Start by marking “The Mind Virus (The Wired #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mind Virus (The Wired #3)

The Mind Virus

(The Wired #3)

Skylar Cruz’s heart is shattered. But even though everyone has betrayed her, Skylar was able to negotiate a way to open the door between the Real World and the App World. Now Skylar must help the people who left the virtual world behind as they become refugees in the Real World.

And for everyone who remained plugged in, a new danger has become evident. Their bodies are myst
Published December 26th 2017 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The Mind Virus, please sign up.
Maya sadly yes, I wish there are more books in the series.
…more
sadly yes, I wish there are more books in the series.
(less)

Start your review of The Mind Virus (The Wired #3)
CatherineG_C2
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
“The Mind Virus” is is a book framing Skylers life ever since Kit broke her heart, she been moping for weeks on end. She tried to patch her heart with Rain; but that option is crumpling because Rain is known for his reputation of being the “King” of the real world, so that made Skyler the, queen. Skyler, refused to see her as a queen (even if its not real), she turns her head on Rain and finally agreed to leave him when she found that Rain was lying to her. Lacy (famous app world celebrity) swoo ...more
Nancy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
Honestly, one of the worst last books in a trilogy I've read thus far. The second book was still relatively fresh in my head when I read this, but it felt like I was reading two entirely different books, written by different authors, and the only thing that made any sense was that there was an App World and a Real World.

Remember how Skye and her good old sister were enemies in Book Two? Yeah, in Book Three, they have one interaction and is forgiven, and redeemed. Same goes for the father. It's
Spencer
Honestly, a pretty decent ending; just about what I expected. I like that the plot continued to build the way that it did. And the characters all had some for of personal growth. I didn't like the Rain/Lacy/Skylar/Kit storyline. I didn't see why it was necessary for Skylar to like both Rain and Kit; and for Rain to like both Lacy and Skylar (it's that darn love triangle garbage). But even with that, they were all pretty likable characters (Lacy is a bit of an exception there).

I thought the way t
Kendra
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay unlike other reviews..
I say Donna Freitas nailed it! My heart breaks tho that this series has come to an end. It was literally MY FAVORITE! It just made me think so much about our future in this world and how tech addicted many of us humans are. If it is possible I really wish she would continue the series and how the world is remade. But my heart is happy for Kit and Skylar. I know I’m selfish. ❤️ But the book was beautifully written and I couldn’t appreciate it more.
Jenaya
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can not wait to add this series to my collection. So I can read it again and again. A great conclusion to this amazing story. If you haven't read this series I think you should. Its mind opening to how we are with technology. How addicted we are. And with that being said. I am going to go and unplug and read another amazing story.
Carolynn Markey
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked the ending of this book and how everything panned out.
Grace-Lily
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
favourite book!!!!
best series I have ever read!!
Natalie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great end to the series.
Nicole Houser
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Loved how it ended.
This was an awesome series :D
annikasplatzindieserwelt
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5-5 ⭐️
Elisha Jachetti
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
THE MIND VIRUS by Donna Freitas is the third and final installment of the UNPLUGGED series. The story opens with a new character, Ree, watching her friend die a virtual death, something that had previously been considered impossible. Not wanting the word to spread, the virtual government imprisons Ree for what she’s seen. Meanwhile, back in the Real World, Skylar knows something is amiss when bodies start perishing on the plugs. As rumors of the App World collapsing begin to circulate, Skylar be ...more
Teenage Reads
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
Shelves: 2018, books-i-own, series
Plot:
After closing the body market, Skyler thought her hero days were done. Yet those who unplugged started regretting their decision, they are laid up in bed all day, refusing to walk, and demanding their apps back. The children do not seem to mind, already running around and doing gymnastics, they prance around the makeshift shelter chanting about Queen Skyler and King Rain. Yes, after the betrayal from Kit, Skyler and Rain became a mutual unit again. Skyler tries to help Parvda with the pain
iva
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopia, young-adult
The final book of The Wired series is an interesting mix of improvements and diminishments from the previous stories. There are also even more POV’s and thank god, one of them doesn’t have anything to do with the main love tetragon. Ree is refreshingly carefree despite the circumstances of her appearances, funny and witty and sarcastic. Also more proactive than Skylar in the first book.
The characters all underwent some major development - my favorite was Lacy (but I loved Lacy from the first boo
Alexis Lane
I don’t understand how this book got published. Where was the editor? Since this was for Harper Teen did they just think oh the teenagers are too stupid to notice all of this BLARING inconsistencies? The character of Ree literally completely changed. The first time she’s introduced as the one not liking the vapid and shallowness of her friend- and then she turns vapid and shallow herself? And her voice sounds exactly like another character, Lacy? The same exact voice used for two characters now. ...more
Cecilie Licht
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kelsie Cortez
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I am finally done with this book and my thoughts about it are all over the place. It took me FORever to finish this story and it was actually pretty thought provoking (towards the end). I feel that an underlying message to this story could be that we, as a society, spend entirely too much time on electronic devices. This book is basically about a virtual world crashing and those that live within its codes. At the end, electronic devices and social media were again taking over their lives, but th ...more
beanbagreads
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The main reason I'd give this one 3 stars is because it felt fairly uneventful compared to The Body Market (#2), which I absolutely loved. Not saying that nothing happens in it, but more that The Body Market was a rollercoaster from start to finish and The Mind Virus doesn't quite have that same effect for me. With such a long build up to the climax of the story, I just don't feel like it peaked as much as it could have at the end.

