The only thing I didn't like was the "I don't do relationships" phrase. I am sick of reading this sentence in almoust every book.
Athena Stephenson
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another realistic story about a sensitive subject teenagers deal with regularly. Very well done!
Valeria
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was glad to finally go back to this series and meet with the Diamond Girls again. The more I read about them, the more I feel they are definitely a cool group of girls I’d love to surround myself with in real life. Plus, I would’ve loved to be cheerleader in High School, if only that option were available while I was growing up. Nevertheless, there are more than enough reasons to think these girls are cool aside from their awesome athletic skills, especially Livvie.

They are all incredibly loya
Maika Francesca Cabildo
When you thought Bodie was perfect enough..

Then Reid Tate comes..

description

This book is better than the first one (I loved that too tho!) I really love how Elisa Dane puts twist on every ending! <3
Tiffany York
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start by saying, these books were right up my alley. Before I read any of the stories, just from reading the synopsis for both books, I knew that I was going to absolutely love them. They have everything that I look for in good contemporary novels. Female characters that you can't help but love, hot guys (though sometimes there are SERIOUS problems with them), adorable romances, strong relationships, and deeper life struggles. Both of these books by Elisa Dane had all of these elements, a ...more
Patty
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
 photo 4c7c57e9-244a-42fb-abaf-06f54de6e038_zpse7762b12.png

After reading Ex-Factor I couldn't wait to jump back into the world of the Diamond Girls! Unbreakable focuses on Livvie, who is Nev's cousin but don't worry Nev still makes an appearance in this book! While this is the 2nd book in the Diamond Girls series it can also be read as a standalone.

I have to say though; I loved this book more than Ex-Factor . In Unbreakable we get the real scoop on Livvie’s life, the life that everyone thinks is perfect but it’s far from. My heart bro
Lustful Literature
** JODIE'S 3.5 STAR RATING **

“Cars are easy. Something doesn’t work right? You replace the broken part with a new one. If they’re failing, there’s always a reason and one that’s usually fixable. I can’t really say the same about people.”

Unbreakable is the second book in the Diamond Girls Series, but can be totally be read as a stand-alone! This book centered around Olivia aka Livvie, Nev’s cousin. If you have read book 1 you pretty much know who the players are. However unlike Ex-Factor th
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
I love how this book contained a bunch of things I LOVE in novels. It had characters that were pretty darn cool. There was a perfect amount of romantic elements. There was a common issue between the protagonist and her boy toy. Honestly, this book had SO MANY things within it to make me love the crap out of it.

Livvie took time for me to like. At first, I was adjusting to how different she seemed between the first book and the second. She felt like a whole different character in this one. Ultimat
Kimber Wheaton
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Unbreakable is the second book in the Diamond Girls series about the members of an elite cheer squad. Having been a cheerleader myself, I was immediately drawn to this series. Unbreakable can be read as a standalone or after Ex-Factor (which is also a good book so I'd recommend reading it).

Chapter One really drew me in-- it's very well-written and really showcases the two main characters, Livvie and Reid well. Livvie is an am
Kristen Cansler
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-review, r2r

Oh my word. This book. The feels. It got me right in the heart. Elisa Dane is a master at writing amazing stories with meaningful messages that teens (everyone, actually!) need to be exposed to. I have so much respect for her! Girl, keep writing these books and I'll keep reading them.

As someone who has survived an abusive relationship, I cannot talk about this book enough. It is hell. It isn't sexy. It isn't fun. It isn't worth it. You are worth more than being an outlet for misguided anger
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Diamond Girl series. In book #1 we met Nev. This book focus's on Livvie (Olivia), Nev's cousin.
Livvie: Sweet, innocent and naïve. She is dealing with the craziness of being in high school, the demands of being on the Diamond girls cheer squad, volunteering to help round out her transcript and of course holds down a job. If that's not enough she's got a JERK for a boyfriend.

But then enters..Reid Tate: Drool worthy bad boy. He's got a really messed up home life and
Sara
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can see more of my reviews at www.bookishlife.com

I was provided a copy of this book for review.

