Start by marking “The Battles: A Fabulous Odyssey Seeking The Secret of Success and Positive Thinking.” as Want to Read:

The alternate cover edition of this book can be found here.

Do you feel it's time for success? Because you're worth it.
Who thinks that personal development books and goal setting manuals were boring? Not anymore! See how you can succeed in business and life and achieve your dreams.

David Bowie famously sang, “We can be heroes, just for one day.” Much more than a simple song,
Published January 17th 2017 by Christiane Agricola

To ask other readers questions about The Battles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Battles

Emiliya Ahmadova
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As an avid and omnivorous reader, I have always preferred books meant to motivate others by demonstrating the road to success in life. Thus, just the title of Christiane Agricola's book, The Battles: The Secrets of Success, drove me to pick it up and start turning its pages.
In fact, life itself can be characterized only as battles between good and evil, success and failure. People are always trying not only to achieve and reach a stated goal, but also to effect changes in their lives. At times,
Erik Jauch
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Entertainment With A Message

This book has a great concept and is executed perfectly. As a student of the law of attraction, I appreciated how fact and fiction were so seamlessly interwoven. I loved how the chapters had takeaways, adding to the clarification of concept. This was a very enjoyable read!
Camelia Gherib
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the author's foreword, I understood that this book is written for people who are not used to non-fiction and self-help books. After reading it, I think this is a very good idea. Many people need this kind of education, but unfortunately, classical success books are most of the time difficult to read and not fun. So, I would advise you, go ahead and read this book. And when you are done, try to put everything you learned into action. This can truly change your life.
Once you get used to the p
Cristina Slusariuc
Christiane Agricola came up with a book purely unique, entertaining and motivational, as it changed the perspective of this genre in a totally positive and refreshing manner!

Besides the fact that “The Battles” impressed me with the resourceful dose of Napoleon Hill quotes, personal development and self-help tips professionally structured in six lessons meant to make the readers to find the right way of achieving their dreams and become better versions of themselves not only on a professional lev
Joanie Chevalier
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
What a fantastic book. Author Christiane Agricola is brilliant. She incorporates lessons into a fantasy/science fiction story; it's even reminiscent of steam punk. The artwork is delightful too. The author says it all when she writes, "Learn how to become the best possible version of yourself. Because once you’ve read “The Battles,” you too can become a hero – and not just for one day."

With Ms. Agricola on our side, I believe it; we'll all become heros and make our world a better place.
Sem
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This uncommon personal development book reminds us of the wisdom of one of the most famous success philosophers, Wallace D. Wattles, who inspired also Rhonda Byrne to write here #1 bestseller “The Secret”.
The Battles narrates the story of five young people in their quest for success and personal achievement. They will learn from Magnus Battles how to find their true life-purpose, take action, and achieve their big dream project. The kind of big project that will not only change their lives but a
Loren Lockner
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unique Storytelling angle entices in this offbeat Futurist Fantasy.
As I started this unique novel, I first felt like I had been dropped into the film 2001: A Space Odyssey, but within a chapter it quickly progressed to the Hunger Games married to The Terminator. I liked the optimistic thrust of the novel, which illustrated that even the most pessimistic future of a doomed planet can be altered through a revival of self-love, intellect, curiosity, and a positive attitude. Do not expect this to be
Andrea Darlington-Perno
Interesting take on self help

This book is an interesting take on self-help. What makes this book unique is that it is told in story format rather than that of a non-fiction self help book. Each story has a unique lesson to learn so you don’t even think you are reading a self help book. Highly recommend.
S.N. Lemoing
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a very original story: a sci-fi plot mingled with a coaching thinking. The world and its rules are well described so you really have the feeling to read a story with interesting and diverse characters, and there are also tips and an interactive set-up to self-improvement. There are bonuses on the official website if you want to further the experience. Bravo to the author!
Christiane
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Jack Magnus for Readers' Favorite

The Battles: A Fabulous Odyssey Seeking The Secret of Success and Positive Thinking is a non-fiction inspirational allegory written by Christiane Agricola. Drawing on the influence of motivational authors and New Thought Leaders, Wallace Delois Wattles, and Napoleon Hill, Agricola presents a series of lessons designed to help readers lead positive lives and achieve success. The allegory is set in the future; a grim future where the earth is in peril.
Kate Green
Elsbeth
Oct 31, 2017
Jan 25, 2018
Want to listen to the book? 1 1 May 11, 2017 09:23AM

Christiane Agricola is a globetrotter born in Germany in 1966. After her studies in energy and process engineering, she worked in environmental protection but soon discovered that an employee life wasn’t compatible with her personality.

She changed her career and became a nutrition and fitness coach. Since a very young age she took a vivid interest in nutrition and weight control. Now, her coaching