Would have liked to see more villain action at work here. Whilst
Alexia
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Mind Virus is a great conclusion to The Wired Trilogy. It deals a lot with the topic of immigration as some of the Real World Citizens don't want the App World refuges reintegrating into normal society. We also learn more about Skylar's mother and what she did all those years Skylar was plugged in. The only thing I would add to this book would be some sort of reconciliation between Skylar and Jude.
Kristin
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
A solid three stars. To be honest, I find this writer's style very basic, and the character's actions/interactions with each other very stereotypical. There is no real deep thinking with these characters, nor complex interactions with each other. But I find the story line of this series interesting, so I had to complete it/get the end.
Moriah
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dee
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018
It just didn't work for me. Where I thought the first two books to be decent enough, the final instalment of this series was a miss. It felt rushed in all the wrong places, while at the same time incredibly dragged out.
Needless to say, I'm glad this series ended.
Kirstyn-maree
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The stunning conclusion to the Unplugged series, this story has great character development and overall an interesting plot line.
Jen Wysk
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actually loved this series. It has been a few years since I could really embrace a book, let alone a series. Great book!
T. Jackson
Fantastic Story. Could not put it down.
Monica
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopia, young-adult
Disappointing end to the series. Not very exciting.
Sariah F
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These books are all so amazing and mind-opening! If you want to think, these books are for you.
Kaele’s Krazy Book Obsession
Wow. I CANT WITH THIS SERIES. I did not think she would take it this way. That the virtual world would die. That devices would come back to the real world. I’m so glad in this book that Skylar ended up with Kit, I love him. I wish there were more Trader scenes, he was my comic relief in book two. But I loved that Kit and her brother were friends. Highly recommend this series.
Marina
rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2019
Tracy V.
Jan 17, 2018
Nele
Oct 26, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Parallel
  • Dark of the Moon (Shipwrecked, #2)
  • Shipwrecked (Shipwrecked, #1)
  • We, The Wildflowers
  • Sister, Missing (Girl, Missing, #2)
  • The Truth About Leaving
  • Impostors (Impostors, #1)
  • One Half from the East
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Off Balance (Aunare Chronicles, #2)
  • Shatter City (Impostors, #2)
  • Girl, Missing (Girl, Missing, #1)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • When We Were Lost
  • Women Who Think Too Much: How to Break Free of Overthinking and Reclaim Your Life
  • Leave Your Mark
  • Satellite
Donna was born in Rhode Island and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY and Barcelona, Spain.

on Tumblr
on Twitter
on Facebook

The Wired (3 books)
  • Unplugged (The Wired, #1)
  • The Body Market (The Wired #2)