Like Ex-Factor, Unbreakable is not my normal type of read. But, again, it was nice to step out of my comfort zone and experience something new. Unbreakable shares the love story of Livvie and Reid, two completely different people who come together in an unusual set of circumstances. Like Ex-Factor, this book also spends some time focusing on social issues that are affecting lots of young girls. Liv
Melissa Saneholtz
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A spin-off from characters in Ex-factor, Unbreakable follows Liv through an abusive relationship. Keeping with Elisa Dane fashion she hits on another tough subject, one that every teenage girl needs to be aware of.

Dane went through the stages of abuse, starting with simple control issues all the way to the abuser losing it completely. It’s important that people recognize control as a form of abuse and Dane did a fantastic job portraying this. What I liked most about this book is it showed that a
Juli
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

I loved this story as much if not more than the first book! Olivia and Reid's chemistry and charm held me spellbound. As their story unfolded, I totally fell in love with the couple. Their story is absolutely beautiful. I love how Ms Dane is not afraid to tackle difficult subjects in her stories and can also incorporate a team sport into the storyline. People are physically abused every day. Part of the horror is they suffer in silence and even when people are aware they do not o
Ashlei
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so happy to find out that there was a second book in this series. I absolutely loved Ex-Factor and Elisa Dane. I loved Livvie in the first book and was so happy to see she got her own book. Livvie is super fun and peppy. I loved that she was there for Reid when he needed her. Reid was so hot. I swooned over them and also raged when other things happened. Another great book in this series. Hoping there are more diamond girls books in the works.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is book two in the series but can be read as a standalone.

Loved that we got to read more about these characters that we met in Ex-Factor.

This is Livvies story and what a story it is. My heart went out to Livvie in parts of this story. Hate J.P. Just wanted to slap him!! Now Reid I so love. Great storyline that just flowed so well.

I must say I enjoyed this book more than book one. This was a real page turner.
Looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Rebecca
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Loved this!
Only negative... I wanted more cheer and I wanted more after story... Like more of a conclusion after the drama!
So far in this series it feels like everything wraps up nicely. I perfect ending is always a perfect ending if you get what I mean.
Fell in love with the characters though and loved the fact that we got some follow up on previous characters.
Dalene
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, I would like to thank the author Elisa Dane for giving me this book for an honest review. The storyline is good. The characters are well developed and written. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Chelsey Hunt
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the issues that these books cover, I think every teenage girl should read them for their message. Once I got past the pet names, I was absorbed into this story. A few points in this book had me at the edge of my seat and staying up way to late to read it. I can't wait for the 3rd book!
Cheergirl24
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was phenomenal! I really enjoyed the characters and plot. Livvie's story broke my heart, and Reid put it back together again! Highly recommend!!!!
Krys
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great suspenseful story and great characters! Happy ending that tells you just because people have harsh upbringings doesn't mean they turn out the same! hope there is another story!
Dani Foster
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Omg soooooooooooo good!!!!!!! I did enjoy Ex-Factor but I loved Unbreakable so much!!!!!!! Liv & Reid were sooooo cute and great characters!!!!!! 5 stars!! Full review coming soon! ...more
Mared Owen
Aug 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yikes. Definitely a book that deserves using the word "cringe-worthy." I really don't know why I bothered to read it in the first place.

• Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
  • Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold
  • The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1)
  • Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3)
  • Without Words
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Broken
  • Cherish
  • How to Save a Life (Dreamcatcher, #1)
  • Texas Glory (Texas Trilogy, #2)
  • Annie's Song
  • Ten Thousand Truths (Ten Thousand #3)
  • Elusion (Facets of Feyrie, #1)
  • Dancing on Coals
  • The Hard Count
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • Becoming Calder
  • The Work of Art
ELISA DANE is a self-proclaimed book junkie. A lover of handbags, chocolate, and reality television, she's a proud mother to three All- Star cheerleaders. Writing is her absolute passion, and it's her mission to create stories that will not only take you on a romantic journey that will warm your heart, but help you find a new respect and interest in the sport of All-Star cheerleading.

Elisa is no