Start by marking “Penguins Love Their ABC's” as Want to Read:
Penguins Love Their ABC's

Penguins Love Their ABC's

Six penguins set off on an Alphabet Hunt, Mama has hidden all the alphabet letters in the snow. Each letter is marked by a clue (an "apple" leads to "a"). Will you help the penguins find all the hidden letters? Of course you will!

At the end of the Alphabet Hunt, it's time to gobble up a big bowl of Mama's alphabet soup, where words are hidden, too. All the peng
Published August 29th 2017 by The Blue Sky Press (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Penguins Love Their ABC's, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Penguins Love Their ABC's

Bethany
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
In PENGUINS LOVE THEIR ABC'S, Mama Penguin hides ABC's in the snow for her six children to seek out. They find letter by letter and it makes for a fun way to learn the ABC's. They also ask questions for the children to answer which leads to more development than just with ABC's.

Penguins are the perfect animals to teach lessons. They're so cute and everybody loves them. I loved that the ABC's tied in with some of the penguins' names, like broccoli. They also ask questions like "do you
Juliana Lee
The little penguins put on their special glasses to go on an alphabet letter hunt. Mama Penguin has buried the letters under the snow, but she left clues on the snow to help the little penguins find each one. At the end of the hunt everyone warms up with some alphabet soup.
Es
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s
Bright , colorful pictures ...text just ok.
OpenBookSociety.com

ISBN: 9781338134209
Author Website: http://sarahaspinallcreates.com/
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Caro

Synopsis:

Six penguins set off on an Alphabet Hunt, Mama has hidden all the alphabet letters in the snow. Each letter is marked by a clue (an “apple” leads to “a”). Will you help the penguins find all the hidden letters? Of course you will!

At the end of the Alphabet Hunt, it’s time to gobble up a big bowl of Mama’s
zapkode
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – This has got to be one of the cutest alphabet books I have come across in a very long time. I really enjoyed reading it. It isn’t really long and I am sure that the attractive bright rainbow coloring throughout the pages will easily draw my one year old in and help her find interest in listening to the story within the pages. It is so nicely put together and the illustrations are so bright, vibrant and rainbow that any child will be drawn into its pages. Not to mention that it is ...more
Paige Miller
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: k-2nd grade
Summary:
In this heart warming story of a family of penguins working on their Abc's. Mama penguin hides all the letters of the alphabet in the snow and the six little penguins must find the letters. Above each letter she left a hint, will the penguins figure it out, they may need your help. The learnings not over yet, the penguins must bring the letters home and put them back in order. Will the six little penguins be able to do it?
This is a wonderful book when working with the ABC's. The
Helen O'Hara
What a fun ABC book! We ended up singing our ABCs three times for this one!! Kids identified each clue that the Penguin brothers and sisters found. (A is for Apple... O is for Orange... Z is for Zucchini... and my favorite, U is for UNDERPANTS!) At the end of the story, we went around the room and shared which letter our names begin with... and singing the ABCs one more time for good measure!

Another silly penguin game we played during this storytime was "Waddling Eggs." We learned th
Lauren
I really thought this book did a great job in helping kids learn their ABC's. It starts off by introducing the characters of the book and throughout the book then these penguins go on a hunt and find things that relate to the letter they are looking for. I also liked it because it is very interactive for all the students as a read aloud because during the book the teacher can stop and have the students try to find the items before the next page. I absolutely love interactive books like these bec ...more
Melissa
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
As a classroom teacher, I would have loved to use this book to introduce read or write the room. The special glasses that the Penguins wear to spy the objects would be easy to find at the Dollar Store to make it exciting for the students. The print in the book is large and easy to follow, in spite of the sentences not always being read in straight lines.
Milton Public
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
They may indeed love their ABCs, but this book gives us little reason to care about it.
No rhyme, no meter, confusing speech interspersed with a nonsense object hunt fit unconvincingly in a frame story that gives further confusion.
The only conceivable reason to read this book is if you like penguins wearing glasses, which, granted, is an excellent reason in the world of kids' books.
Donna Mork
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute book to aid in learning the alphabet.
Joey Gremillion
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect book for the wee beasties to learn and reinforce their letters. Love me some penguins.
Heather
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Cute penguins with cute penguin names picking up cute alphabetical objects including a whole page dedicated to underpants. This is one of my new favorite alphabet books.
Lynn
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Bright and cute. .
Stacy
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Momma penguin has hidden letters in the snow, can the little penguins find all the letters? Great book for learning the abcs!
Rachel
A very basic ABC book, but the characters are fun and they interact with the game in playful ways and there are interesting questions directed at the reader to engage them.
J
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! There's lots of opportunity for interaction and the penguins are so cute.
Jean
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pic book, cute, colorful, interactive,
Alyssa Gudenburr
A great book to teach the abc's to your child. Is on the long side so it would better as a one-on-one.
Barbara
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Little penguins look for clues in the snow to learn their ABCs. Children ages 2 - 5 will enjoy the colorful illustrations that adorn a rather sedate text.
MaryLibrarianOH
It's an okay book about the alphabet. Does have some good vocabulary words.

From advanced reader copy.
Chrissy
Fun and cute ABC book with penguins!
Hααℓєу♡  Ƒιѕнєя
Cute way to learn the ABC's and connect them to things around you.
Cara Byrne
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
My preschooler and I loved working through the ABC with these silly sibling penguins.
Melissa
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was cute and a different take on the typical alphabet book. I loved that the six Penguins' glasses color corresponded with their name, so readers can easily tell them apart. The six penguins depart on a scavenger hunt to find the letters of the alphabet...hidden underneath different objects, so that by identifying the object, you learn the letters they all start with! I also liked that there were questions for the reader to answer periodically, like what is your favorite flower? And what le ...more
Katie Casey